Author Topic: Hold Me Down: Fan comic  (Read 34715 times)

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 10:02:40 AM
In the pannel what his father dies, he doesn't look like his father died. More like somebody just pantsed him and he didn't have anything underneath.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 12:01:31 PM
Oh wow.. somehow This just works ]:)

The comment on the "Long ears" was pretty amusing, good idea there adding that in for a furry world.

And in the last panel, the image of the desks with the reports, it clearly explains (Visually) why he decided to.. leave? abdicate? Though.. that seems somewhat odd.. considering when what was it... When King Edward VIII of Britian abdicated, and the whole crisis it sirred up, and this was in relatively modern times too. I think Sir Metal-maw would have caused chaos as a suitable heir had to be found.

Anyway, the layout this time just makes the story just understandable.. ]:O I'm kinda happy at what you've done here, though Linear, it gets the job done and isn't that confusing.

The autolevels on photoshop look good, and the text:picture ratio is just right really! The exposition was allright.. especially as you did a 'show not tell' in the last panel.

Hehhe, as always I cant wait to see more!

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 01:50:20 PM
Nice page.  Looks good to me. [:)  Really like the effect of the bottom panel.

The middle panel doesn't really look like he's upset though.  Getting facial expressions right is a big challenge that I can relate to, of course. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 08:17:21 PM
Every day I tell myself, "Lopez, it's only 5 more pages, 5 more pages, 5 more pages..."

I tried another something new (every time I have long breaks in between pages, I end up getting an unintended style change.)

I was heavily influenced by a fox print( not a paw print, a block print) that I did for art class. Now the textures are more muddled, rather than the obsession with clarity that I had for the previous pages. Should I keep the more muddled textures or go back to more obvious textures?

And.....ow perspective is hard.

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 09:24:07 PM
Haha this awesome.. and as I said on chat, quite understandable! ]:)

Your prespectives looks good in my opinion, Especially in the first panel! Cant wait to see more.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 12:02:00 PM
I like this style a bit more.  Nice clear outlines makes things easier to see.  Also, nice pacing on this page. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 11:22:47 PM
Yes, Vir, I think I'll try to keep that up. By outlining the characters more darkly in comparison to their surroundings, it makes them easier to distinguish.

Some sort of madness gripped me to update today. ]:O

....this is one of the pages where not much happens. It's killing me to have TWO flashbacks in ONE comic story, but here goes nothing...(This next section is TOTALLY THE ENTIRE REASON I'M WRITING THIS STORY)

Hm....a test? That weeds out most applicants? That causes a lot of military officials? What could it be? ];)

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 11:41:30 PM
"Causes so many officials..." too? *waits for nextweeks update before making any comments ]:P

Though I'm still finding it somewhat hard distinguishing characters from each other..

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 01:51:33 PM
As you may know, my computer is broken. So, I was so determined to finish my comic today, that when I finished it, I realized, "Oh, yeah, I don't actually have a scanner on my computer anymore." So I took my usb drive and scanned it on another scanner in the house (that has a built-in usb; it's pretty cool)...but the quality didn't come out as good. THEN I said, "Oh, yeah, I don't actually have a graphics program on my computer anymore. Soooo...here's an update.

I'll try to rescan it and relayer it when I get my old computer back.

An executioner??? And what did he say??? Stay tuned. ]:) (Wow, two cliffhangers in a row.)

ALSO! is anyone up for a massive coloring job???

See, When I took my usb drive, I noticed there were some other pictures on it, too. That's right, my old Sir Voltar Comic. I kept hinting at it on the chatroom...but you didn't actually think I finished it, did you??? ];)

Well...it's MOSTLY finished. Okay, it needs text. OKAY, it needs color. OKAY! I left out a lot of the details that I planned to add later. (And, yes, half of the pages scanned in upside down. ]:O No, I don't KNOW why.) But the basic design is there. All 19 pages of it. I didn't think of putting it on here because I was worried how I used Sir Voltar's character and how it was different from how Virmir would use him...(since at the time, Sir Voltar wasn't coming back), (Well, I also realized that I didn't actually like coloring, )so I've left it languishing in my USB drive.

So, if anyone feels wandering and listless and feels like they need to set a new goal for themselves (and likes to color comics((and put in dialogue?)) in their spare time,) feel free to contact me. Just throwing this out here. ];)

But meanwhile, AN EXECUTIONER!? WILL THERE BE VIOLENCE??? ]:O (Hint: Probably not so much)

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 08:57:38 PM
Hmmm Interesting thing with the Update... *wonders why they need to serve as an executioner for something like a diplomatic post.. its quite saddening, and as far as I know not a requirement in real life kingdoms...*

Hopefully Sir vance comes up with a plan to get the post... and save that poor fuzzy! (which from the hint seems quite likely)

Anywho.. haha colouring.. blast thats not my forte (especially since Ive never tried) Darn.. cant it work by itself as an uncoloured comic?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:04:06 PM by KaiAdin »

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 09:13:43 PM
Wow... great page. *Really* hooked on this now.  That's an excellent twist.  Certainly looking forward to where you're going with this. [:)

And yeah, definitely want to see the Voltar comic. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 04:24:41 PM
Marching to the tune of progress...but slightly slower, because I had to cut this page in half.

Hmmm...it's a flashback...in a flashback! I apologize for more upside-down words, but I didn't see any other way of doing this.

What? A really anti-climatic ending??? Could it be??? ]:)

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
haha Anti-climatic ending? Probably not... but either way I suspect the poor fellow might somehow get out of this yet!

Also, is that 'Rev" have his eyes closed on then First panel? or is this some representation of fear/thoughtfulness or whatever. ANyway the upside down text is fine, its not a paragraph of stuff so its not annoying to read. ]:)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:45:06 PM by KaiAdin »

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 09:04:39 PM
The wheel thing in the middle is a little strange, but I suppose it's works to show him going crazy with people asking him to apologize.  In the upper right panel, Snazzle-tail kind of looks like he's smiling (noticed you have this upper curl on their lips a lot-- don't think you want this.)

Quarks aside, really strong, emotional story you've got going on here. Gah... I certainly wouldn't be able to go through with it. 

Nice work, and looking forward to the next page. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 08:36:07 PM
Thanks for your comments, Kai and Vir. They really keep me going. ]:) ((*Is building up a big list of things he needs to practice drawing once he gets this done*))

That begs the question: What's Sir Vance think about all this?