Author Topic: Weird Dreams  (Read 114696 times)

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 01:34:44 AM
Alright, so... generally, it seems that I was at the same time a protagonist in some really crappy movie or something, and "real me" watching it. "Real me"'s thoughts in italics.

First scene I remember is me asking someone (kind of a servant/assistant to the family) something in lines of "So you stole this <some word, I don't remember, meant food> for us, right?". (Note that I'm most probably quite a bit younger in there than I am usually). He goes "Urm, heh ^.^' why did you thought something like that?" "Well, I tricked mum, asked her <blast, forgot the exact dialogue, but about some new only-for-privileged marketplace, and tricking her to admit food was from there>".
...okay...
Next scene is unfortunately more blurry. Dad (note, not "real me"'s parents) is bragging about something, his current work/discoveries and such, on top of it "my character" is narrating dad's former career in some kind of army/police something... at some point "I" go "And he still likes the gun" and at the very point he pulls out something looking pseudo-futuristically looking from a side holster... like, whole front is one slightly rounded shape, as high as the barrel and handle would be in a regular pistol, and the grip is a hole in the shape, not sticking down (not entirely unlike FN P90). He plays with it a bit (aiming, putting away and again, no shooting). At one point Mum thinks something in lines of "I like the smaller ones" (and I go "Wait, how do I know she thought that?!") and pulls out a small silver more-like-classic-pistol from behind. Dad's like "I did not knew they put my invention to use!" and a bit later he says he's not sure if he's happy to know it's in production.
And heeeeere goes a scene change.
Something (TV, radio, PA, I just don't know) announces that rationing has been made mandatory, and that everyone is supposed to get the assigned amount (IF ANY) now.
At this point, "real me"'s memory decides to recall quite a large number of old-SF dystopian stories
The me/narrator may or may not mention, not sure, something about how I am now greateful to the guy from first scene for the stolen stuff... because, "without the rationing slips all we can eat is... *we all pick up large packets in red/orange shrinkwrap, labeled "emergency"* GRANDPA'S MAIL-STAMPS COLLECTION."
At this point, I almost took a spittake. o_O wth?!
"We" rip off the plastic, and indeed they're stacks of cardboard folders... open one, and I see a large sheet of absurdally simple stamps (just a few words in a blueish ink). A handwritten note saying "First print, <date>" falls out. Also, from the opened cover hangs a relatively small long lace-tied canvas bag. Something you might use for slightly more expensive sunglasses.
"Real me" just knows there's something really bad with it, and thinks "I sure don't want to open this"...
Of course it gets opened, and a dried butterfly is inside. Something (a label inside? some book? don't know, got only the information itself) tells us it's deadly-dangerous.
One of the parents go "Yeah, it's just like that one... see these gray spots"? (The butterfy looks quite like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inachis_io - weird, as it's not too menacing, and I know way crazier kinds - but has large splotches of gray in center of each wing).
"Real me" goes "What "that one"?! That sounds really like some very crappy horror movie now...
"me" looks where the parents points to, and of course, another one falls down to the floor from somewhere. Then it rolls forward and gets even more unclear... there's a bunch of these butterflies (not a giaaant cloud, just a bunch), everyone's scared, I touch one of the dead ones and note that their wings hook up onto my hand (as in, like they'd have thousands of tiny hooks, and have to be ripped away again)... and I totally feel like it'd be a bad movie.
Okay, another scene change... or two... first, a view of some small hatch with antennae... I actually think the very exact image appeared earlier, with implication it was some kind of an outpost on another planet or something... then, a very bad-movie-ish slow-mo (or was it just looking so slow?) scene with some tentacles breaking from under somethhing transparent (ice, glass, how could I know?)...
"real me" thinks "Okay, it's getting ridiculous. What crappy move it is, anyway?
... and I woke up.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 12:52:58 PM
(2010.08.12 - 07:54:22) Tvorsk: I should pull out my old one about trams from the chatlogs and post there too >.>;

Blatant copypaste, all typos preserved.

VirBot: Tvorsk logs into the Chat.
Tvorsk: Hey!
Stormkit: hey Tvorsk
KaiAdin: oh Tvorsk! hey
Tvorsk: Oh my, how happy I am ti see you two in specific..
KaiAdin: haha
KaiAdin: why is that?
Tvorsk: See, I had a crazy dream, and feel almost forced to talk about it.
Tvorsk: ... you have a minute?
KaiAdin: oh.. cool lets hear it!
Stormkit: I always have a minute for crazy dreams!
KaiAdin: I'm sure kit wont mind
KaiAdin: YAY
Tvorsk: As a bit of preamble, I apparently found a way to get those... stay up late working, then sleep (or nap rather) shallowly till morning (six AM or so), THEN roll to the other side in bed.
Tvorsk: I get sucked almost immediately, and it's the second time in last week I got a crazy dream off it.
KaiAdin: you need to roll?
Stormkit: see I just get them whenever I let myself wake up naturally without an alarm clock
Tvorsk: Well, not everyone can sleep as easily as you, Kai...
KaiAdin: ahhm well I think I sleep too well Tvorsk
Stormkit: nappingkitty just got owned!
KaiAdin: I never seem to remember dreams
KaiAdin: LOL
Tvorsk: So, it was definitely inspired by yesterday; I had a city trip in the dark, I worked on a webpage, which's for a band that plays 20s and 30s style jazz. So a lot of refs to that time.
Tvorsk: Also my city has a lot of bouildings and overall layout left from that time too.
Tvorsk: So.
Tvorsk: I'm standing at a square, surrounded by typical pre-WWII factory-style architecture.
Tvorsk: Implied, "I know"... something in lines of "I just left a theatre."
Tvorsk: I'm waiting for a tram.
Tvorsk: And waiting.
Tvorsk: Time passes, darkness falls around. Streetlights turn on.
Tvorsk: They're also weird, because half of hem has the currently-used orange sodium bulbs, other half's using white (also fluorescent) ones.
KaiAdin: ahh those yucky orange ones
Tvorsk: A light rain is falling.
Tvorsk: At some moment I see a person few dozen meters to the right from me. I think now... not sure, he had a 1930s office clerk's clothes; bowler hat, black suit-vest, white shirt...
Tvorsk: Anyway, I try to approach him, feeling like I'm going up a strong wind... suddenly, I notice I'm way past him... and I totally don't remember what or how, but I'm back at the very point I was standing originally.
Tvorsk: So... apparently I was standing there all night, cause suddently it's already morning.
VirBot: Stormkit has been logged out (Timeout).
* Tvorsk sighs.
KaiAdin: (kits at home and randomly timing out Tvorsk)
KaiAdin: he happend 20mins ago
KaiAdin: it*
KaiAdin: Please continue?
Tvorsk: I notice in the style of "It was always here, but was it always here yesterday" that there's a lot of tram tracks on that square or whatever it was.
Tvorsk: So, one tram goes from behing me and turns, but I want to ride in the other direction.
KaiAdin: ah]\
Tvorsk: Suddenly, someone asks me, "Excuse me, but aren't you waiting for a twelve?"
Tvorsk: "Why, yes..."
VirBot: Stormkit logs into the Chat.
KaiAdin: WB Kit
Tvorsk: Hey Kit!
Stormkit: Hi ^.^;
Tvorsk: Then (s)he, I don't remember the person points further out to the right... and I see a tram there.
KaiAdin: ah the tram you waanted?
Stormkit: and yes, time periods change sporadically in dreams
Tvorsk: Extremely large, but at the same time somewhat old-school. Not 30s old school, but like... you'd combine 30's styling with circa 70s manufacturing abilities.
Stormkit: it's not that you were there all night, but rather that it was suddenly morning
Tvorsk: And yes, it's a line 12... It even shows the same name of end station like the one we have here...
Tvorsk: Also, it's dark green... just as our city's trams were before 1950s...
KaiAdin: oh cools
Tvorsk: So, I run in its direction, jumping over those tracks... and there was a lot of tracks, almost like at a large rail station...
Tvorsk: Two times I hear that something's approacing me from the back and have to jump to the side...
Tvorsk: Oh, and whole the time I see a very old gran'ma also running for it quite a few meters in front of me. {:)
Tvorsk: So, I get into the tram, the back car of it. Feeling dizzy.
Tvorsk: People are actually nice and courteous, someone asks me if I'm all right... I say something about not feeling good.
Tvorsk: I slowly look arouund the insides.
Tvorsk: People are dressed and mannered in the (well, local) 1930s styles, or at least like I "know" 1930s styles from movies and such.
VirBot: Stormkit has been logged out (Timeout).
Tvorsk: Tram itself is definitely oldschool, with manually operated doors, wooden seats, and stuff.
KaiAdin: oh cools
Tvorsk: I decide to stand, just like I prefer in real life.
KaiAdin: (wait.. how is this weird? its sounds like pretty normal dream stuff to me XD)
Tvorsk: It gets weird near the end... we're maybe 1/3rd way.
KaiAdin: ahhh oks!
Tvorsk: So, one of the people inside, a forty-something man in bright suit, fedora, and mustache as it was popular then, gets up, closes the door, then goes to the very end of car and steps on a moving thingamajig extending from the floor to signal the driver. Remember, we're in back car.
* KaiAdin hasnt been on an old tram :P
Tvorsk: Heh, we have a museum here... I visited it last year. The stuff in the dream is somewhat correct in these reagards {:)
KaiAdin: But I think I understand the concept
Tvorsk: Also, during the whole time I "knew" that he was a passenger; not sure why he was performing conductor's (ticker controller's) duty... maybe was volunteering or what...
Tvorsk: Hey, dream logic.
KaiAdin: haha yea
Tvorsk: So, I hear the very recognizable sound of the driver turning the control crank, and off we go.
Tvorsk: And yes, we have a few cars with crank control even today... I know the sound.
KaiAdin: ahhh ok
Tvorsk: (They're ~70s, just made that way for some reason)
Tvorsk: So, off we go!
Tvorsk: I still feel dizzy, so I sit down for a moment.
Tvorsk: Here happens first very weird part.
KaiAdin: ahh
Tvorsk: I notice... somewhere, most probably in the wall, but it could be some kind of wall-mounted box or something...
Tvorsk: Anyway, a few closed horizontal slots/covers... a bit like a mailbox. They all have names and dates on it.
Tvorsk: I have no idea what why and how, but I "know" it's about deaths.
Tvorsk: A woman, ~50s, dressed "rich", fur coat and stuff, notices what I'm looking at and tells me something sad about a relative. I assume related, but I somehow skipped over it in the dream.
Tvorsk: I know she told me something, but not the contents.
KaiAdin: ohh oks
Tvorsk: I look around, and notice a young man of the "you wouldn't like to meet him in the alley" type.
Tvorsk: Here, somehow I make a connection to one of the other names on that... whatever it was.
Tvorsk: He and the "name" were friends, both were working for some gangsters or something...
KaiAdin: ahh
Tvorsk: And I go all like "And so, you thing his death was worth it? How much they're paying you?"
Tvorsk: He's definitely uncomfortable, mutters some amount, and turns away.
Tvorsk: So, we arrive at a stop.
Tvorsk: Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I recognized some of the places during the whole drive, before and after that point; they're really next to line 12's track.
Tvorsk: *ride
KaiAdin: ahh right
KaiAdin: you ride line 12 IRL?
Tvorsk: Only a few times at all.
Tvorsk: Loooong ago last time.
KaiAdin: ahhh ok
Tvorsk: The "conductor" unlocks and opens the door, lets people out... then he gets outside by the rear door.
Tvorsk: The tram very slowly starts.
Tvorsk: He walks, (not runs!) to the _MIDDLE_ door, gets in thru there, closes them all.
Tvorsk: Just a bit of a weirdness.
KaiAdin: ohh
Tvorsk: I can't really describe it, but a lot of things has this "old-school courtesy" feeling.
KaiAdin: ahhh heh
Tvorsk: At next stop, he gets outside... we're nexet to a cinema.
Tvorsk: He knows what's playing right now as he announces the stop, can you imagine?
Tvorsk: Very 30s-ish.
KaiAdin: oh what?
Tvorsk: The thing where a conductor is almost like a, dunno, a good trip pilot... know's what's going around, is happy to talk about it, stuff...
KaiAdin: tour guide?
Tvorsk: Exactly. Sorry, I'm a bit blurry in my thoughts still.
Tvorsk: Aroud that time, a dog chases a cat into inside.
Tvorsk: Another dog, as (again, "were there since beginning, but why I never noticed them earlier?") we had a dog and two cats on the ride, growls at the newcomer, they're starting to fight.
Tvorsk: Someone, not sure who, throws the new dog away, but lets the cat stay.
Tvorsk: And here... here is a sudden switch.
Tvorsk: I dunnow how, dunno why, but I know that things started gouing wrong and I know the cause.
KaiAdin: thats cool
KaiAdin: @ the blurry thoughts
KaiAdin: but yea,
Tvorsk: Well, I seem to very vaguely recall that I had to analyze, investigate maybe, before I learned that, but that part of the dream is either lost, or never was there in the first place.
Tvorsk: So, I'm running to my home, and scream at my mother (who barely knows how to start one and play solitaire) "Who let you mess with my computer?!" {:O
Tvorsk: Things like "You really thought that was a good idea? Where is it?" and so, as I frantically search.
KaiAdin: haha
Tvorsk: Finally I find a _hacked_ _ages-old_ (yeah, I pointed it out while ranting to her) Wordpress installation that was the source of the problem... not that I know what the problem was in the first place.
Tvorsk: (Old as in old version, I meant.)
Tvorsk: Right then I woke up... went "Howlin'..." and ran to the desk.
KaiAdin: hahah! and here we are now!
Tvorsk: I have half page of very chaotic pencil notes; without them I doubt I could recall that much.
Tvorsk: So, I'm pretty sure that the style comes from the city walk and the page, especially as both are 30s-heavy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:54:42 PM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Shifting Sands

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 08:56:27 AM
Alright... woke up this morning and absolutely KNEW I had to contribute, even if my dream is still a little simple compared to others  |:P

It started off in a relatively strange place when compared to my other dreams (most of which I cannot remember)... I was rolling a giant snowball with my head. Anyway, with my obscured vision, I couldn't see the area around me, but I just sort of "knew" in that dream sense that it was in a small little urban area, and it was relatively early in Winter. I believe there were some kids around, building stuff with the snow and such, because if there weren't, my brain really does like to summon stuff from out of nowhere.

All of a sudden, there are multiple people of all ages tossing snow munitions at me, whether they be the really weak and soggy mush type, or the well-packed and ice-topped weapon. Some kid yells and "explains" to me that we're playing snowball (real clever name, right?) and I'm holding the... snowball. So I take the... snowball and keep pushing it forward with my head, taking hits from all the flying snow and ice. I guess I bring to some sort of goal, and I win, which leads to all of the other kids being disappointed... so they don't stop pelting me with snow and such.

Immediately from that, I cut to a stadium of some sort, where there is musical entertainment brought by... that game, DJ Hero. There are four of those turn-table peripherals (I dunno how they work, but there were four), and relatively new players (I say that since they were playing some sort of tutorial...) are using the turn-tables. So they do that, and apparently I have some friends along, and we're yelling and stuff at how much they suck, playing the tutorial and on Easy mode... The people up there yell back and say they're trying their hardest. We yell back saying that they better start being able to try harder...

So the argument goes on like that, until finally my friends and I are allowed to go up and start using the turn-tables... but then they shut down the game and bring out a cover band, named "Umbrella", I think (Get it? Cover band, Umbrella?... This is why I'm not allowed to have dreams). Sooooo, they start playing Our Truth by Lacuna Coil, which gets a lot of my friends excited and cheerful, but I'm still upset at the "directors of the stadium", I suppose, so I go backstage and go yell at them.

That doesn't work out so well, but they are nice enough to give me a choice between two ladders, "That will lead you somewhere," the directors said. I take their kind offer and go up the one to the left, the blue one.

At the top, it turns out the apocalypse is there, and there's a giant monster of some sort, covered in pure black, tearing down buildings and eating people. Luckily enough, the ladder doesn't disappear like I thought it would, so I immediately climb back down and go yell at the directors again.

So they let me try the other ladder, a red one to the right. Hoping this will end slightly better, I climb this one and have a look at the top.

Now, whether this turned out for better or for worse is anyone's guess. At the top, immediately I notice there's something different about me. Apparently I'm some sort of albino anthropomorph (not sure what species), and one of my friends is up there too, also turned into an albino anthropomorph, looking around in surprise and shock. I try to talk to my friend (let's just call him "Bob"), but a pack of evil fruits, mainly watermelons, come after us and want to eat us. Obviously, I grab a crowbar on a fruit stall nearby, narrowly dodging one of the watermelons, and start hacking away at the PURE EVIL fruit, yelling stupid catchphrases and such. Bob mostly stares and watches me murder the fruit.

Once the ground is coated in red mist (from the watermelons, of course), I drop the crowbar and take a short rest. However, Team Rocket cuts my rest short, and my day is utterly ruined... as they carry a hurt Pokemon to the hospital. I'm about to jump up and whack at one of them with the crowbar, but instead, those Officers (Jenny, right?), along with Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu, come in on a helicopter, yelling at Team Rocket to stop. Jessie and James stare up at the helicopter, frozen and speechless, as Pikachu jumps down from a huge height... shattering his legs.

Ash is screaming and crying for the helicopter to reach the ground faster, and I'm just watching and observing by now. Once the aircraft touches down, Ash runs out and picks up Pikachu, tears landing on the yellow friend.

Bob interrupts the heartbreaking moment by dragging me away. We run for my house, and end my dream by eating Cocoa Puffs and Captain Crunch, watching the apocalypse fold out before our eyes.

And this is why I love my dreams.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:02:27 AM by Medik Jackal »

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 12:21:38 AM
I high fived Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. That is all.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 01:38:10 PM
DAMN YOU MINECRAFTHEADS!

So I had a dream, in which apparently EE has been revived... in an RTS-ish style of camera... and we had to first build stairs, and then later some Rube Goldberg style contraptions to make some kind of magic blob fall from that one place on the ceiling, bounce through all this "ducting" we built, and hit something in the other end (I don't know, I was standing near the beginning where it dropped).
And the dream was totally from the in-game character perspective, not the player's (if any).

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 10:55:26 PM
See this is what happens when you think too much about one thing. This is also the main reason I've been avoiding getting suckered in to Minecraft myself...

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 05:52:30 AM
See, the thing is I don't play, nor even LIKE Minecraft, I just hear about it a lot in the chat >.>;

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 08:54:27 AM
Okay, seems I'm on a binge... The day before it was some crazy action-movie style of plot with a bunch of schoolkids, some unspecified mafia, and lots of sneaking in warehouses and chasing on a highway...
but this night's was even more chaotic, tho even despite notes I can recall only scraps.

So, it seemed to switch randomly between three or four places, visiting each many times over the course of the dream.

First "location" was a hybrid of my own small, dusty, wood-walled attic, and some other weeeird places. First of all, it seemed to be located above Hogwart(yeah, I know... for fur's sake, I don't even like H.P... whyyyyy?). Well, by one wall there apparently were three falling apart toilet stalls. (no, not the chemical ones, regular toilets. Like in a school bathroom)... by another there were some curtains, and later we found out a TV talk show studio behind one of them. Also, a key part played some really old granny... I don't remember this part, but first we (or I? not sure if I was alone) tried to hide from her, then she came up there to use one of the toilets and in the meantime dropped a cellphone. When we were searching for it we found out about that studio. There was more to it - I have a leftover impression of discussing stuff with the falconer kid there, but I totally don't remember what.

Another, that I don't remember almost nothing of, was some kind of really lousy training to fight in a company/regiment/something like that, of the sabre-and-flintlock-pistol era, under a very peculiar type of a superior... something half way between Thraxas and Sergeant Jackrum.

Third, was happening on a courtyard of that pseudo-Hogwartish place; of course, that courtyard for reasons unknown looked very similar to the one I spent my first ten years of life playing at >.>... anyway, there was some kind of attackers pouring inside, and of all the "soldiers" or whatever we were only my company (still under that not-officer as above), and another one stayed, rest immediately ran away. From that, I remember "cuts" of the sergeant-or-whoever going drunkily "We'll show them" and aiming a pistol at my knee,  I delicately persuaded him to move it... of that falconer kid, sending his bird on the attackers, with some kind of rope tied to it(no idea)... of a bunch of the actual magicians having some kind of conflict of their own somewhere high, and falling through the window down to the courtyard we were at... accidentally zapping the falcon with some spell that caused him to stop right there, fall very slowly down to ground, and be confused...

And finally, the fourth, that totally doesn't fit anything else, but popped in between the scenes in other locations... me and my brother, going through some kind of hydro system... that is, each time we climb up a ladder from a tunnel to a location looking alike an INCREDIBLY HUGE underground space, with some kind of tall-to-the-roof concrete wall on one side, a narrow walkway next to it. If you looked over the barrier, you saw that huge space expanding into darkness in all other directions. Walkway's lighted up by industrial lamps, there're pipes and devices all along it. So anyway, most of the time we're always arguing about something with brother, go all the way from the ladder we came in to other end of the walkway, I turn some kind of a ring on a pipe using a wrench (may be a valve, may be a screw-on joint), and we go down the ladder on this end to another tunnel and to another place like this, cue scene change to one of another places. Yes, I'm sure they weren't all the same place, each looked different.
Anyway, different things happened - once I turned the wrong thing causing water to spill from around it, but could fix it back and go further. In the last case, I couldn't screw it back in, told brother "Okay, I give up, it's too dangerous, we're going back" (btw, it all the time has this covert/we-shouldn't-be-here feeling), he's like "All the same way back?" implying we'd have to go through all the whatevers we did the turning thing earlier, I nod... and at this very moment I see two men with flashlights approaching from the far end we came from. I'm scared like heck, we try to hide behind some machinery, realizing we're still quite easy to spot if they're just shine light there... oh yeah, and I'm still arguing with brother... anyway, the men approach, by  the Rule Of Hollywood stop to talk right next to us... and I finally woke up.
Oh yeah, 'sides this all in the dream there also were displays of interstellar travel on very SotS-like map. I'm not sure if it implies that each of the water things were on a different planet and we left via the tunnels to a spaceship or something.

I'm confused at least as much as you are.

PS. I'll be grateful for commentary about how to reformat it for readability.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:57:02 AM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 08:01:12 AM
Okay, sorry for spamming this topic... please say if you had enough.

Well, today was really crazy... as in, it was a school trip... to a shootout in the supermarket. As in, we were killing each other in the store alleys, between all the shelves, and so on. With real guns and ammo.
Sounds absurd already, right? So yeah... among the students were folks I knew from all schools I went to, including that one that I always hated. He's well, not retarded, but really dumb... and well, for some reason always liked to annoy me and not only me.
Thing is, that in that dream, he was having a real fun out of killing my friends... up to pulling a movie villain "stick the gun to his head, give a speech, fire" acts. I personally had two pistols... a P99 behaving as usual, and a M1911 with something crazy done to it that made the trigger absurdally sensitive. As in, push it two millimeters or so and it fires.
Anyway, I managed to wound a few people I don't know, but killed no one... and then I stumble over That Guy going to execute one of my friends. So I'm trying to get him first... fail, friend gets a hole in the head, I get shot in leg above the knee, the guy disppears.
I limp back to the entrance, check myself out... "fun" thing: the check list is a standard "class attendance books" as used by all schools here... and the girl in charge was my classmade from elementary school. Also, she's at this point on the phone explaining to someone that "the second group" for some reason has been told wrong, and brought only 17.00 cash each, while entry fee is 18.00... and unload my guns, that I for some reason kept even tho they were issued in first place.
Really crazy thing is that once I took out all the bullets from the magazine, I then shook out quite a handful of 6mm plastic BB pellets from underneath.

That's it... next thing I know was waking up in late afternoon.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:02:47 AM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 12:00:55 AM
The only time I ever had guns in a dream of mine, they didn't work right and only fired nerf shots >.> My grandma couldn't figure out what was wrong with them, but every gun she gave me was the same way..

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 12:31:28 PM
Darnit... forgot to write it down in the morning when I woke up, then forgot completely, now remembered a bit.

Anyway, I was reading ooold SF last night, and I have an impression the first part of the dream involved space travel and stuff. But what I remember is one scene where "we", whoever that would be, are standing in a park that's near my place arguing about something... and a really crazy fantasy/rpg style scene in some kind of underground dungeon/evil lair... complete with a bridge under an abyss, huge wooden stairs forking and zigzagging a lot, and tons of fighting. Interesing tidbits - I'm pretty sure at least a few times I was "reloading from older save" and coming through the scene again in a different way... and the whole deal with one of the guys in our party being a brother or other relative of the Main Evil, and being lured to switch sides or something... was quite scary, but then I got a phonecall and woke up. At 1pm.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 11:03:53 AM
Haven’t had one I could remember in large chunks for several months, but this one… may make up for that…

It started with a war in the jungle, possibly Africa, and the dream's focus was on a group of communists from all over, including one from Finland and ironically very few Africans.  I got the sense that this war was a bit Cold War but also had elements of WWII Yugoslavia for whatever reason.  Anyway they were fighting and relying on this huge bioweapon worm-dragon thing partly made of fire that they would lay down to ambush unsuspecting jeeps and vehicles, only it turned out a concentrated air stike pasted the thing.  So, our determined rebels ordered another of these bio-contructs... from the Klingons. 

Here things start to break down as the weapon drop is suddenly ambushed by the police, and cue dream shift as the police are surrounding a small home where a domestic terrorist is producing homemade explosives.  Except this terrorist is 12 years old.  And has Bullet Time super powers.  The police keep suffering horrendous casualties and now I find myself switching from a 3rd to a 1st person perspective as some random nobody in the back, a nobody who keeps on insisting that someone try and negotiate with her.  After she super speeds and mows down another attempted incursion by a SWAT team, suddenly I find myself the one who tries to approach.  I loudly announce my presence, and try to show that I am completely unarmed, and the girl apparently decides I can be let in.  I find myself entering a house populated by elementary school teachers who are having a sort of baby shower for one of their number.  Oh, and apparently someone decided that in 1 minute of me entering the house I have failed so I find myself and the house the victim of an air strike.

On the scrambling frantic way to the basement I find myself remembering the earlier instance of an airstrike in this dream and comment aloud for no reason Zero Punctuation's appellation for  Mercenaries 2 "Airstrikes 2: Horray for Airstrikes.  Cue another dream shift as I find myself thinking about video games and end up with an argument with someone who insists that the N64 sucked and was totally inferior to the Playstation.  Me, being a person who decided 14 years ago that he hated Sony for no other reason than for dethroning Nintendo in the console market, argue back, leading us to quickly come to the point of blows.  The Sony Fanboy suddenly takes off running, and I end up chasing after through a maze of corridors that are running supposedly through a university campus, a university campus that happens to have a jewelry store and corporate office portion built as part of its hallways.  I end up catching up to my prey in front of the Foreign language department, only by now he is a tiger and I am someone fumbling with a tranq. gun hoping that he'll actually hit his target and not subsequently get eaten. 

The tiger roars a bit and sends students, professors, and random pedestrians screaming as I try and aim the tranquilizer gun, and as I do so the tiger stares at me, almost daring me to shoot it.  Naturally, this is not what happens.  I walk over to the tiger, resolutely poke it in the neck repeatedly and shout "bad tiger!" until it submits (I spend too much time around dogs when I expect a several hundred pound feline to respond as a dog does).  Crisis solved I look around for someone to take the tiger in, and after tying it to an outside lamppost I decide that the veterinary dept. seems the logical place to ask.  I knock on the door and find no response.  I open the door without permission and suddenly find a sent email on screen of someone desperately telling their relative to pay a ransom as they have been kidnapped by Boba Fett.  Cue running upstairs where the dream shifts to the observation deck of a starship, which is observing a space battle between another battleship and a humongous mecha that is attempting to use a double bladed sword, except the other battleship is blocking with forcefields.  Cue someone on MY ship to suggest that the only way to salvage the situation is to ram the mecha.  And then I wake up.

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 11:04:07 AM
Ugh, again chaotic... sorry... either way, what I remember?

It took place in some large school-ish type place.
I don't remember the beginnings or whether I was a student, staffer, or anything else, but what was happening is that I discovered Weird Things Happening, went to some guy that I knew and that was a staffer (something simple like "one step above janitor" mainenance)... he shows me a secred door in the corridor, leading to a room where, in some kind of boxes on the wall, live damn intelligent bugs. I'm not sure, might be cockroaches, might be something else of the style.

So, they tell me that some kid of alien's around that's stealing other people or such... forgot again... either way, I start up an investigation, with the janitor guy staying there and being my contact, and some midget kid (maybe 12 y.o., but smaller than average) with absurd strength assisting me at the search (and complaining, at one point when we pass next to the football (not handegg) court that they never let him kick).

Anyway, we notice a weird-acting guy in a uniform... you know, "the uniform cut", saucer hat, so on. Dark blue, with stripes along the seams... red and orange I think? Can't recall, but I think I saw such somewhere - maybe it was pre-WW2 railway uniform, or something *shrug*...
Okay, so we "know" that's the guy, we start to run to tell the janitor guy (I recall a moment we run through large door to the courtyard, I look back, and see a plaque saying something like "Headquarters of 473th Division", with different number and probably the type of the unit, but in this "style"), he then leads me to some kind of conference room, I piss off some fat guy with beard (the main boss?) and he throws me out...

Either way, we (me, that little guy, and some others, no idea who) are walking down the stairs, then suddenly see that "alien", out of uniform and in some other clothes, and stop on the landing... each of us is holding something, from an axe to (in my case) a bag of milk... (Right, some time before, no idea how, maybe from the cockroaches, we got the impression we should spray that thing with milk...).
Either way, can't do anything as that hallway below is full of other people. He sees us, orders everyone there to crowd in our direction, stands in front of us and says something is style of "You thought you can do anything, ha ha?"... We're cornered, I'm stressed, squeeze the bag more and more until it explodes... he licks milk off his face, says something with the meaning "It's not harmful, I even like it"...

Aaand no idea if anything happened later, but I woke up in a warm bed and feeling quite a bit well-slept than my usual.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 11:46:20 AM
I actually loaded this topic on my PDA the other day and am just caught up.  Definitely enjoying these folks. [:)  I for one have tons of nonsensical stuff too, and tons of non-interesting ones involving things I'd never do, or things I'm not particularly interested in as well.  So such things are nothing to worry about.  As mentioned before, I'll just share my fuzzy-related ones (probably only 5% of them or less).  Such as... [;)

----

Apparently I was with a group of fuzzies, and we were going to some human orphanage to either adopt or release the children there to good homes.  I struck up a conversation with a particularly intelligent and mature four-year-old (who was so mature, he had a scruffy beard) when we got word that the princess was abducted.  (One of the kids at the orphanage was a princess.  Go figure.)

Luckily I had the Compass from Minecraft with me, which pointed to the direction of the missing princess.  So I got in my red golf cart/dune buggy thing, and drove around through some fields to my parents' spacious back yard.  I got out when the compass flipped directions, indicating I went too far, and by walking around and circling some dog pens with some friendly, non-yappy dogs inside, I found that it pointed to a well in the middle of one of them (which conveniently did not have any dogs inside it).

At this point I knew Medik Jackal had gone in ahead of me (hero that he was), and was inside the well saving the princess at this moment.  I thought for a moment that I forgot my sword (MK Virmir's short sword, as seen in various pics), but was relieved to find it at my side.  Also in my pocket was Medik's Five of Diamonds Virmir-Card.

Upon closer inspection, the well was a large plastic PVC pipe (white pipes often used for indoor plumbing) stuck into the concrete over in the corner of the pen. (On the other side of the chainlink fence was a dog happily wagging his tail.)  I shouted something like "Hellooooo down there~!" and was greeted with something to the effect of "Get me out of here!" in the princess' voice.  This was quite a quandary, as the well was about 1 and a half feet in diameter, and completely filled with water.

With no other option, I used Medik's card to grant myself super strength (the card began glowing after use), then ripped the pipe straight out of the ground.  Medik and the princess popped out, along with tons of icky water.  Medik happily retrieved his card, which had fallen to the ground. Luckily all the water avoided it, so it didn't get soggy.

Cut to a video-game-esque, credits rolling sequence of Tails the Fox driving the red dunebuggy thing in third person perspective with Dreamcast-era quality 3D graphics.  (Apparently I was Tails the whole time, and did not notice until seeing myself from the outside.  Oh well.)  Tails unfortunately crashes the dunebuggy while driving up a hill in which the incline is arranged like steps you have to jump over. (And he failed to do so.) He flies out of the contraption, lands on his rear, then looks at the camera and shrugs as it does one of those fade-to-black things where a black circle engulfs the image, closing in on his head.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 11:50:55 AM by Virmir »

[fox] Virmir

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 11:06:36 AM
Well, it has been quite a while since I had a good dream, or one with enough scraps of memories to post, but I suppose this can work?

Anyway, the whole thing had to be Lion King themed (even though I've never seen the movie in its entirety...). It took place in a Savannah-ish kind of place, tan-brown ground and probably grass, a few weirdly shaped trees here and there. I think at some time during the dream I even got to see a map of the whole place, and it looked like a mix of Central America and other random islands.

I'm not sure why, either.

Apparently my whole goal during the dream was an otter of some kind. And, also apparently, I had a crush on her. No idea on this, either, but there were clams in the river nearby, so I piled them up and brought them to her. Afterward she completely ignored me and disappeared.

Everything shifted around, and suddenly there was a huge lion and a rat in some kind of hospital or government building, rushing through the corridors for... giant fights, it seemed. They ran together and pounced animals (the rat didn't do too much), but then a huge iron door SLAMMED down into the ground and separated the two of them. The lion started clawing away at the door, but nothing he did could stop it. Cue emotional mushy stuff.

The last, very vague bit of my dream had to be some kind of lighthouse and windmill. Right next to each other, in the middle of the continent.

Aaaaaaaand that's about it. I want more dreams, dangit!