Author Topic: DoW the 3rd  (Read 133132 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 08:31:46 PM
Blast it Dragyn you gave me a fright thinking you were yet another peep wanting to get on an already crowded wagon.

Turn One

Now then, starting the first age, here's the point cost card

And here are the base geography:
And climate maps

And we have a grand total of 14 victimsplayers, and the dice rolls accordingly; which seemed to find it amusing to mock me from the get go.

Toast - 2
Kenku - 7
Trask - 11
Draykin - 10
Digital Vulpine - 9
Stormkit - 12
FrostedLights - 9
Snow - 8
Fax - 5
Tech - 10
I am the IZOD - 12
PineapplesOfScience - 7
Donnie - 8
Geary - 7

Edit: Remember to post within one week or post on this thread if at all possible that you are skipping your turn, otherwise you forfeit new points in the following round.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:57:19 AM by Radioactive_Toast »

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 08:35:07 PM
Shape Climate and Shape Land(5) - on the top of the center island of F8 there not sits a gigantic orb of Ruby and Sapphire, pattered to be almost split down the middle, splitting east and west. The land near each side fits its element. The land to the side of the Ruby becomes volcanic and hot, magma and ash spewing from the many craters, the land to the side of the Sapphire becomes  very cold, mountinous and snowy.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:09:46 PM by Kenku »

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 08:42:43 PM
A new star forms in the skies of this brave new world. Every year the star grows brighter and brighter. Who knows what it may be or what is causing it. It is bright and brilliant, a pure white orb in the sky with a flourishing twinkle.

Pass This Turn

DigitFiredrake

• Fluffwolf of all trades
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:30 PM
Things were quite, but Fios knew things were to change soon.

CREATE AVATAR(10) Fios was old... at lest relative to time at this point... tho being a immortal sea-lamander time had little to no meaning to him. Fios crawled up out of the water his massive scaled body making land fall in the bay (H5) he roared as he saw the land.

"Such a empty place" he said in his deep ground rumbling voice. "But I have been sent to guide those to come... and I know that the forger of all that is good has plans and I must wait for them to come to form!"

(If you can't tell, Fios is much like a dragon, but with no wings, instead he has fins all over his body and can breath both air and water. As well he has the ability spit a acid. And is ageless)

-----------------------------------------------------------
There are two kind of people in this world those who are wise enough to know they are crazy and those who aren't.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 09:03:33 PM
Shape land: 3 points
The land in B1/B2 is extended south to include C1/2 and D1/2, with an arbitrarily natural looking coastline.

Shape climate: 2 points
A gentle northward current nudges the temperate zone in C1/C2 north by one square.

Points remaining: 4
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:53:14 PM by Digital Vulpine »

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 09:19:42 PM
Did you know sometimes crystals will appear out of thin air in the right conditions of temperature and natural particles in the air? It's called sublimation and that is my scientific bull reason for why there are suddenly crystals everywhere in J13-K14. These crystals seem to conduct magic and different kinds seem to be good for conducting specific elements.

I'm mostly sure that counts as shape land, so that's three points off and I've got 9 left to sit on.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

I am the IZOD

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 09:47:30 PM
The Lord Zod looks upon the land, ambition abounding in his heart.  But the time has not yet come for his plans to be put into motion.

Pass.

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 12:48:34 AM
The oceans were calm, a gentle breeze sweeping over the waves, and all the world was quiet. In the deep, dark waters of the western ocean, something stirs. In mere moments, a colossal force surges through the water, as the ground, deep below the water's surface, launches itself upwards. A cascade of water, pushed aside into dozens of waves that will die out at sea, flows forth from atop this new landmass, as a new island is formed.

Shape Land (3): In the spaces of G1, G2, and H2 now resides a large island.

Shape Climate (2): Due to the manner in which the island was formed, a large amount of earth moving upwards, it has pockets of magma that were caught in the upwards motion, which now warm the island. The red, tropical zone moves to cover the whole island.

EDIT:
Points used: 5
Points remaining: 5

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Snow

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 01:18:03 AM
(Shape Land:3)
Continental plates shift and buckle in the west, driving land and magma up from beneath the sea.
A new continent forms over most of H1, H2, I2, I3. D4,C4,C5,B5.

(Shape Land:3)
Something more than molten rock and metal rose from the depths. A substance we might call floatstone bubbled up... and up, and up into the sky. Many tons of ordinary stone went with it, finding equilibrium in the form of islands that hovered, defying gravity. This material was either extremely buoyant or actually negative in mass; no one was around to say, at first. In any case:
Hovering islands of various size and mostly round-ish shape appear roughly in the area of H2 D4, scattered loosely, mostly over the sea. Elevation varies from around 10m-10km.

(Power: 8->2)

(May need to edit a bit to take into account the previous post.) Edited to not overlap what Draykin added while I was writing this!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:24:27 AM by Snow »

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 12:43:45 PM
The land ground and rumbled, its flat surface buckling over long ages as mighty mountains arose, forcing their craggy claws high into the sky. Their shadows laying far across the otherwise featureless lands of the north. Watching. Waiting.

[Shape Land][3] – create a huge mountain range along the coast from B11-A14

Initial points – 5
Points spent – 3
Remaining points – 2

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 02:42:16 PM
Shape Land (3): Metal-rich meteors rain down on B1, B2, C1, and C2, causing the land to have an abnormally high concentration of metals near the surface.

-------- Tally --------
Starting Points: 7
Points Spent: 3 (3)
End Points: 4
Total Points Spent: 3
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:08:46 AM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

FrostedLights

• Agent Featherfall
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:37 AM
A ring of mountains on A13 and A14 surge even higher, towering above the firmament. Their jagged peaks can be seen from hundreds of miles away. A singular pass leads up, up into the great earthen nest, but treacherous winds whistle through it, night and day. covering the pass with ice and snow, a formidable barrier to entry into the Ascended Vale.

Shape Land
Shape Climate

Pts Remaining: 4

Not Just Another Weathermare

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 01:19:14 PM
Shape land - 3 points.

At F1, an island rises out from beneath the waves, occupying the entire cell, it consists of nice lush forests with a nice little river cutting down almost directly down the middle, It also sports a large tree near the river on the right side of the island, but here's the biggest shocker of all... this island is not made of rock, nope, it is actually made of vinyl, and all the trees and such, are made of fabrics and the like. And at F2, another island is formed, but something happens, and it seems to just steadily rise up above everything around it, this one actually floats in the sky a few thousand feet up! the reason behind it is easy to guess, it is made of vinyl like the other island, and is filled with helium! it may look fragile, but the vinyl shell is quite durable and thick, it also has a fabric forest and the same features as the other island does, it also has a big swimming pool on it, yep.

Shape Climate - 2 points.

At F1 and F2, a sudden heatwave, possibly due to magic, or something, occurs and the area becomes even HOTTER than before, this of course does very little to effect the synthetic flora on these landmasses, aside from warming them up even more so than before.

Remaining points: 5.

Bring on the SILLY SQUEAKINESS! [:P [Also edited too, just so you know!]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:45:36 PM by Trask »

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

Tizocoatl

• Ambystoma Mexicanum
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Axolotl. axe-o-loh-tal say it with me people...
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 07:04:07 PM

LAST MINUTE POST OF ULTIMATE N00BNESS

whew, just finished re-reading the rules

*cracks knuckles*

Shape Land: 3 pts

in the areas of J [8/9] and K [8/9] an island arises, tall cliffs bar any access from the sea, the constant snowfall obscures this pillar of icy rock from the view of any nearby landmass

4 points remain
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:09:38 PM by PineapplesOfScience »

Loop-Dee-Loop-Dee-Loopity-Doop

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 02:11:54 AM
A great cosmic force bides its time as it has an embarrassingly low amount of points to start off with

Skip turn

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️