Author Topic: DoW the 3rd  (Read 134841 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 29, 2013, 03:47:59 AM
*Baps Donnie for not checking the coordinates of other people's previous moves*

Turn 3

Digital Vulpine - (9-4=5) 5+2+12=19 moved
Donnie - (19-19=0) 0+1+3=4 moved
Draykin - (10-10=0) 0+2+10=12 moved
Fax - (10-6=4) 4+2+7=13 moved
FrostedLights - (10-5=5) 5+2+2=9 moved
Geary - (14-10=4) 4+2+6=12 moved
I am the IZOD - (24-24=0) 0+1+2=3 moved
Kenku - (9-3=6) 6+0+2=8 moved
PineapplesOfScience - (7-3=4) 4+2+4=10 moved
Radioactive Toast - (10-10=0) 0+2+5=7
Snow - (11-7=4) 4+2+8=14 moved
Stormkit - (15-10=5) 5+1+5=11 moved
Tech - (9-5=4) 4+2+2=8
Trask - (10-10=0) 0+1+4=5 moved

http://dow.crimsonflagcomic.com/doku.php?id=game3

Base

Alignment

Underground

Climate

Races

*As there is only one race as of yet, the Crondins, I'm not including a key since there's no need to differentiate at this time.

Races
Crondins
(+0)

Orders
Ngarjeck

Corvo
Danyel Yekzon
Fios
Ignis
Khayos
Syrask Kyuro
Zerky
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:20:45 PM by Radioactive_Toast »

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Tizocoatl

• Ambystoma Mexicanum
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Axolotl. axe-o-loh-tal say it with me people...
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 07:27:55 AM

An Ancient creature, sealed away for reasons unknows deep beneath the Frost Island, is alerted. it is time to return to the surface. the world has changed much since he vanished beneath the island ages ago. the aquatic spirit, Tizocoatl, is ready to shape the land to his will.

expend 10 points to create avatar: 0 points remain
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:59:04 PM by Pontos »

Loop-Dee-Loop-Dee-Loopity-Doop

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 09:43:47 AM
Create Avatar: 10 points
A new consciousness emerges in the immaterial plane, driven by emerging senses of order, justice, and fairness among creatures in the world that were just beginning to realize their potential.  These would be nurtured to maturity in time, and the new entity took upon itself the responsibility in guiding them toward the path of civilization. John Locke, the god of Law, began his careful work. 

Command Avatar: shape land: 2 points
His influence first manifests in B1, where a new spring creates a winding river that branches to flow into the bay at B2 on the northern branch, while the southern branch winds through C1 before emptying into the sea at D2.

Shape climate: 2 points
The forest in C2 spreads into C3, creating a swamp region.

Points left: 5

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:42 AM
The Allfather felt a strange sensation in his backside, moments before a large, poofy tail tore out of his makeshift pants. The tail held a mask on its end, one which appeared reptilian in nature. "Truly, so early? It seems I must get to work sooner than anticipated." He began his journey across continents to meet this newborn race, his tail giving off a light glow as the fox's form shifted to match their own.

Command Avatar (Create Order) (2): Corvo founds a sect in the primitive species to worship of his true self as the messenger of Mother Earth with relative ease, especially given the smug superiority some find in the knowledge that they're the first ones to rise up into a civilization. However, he finds that only discrete individuals must be recruited, as Ngarjeck might find the cult to be a perversion of their ways. The Order of the First Tail is founded amongst the Crondins.

-------- Tally --------
Starting Points: 12
Points Spent: 2 (2)
End Points: 10
Total Points Spent: 15 (3 + 10 + 2)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:15:51 PM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Snow

• View Profile
Reply #49 on: June 29, 2013, 10:52:59 AM
(Assuming I have 4+2+8=14 points, not 13, since I ended turns 1&2 with <=5 points.)

(Shape Land: 14->10) Correction: This cost only 3.
Some would say they dug too deep. In the ancient era, the vozards carved far more extensive tunnel networks than early archaeologists realized. A spiky-haired boy from a later civilization would travel from the western lands, battle countless ancient traps and subterranean creatures, and realize the truth:

There was a vast cavern filling most of B6, centered around a crude but massive stone altar containing a sapphire larger than the boy had ever seen. The caverns continued into a southern region filling much of C6 (with entrances on several small surface islands there). They also extended northward into A6 and A5, where they featured frequent lava pools, steam jets, deadly magma-orms and scaled seethers. Later explorers would describe that last area as "somewhat more pleasant than you'd think for being at the bottom of an arctic ocean".

(Hopping on the Avatar Bandwagon: 10->0) Correction: 11->1

It appeared that the sapphire was the greatest treasure of the caverns. The young explorer found countless bodies of vozards and other creatures scattered around it, the remains of a titanic battle. None were alive to tell why they'd fought over this thing, beyond its obvious size and beauty. The boy stepped closer to touch it, wondering how he might take it home and become incredibly rich and famous and, oh yeah, fight off his people's enemies.

The gem shrank and transformed into an indestructible gemstone breastplate perfectly fitting him. The boy's usual reaction to mysterious magic artifacts was to poke at them, so he donned the armor and discovered that he had just become history's first holder of...

THE ZENITH

The Zenith is an artifact powerful enough to be an Avatar. It is only vaguely intelligent and does little on its own. However, if it finds a suitable mortal, it reshapes into a basically invulnerable, gem-like object such as armor or a sword, possibly changing the new owner to suit. The owners don't so much mind the changes, because of the amazing powers that come with them. Once the Zenith picks an heir, it generally stays with them for life. Zenith owners aren't necessarily kings, but always end up being influential. Part of its power is a subtle wish to go higher, to reach into the sky... Typically its powers include amazing leaping and gliding ability along with the power to survive almost any injury if the owner can give dramatic speeches about heroism. It likes that kind of thing.

Notes:
-The Zenith is currently sitting undisturbed in a cave, doing nothing we know of until it is found in the Second Age. The scene described here hasn't happened yet!
-Kenku, if you want me to leave the sapphire alone, let me know and I'll revise how these actions work.
-As noted in turn 2, the steam-vent area in the arctic ocean should have a somewhat warmer climate than shown on the turn 3 map.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:20:49 AM by Snow »

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 12:52:13 PM
A shadowy figure arises from the depths of the vozard caverns into the light. Blinded by the glaring light of the surface the figure wanders the lands aimlessly for an age. The Wanderer has arrived in the lands.

Off the east coast of D11-A14 arise an archipelligo of small rock and grass covered islands ranging out to A-D 15. With a few exceptions all of the islands are too small to sustain any major settlements.

Create Avatar [10]
Shape Land [3]

Initial points – 13
Points spent – 13
Remaining points – 0

I am the IZOD

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 06:26:26 PM
Shape Land (3)

And so it was that at squares G9-11 and H9, the land rose, forming a highland, and springs came forth, forming lakes and rivers flowing North, Northeast, and East, flowing into the seas and the swamp.

3-3=0

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: June 29, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
A Gentle wind blows...

PASS

FrostedLights

• Agent Featherfall
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 10:23:06 PM
In the beginning came The Song, and it was melodious and and it was full, and it was beautiful. In the stillness of morning it resonates off the icy peaks, resounding through the trees below. A field of crystalline orbs arises, welling up from the ground. Their colors are many and varied, like the melody that surrounds them.

Purify City, A13-A14

Shape-Land A13-A14

10-4-3=3

Not Just Another Weathermare

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 10:41:42 PM
Shape climate: (2)

Khayos insists that if Danyel wants to hook up his new land to the already existing continent that it at least be prone to snowing. He can keep all those silly trees, but dammit there will be snow. Also maybe some of those crystals start forming a bit up the island because they have more room to grow.

Corrupt Civ.: (4)

It is well known that reptiles are the bad guys. This always happens. Like every time. It's a universal constant you see. After all, the lands the vozards once inhabited are corrupted now, right? Clearly this is all the proof I need to tell you that the Crondins are eeeevillll....

Total remainder: 5

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 10:45:10 PM
It was with a stern glare that Ignis first gazed upon the world, and within it Ignis saw potential like that of a log about to catch fire. It was its move.

Shape Land - 3
As with any beast, be it sentient or not, Ignis expands its territory, raising rock from the sea floor below to augment its island home.
The island at G1/G2/H2 expands southwards to also fit into H1 and I2, and I3. The southern coast of I2 and I3 is mountainous.

Shape Land - 3
Ignis saw the mainland, and it was then that it knew what it must do. It dug its tail deep into the ground, and melted tunnels that would serve it well.
A large series of caverns opens up underneath the sea, starting at G2 and ending at G5.

Shape Climate - 2
When Ignis grew wearily, it desired a place to rest, and so grew forth life.
On G1, G2, H2, and H1 grows a rain forest.

Points at Turn Start - 12
Points Spent - 8
Points Remaining - 4

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: June 30, 2013, 01:23:31 PM
Danyel Yeckson woke from a short nap and found a good bit of time has passed... but he felt weary. The universal fabric must be in a waning phase. The world hasn't changed much so he believes it is a good time to rest some more.

Turn Passed

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #57 on: June 30, 2013, 03:47:30 PM
Command Avatar: Shape Land - 2 points.

In the sector of F3, Syrask was stretching his plush-like feathery dragon wings going for a little flight to survey the surroundings, he noticed a prime spot to create another island to add to the chain. with some magic and ancient chants of an unknown language, another peculiar island emerges! no different than the other two islands nearby, this one as before, made of vinyl and fabrics. It floats easily and effortlessly, this time however, there is an oasis situated right in the middle of the island, and it is desert-like in appearance, but really, that is just how the fabric looks, complete with trees of similar material as the other islands. "Ah, this looks like a lovely home for my kind! still nice and hot too, I just wish it was a biiit hotter." The toy featherdragon fox was pleased with his work, and swooped down to float in the Oasis' body of water, soaking up the nice sun above.

Shape Climate - 2 points.

The area where this newly made island at F3 emerged, the climate somehow... just intensifies and becomes hotter! was it perhaps this wish of Syrask's? or just random magic? who knows! but this doesn't do much effect to the land below.

1 point remains!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:46:35 PM by Trask »

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

DigitFiredrake

• Fluffwolf of all trades
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: June 30, 2013, 10:24:12 PM
Shape Land - 3 Climate change - 2
A huge mountain forms in I5 it soon becomes snow capped and beyond freezing there, another strange gas pours from the rocks at the peek, a white gas. Also a small island froms in the water at h5 its quite lush but covered in swamp and emits a green gas from its waters!

-----------------------------------------------------------
There are two kind of people in this world those who are wise enough to know they are crazy and those who aren't.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 03:48:43 AM
Command Avatar-2 points
The entity known as Zerky flies over the earth-awkwardly, one might add-rambling about and attempting to stuff sharks into seagulls and the like, contemplating making square pegs triangular so they would fit even worse into round holes.  As he had this thought he ran into the Crondins-literally.  He ran into one while he wasn't paying attention at high speeds.  Fortunately for Zerky he was a divine fragment so was naturally resistant to such blunt force trauma, but the whole affair ended badly for the poor Crondin who now resembled meatloaf.

That said, his fellows were most impressed with this act.  Not only had Zerky demonstrated great power and (seeming) ability, but he had managed to off the most annoying member of the tribe he had stumbled upon.  Promptly celebrations were held and much free food ensued; Zerky found these parties somewhat bland until he taught them how to ferment their grains, then slowly but surely over months all hell broke loose.  The tribe nearly wiped itself out due to getting chronically drunk, but eh, it was one tribe, and Zerky had gotten free food to his heart's content out of the deal.  The other neighbor tribes took care not to befall the fate of their neighbors... but they were still mightily interested in this fermenting process.

With newfound respect, Zerky comes to a sort of an informal divine prophet, a living deity among the tribes, though one that quickly becomes refered to as "Zerky, bringer of drunkenness and disorder," to the point that the word "Zerky" comes to mean drunkard in their tongues.  Still, his advice is still sought, particularily as the Crondin have diverging opinions on succession of titles and inheritance.

Zerky doesn't think very long on the subject, simply stating that if the older siblings are older and came first, their word should be law.  Of course many eldest sons take this advice to heart, but this isn't a universally shared opinion, meeting some resistance.  The proponants pointed out that a divine being gave them this advice.  Opponants pointed out that this divine being had taught them to be drunken slobs. 

Thus, consensus was not achieved, but many of the older brothers said "fine, be that way!" and banded together, forming a new Order, the Elder Rights.  Their job is to be useful, helpful, and productive in their labor given to any tribes, so long as they adopt an "eldest child makes the rules" rule.  Opponents again jeered the whole proposal, mocking them with "Oh yeah?  Or what?"  When Zerky was asked this by a particularily pesky young Crondin, the dragon-thing became irritated until he grabbed the nearest heavy object he could find, a stone tablet, and whacked the annoying lizard upside the head.  This was taken as a sign; soon the Elder Rights Order would attempt to beat younger brothers over the head with stone tablets inscribed with lengthy treatises on why younger brothers should do what they're told.  This later develops into a tradtion for the Elders; beat little brothers up with books upside the head whenever they get uppity.  Unfortunately (in the eyes of oldest brothers everywhere) this norm is not universally adopted by the Crondin, but to everyone else they're too busy getting annoyed and rubbing sore heads.

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️