Author Topic: Zombie Plans.  (Read 21858 times)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
on: October 20, 2009, 11:19:12 AM
Zombies are dangerous, so... zombie plans: if you have one, share it.
I have two:

1. Escape to friend's house. His entire family has experience with hunting and has gun and ammo.

2. Blend in with zombies by making myself insanely dirty while wearing tattered clothes and hoping they're darn stupid enough to fall for it, then survive off of abandoned stores.

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 02:11:26 PM
(#2 wouldn't work, as they would recognize anything that's living as not one of their own. It's not really scent or smell that gives it off, but the same thing that tells you immediately upon looking at a human that they're of the fellow species.)

3. Have the following three weapon types at all times:
*Medium-Long Range: Pistol, Rifle, Assault Rifle, or some form of weapon that can kill zombies at a distance.
*Short-Medium Range: Either a shotgun, chainsaw, or chemical/flamethrower, as you need to be able to dispatch of zombies that aren't quite in melee range.
*Melee: A blunt or pointed weapon in which you can use without causing any loud noises, for sneaking around and conserving ammo

4. Have a plan, don't stay in one area too long, make sure you have safe food and water supplies, and stay away from heavily infested areas no matter what. Anybody inside a heavy infestation will likely have joined the horde by the time you reach them.

5. Don't get bitten. If you're bitten, you die. Do not hesitate to bring down anybody who is reluctant to do it themselves. Never assume you're immune.

6. Don't Panic.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Kiba

• Kiba the Luxmage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Hug me! *clings* <3
    • View Profile
    • This is my FA account
Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 01:27:01 PM
1. Your level twenty Mage Staff won't help you in a zombie infestation.

2. Zombies can't operate vehicles. Use this to your advantage.

3. Grenades are your friend.

I love people. Especially nice people. Especially nice people who give me bellyrubs. <3

Kyte

• Unofficial Official Rater of Things
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
    • My FA page
Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 07:49:22 PM
1. lrn2killzombies
2. ? ? ?
3. profit

I think Crimson Flag is a pretty cool guy. eh can use magic and doesn't afraid of anything...

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 01:03:56 PM
7. Go to the nearest Lowe's and grab your favorite weapons (IE, chainsaw, shovel, chainSTAFF, chemical throwers, etc.)

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Geo Holms

• Raccoon with Hat - Will Travel
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 01:40:06 PM
8. Move to Alaska.

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 03:21:38 AM
9.GRAB MORE GUNZ

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 05:42:26 AM
8. Move to Alaska.
9. (alternate) Ask Doc Nickel for help.
Tho I still prefer
0. GET YER AHSS TO MAHRS! (and leave Earth to zombies.)

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 03:30:37 PM
zombie plans also change depending on the kind of zombie...
fer instance,

Shamblers

with shamblers, never stop moving. don't go anywhere that doesn't have many ways to get out, including up. they're slow and easily outran and maneuvered, but there are more than enough to surround you easily. If you can, get to a rooftop that is close enough to other rooftops to have an alternate, less zombie-filled route. NEVER try to fight them unless you are in a very defendable location, have enough ammunition to kill two armies, and have friends. Escape is your best bet, as the slower zombies will only occupy a certain area before a military force is likely to have set up a killing line, keeping them trapped. If no military force has done this, it is still best to leave as soon as possible.

Runners

runners are a different story, though. they move fast, but there aren't as many. Your only hope to get past them is to "kill" them, which means enough traumatic damage to kill the brain, or get the brain removed from the body. With this kind of zombie you should make sure they have all been "killed" before moving on. Move from one building to the next, preferably with only two exits, both barracadeable. Horde anything useful that you can. find anything that can be used to transport goods more easily, but don't weigh yourself down- find that balance between weaponry, food, water, ammunition, and maneuverability. It is likely that you will need to bunker down many times, so choose where you go wisely. Each kind of building has advantages and disadvantages; stores usually have easily-broken display windows, allowing larger and more entrances for zombies. Homes have lots of easily movable furniture for barricades, but many smaller entrances and might have an unknown zombie or two inside; the family who lived there once.

Mutants, or 'The Infected'

The third, and most deadly kind of zombies are the mutants. they are similar to runners, but usually rather than raised from the dead, they are people who have been inflicted with some sort of virus or odd mutation, making them pseudo-zombies. The reason they are the most dangerous are because of said mutations. while most will probably be essentially the same as runners, it is likely some will be more advanced in the mutation process, and may have inhuman abilities, drastically increased strength, speed, survivability, or a way to make your presence known to other zombies. Treat this form of zombie the same as runners, but especially so- carefully inspect where you are going before you go there. Look for abnormalities and find out what that mutation can do, and anything you can do to stop it.

Groups, General Information, and Advice

for all zombie situations, get into groups. even if you don't like the people in the group, you're stuck with them. know this, as well: the more people there are, the harder it will be for one to betray you all. Even if they run off with all your money and a good portion of the supplies, they'll be weighed down immensely, and they'll be alone. More likely, a betrayal will be a either a group split, halving the number of people in each, or the betrayal of the entire group against a single member. For this reason, become valuable. Know the area, get good at killing zombies (though this is less needed in the case of shamblers), help everyone in the group, and don't abandon anyone if possible. If you let one person go who could have been saved without great risk, your reputation with the remaining members will plummet. Most importantly, never loot the dead body(ies) of the group, unless absolutely necessary. Not only will your reputation for letting them die be shot down, but taking from them afterwards shows you have little respect for those around you and feel they are expendable. This sort of behavior can make you expendable in the eyes of the group. Avoid fighting amongst yourselves, and don't kill anybody off unless they plan to do the same for you or another group member, and make sure everyone knows it before you do so.

More information may be to come, but for now, that is what I have to offer as advice for various situations and group work in general.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:37:31 PM by Fenrs »

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 03:48:43 PM
As a note: Know Your Zombie Facts!

Shamblers: The 'classic' zombie. They are slow due to decaying/decayed flesh and muscle. Never run unless you have to, as most people can outwalk these guys. Their strength is in numbers, so avoid places they can easily ambush you, like alleys and offices. Remember to carry light weapons and something blunt or bladed to kill the zombies with, as you will typically not have to fight many. I honestly suggest a handgun as your gun and either an axe, hammer, or metal bat as your melee.

Runners/Rage: A newer form of zombies. They are not 'dead' so much as taken over by a virus or parasite that either makes them act on primal instincts or, in worst case, develops sentience and travels to Not-Spain where they kidnap the US President's daughter and try to take over the world with their one ship. When fighting these guys, keep moving and look for methods of calling for help. It is also advisable to use silenced weapons, as these types of zombies will run to any form of noise in search of food.

Mutants: Make a chart, know which does what, keep moving, avoid contact, and good luck. You'll need it.

Where to go: Suburban areas are your best bet for waiting out the zombies, as it gives you plenty of areas to loot while still having a manageable population of zed heads.

If you are infected: If there's no cure, and you find yourself infected, there are only two things to do. Either bring down as many as you can, or make sure that their forces don't grow one stronger.

Other: Mosquitoes and ticks suck.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 04:33:14 PM
Infection: if you are caught by a zombie or zombies, and are injured and survive, check yourself for any form of cut, scratch, bite, anything that broke skin or resulted in mixture of blood. If one of these situations has happened, warn whoever you can. watch yourself and make sure that when the group sleeps, you are kept in a locked room. If you do not turn, you are lucky, but never assume you are immune or even resistant to becoming a zombie.

Kiba

• Kiba the Luxmage
  • Hug me! *clings* <3
    • View Profile
    • This is my FA account
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 12:50:49 AM
253 - Barricade said underground safehouse's door with boxes of scorpions. Zombies hate scorpions.

I love people. Especially nice people. Especially nice people who give me bellyrubs. <3

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 08:47:38 AM
253 - Barricade said underground safehouse's door with boxes of scorpions. Zombies hate scorpions.

And make sure the scorpions are on fire

PastaMasta

• ~Epiccoon~
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • This raccoon loves pasta! <3
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinity
Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 04:59:42 AM
...Or we can just avoid zombies. o_o

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 10:30:29 AM
Build a doomsday machine and threaten to blow the entire world up if the zombies attempt an uprising... and promptly forget to announce the existance of said doomsday machine until after the uprising has begun.

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️