Author Topic: Zombie Plans.  (Read 21869 times)

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 05:13:32 PM
     Step 1: Be in the military.

Step 2: Acquire armored vehicle (seriously, why do they NEVER do this in the movies?  Even the soldiers just march right in on foot.)

Step 3: Proceed with pwnage.

Step 4: If all else fails, call in air support.  (again, something they never do.  AH-64>>zombies.)

Follow these simple steps and a zombie outbreak will never get past class 2 or 3.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 05:20:52 PM
     Step 1: Be in the military.

Step 2: Acquire armored vehicle (seriously, why do they NEVER do this in the movies?  Even the soldiers just march right in on foot.)

Step 3: Proceed with pwnage.

Step 4: If all else fails, call in air support.  (again, something they never do.  AH-64>>zombies.)

Follow these simple steps and a zombie outbreak will never get past class 2 or 3.

Have you read World War Z?

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 05:30:37 PM
     I haven't, but I have read the Zombie Survival Guide, which actually doesn't mention armor or air support (that I remember), but that's understandable because it's geared toward civilians, who don't have access to that kind of firepower.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 06:23:44 PM
In World War Z, the USA attempted to have a 'moral victory' in which they set up lines of soldiers, tanks, and artillery in front of an advancing horde, broadcast to every working television in the US. The soldiers were armed with suits that told them everything that was going on at once, which would be helpful in conventional warfare. Sadly, this was far from conventional. The tanks were almost useless, as the blasts from the shells only killed things in a short radius, and sent some zombies flying towards the front lines. The artillery strikes had similar effect, and the first wave was mostly the soldiers shooting crawlers created from the prior mentioned blasts. After the first wave, everybody rejoiced... briefly. The second wave came in, about five times the size of the first, and the horde began pushing the lines back. Halfway through the fight, a small group of zombies broke out of an apartment door, likely left by families who couldn't bring themselves to kill their infected relatives, and swarmed a soldier. The suits kicked in, and the soldier's screams were heard throughout the entire army. This was when soldier panicked. Everything they knew was impractical in this kind of battle, they were trained to shoot the torso, not the head, and the fact that crawlers were hard to tell from the amassing corpses made surprise bites common. The battle ended with the third wave adding to the fourth of the remaining second wave, and about half the US army fleeing on live television, being broadcast to every working TV in the country.

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 06:30:59 PM
     That's why you don't use infantry against zombies.  Zombies do not have antitank weapons.  No infantry, no casualties, no new zombies, no morale failure.  I also note the lack of air support and incendiary weapons.  As mentioned in the Survival Guide, the only drawback to using incendiary weapons (ie napalm) is collateral damage.  Be prepared to cause a LOT of collateral damage.  Of course, this is assuming normal, traditional zombies, not super-mutated high-speed zombies that can punch through tank armor. 
     I love infantry, but they have no business fighting zombies.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 06:32:28 PM
Well, this is the US army we're talking about. And we all know how smart the US is about fighting.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 06:48:16 PM
     Actually the US army is the best in the world, our soldiers are the most trained and best equipped, and our commanding officers are brilliant tacticians (for the most part).  The only problem is the US military is also the most politically correct fighting force in the world.  They fight with both arms behind their backs because they don't want the Media throwing a fit about how mean winning is.  Against an enemy like zombies, however, I would hope that sound strategy would take precedent over political correctness.  Nearly all the stupidity in the armed forces can be credited to a politician or lawyer somewhere.  
     For a perfect example, google Rules of Engagement and see the number of circumstances where a soldier is not allowed to shoot a known enemy.  The soldiers hate it, the officers hate it, the generals hate it, but some politician somewhere felt like bending over backwards for the anti-war crowd (funny how Russia or some other country waging war is just fine with them, but that's a different rant) and shackled our troops with ridiculous rules of engagement.  

End of line rant.

Edit: some idiot in Hollywood made a movie by that name.  Google "Rules of Engagement Afghanistan" instead.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:53:43 PM by Digital Vulpine »

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 07:08:11 PM
We DO have the best army in the world, but sadly our military leaders answer first to our political leaders, which is why the above mistake was made. The politicians wanted a flashy victory to 'boost moral' in the nation, when they should have had marksmen up on the roofs picking off the zombies one by one efficiently and quickly.