Author Topic: Through the Veil of Madness: Dungeons and Dragons Game  (Read 58247 times)

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 03:10:59 PM
"I don't know, but I think I'm gonna puke... possibly at it..."
Ryn steps away, his legs shaking, and nervously wipes his weapon clean. Then he looks around and sighs deeply.
"Sorry, it's just... some of you got hurt so much...", he starts, then sighs again and just stands there.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 10:20:11 PM
"Nothing some simple magic and rest can fix Ryn." Alexander says as he steps over to the orb, and starts to look over it, trying to discern its Magical or Natural properties.

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 07:03:11 PM
The orb is the size of a child's fist and its surface, while constantly moving, resembles the 'skin' of the fel taints. Your spirit companion does not seem to find it threatening, though it most definitely wants to get rid of the thing. The orb is safe to pick up and does not appear to have any overtly magical properties, though you notice that it is impossible to look directly the orb; your eyes always seem to rest on the air directly above, below, or to the side instead.

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 11:18:40 AM
Dexter shakes his head and says, "I think I'll leave the hocus pocus to you guys.  I'll go tell Benden that we found what was killing his chickens, he'll probably want to see that thing."

After searching for Benden, Dexter tells him,
"We found what's been killing your chickens, Benden.  We got most of them but one ran away.  Let me tell you, if those things come back you've got one heck of a problem.  Huge tentacle things, ugly as sin.  The mages might be able to tell more about them, but my money's on demons. These ones didn't seem to take too well to being hit though, a good thwack or two was usually enough to send them back to wherever they came from.  Let me tell you, it was freaky.  When those things hit it hurts like all heck, but they didn't leave a scratch."

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 11:02:26 PM
"Unless one of you guys can discern this better, I think it may be best to take it to the closist mage's guild to dispose of it. Wouldn't want to try to destory it and have something bad happen." Alexander says as he picks up the orb.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 12:13:36 PM
Aroth nods his agreement.

"Who would know best?"

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 12:50:10 PM
((For the record, it is now morning, since Benden was very much fast asleep during the fight))

Benden scratches his head. "A wizard? Well, there's always Johan Wright. He's the guy I brought in when the attacks first started. I know he wasn't much help back then, but maybe if he knew what the cause was he could be of more help to you guys? Johan lives in Werites Arch, about a day's walk south on the Sun Road. Best of luck to you, and thanks again for saving my chickens."

You have a name and a location now. While you are interested in finding out more about the strange creatures, and very eager to get rid of the nauseating orb, you are also not under any sort of rush. With Benden's reward of 100g each, you may be able to resupply in town before heading out.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 02:20:22 PM
Dexter checks the shop for a climbing kit and lantern, getting one of each if available.  He also gets 1s worth of candles.  With those supplies in hand, he should be ready to go.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 10:06:55 PM
Alexander buys a Tent, 4 Sunrods, and 2 Weeks worth of Rations before heading out to join the others.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 04:05:00 AM
Aroth purchases himself a backpack, rations, bedroll, a waterskin, 50 feet of rope, and some chalk.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 01:32:17 PM
(( Dragyn, I seem to recall that Jonas made us all start with the standard pack... and most you bought is listed in it. Just checking. ))

Ryn, late as usual, settles down on stocking up with eleven days' worth of rations, a coil of better rope (50 feet if silken, that is) if available, and a bag of 20 spare pitons, just in case.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #56 on: April 14, 2011, 10:03:46 PM
((Right.  Forgot.  Omit the bedroll and backpack, but I'm still gonna' buy the rest.  Never hurts to have extra rope or foodstuffs, and chalk is ever useful.))

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: April 15, 2011, 08:57:45 AM
((Almost done exams and need to focus. Postponed until Wednesday))

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 11:18:26 AM
The desired materials are found in town and you have successfully restocked. The route to Weritise Arch is direct--just south along the Sun Road. The sky is fortunately clear and there is little traffic to encounter on your way. You have a day's worth of travel ahead and no one but each other for company. As you make your way along the path, what do you do?

((for the record, you are all already making the journey and it's been about 2-3 hours. Also, I need to know which one of you is holding the sickly orb))

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011, 04:32:36 PM
(I will hold the orb, since I was when we left the farm, and it an abomination of nature that needs to be dealt with)

Alexander slowly journeys along with a smile on his face. Wilderness has always been a liking of him, and while on the road between him it gave him a bit of calm.