Author Topic: Oblivion Mods  (Read 9807 times)

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
on: June 21, 2010, 09:41:38 AM
So it turns out that a fair number of fuzzies play Oblivion, and that means we all must have some mods that we use. I figured this could be a thread where we post links to some of our favourite mods so we can share with the rest of CF.

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Pontos

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:35 PM
What i use:

Oblivion Script Optimization - Makes a lot of improvements on the scripts used along the game, making them be more efficient. Must have.

Unofficial patches (Vanilla game, Shivering Islands, DLCs) - Fixes a lot of what Bethesda didn't bother to fix. Extremely recommended.

DarNified UI - Changes the UI to look like one made for a PC game. Get it. NOW.

Natural Environments - Adds dynamic weather, ambient sounds, insects and other stuff that make the world feel a lot better. Get the OBMM script as well.

Better Cities - The mod that makes Bethesda's city designer hide in shame. Just look at Skingrad and the Market District of the Imperial City and you will know why.

Illumination Within Revived - Makes the windows of the cities light up at evening and off at dawn. Good for realism.

Unique Landscapes - Several city exteriors and other landscapes replaced with a much better version, same way as Better Cities does with the cities.

Mart's Monster Mod - Adds a crap load of new monsters, tame wild animals (Foxes and bunnies!), a new crafting system with new ingredients dropped from the monsters, etc.

Alternative Start by Ship - Start the game in Either the Imperial City or Anvil docks and skip the whole prison dungeon prologue.

Reneer's Guard Overhaul - Changes the way Guard react to your crimes, making it much better.
It seems that if you use this one, you should not use the Weather part of Natural Environments. They are incompatible for some bizarre reason.

Jounks Polearms - Adds polearms to the game.

Dwemer Technology Part II: Dwemer Skyship - Adds an Airship! You can only use it as a portable house though. No flying unless you use a mod, which isn't very stable yet.

Furblivion: I made this XD. Replaces the human races (and dark elves) with cat and fox races :P

Huge quest and new lands mods, like Elsweyr (Kittie's land!), The Lost Spire.

Now, regarding Mart's Monster Mod, there are other two big know mods like Francesco's Leveled Items and Creatures and Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul which can not normally coexist.
For them to coexist you need FCOM, which makes the necessary changes to them so they can all run together relatively fine (Follow the instructions, else all will go to hell).

Given that i had some problems making it to work on my game, i decided on using only one of them, Mart's being the lucky winner.
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul should be your choice if you want to have a really big change in Gameplay. Check the wiki if you want to know what it changes.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:25:24 AM
As Pontos mentioned all world mods I use and way more, I have only two cents to throw in:

UOP Supplemental provides some more fixes on top of the original Unofficial Oblivion Patch, which's development stopped on 3.2.0. Install the main UOP, the overwrite files with newer versions from this package.

Dark UI series - I, personally, quite dislike the bright backgrounds of standard menus and journal. The Dark UI series of mods sort-of swaps them, so you have yellowish-gold text on dark red backgrounds. I use:
DarkUI'd DarN, combination of the DarkUI colors and DarNified UI features.
TrollF's alternative loading screens, DarkUI version - Basic game, Shivering Isles, Addons. You don't need the "DarN compatibility file" if you're using the DarkUI'd DarN OMOD installer above.
DarkUI Supplemental Pack which replaces most of the icons, and the main menu map animation with matching color versions.
Just make sure to select the appropriate settings related to loading screens and main menu text color in the OMOD install wizard.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:36:51 AM
Cyrodil Upgrade Overhaul: (main file)http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/download-area/files?folder=oblivion%2FCURP+1.4.8+Single+File+Version (patchfile) http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/download-area/files?folder=oblivion%2FCURP+Update+Patches+%281.4.9+and+higher%29
This is a modder resource that's required for the other mods in this post.

Origin of the Mages Guild: http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/download-area/download?path=oblivion%2FOriginoftheMagesGuild.7z
Revamps the arcane university and adds new quests to restore/upgrade the AU once you become archmage. Some features are available before becoming archmage, some are only available after. The idea behind the mod is to make the Mages Guild become the way it is described in the Origin of the Mages Guild in-game book. It features a number of journal quests and undocumented ones, though it also proclaims to include red herrings as well.

Kvatch Rising: http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/download-area/download?path=oblivion%2FKvatchRising.7z
As you progress in the main quest, this mod will restore Kvatch to various stages and when you finish the main quest then Kvatch will be fully restored as a true city. Features Thieves Guild, Dark brotherhood, and Mages Guild branches as well as other side quests. Interacts with Origin of the Mages Guild too. WARNING: The site also has a mod called "Kvatch Aftermath", THIS IS THE WRONG MOD.

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

AlexShrub

• Neutral-Good Congressman
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Only 23 people have died, and many desrved it.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 09:26:13 AM
I have quite a few.

Farview - To increase the viewing distance. Makes the view from Dive Rock incredible.

Ultimate 3rd person camera - Replaces the first-person view to make it more 3rd person shooter-y, but if you want to actually see your player while still being tactically sound this mod is Awesome.

Alyx Vance's Clothes -Cause I'm a HL dork...And Alyx is awesome.

5 Variations of Playable Fox-Races - These are pretty cool and have differing stats and racial powers. At least 2 of these have textures that don't look right with Robert's mods below, so sacrifice either the foxes or the awesome leopards.

Robert's Male Body, Female Body - Clothed versions danke very much, thankfully it is clothed by default. anyway this is just for what's below

Snow Leopard Race - kinda speaks for itself, check out the pictures and ignore the naughty bits, needs Robert's replacers but are clothed if ya don't make it not that way.

New Moons - These are just Awesome. Really beautiful moons.

The Scarlet Monastery from WoW - I love WoW, and if you love the little hypocrites on a crusade against all undead as well as you love stealin and wearin their armor then this mod is for you. All of Yo-(Well, I doubt you guys play WoW, so) My favorite drops are in here.

There are many more, including some Were-wolf and Vampire-that-turn-into-a-wolf mods out there, but these are my favorites.

And if you fear you have to chose between foxes and fluffy kitties to play as Fear Not! Simply disable Robert's body replacers for the foxes and enable for the kitties!

Huzzah!

Now crime only goes up if you don't turn the graph upside-down. Turn it upside-down, and it has halved. Halved! Under me, Alex Shrub.

Vote Shrub! You'll get richer, and won't feel guilty about it!