Author Topic: I'm making a game, Otherworld!  (Read 6175 times)

Anonymous-77

• Amateur Programmer, artist, writer.
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Marshmallow, I think?
    • View Profile
on: September 21, 2022, 12:45:53 AM
Using the Godot engine, I plan on creating a game starring THE Virmir. (oh, also Mara too.)

Otherworld follows the hedgewitch Mara and mage Virmir as they find themselves transported to another world. Thanks to a mishap involving Mara’s constant attempts to one-up Virmir and an arcane device, unfamiliarity and a shifting of their relative power forces them to engage in a truce. Through it, they must face Nyisd’s inhabitants, the Shroud, and all matters of extra-universal beings to get back home.

Devlogs begin soon! (edited 12:31 AM cst, 11/23/23)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 12:32:04 AM by Anonymous-77 »

Anonymous-77

• Crimson Flag Fan
  • Marshmallow, I think?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 12:28:32 AM
Development has started!
Over the last few months, I've been learning the Unity engine and all it has to offer.
Only for them to decide that I'd be indebted to Unity for the rest of time if I ever released it.

As such, I am far more strongly in the godot camp than before; and I've learned some of what the engine has to offer.
So, what does development look like?

...Oh. Yeah, that checks out.

For now though, I want to know; what would everyone like to see in Otherworld?
https://forms.gle/JSvdWHbaKgsmHVAt6

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 07:21:34 PM
Make it a white filled square and you've got Adventure!

[fox] Virmir

Anonymous-77

• Crimson Flag Fan
  • Marshmallow, I think?
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 11:53:44 AM
Devlog 1 // the Movement engine

Hello again!

I'm back with an update on the movement system and some placeholder graphics I now have in place.

I got the graphical assets from the "Pixel Adventure" pack, and I'm using them for a short while before I make my own. Currently, my focus is on the gameplay and creating movement that works.

This script handles all of my movement. For now, it is sliiiightly more than a white filled square.
One of the issues I'm having now is making the player, uh, face left when stopping for once.

Might not be all that much, but for now that's all I've got for you guys! I'll be working on it a little more from here on out!
Farewell for now!