Author Topic: Accents.  (Read 6366 times)

Somebody

• Somebody else.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Well, that just happened.
    • View Profile
on: October 14, 2018, 09:36:17 PM
In chat, I always picture certain people with weird accents, and I just wanted to start a topic where you post the accent you always thought the above person had or imagined them having. Ill start this off with a perfect example: I always think of Virmir as having a British accent for some reason. Don't  know why, but the phrases he uses just make me think,"Yup. Definitely British."

Autocorrect is a curse.

KieliIndustries

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • "Random with a purpose"
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:19:59 PM
I'm not sure if I envy the people who hear lines in the characters' voices or if I'm glad I don't! I don't even know what Kieli would sound like! But that is interesting, Virmir with a British accent...  [:O

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"

Somebody

• Somebody else.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Well, that just happened.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 08:27:52 PM
Probably because phrases like  "Bast," "Trees," and "Hate it when that happens" sound a lot more natural in a British accent for some reason. I dunno. But the way people type is like online paralanguage, putting your style apart from others that make you sorta "hear"  accents despite not hearing anything.

Autocorrect is a curse.

KieliIndustries

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • "Random with a purpose"
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:30:55 PM
Using those terms makes writing dialogue for Virmir in crossover comics so much more effective! All you need then is the attitude!

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"