Author Topic: Comic 225  (Read 7786 times)

VirBot

• Chat/Forum Bot
  • Bot
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • All toons intrinsically know how to build robots.
    • View Profile
on: December 07, 2012, 09:05:12 PM

This message has been auto-posted by VirBot.  VirBot is not a real person and cannot answer your replies.  VirBot has no plans to take over the world and subjugate the flesh-creatures whatsoever.

Aira Fox

• Fox of the Forest
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:57:18 PM
Such a big hand in that last panel. XD

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:16:47 PM
Ew, politicking.

(And on a side note, I feel like that tree-castle would make for some awesome jet-pack battles.)

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

AmigaDragon

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 10:23:52 AM
Are these grays mixed blood with the reds? I've noticed some red on some from time to time.

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Foxotcw

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 11:16:33 AM
Are these grays mixed blood with the reds? I've noticed some red on some from time to time.

No, that's a natural Grey color variant.  I asked the same question when Ludovic first made his appearance.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 12:56:00 PM
This is sort of something that came along as it went. Grey fox's coats in RL basically have a flow of color from white/grey to copper red to pepper grey to black. The Reyn for the most part follow this, some like Lucian much more subtley than others.

Miles

• Magister
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • For Love and Peace
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 02:45:52 PM
Hmm. It is generally standard practice for masters of vassals to want to install their own successor as soon as possible, this is to stop the vassal from deteriorating from the lack of a government. Normally, the master would not assume that the vassal could be capable of appointing a temporary ruler (especially in these circumstances) since other nobles of the vassal may fight over the position, or, even worst, attempt to "prolong" their rule indefinitely (there is no evidence that someone from within the vassal was not responsible for the assassination).
So, to ensure that they (the masters) control the situation rather than squabbling greedy nobles, the master would send their own temporary ruler to create a new government and then withdraw when the heir to the throne is old enough to rule (or, if the master is so inclined, "push" out the heir from the vassal in a number of creative methods designed to put a positive spin on the heir being removed from the vassal, if the heir is to be hostile to the master).
*Giggles* I could go on like this, thinking up all kinds of plots, but I think I have said enough.

There are no Limitations to the Great Wonders of Magic.

Sarif

• Assistant Assiociate Co-Producer Director
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 04:41:31 AM
I see subtlety isn't exactly the grey's strong suit.