Author Topic: FenTech Science  (Read 34502 times)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
on: November 16, 2009, 09:18:12 PM
FenTech Science is here to make your day better.

That's what it seems, anyway. Who knows what that crazy company is up to? I'm not sure myself. perhaps you'll be able to figure it out eventually, or maybe even guess what happens before it does. This topic is the current home of the FenTech Science Universe, the stories of which are told in parts. Life is a grand stage, and all these people have their own scene. Time works differently here. Just because one story came here first doesn't mean it is the earliest story, and the next one may suddenly make many things make sense- but how many questions will it bring up itself? This is a place not of adventure, but of strangity, of stories linked by a name, and of thoughts and choices. It takes place in an unspecified city, on an unspecified year-or maybe years, but a time with many similarities to our own. Welcome, friends, the universe of FenTech Science.

As I said, this is a story universe. What, though, does that mean? It means not all the stories need to be mine. You may write some of your own, as many as you wish, so long as they follow the rules. For every universe must have rules. Unfortunately, the timeline I rather... limited. Especially now. The best way to get a story into the universe canon is to talk to me about it. I'll help you out with details, see if what happens in your story matches up with events of the universe, make sure we don't get any paradoxes, and, of course, be someone to bounce ideas back and forth with, without letting readers know what might happen ahead of time. Plus it keeps things from getting confusing and contradictory when they aren't supposed to be.

Why not just have the rules here? That may be a question. You see, the universe is going to be rather complex, especially with all the blank spots of questions I will be attempting to create. I couldn't list the rules because they are rather conditional. The best way to handle it, for now anyway, is simply to present the idea, where I'll be able to show you what places it would fit. The rules of the universe aren't binding chains, but it would be best to remember that Virmir's rules do apply over my own- this is his site, after all.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 04:41:27 PM by Fenrs »

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

D. Ein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 06:26:48 AM
For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

Ernest Hemingway

!!!! , ...

Subject No. III VI +

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 03:35:09 PM
It begins with a Journal entry.
But where will it end?

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:02:51 PM

Friday 9:59
OH SNAP! FenTech is coming to devour my soul!

Yeah, nothing too much new around here. First it was Microsoft with the computer, then it was Apple with the ipod, now it's FenTech with their fancy little orb thing. JEEZ! Why can't companies just make me something less soul-devouring and more self-actualizing, like the ability to remember my name! All I can remember is my ISP number, Cell-phone number, and FenOrb Account number.

/end review

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 09:06:39 PM
haha *if they are any bit as ruthless as people say companies can be, I;d bet they'd only want you to Remember the FenTech Account number ];) *

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 10:13:07 PM
-12/22/2012

I despise this FenOrb product! Just yesterday it destroyed the Earth! Why in the world did you give it giant space lasers and orbital strikes!? And what could have possessed you to give it the ability to create earthquakes at will!? Thanks to FenOrb, I'm one of the last surviving lifeforms from Earth, I'll never see my family ever again, and I don't have enough supplies to last me a week! I demand a full refund!

3/5
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:15:28 PM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 10:52:42 PM
interesting!
I hope you guys have as much fun speculating about these stories as I had writing them, if not more...
I've gotta say, Geary's comment kept me laughing the whole way, so much silliness spawned from a chat idea ascended to Story status.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 12:02:16 PM
I was thinking Fenrs.. Maybe it would be better if you Put the new story in a new reply to this forums thread? Or at least announce it in a reply?

*needs to get on to reading the 2nd story* ]:P

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 07:47:09 PM
(#2)Wooooooow talk about symbolism. You use nearly as much as I do.  Let's get cracking.

The story could symbolize this whole transformation writing genre as a whole. For all the negativity it gets, you defend its right to provide its readers with happiness. Theeeeen the Fentech building could symbolize this forum...and that would be wicked sweet.

Hoooold on, here.

I had better start with the idea that you say everyone has a right to happiness. You address many of the old arguments laid against the transformation genre (I would highly recommend your story to any new reader of the genre) but you fail to discuss one argument.

The Drug Argument. Sure, drugs make people happy, but it's not what's best for them, so we must act against them. Once you fill up this whole in your debate, it will be complete.

Another warning: While I absolutely adore your story, others might think of it as a bit...dull. It reads much more like a manifesto for transformation writers than a story. Some people like reading manifestos. Some people do not. I have no clue how you could arrange this story's ideas in a way that is NOT a pure debate as "Fen vs. Others." Good luck on that.

In short...dang I look forward to reading more of this world. Keep writing. ]:)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 08:14:15 PM
A lot of it is indeed the goings on of Fen vs. Other, but it is more than that... I would explain that sentence, but I don't want to say anything about the future stories just yet.

Hmm. That is a good point you make about the debate as well, Lopez. While it does not apply to Formula 280, it should probably be addressed anyway.

As for symbolism, that wasn't my intention- in reality I wanted a story in which logic is used to provide a way for the Formula to go public, which I found worked fairly well.

For some finding it a bit dull.... nothing much really is happening, save for an exchange of questions, answers, and finding out if FenTech can manage to legally sell the product. It wasn't supposed to be actiony or amazing, but rather a story told at the beginning, from inside the company. With all these stories, though, I try to get people to think and speculate about the differences between them, the details.

I'm very glad you liked it and thank you once again for the review!

Question, though: Something is missing from these stories. Not in that they are incomplete, though. Can you figure out what it is?

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 07:17:21 PM
Along with today's change of the first post to something a little better in my opinion, There is also a story, another inside look at FenTech. It is attached to this post, and each time a new story comes up, I'll say something about it and attach it to the post.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 05:51:04 PM
OH.
MAH.
GOURD.
what haz I done?

(please keep in mind this is a rough draft of the story. I'm too lazy to edit it, so for now it sees the light of day without going through the Fenrs editation process.)

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 08:25:27 PM
OH SNAP! HAX! >.<

Again, really liked this story. You delve pretty far down, but always make sure the water is clear enough to follow....I don't know where that analogy came from.

The story basically tells the story of a hacker named Ezekiel who hacks into a device and the device strikes back at him and he feels sorry about it and asks for forgiveness but must work SEVEN MORE YEARS until he can he can finally get the GOOD daughter Rache....I think I'm mixing up stories here.

It brings up an interesting point. Is hacking wrong? Obviously, we can see from Ezekiel that hacking makes dangerous consequences that we don't always expect, even when we try to limit ourselves. So, after he learns his lesson, he goes to fess up, and finds Doctor Ordeliu.

I have to recommend, write a bit more of this story. Doctor Ordeliu could make for a very interesting character.

I might be reading too much into this, but I can imagine Doctor Ordeliu being a hacker as well, and this was like the reason he came to this company. I mean, flip his name around, and you get, "Doctor (in) Liu (of) orde(rs)."

Hacking is evil, and wrong, and yet the world is built on people who do it, it seems...

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 08:41:25 PM
I might be reading too much into this, but I can imagine Doctor Ordeliu being a hacker as well, and this was like the reason he came to this company. I mean, flip his name around, and you get, "Doctor (in) Liu (of) orde(rs)."

Teehee, how long did it take you to mess around with his name enough to get that?

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 09:28:30 PM
hahaha!
very interesting...
I'm not going to say anything much of Dr. O, but the name came to me out of nowhere (as did Ezekiel's) maybe the cosmic forces of writer-type-stuff saw this coming and want to play games with me. I will say this though, Dr. O is coming back.