Author Topic: Earth Eternal  (Read 59291 times)

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #45 on: October 25, 2009, 01:17:28 AM
Apparently Ive been appointed to take charge or organizing times/this topic from now on, to Lighten the Load on Lord Fluffy.  Anyway we've been going on at the same time (sorta) for the last 3 sessions now... and it seems to be working out allright.

Does anyone want it moved to Fridays? if not the Proposed meet up is as follows:

Saturday, October 31st, 5PM- 7PM US Central Time, (6-8pm Eastern)
Location: Earthend, In front of Merlin (an Owl with a blue/red hooded robe thingy)
Shard: Earthrise 2, and once we take the well inside the City/Castle, Earthend 2
Mission: The Assault: Reclaiming Earthend
Level 10/11

Getting to the Mission
We all finished up in Highpoint, and should have completed the all the missions there. From the Slay Anubians quest, you should currently be on a mission to talk to Commander Garren Greypaw. Finish that mission, and take the mission to see Merlin on the western side of the island. (If you are coming from highpoint, you  should turn right), Finish that mission and then take the Mission we shall do together The Assault: Reclaiming Earthend from Merlin.

Other Pre-Mission Preparation: Reagents and Loot
On the eastern side of the island (ie turning left if you are facing south), there are some shops and an Armour refashioner, be sure to have all extra Armour sold and reagents stocked up, as Its a semi long walk back to the towns + You will get a bit of loot from this mission. (Edit: wait, that was me soloing... so we'll each get less loot.)

Rallying the Troops: Parties
Once we've all gathered at the well, I think going in to parties based on Level would be the best way to ensure fair distribution of EXP so Level 10s go together, and Level 11s go together. Since we're gonna be in a confined space, People wandering off wont be such a problem. the place is Built like a maze, so the only way to go is forward.

Doing The Mission
Once we get the Mission from Merlin, we'll all proceed to the well. This will take us inside Eathend, as I said before its like a maze, we just start from the beginning and go through slaying enemies, since we'll be in different parties, we Might need to wait a bit so that the commanders can respawn. Once we Kill the final General, we just reverse and go back along the maze untill we get back to the Well again, exit and talk to Merlin.

Donations to Make a Clan
1/2 the reason we all get lost and separated from each other on missions stems from the fact we're in different parties and the /say command has a limited range. Virmir has appointed me to collect the donations from any of you who wish to contribute to making a Clan. We'll need 10g (gold) to make a clan, and currently we have 6.35/10G (5 gold, 65 Silver)

Clan Benefactors (those that have already passed on the donation to KaiAdin)
  • DessertFox: 1g 70s
  • KaiAdin: 2g
  • LoCk: 35s
  • Pontos: 1g
  • Tvorsk: 1g
  • Virmir: 30s
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:56:44 PM by KaiAdin »

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Kiba

• Kiba the Luxmage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Hug me! *clings* <3
    • View Profile
    • This is my FA account
Reply #46 on: October 25, 2009, 09:01:05 AM
.....I was totally left out last night. T-T

I love people. Especially nice people. Especially nice people who give me bellyrubs. <3

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 09:10:00 AM
Don't worry Kiba...because we don't go too far ahead, it's pretty easy to catch up if you miss a week. ]:)

*Pokes Kai*

Bear in mind, Kai, I think the well is an INSTANCED AREA (Or so I think.) That means once we form our parties and head down we won't be able to see each other. Therefore, it's a bit more crucial to form parties of equal size, then meet each other upon leaving the quest as we set off for Angolorum. (If I'm wrong and it's not instanced, we'll be fine.)

Also, once we get to Angolorum, it might be to our advantage to simply split our two parties off. This way, the party members can decide which quests to do (since there are a very interesting variety of them,) and we won't be struggling too much to keep like a pack of swarming bees, determining who has what quest where.

Also, All of the missions in Earthrise can be done solo. Angolorum, not so much, (as I have learned with my other character, painfully.) Therefore, those missions should be a bit more interesting.

I dunno, thoughts?

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 10:15:40 AM
*Pokes Kai*

Bear in mind, Kai, I think the well is an INSTANCED AREA (Or so I think.) That means once we form our parties and head down we won't be able to see each other. Therefore, it's a bit more crucial to form parties of equal size, then meet each other upon leaving the quest as we set off for Angolorum. (If I'm wrong and it's not instanced, we'll be fine.)

Hmmm I recall there being one of those resurrection platform thingys with those aknk thins (ie the: Sanctuaries) and the Actual place having a Shard name... I wonder if we can change shards and such like a normal region... I should investigate this later.

If it turns out to be an instanced area, we might have to use your suggestions, But since this Assault missions can be done solo... splitting by levels might still be the way to go, as I suspect there'll be more level 10s anyway, and the 11's can take care of themselves in their own group.

But we'll see... ]:P

Also, once we get to Angolorum, it might be to our advantage to simply split our two parties off. This way, the party members can decide which quests to do (since there are a very interesting variety of them,) and we won't be struggling too much to keep like a pack of swarming bees, determining who has what quest where.

In regards to Angolorum, the missions (well the ones Ive done with Pontos) are actually quite Linear.. our Chars, Kayla and Ethan are on the mission 'Go to Camelot' or something like that. As in... once you come back from one 'set' of missions, the next set generally also happen in the same area, just like in Earthrise. A Set of missions being the 'Plot' forwarding mission + associated Side quests that happen to be around in the same area.

Hmmm I think I should start recording the proper names of the quests from now on when playing with Kayla because due to the linear nature... it would be better to do them in 'order',  From that town near the Henge we first get dropped of at, the missions take us east to Camelot.

As you said, the missions start becoming 2 player recommended party quests... Usually because the 'boss' enemy is 1-2 levels above the players characters levels, (most of the time in Earthrise we were equal to/above the Boss chars level) (also I'm just saying this for the benefit for the less MMO versed people')

Which bring me back to your point... sidequests, I think we should do them... especially since they add nice amounts of EXP + the opportunity to get good Items.

What do you guys say on side quests? I know some are less able to 'catch up' outside of the prescribed  EE hours *Looks at Lord Virmir Loftily sitting on his throne at the end of the war room ];)*, thus it might be better if we did them as part of the meetups. They are usually easy collecting quests, thus Many paws would make light work!

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 12:00:17 PM

True, that's probably the case.  No big deal, as we'll just split into two, do this one mission, then pick back up afterwards.  This will probably be a good thing because we'll get double loot. [;)

This is a GOOD idea because smaller groups are a lot easier to manage and corral to play together than huge mobs.

This is a BAD idea because the whole point of what we're doing is to all play together as a huge mob. [;)

I was talking to Kai last night about just splitting us in two and having one group do their own thing and the other group do another (maybe with different meeting times, even).  But he convinced me to give the the mob thing more time, so we can adjust to all playing together.  One we get a clan chat I suppose it would be much easier to keep things together.

It might be interesting to set a goal, then have the two groups go off and do their own things for a while, then come back and meet up after that goal is complete.  Dunno... we'll see how it goes.

What do you guys say on side quests? I know some are less able to 'catch up' outside of the prescribed  EE hours *Looks at Lord Virmir Loftily sitting on his throne at the end of the war room ];)*, thus it might be better if we did them as part of the meetups. They are usually easy collecting quests, thus Many paws would make light work!

I don't see any reason to skip sidequests.  I really have no intention of playing the game outside of the meetup times.  Can only handle so much of this MMO madness per week. [;)

.....I was totally left out last night. T-T

Not a problem, Kiba.  As Lopez mentioned, just catch up according to what Kai posted above and join us next week. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 25, 2009, 08:05:35 PM
Skip to bottom for my suggestion. Here is the reasoning:
I'm fairly sure that the caste is very much like the lighthouse, which I know Kai and pontos have duel partied on before. Which is to say, it will be split up into ten shards like the rest of the region, just limited to the smaller region. As a bonus, we'll probably all be able to switch to region chat for the duration of this quest so no one gets lost. However, from personal experience, I've found that when you have too many people doing the same thing (especially since there's only three captains in there scattered throughout and it's hard to tell where they are) things can get confusing fast. It may be best for each party to take a different shard if we don't automatically get split up by the regioning. I remember from when I did this quest in the closed Beta I kept looking for the three captains I needed to kill and eventually noticed I'd already killed two of them. Plus I think you need to kill 30 regular anubians and when you've got more than one party competing for this, you start stealing kills from each other.

Therefore I think that even if the region doesn't separate us by itself, we should switch to different shards for this quest so we don't get in each other's way.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 25, 2009, 08:28:54 PM
As I remeber from doing the quest with Kizmar, the only requirement of the first objective is to kill the captains. Sure your probably going to take out everyone else on the way there but the objectives are basically "Take out the higher ups".

The deviding of shards explained how my party got seperated at the lighthouse. However I do not think there is party seperation in the seige. When I did the seige, I did it as a two person party with a fellow mage, and we didn't have to do any shard switching. In the end, we shall see I think, and either way this does bring up the need to probably be in seperate parties on different shards, so that one party is not stealing the big baddie from the other.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:31:07 PM by Kenku »

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 12:34:48 PM
Hmm! This weeks session went well! everyone should be in Angloroum, in the first town, just north of the stonehenge.

Things to do the the sessions coming up:
Right when you come in thery'll be a few quests to do. From the top of my memory:

Two Quests from the guards men (one to kill a monster and get a sword 2p, one to fetch some meterials for bow making 1p) Those two are good to do at the same time, as they are around the same area.

Two/More quests from the Druids near that big tree in the centre of town, the Thornbringer quests, they are also in the same  area, and thus would be good to do at the same time. Also they are awesome Group Raid! as one is a 'Find the thing quest, while visiting the Thorn bringer camps), and a Kill 15 thornbringers quest, but with three camps... its a TARGET rich environment! Some of those thornbringers are level 13, so with lv 11/12 peeps it might be good to stay in pairs at least.

One quest from a travelling merchant, near the fuzzies where you buy things. This one is better done later, once you get the 'Bandit Brothers' quest... also good for team work, if a bit drudgy... maybe as many paws make light work!

I suggest... it would probably be better if we do them in the order posted here... after these initial ones, they'll be a further thornbringers quest (kill the leader/boss type thing)... and the Bandit brothers Arc, these ones + the merchants collection quest will bring us closer to Camelot!

Saturday, 7th Novenber, 5PM- 7PM US Central Time, (6-8pm Eastern)
Shard: Angloroum 2
Mission: Various... We'll see how far we can go. I expect this town to take us 2 or 3 sessions?
Level 11/12

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 10:42:45 PM
Depends Kai. The avalonian flower collection and kill collect quests are in the same area, and the two gaurd quests can be done in succession. It may be a bit slow on time, but I could easily see us finishing Thornbringer and starting the first bandit quest.

Edit: I see what your saying actually. Yea, 2 to 3 sound right.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:38:15 PM by Kenku »

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #54 on: November 07, 2009, 11:24:15 PM
Saturday, 14th November, 5PM- 7PM US Central Time, (6-8pm Eastern)
Shard: Camelot 2/Angoloum 2
Mission: The various missions in Camelot
Level 11/12

Due to the smaller group size this week, we sailed through all the quests in Fort Stongehenge (The first town you get to in Angolorum)

To be ready for next weeks meet up, you will need to be in Camelot ready to take the firsts quests there. Which incude.. the "tour" quest, that "eldrens delights" and a another one which I cant remember off the top of my head at the moment.

I don't have much to say at this point as they are pretty much self explanatory. Just go through the quests at fort stonehenge and get the quest 'go to camelot' to see the grand druid. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:27:11 PM by KaiAdin »

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 08, 2009, 05:12:51 PM
Thoes are the travel quests basically. There is a flower picking quest at the overrun farm, but that can be dealt with when you are sent there from the guild hall.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 12, 2009, 01:19:39 AM
Welp, if anyone is interested in having a little fun with an Alt(or running ahead of the main group) Kai and I are planning a Dungeon Romp on sunday!

What: Dungeon Romp on Wilheim's Crypt
When: Sunday Nov 15th at 5pm Eastern(4pm Central)
Where:Wilheim's Crypt(Meetup on Druid Lorna's Hill
Level:14-16

Unless something odd happens, Im probably gonna cap this at 3 more people, so we don't have complications with parties, but anyway, hope to see a couple peeps there!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:53:39 AM by Kenku »

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: November 12, 2009, 07:30:18 AM
Well, I would be interested if I managed to get to the place in next few days... but Sunday night... nah, sorry... I have to get up early at this specific Monday.

Also, a small nit-pick:
When: Sunday Nov 15th at 5pm Eastern(6pm Pacific)
I believe Pacific<Mountain<Central<Eastern, and thus I find what you wrote a bit... weird. Not saying "wrong", as I'm not sure how it works there on the other side of the pond, BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW:
5pm Eastern is 4pm Central is 3pm Mountain is 2pm Pacific
6pm Pacific is 7pm Mountain is 8pm Central is 9pm Eastern

If you would be so nice and re-check the time... I'll accept "Yes, there's no typo, it's exactly what I wanted to say" too.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 12, 2009, 11:54:33 AM
Wow...I mustve been scatterbrained there...Yea, thats supposed to read 4pm Central. Mostly posted since the gang is listed in central time.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 09:00:29 PM
Since Kai missed last week, can anyone help with the details for next week's meeting?  I might have gotten something wrong here. [;)

Saturday, 21st November, 5PM- 7PM US Central Time, (6-8pm Eastern)
Shard: Camelot 2/Angoloum 2

Mission: Something involving a burning farm.  (I think!  Also, I think there was one more as well...)
Level: 12/13 (Is this correct?  Totally wasn't paying attention. [;))

[fox] Virmir