Author Topic: Condition Red RP thread  (Read 90624 times)

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: June 20, 2010, 02:38:23 AM
"Phwew, glad that's done with. Let's see if we can find the cafeteria. I bet a thousand years can't make the food there any worse than it already was." Cosmo left the room and headed to the nearest network hub he could find to try and locate any room with food in it that may have lasted past a month or so of abandonment. Canned goods, doritos, marshmellow peeps.... stuff like that.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 23, 2010, 06:43:45 PM
After some searching for some time you discover a cafeteria in C305, which directly connects to a ration storage area.  This facility was designed to survive a nuclear war, after all.  But wait, what's this?  From the looks of things the security system has detected a life sign in there...

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: June 24, 2010, 10:10:28 PM
A lifeform? Did one of the others make their way over? But no, a quick check of the other block showed they were still back in the other block (or the right amount anyway). Could this be the mysterious 'maybe other person' the letter on his computer account talked of? Only one way to find out! And that was to go eat something.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 24, 2010, 10:45:43 PM
Cosmo: You enter the cafeteria and discover that most of the tables are overturned.  You can't see whoever was supposed to be in here, but a group of tables seems to have been arranged into a shelter.  You can see a stove in the back, and some open cans and MRE containers are scattered around it.  The door to the storage room is ajar. 

?????: You hear someone opening the door.  Peering out from where you are concealed you can see someone wearing a labcoat.  He seems to have grayish white hair with dark splotches, he's also wearing glasses, a headband, and a pair of gloves.  Something seems off about the labcoat, like there's something under there.  What do you do?

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 25, 2010, 12:11:54 AM
OOC: Actually Cosmo doesn't have dark blotches in his hair, it's just that streaks are lighter or darker than they should be. If he had a buzz cut it might be identifiable as spots, but with the length of his hair it just looks like highlights or something. Plus the variation is between light blond and dark blond, not as noticeable as you'd think.

Well whoever WAS in here didn't seem to be anymore. Or if he was he was hiding somewhere in the tables. Either way it didn't seem imperative to seek the fellow out just yet. Cosmo decided he'd let whoever it was reveal themself in their own due time. So instead he headed over to the door which was a jar. Heading in he was able to find some decent source of food which he then went to eat.

OOC: If there are chairs, he sets one up at a table and eats there, otherwise he sits on a box or something. And don't tell me he can't open the food, there must be available food for the new guy to still be alive and even if it's in hard to open stuff, Cosmo has sharp knives and ingenuity, I'm sure he'll manage somehow.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: June 25, 2010, 08:02:12 PM
A figure shifts unseen in a shadowy hiding spot, but calls out-
"State your name, purpose, and potential possession of cheesy junk food snacks!"

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 30, 2010, 03:29:49 PM
Well now that was a voice Cosmo didn't recognize. Must be the mystery fellow the computer had indicated. "My name is Cosmo, my current purpose is to find something to eat, and the potential of my possessing such a snack as you describe is roughly equal to the chance that your hair is a glow in the dark shade of pink. Yourself?"

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: July 01, 2010, 05:42:18 PM
"I'll have you know my hair was grey last time I checked! Or was it.. blue? puce... no, it was most certainly probably grey!"
The unknown entity climbs out of his pile of various rubble and brushes off his lab coat.
"I am Dr. something or other. call me Mannick. I live here."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 06, 2010, 09:48:02 AM
"Well I suppose it's nice to meet you. Have you been here long?" Cosmo asked, mentally evaluating how long if must have been for this level of insanity to have set on. Unless he was always like this. Not quite the best of people to get stuck with in a place like this, but with luck Mannick was the harmless sort of insane person rather than the type who might attack without notice because you were under the control of the invading Zygglendiff Ducks from the Zeta Galaxy. He'd had a roommate like that once... it hadn't been much fun.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: July 07, 2010, 07:59:59 AM
"I have been living here for about.. AHA!"
Mannick reaches into his pocket and pulls out a gun with an elongated barrel, and fires a round into the nearest corner of the room.
"I have been hunting that warblesnactch for almost three minutes. my vengeance is complete.

...Oh, right! I've been living here for... awhile. I haven't left yet, and kind of lost track of the days somewhere around... five?"

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: July 07, 2010, 06:15:22 PM
Cosmo flinched slightly. It was partly because guns are loud, but also partly because he didn't expect the guy to pull out a gun so suddenly. Perhaps he wasn't quite so harmless, but hopefully he was still friendly. From the sound of it, this fellow had always been a little off the rocker, or at least he had been since he got here. "Well myself and four others just got here recently and I'm afraid we haven't had anything to eat yet. I don't know about the others but I was hoping to eat here. I think we've figured out how to get out though so if you don't want us we can probably be out of your hair shortly.

OOC: Geary, DJ, the professor, and whoever 'twas had the show dog character if I remember right...

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: July 08, 2010, 08:20:03 AM
"Oh, umm. Yeah, I think I have food over here still. Mostly canned stuff, I think... I stashed it in the kitchen over there."

Mannick wanders over to the kitchen, motioning for Cosmo to follow.

"There used to be a lot more, but food is meant to be eaten, so I did... Ahm, here we go."

Mannick opens the various food containment devices (cupboards, fridge) and takes stock of the food left in them.

OOC:I'll leave what's inside to DV since he's kinda in charge here.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 08, 2010, 07:19:08 PM
Dr. Mannik Faol has joined your party!  His character sheet can be found on the Character List.

You search the Cafeteria and Food Storage.  You find:
4 cans of beans
15 ration bars ("Marksman's Mystery" flavor)
6 MREs (allegedly Chicken)
6 canteens of water
2 large sacks
1 military backpack

There's no way one person can carry all of this.  You're going to have to divide up the loot.  Professor Durchgeknalt shuffles in with a rather large, heavy bag over his shoulder.  Apparently he was busy salvaging the Subspace Transporter while you guys were doing more important things like figuring out how to stay alive.  Oh well, he looks like he can handle carrying it, but he won't really be able to carry much else.
     "Vas?  You expekt me to geeve up mein life's vork?"
((What?  You expected the NPC to make himself useful? :P))

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 08, 2010, 07:31:51 PM
"Beans... my god, the beans. I thought I told you to get out of here! YOU BLOODY BEANS! YOU'RE IN EVERY SINGLE CAN I FIND, AREN'T YOU?!?"

Mannick puts the cans of beans, an MRE and 3 ration bars, and one of the canteens into the backpack and slings it over his shoulders.

"Take what you can. I'm going to show these beans what happens to unwanted enemies in cans who would dare show their tin in my presence!"

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: July 08, 2010, 07:46:48 PM
Cosmo grabs a ration bar or two before hurriedly intercepting Mannick. "Why don't I take the beans then?" he asked, slightly worried that the crazy fellow would throw away perfectly good food. He might be tired of beans by now, but the rest of the group wasn't.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.