Author Topic: Condition Red RP thread  (Read 89102 times)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: July 08, 2010, 08:15:24 PM
"The beans will be perfectly fine... IN HELL!"
Mannick throws the beans into a one foot deep hole.
"In retrospect that was much more impressive when I was thinking about it and the hole was a bottomless pit."
Mannick wanders back to the kitchen and picks up 3 more bars and another MRE.

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: July 08, 2010, 08:44:33 PM
"Eee----yeah..." Cosmo trailed off, picking up the only slightly dented can of beans on his way back into the cafeteria, handing off several bars and MREs to the professor to put in the bag. They should fit after all...

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: July 08, 2010, 10:06:12 PM
Mannick  follows Cosmo back to the kitchen.
"So... Where are these friends of yours? It's been a long time since I've seen anyone else."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: July 09, 2010, 01:36:23 AM
"Well you've met the professor... kind of. He's a little hard to understand sometimes, but he's good at what he does. There's me of course, and then three more guys running around here... somewhere. Just a warning though, some of them aren't quite human anymore. One's a dog and the other is a ferret. Sorta. Well you'll see what I mean when you meet them." Wow, a whole paragraph. 'That was practically a speech', reflected Cosmo as they reached the kitchen and went inside.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: July 09, 2010, 08:31:30 PM
"Right. More you-type things. I can handle that, at least you aren't ugly like warblesnatches are.  Talking, too. Warblesnatches never talked. They just did warblesnatch things. Anyway, where are these animal people thing guys of yours? They'll have to carry some of this food too."

Mannick stashes the remaining foodstuffs into one of the sacks and gives it to Cosmo.

"I left some important things of mine somewhere, and I'm gonna go get them. Wait here or I'll throw a warblesnatch at your face when I get back."

Mannick runs off with the other sack, and returns after a few minutes with it filled by clattering, metallic things.

"Righty, those friendpeoples of yours then."

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: July 11, 2010, 07:54:39 PM
Everyone finally meets up in the cafeteria.  Keep in mind how much of each item you found, because that's how much you have to divide among yourselves unless you want to spend a few hours opening crates ((which is a perfectly viable option if you feel like being crazy prepared)).  ((also, please list exactly how much of each item you want to take, because I'm going to be updating your character's inventories.  And no using NPCs as infinite resource generators.  {;) ))

You're just about ready to head to the surface.

((P.S. Part of this "inventory check" is to determine who is still playing.  If you miss out you'll still get one more chance, but after that, well, unfortunate things may happen.))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:24:39 PM by Digital Vulpine »

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: July 13, 2010, 12:42:22 PM
ok, Mannick has got:
1 Sack (Filled with clunky metal things, some of which do things and most of which are parts for things that may do things in the future)
1 Backpack
2 MREs (supposedly chicken)
6 Ration Bars (Marksman's Mystery Flavor)
1 Canteen

in addition to the stuff he already had.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #127 on: July 13, 2010, 01:33:18 PM
((Note: Dr. Faol already had a backpack.  Therefore, there is still one available.))

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: July 13, 2010, 05:15:59 PM
Cosmo snags one of the large sacks into which he places three of the MREs, the rest of the ration bars, and the four cans of beans. As an afterthought he snags two of the canteens as well. He's used to carrying a lot so the only thing to make sure is that his pockets don't mix with the sack. He also figures that with a limited number of carrying containers it's better for the food to be relatively grouped together.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #129 on: July 16, 2010, 12:59:30 PM
Having gotten introduced (as much as any introducing actually went on) and stocked up on supplies, everyone heads up to the first floor.  It's a single large room, resembling a huge hangar or parking lot.  The roof is a large, arching dome, and there is a monumental set of double doors that you could probably fly a plane through.  A swipe of the security card is sufficient to activate the now-powered doors.  The hydraulics kick in, and the doors slowly start to slide open with a great deal of noise. 

As the doors pull apart, a blast of cold air rushes in and you can see large quantities of snow being shaken off the exterior, as well as a rather bundled up soldier with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a shocked expression on his face.  He's wearing a thickly padded uniform that obviously has several layers under it, a scarf that he has apparently pushed aside while he was smoking, and a black fuzzy hat with a hammer and sickle on it.  The doors finish opening, and while he's staring at you you can see that some sort of convoy had come to a stop behind him, and had unloaded several containers of fuel for their vehicles.

He drops his cigarette and runs off toward the convoy, yelling something in Russian.  Soldiers that were tending to the vehicles stop what they're doing and start scrambling for their guns, but it seems you've caught them off guard.  Immediately outside the doors and to the right there are some large  broken-up boulders, towards the left there is a small drop-off, that looks just low enough that you could duck inside and stand up to look over the top, and the doors themselves are obviously thick enough to stop whatever they might shoot at you.  The convoy itself is about 85 meters away from the door.  It would probably be a good idea to make your move before they get their act together.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: July 16, 2010, 04:07:19 PM
Mannick takes a "Jangler"* out of his sack 'o junk and turns to Cosmo quickly, asking:
"Run or Surrender?"

*A Jangler is similar to a janitorial ring of keys, in that it is a big ring with metal things hanging on it. The keys aren't keys, but rather random bits of metal. It's kind of distracting, and it's more or less what all unusable scrap metal Mannick finds goes to, so he has four at the moment.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: July 16, 2010, 04:14:42 PM
Cosmo froze in indecision for a second or two. Back in the base lay safety, but it was also a trap. There was no other way out and it would only be a matter of (probably short) time before they ran out of food or these soldiers got in. On the other hand, the rocks offered a modicum of safety for a short while, and it offered much more freedom. In the end it was knowledge of how long it would probably take the doors to close that made his decision and he dived behind the boulders. Dived in a relatively careful way anyway. Last thing he needed was for two volatile chemical vials to break and mix and explode on his person. Which is to say that in midair he twisted to land on his back instead of his front.

Call him cautious, but he wasn't too fond of surrendering to a bunch of people with guns who didn't speak his language very well. Anyway, his point of action should probably answer Mannik's question.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: July 16, 2010, 07:08:32 PM
"Fair enough! Off we go!"
Mannick throws the Jangler into the midst of the Russian-speaking people and runs for the Rock Of Protection, attempting to get a rough estimate of the number of adversaries in the meantime.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: July 16, 2010, 07:30:26 PM
Following the lead of his comrades, Jake leaped behind the rocks. He pulled out the handgun he pick up earlier and holds it to the other two. "I hope one of you two know how to use this, 'cause I couldn't hit a cow if I put the barrel against it's hide." The otter shivers, wishing for once that he had some form of clothing that provided warmth.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: July 16, 2010, 07:46:45 PM
Cosmo got to his feet in a crouch behind the boulder and looked at the pistol. It had been a while but back in boyscouts he had gotten a merit badge for guns. Granted it was for rifle and shotgun, but he'd seen tv shows, and it couldn't be THAT different, so he picked it up. Making sure the cock was back and all that other stuff, he leaned against the boulder and hoped really hard that something was going to get them out of this, cause a jangly ring of metal and a small gun weren't going to help much.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.