Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds the 2nd!  (Read 90101 times)

Fax

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: January 28, 2013, 11:53:18 PM
Alright then, time for the second Crimson Flag Dawn of Worlds game: Electric Boogaloo!

So a couple things before we get started.

Firstly, the rules are available here(http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf) and here as a quick reference (http://dow.crimsonflagcomic.com/doku.php) with the house rules added in. Once the game starts I'll add it to the wiki which will be updated as

Now, in the interests of making my life easier and the wiki actually update more often I would ask that anything that should be included in the wiki be summarized at the end of the post that caused it. Ie. if you create a race, subrace, advance or whatnot, include a clearly marked section I can directly insert into the wiki to keep it up to date. Also, this way I'm less likely to miss important details when making updates.

Whenever creating some location such as a city or notable site of some sort, players are encouraged to include a image of what they want that site to be represented by on the map in the form of a pixel image of up to 70x70 pixels

I am only going to accept 6-7 players, all of whom must make at least some sort of post each turn or else when I update the game (which I intend to do once a week, likely on the same day each time if I can) I will simply assume you forfeited your turn and any points you may have gained from it. The posts don't have to be anything long, just so long as they're made. This is primarily to ensure that the game doesn't get held up by one person who decided not to do anything but didn't bother to tell anyone about it.

Also, remember that you can affect other people's creations in the game and are encouraged to do so. I will be including a point pool for myself in the game solely for the purpose stirring up trouble if I think the world needs a bit.

Other than that, just remember to have fun you guys!

Assuming sufficient interest I intend on posting the first update on Feb. 6th. Now, who wants to play?

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:56:23 PM
Moi.  I have some definite ideas to embark upon that my clumsy first playthrough precluded me from.

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 11:58:46 PM
Im up for this agian!

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:59:48 PM
I'm up for it, if you'll have me.

Though, a clarification, if you would:  If a player is skipped due to inactivity, do they also not gain points?  Is that what you meant, or did you mean that they don't spend any that turn?

(I shouldn't have a problem updating once a week, I'm just trying to be sure I'm clear on what the rules are beforehand.)

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:14:45 PM
You're more than welcome to join in, as is anyone who is willing to spend the time to play the game.

If they are skipped due to inactivity they neither get to spend or receive any points for that turn.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 01:35:14 PM
All right, all right, I'll give this a try. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 02:32:30 PM
Such unfortunate timing... Oh well, I'll give this a shot anyway.  I should be able to get to the rec center on weekends at least.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 05:04:06 PM
I suppose I'll hop in. I haven't been writing enough lately, anyways.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 05:05:11 PM
Nyaaaah fiiiiine I'll join in  [;).

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:34 PM
Alright, lets get this started!

Here's the world, its pretty nice you might say. Well, it is. However, its also pretty bland so lets spice things up a bit why don't we?

And here's the starting point totals

Radioactive Toast - 10
Kenku - 8
Dragyn - 9
Virmir - 10
Digital Vulpine - 9
Geary - 11
Donnie - 9
Fax - 8

The current plan is to update once a week on Wednesdays so we'll see how that works out

Also, for reference here's the point cost for each of the possible moves. Note that any number of actions can be performed so long as you have points to use them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:39:45 PM by Fax »

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 07:49:15 PM
Right then... I was going to jump right into making an avatar since I have enough points, but since my plan for my race would work best if it was somewhat collaboration, I'll put this out:

I want to create a human race that's ancient and can be built up, like Zeal from Chrono Trigger (preferably with floating islands) in terms of advanced magic, but then a massive cataclysm of their own making occurs and they are cast down, and most of them are TF'd and split into various sub anthro races.

This would work best as a collaboration project (though through individual player actions since we can't combine points for a certain move).  Who would be interested in helping with it?

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 08:58:01 PM
Actions

For a lifeless wasteland, the world seems a bit too... green.

Shape Land (3): Convert areas A11, A12, B11, and B12 into desert. Create plateaus in the newly-created desert, as well as a massive, cavernous plateau in the center (see attachments).

Shape Climate (2): Raise areas A11, A12, B11, and B12 up a step in temperature.

Shape Climate (2): Raise areas A11, A12, B11, and B12 up a step in temperature.

---

Stats

Cost: 3 + 2 + 2 = 7
Total Points: 5
Points Spent: 7
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:13:03 PM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 09:51:28 PM
Starting Points: 10

Sorry, Toast. I have my own plans. [;)

Shape Climate (-2)

Ye God Virmir looked upon the barren landscape in the general vicinity of B3 and thus spake:

"Well blast... it's too blasted cold here!!"

And in his divine and infinite knowledge, used his divinely Uroconic powers to raise the temperature to acceptable levels.

Effect: Increase the temperature of A2, A3, B2, and B3. Make them blasted hot.

Shape Climate (-2)

Effect: Increase the temperature of A4, A5, B4, and B5. Make them blasted hot.

Shape Land (-3)

Ye God Virmir looked down upon his work and saw that is was good. But a giant barren wasteland, no matter how hot it was, only provided so much in terms of entertainment. Also, this island wasn't big enough. Thus he spake:

"Let there be trees!"

Effect: Extend the land mass out into A3, A4, B3, and B4.

Shape Land (-3)

Effect: Cover A3, A4, B3, and B4. with forests.

Ye God Virmir looked upon his work and saw that it was good, and then decided to rest for the day. (Actually he went back to drawing foxes.)

Ending Points: 0

(GRRRR!! GEARY STEALING MY SPOT WHILE I WAS POSTING BIG ELABORATE DESCRIPTIONS AND MAKING ME CHANGE THINGS.)

[fox] Virmir

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 11:16:53 PM
Catastrophe-10 points

In this newly formed world, the primeval mythic forces that shaped it grind past each other, much like the tectonic plates of the purely physical world.  And like tectonic plates, sometimes they shift too much and create a rupture.

The south of the main continent (H-6) cracks open to unveil a fissure into another primordial realm, where chaotic creatures of a twisted underworld creep from and infiltrate the virgin wilderness.  And thus were monsters are born into the world...

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 11:22:36 PM
The Lurking Lord Dragynwulf did ponder deeply the mysteries of the world, and Lo, he saw it to be boring.

Thus did he raise a mass of land from the sea--an island with a cliff face on the southeastern face (complete with a massive waterfall) and several lakes to keep things interesting--just off the coast of the southern landmass, that the world might be more pleasing to observe.  

EFFECTS:
3 points into shape land, in squares G1 through H2.  Refer to the attached map segment.  ^-^

9-3=6 points remaining.

WIKI:
Basically just an island.  Not much for the wiki here, that won't be in the map.

EDIT:  Dang, Toast.  Moving right along, aren't you?

EDIT2:  Yes, there are a few little islands in H2--I figure I've got enough left over of my 3 squares to get away with it.

EDIT3:  Oh, hey, house rules.  Forgot about those.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:41:00 PM by Dragyn »