Author Topic: TO THE ARENA  (Read 22294 times)

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 12:34:10 PM
Joining.

Nika

• A scientific 'sune
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 12:34:17 PM
*earperks*

Sune. Working currently on accelerator physics and propulsion engineering. Still trying to figure out how those two are related careers.

foxgamer01

• Solid Fox, Daren Crevan
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Allons-Y
    • View Profile
    • Foxgamer01 of DA
Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 01:15:00 PM
I'm interested.  {:)

(19:14:28) Virmir: All of Foxgamer's pics are either super happy or BATTLE.
(19:14:53) Virmir: Except that one roo one.
--

Zavier

• This account has been TOTALLY NOT abandoned.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 01:31:44 PM
* Zavier is currently debating with himself on whether or not he wants to join. He'll probably have a definitive answer when more things about the RP are set in stone.

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 04:40:28 PM
DnD 3.5e/4e or GURPS, preferably.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 04:40:35 PM
* Donnie hopes his selection of characters is permitted.

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 04:42:47 PM
I will decide on joining after a few more details are given. Though It's very likely I will join.

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 05:28:54 PM
Really Im fine with any setting as long as there is some structure behind it in case conflict occurs (be it D20, C&S, GURPS, L5R D10 or otherwise.) Some level of transformation magic or ability would be cool as well, even if its as simple as were-forms or simple shapeshifting.

Ideas for themes:
1.Duties of a town gaurd.
2."Changed" people trying to return the normal, and getting changed some more.
3.Outcasts trying to survive in a world that does not see eye to eye with them.
4.Monster Hunt

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 06:34:35 PM
I'll probably take a shot at this, schedule permitting.  I just finished watching Hellsing, so I'm probably going to roll up a BATTLE PRIEST of some sort.

I'm torn between that and a shapeshifting fox mage who spends most of his time in feral form. 

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 08:35:23 PM
Off the main hall there forms a room with large steel doors. Within these doors among one wall and on some desks there stands several small machines mixing and bubbiling, pressing and churning. Along another wall lay several bags, each with labels like "Mammal", "Bird" and "Hybrid".

Sitting among the many machines is a tall grey fox who watches the machines and distributes materials. "Why hello there" he says to anyone who opens the door. "My name is Kenku, and how may I help you?"

(Kenku's shop is opened to the interested.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:42:08 PM by Kenku »

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
Intrigued by newly updated description and rules. I supooooose I could try this one. [;)

PROVIDED ample time is given to submit entries. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Draykin

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 09:14:18 PM
I'm in.

Even for a little while

Draykin

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 10:47:38 PM
(Alright. I guess I'm first up to present an OC.)

Name: Ezgo
Species: Grey Fox (Anthro Variant)
Height: 5'9" / 1.75 Metres
Weight: 1.5 tons.

The fox looked across the rickety, semi-rotten-wood table, upon which flickered the flame of a single wax candle. Its light was really only enough to illuminate the fox, and his metallic parts. His right eye had been replaced with a bright red lens that stuck about about an inch off his face, with a few knobs on it for view adjustment. Upon his wrists were two gauntlets, the right of the pair actually having a clicking, mechanical hand and matching arm. On the outer sides of each gauntlet was a blade, with two extendable, smaller blades, which at the base had a hinge and tubing, allowing large quantities of steam to be blow out of it, like a scalding flamethrower minus the fire. Across his chest was a large metal plate, with an open shirt covering the sides, but leaving the metal chest exposed. It was a needed opening, as various gauges and valves were placed there, along with many complicated tubes that led to every place that seemed to need energy. Two fully artificial arms loomed over his back, an exact copy of his normal pair, with one over each shoulder. They were jointed, so they could bend like normal arms, but also able to swerve under his arms if need be. They also had heavy plating that could be used as shielding, and openings on the palms, where small blasting chargers were constantly loaded by an internal reloading mechanism. He also wore a large black duster, which went down to his ankles, and had a large steam pump on his back, reinforced of course.

Speaking of his legs, the left one had a metallic frame around it, with hinges and joints placed at intervals to allow the leg normal movement. This was necessary, due to his right being entirely made of metal, looking much like a leg of plate armor, only welding and hinged, with a bit of tubing to provide fuel for it. He wore there, a pair of green work pants, and a thick leather boot on his left footpaw, although it looked to have some sort of device on its sole. At his waist was a toolbelt, from which hug a small pouch, which he would keep tools in, a holster for a blackpowder six-shot revolver, and various attachments for his secondary arms, as well as a machete, which he referred to as his 'surgical knife'. (And a spare hand for his primary right arm.) His tail twitched.

He put his fingers together, an odd contrast of the dull leather of the glove on his left hand to the almost copper color of the metal of his right. "So, you wish to know of me? What is there to know? How I function? Ha!" He threw his hands into the air. "It is simple! You see, through years of fighting and experimenting, the latter having been the reason for all of these glorious steel on me, I have acquired quite the taste for.... bettering... myself. At first, I didn't know if it was a safe procedure, so I experimented on a few people who would pass me by on the streets, raising her hands at me in some odd gesture that means who knows what! How dare they! They might be insulting me! So they were perfect subjects as I went through the testing. Did you know that you shouldn't mix skin with steam? My second subject found that out the hard way! Ha! But then... everyone fell asleep for some reason.. And people started to hate me... So I experimented on those who came to hate me, too! And I learned such fascinating things! Like that a blade made of exactly 56.3% pure silver, 24% iron, and 19.7% bone is the best for cutting through heavy armors? So intriguing! But enough about me, what about you?" He pointed a finger at his partner in conversation.

The wall remained silent.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:26:00 PM by Draykin »

Even for a little while

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 11:42:56 PM
(Character sheet in the attachment, might do an introduction later if I'm not feeling lazy.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:51:44 PM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 12:45:44 AM
Count me out on this one.  I'll just observe.