Author Topic: Irae vs. Medik  (Read 8540 times)

Shifting Sands

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
on: June 11, 2012, 12:20:28 PM
"Oh, boy. Here we go..." Kain rubs his forehead. "Someone said we weren't Gods. And to top it off, someone got to my paper..." He holds out said paper and points to where a name was written over in poor handwriting and red ink. "Medik, where are you?"

A sidestriped jackal jumps down from the audience and bounces up and down. "Here here here!"

"Riiiight," Kain says, smiling a little. "Well, Irae gets this fight... guess we'll see if he believes we're Gods after this." He waits for the priest to enter, and then yells "Medik of the Jackals, God of Storms, versus Irae Iscariot! FIGHT!"

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:40:12 PM
"Ask of me, and I shall give the the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thine possession, the ends of the Earth."
A yellowed parchment drifts down from the sky, fluttering in a light wind. 
"Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potters vessel."
A soft light emanates from it as it splits into two, two become four, and four become eight. 
"Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the Earth."
Soon a flurry of papers swirls towards the ground as a single figure materializes in their midst.
"Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.  Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way..."
The papers settle to the ground, some catching the wind and blowing away as the tails of Irae Iscariot's cassock billow out behind him.  The light glints off the cross that hangs from his neck, and reflective glare hides his eyes behind his glasses.
"...though his wrath be kindled but a little."
With a flick of his wrists six silver daggers appear between his fingers as he holds his arms in front of him in the form of a cross,
"You who call yourself a god, prepare yourself, for the judgement of the true God is upon you."

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:45:53 PM
"Why are some of you so dumb?! There's more than one! WE'RE RIGHT HERE! Hellooooooo!" Medik kept bouncing around, yelling out insults and trying to prove himself a God.

"Look! Look! Look!" He summons up a bolt of lightning between his paws, and yells, causing a crack of thunder. "GOD! God right here! You're so blind!" So, in his anger, he throws the lightning bolt to Irae.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 01:06:14 PM
Irae grits his teeth as lightning courses through him, wracking his body with pain.  Smoke and the scent of singed fur rise from his clothes as the moment of agony passes.
"And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men."
His arms fly out, throwing his daggers in Medik's direction as he leaps into the air with a backwards flip.  At the zenith of his flight another set of daggers fly from him with an "Amen!", and as he lands yet another is already prepared.
"I am not deceived by such demonic trickery, for the light of the Lord illuminates all things."

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 01:14:42 PM
"Why do you keep calling us demons?! It's not fair! You don't even know us!"

Medik eeps at the sight of all the daggers, and calls down thunder right before they strike him. The shockwave knocks back most of the weapons, but one catches him in the arm and makes him fall to his side, plucking it out and letting out some inky blood.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 01:37:02 PM
Irae lunges forward and lets his daggers loose, sweeping his arms back behind him in a fluid motion as he draws four into his right hand, but only one on his left, held in a reverse grip, as he charges forward.
"You who in your arrogance raise yourselves as unto heaven, and snuff out mortal lives for your amusement.  Know that your sins shall not go unatoned, and tremble.  Amen!"

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 02:44:51 PM
"I don't kill anyone! You're being stupid and dumb and... and gonna kill me! Not fair!"

Medik cries out and tries to ready up more lightning bolts while Irae charges, though he doesn't cut much of an intimidating figure...

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 03:11:25 PM
Irae throws the daggers from his right hand mid-charge, following behind them in an attempt to bring the one in his left to Medik's throat, but to stop just short of delivering the blow.
"You fool, look at where you are.  This field is drunk on the blood of innocents, how did you expect this contest of yours to end?  But for you some hope remains... yield, and I will spare you."

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 03:27:41 PM
"I didn't put the blood there! It's not my fault at all! Kain puts red dye on the areas that don't have enough blood, we don't even fight here much! B-but... we're still Gods!"

He stops trying to ready up more lightning and whimpers a little, looking away. "I never brought anyone here, but I'm still a God!"

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 03:46:56 PM
Irae stays his hand a little longer, his blade looming ominously by Medik's throat,
"The only fate you rule at this moment is your own.  Will you yield and accept mercy, or embrace condemnation and be counted among the victims of this place?"

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 03:59:09 PM
"Alright, that's enough!" Kain yells from the stands. "I think we can find a victor in this. Medik, get back up here."

While still sobbing some, he climbs up the stands and sits back into his seat, immediately disappearing behind a number of bystanders or concerned people.

"Irae Iscariot has won his first round! Now get back in your room. You'll be given a choice of weapons and prizes in the next few hours."

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 04:45:48 PM
Irae nods.  "So be it."
He pulls a large tome from beneath his cassock.  After resting his hand over the silver cross on the cover and whispering a prayer he opens the tome and flips through the pages, which begin to fly out and surround him.

The papers fly off in every direction, and Irae Iscariot is gone.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 05:01:35 PM
Kain mutters something about "showoffs who can't read up on those OTHER Gods," and waves his hand at a worried looking man next to him carrying a tray of various items of all colors and sizes. The man runs off, through a wall behind Kain, and immediately appears in Irae's room. He holds up the tray to the fox.

"Here, sir; your prize. A choice of a call to summon a God."

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 06:09:55 PM
Irae scoffs, "My God is already with me, what need have I of yours?  But if you insist, I will dispense with this... formality."
He takes a small iron star, and waves the man away.