Crimson Flag Comic Forums
May 29, 2015, 09:18:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformation Theater  (Read 837 times)
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2015, 03:39:11 PM »

Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
"What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?"
Posts: 174
View Profile
Draykin
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
***

Attor quickly reassesses the situation. No, he's probably going to die, even with this new hunt-pack. Especially the small one. Wait, which small one? The grey one or the other one? He doesn't even know anymore. Well, he might as well go out fighting.

Attor rushes at the still-bound and casting squid vorzh, hoping to be able to get in a good bite.

May 20, 2015, 03:39:11 PM: BITE THE SQUID (Vorzh 3) (STR)
1d20-1 => 1d20 [20] (20) - 1 = 19
Logged

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2015, 02:50:35 PM »

Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
"Oh, BLAST."
Posts: 1713
View Profile WWW
Virmir
Administrator
Enchanted Weapons Expert
*****

* Virmir POKES MEDIK FOR UPDATES!!!!!
Logged

Gray Fox Virmir
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2015, 12:29:24 AM »

"I dunno, you tell me."
Posts: 154
themerciless@msn.com View Profile
Medik Jackal
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
***

(I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS! You are all able to take your own turns too!)

Mike is able to cut free of his bonds without much trouble at all, though it DOES taste awful. Like pitch and seaweed with lots of rotten water... blech. So too is Attor able to wriggle free - being sea-snake-serpent-eel-like helps with escaping from tight bonds.

The first squid-vorzh is easily able to squeeze some of the life out of Virmir, leaving him breathless for a bit of time. The magical attack that it takes in response does... absolutely nothing. It fizzes out in the water pitifully with some tiny firework sparks.

The already delayed vorzh in the back is freed of his chains by its counterpart, but it does suffer some nearly freezing water. Once it's free of its bonds, it raises up some tentacles in a criss-cross manner, like a shield, and tries to keep the area around it from completely solidifying.

Vorzh 4 RES - 1d20+2 = 19 (success)

The preparing vorzh doesn't seem to accomplish much of anything, failing to properly prepares its spell after its time spent bound. The krait-vorzh that comes charging to bite it snaps it out from its thoughts and suffers due to its absentmindedness... losing its life in one visceral snap of the jaws of Attor.

Shocked by the loss of one of their fellow brethren - or sistren? - the others prepare to fight back in earnest. The first continues to choke out Virmir, while the two in the back send out some odd type of spell, unseen by any of you before. They only spend a couple of seconds preparing before a couple of dart-like objects fly through the water at Mike and Yilin. If they pass through their resistances... the darts will extract quite a bit of blood, like a humongous underwater mosquito.

May 24, 2015, 12:29:24 AM: Vorzh 1 STR vs. Virmir AGI
1d20+1 => 1d20 [17] (17) + 1 = 18
May 24, 2015, 12:29:24 AM: Vorzh 2 MAG vs. Mike RES
1d20+2 => 1d20 [4] (4) + 2 = 6
May 24, 2015, 12:29:24 AM: Vorzh 2 MAG vs. Yilin RES
1d20+2 => 1d20 [3] (3) + 2 = 5
Logged
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2015, 10:24:40 AM »

Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
"Oh, BLAST."
Posts: 1713
View Profile WWW
Virmir
Administrator
Enchanted Weapons Expert
*****

(We took our turns!!!  Are we supposed to just keep on rolling without your input?  As in control the enemy attacks(which we coincidentally know nothing about!)?)

GRRK!  My eyes bulge further as I am squeezed!  I've got to try and wiggle out of here!

May 24, 2015, 10:24:40 AM: AGI - Escape!
1d20-2 => 1d20 [11] (11) - 2 = 9
Logged

Gray Fox Virmir
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2015, 10:31:17 AM »

Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
"Oh, BLAST."
Posts: 1713
View Profile WWW
Virmir
Administrator
Enchanted Weapons Expert
*****

(Also, are enemy defenses hidden? Edit: Never mind--I rolled a 1, that's why, ha ha)

GRRRRK!!  Utterly crushed and feeling like I can only take one more hit before I am dead (assuming the three hit rule applies here), I concentrate a heat spell directly into the tentacles themselves, trying to cook them from the inside!

May 24, 2015, 10:31:17 AM: MAG attack on Calamari 1
1d20+3 => 1d20 [17] (17) + 3 = 20
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:37:44 AM by Virmir » Logged

Gray Fox Virmir
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »

Abominable abomination of abominablishness
"I maken o sense"
Posts: 1030
View Profile
Radioactive_Toast
Moderator
Enchanted Weapons Expert
****

Swearing loudly in 3 languages in the same sentense, Yilin braces himself and curls tight to brace himself for the bizarre "darts."

May 24, 2015, 03:51:50 PM: Yilin RES vs darts
1d20+2 => 1d20 [1] (1) + 2 = 3
Logged

Quote from: The Pink Panther Strikes Again
François: "Do you know what kind of bomb it was?"
Chief Inspector Clouseau: "The exploding kind.  Mark my words, François, sinister forces are at work."
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2015, 03:55:36 PM »

Abominable abomination of abominablishness
"I maken o sense"
Posts: 1030
View Profile
Radioactive_Toast
Moderator
Enchanted Weapons Expert
****

At that particular moment, when concentration was most vital and essential, suddenly Yilin's body decided it would be the height of hilarious to chose that moment to sneeze.  The human's body seized up and convulsed as the darts SLAMMED into him, flooding the water behind him with an expanding swirling red mist.  

Taking that particular moment to facepalm, Yilin screamed and insulted the dart throwing Vorzh's mother, all her ancestors, all their family lineage, and their goldfish.  And then right in the middle of his tirade he slams a crushing wall of ice upon the 2nd one.

May 24, 2015, 03:56:06 PM: MAG attack on Vorzh 2
1d20+3 => 1d20 [9] (9) + 3 = 12
Logged

Quote from: The Pink Panther Strikes Again
François: "Do you know what kind of bomb it was?"
Chief Inspector Clouseau: "The exploding kind.  Mark my words, François, sinister forces are at work."
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2015, 10:17:45 PM »

Avid Bookworm Cat
"Intuition strikes again!"
Posts: 346
View Profile Email
Stormkit
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
***

Poor Mike isn't even paying attention to what's being thrown at him and gets caught flat footed (flat ruddered? I mean that's really more a beaver thing than an otter but it... you know what? Nevermind. Point is he gets no bonus and just rolls passively for how unlucky he was to get hit by that wild shot.)

Pt II:

Alas, one of the darts does hit Mike, and whether or not it does damage, it spins him right round, completely disorienting him. Reacting blindly, Mike darts forward in whatever his new 'forward' is. 1 is directly down, 2-5 are the four directions NESW around the arena... but 6 is directly into the bladed ceiling! D:

Results:

Mike got thwacked fairly hard by a dart and you know what? Those things really hurt. Right now he's staggered, turned around and swimming in the direction of the vorz (though above them) albeit in a manner not unlike a drunk butterfly in terms of how straight he's swimming. He knows he should be trying to fight back but he's not quite able to think just /how/ right this moment what with how the world is still spinning and he's so lightheaded so he just starts magically trailing bubbles. Where there's enough of them it should provide cover and obscure sight at least....

May 24, 2015, 10:17:45 PM: On 4-5 Mike doesn't get hit.
1d5 => 1d5 [3] (3) = 3
May 24, 2015, 10:24:57 PM: Don't take damage from the blood dart!
1d20-4 => 1d20 [4] (4) - 4 = 0
May 24, 2015, 10:24:57 PM: Please no 6, please no 6...
1d6 => 1d6 [2] (2) = 2
May 24, 2015, 10:37:01 PM: "Bubbles! Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles.... *my* bubbles!" - Bubbles the Fish
1d20+2 => 1d20 [15] (15) + 2 = 17
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:37:01 PM by Stormkit » Logged

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2015, 11:18:10 PM »

Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
"What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?"
Posts: 174
View Profile
Draykin
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
***

Attor savors the taste of squid. Never had squid before, he hasn't, nope. Is tasty, squid. Wait, still a fight. Yes. Shame. Would make good meal. The grey one, he is dying? Well, Attor is not sure if he likes the small furry thing, but he supposes he should help his hunt-pack... Well, he's probably a dead vorzh anyways, right?

Attor hisses and rushes at the strangling squid-vorzh in an attempt to bite, wrestle, and otherwise try to pry it off of the grey fox that probably can't do that much anyways.

May 24, 2015, 11:18:10 PM: RAM/BITE THE TASTY SQUID (Vorzh 1)
1d20-1 => 1d20 [8] (8) - 1 = 7
Logged

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2015, 04:14:12 PM »

"I dunno, you tell me."
Posts: 154
themerciless@msn.com View Profile
Medik Jackal
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
***

Considering the relative ease it's had so far with choking out an enemy, the first squid-vorzh of the group continues to cling to the suffocating fox and tries to knock him unconscious first. It has to resist the incoming attacks, too, but it does manage another squeeze before suffering damage from anything else.

The second one, a little more distinguishable now by the resisted rimefrost on its slippery skin, looks to be very pleased about the blood flowing in the water. It's hard to tell, but it seems to be... smiling, curving in a weird way. The blood flows over to it and its allies, and they look invigorated by it all. It prepares some sort of enchantment with it, too, taking up its time for attacking, but still being quite able to push back against the ice wall.

The "fourth" and final vorzh seems to be the most upset of them all, still incredibly angered about the death of the other. It writhes about in the water and darts at Attor, being empowered by the blood of the otter and human, but being somewhat blocked off by the odd bubbles said otter had created before. (They cancel out)

May 28, 2015, 04:14:12 PM: Vorzh 1 STR vs. Virmir AGI
1d20+1 => 1d20 [12] (12) + 1 = 13
May 28, 2015, 04:14:12 PM: Vorzh 1 RES vs. Virmir MAG
1d20+2 => 1d20 [6] (6) + 2 = 8
May 28, 2015, 04:14:12 PM: Vorzh 1 AGI vs. Attor STR
1d20+1 => 1d20 [16] (16) + 1 = 17
May 28, 2015, 04:14:12 PM: Vorzh 4 STR vs. Attor AGI
1d20+1 => 1d20 [7] (7) + 1 = 8
Logged
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2015, 05:09:15 PM »

Abominable abomination of abominablishness
"I maken o sense"
Posts: 1030
View Profile
Radioactive_Toast
Moderator
Enchanted Weapons Expert
****

Wincing in agonizing pain, Yilin decides that the blood loss he is experiencing is extreme; too extreme to ignore.  There's also the fact that the vorzh seemed to be alarmingly excited by the red mist swirling everywhere.  Ignoring the fight for the moment, he takes a moment to concentrate and try to freeze his own wound up, freezing the area of his wound

May 28, 2015, 05:09:15 PM: Attempt to freeze wound
1d20+3 => 1d20 [17] (17) + 3 = 20
Logged

Quote from: The Pink Panther Strikes Again
François: "Do you know what kind of bomb it was?"
Chief Inspector Clouseau: "The exploding kind.  Mark my words, François, sinister forces are at work."
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2015, 06:10:18 PM »

Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
"Oh, BLAST."
Posts: 1713
View Profile WWW
Virmir
Administrator
Enchanted Weapons Expert
*****

Dimly noticing that something else is attacking the squid thing strangling me, I use this opportunity to attempt one last desperate squirm free!

May 28, 2015, 06:10:18 PM: AGI - Escape!!!!!!
1d20-2 => 1d20 [17] (17) - 2 = 15
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:19:35 PM by Virmir » Logged

Gray Fox Virmir
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 06:18:15 PM »

Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
"Oh, BLAST."
Posts: 1713
View Profile WWW
Virmir
Administrator
Enchanted Weapons Expert
*****

Finally wiggling loose, I use the moment's distraction to recuperate in a daze.  That blasted squid thing almost killed me!  Totally irate, I attempt to swim up and over his head, then press my hand onto his skull to summon a fireball directly inside his head and blow the blasted thing clean off!!!

May 28, 2015, 06:18:15 PM: MAG attack on Calamari 1
1d20+3 => 1d20 [14] (14) + 3 = 17
Logged

Gray Fox Virmir
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »

Avid Bookworm Cat
"Intuition strikes again!"
Posts: 346
View Profile Email
Stormkit
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
***

Mike gets his bearings now and tries to figure out which squid thing just shot him. Sniffing out the arcane traces, he's able to figure out the one that shot him was.... the one with frost covering him! He'll swim down and try to zoom around the thing, swarming it with all those bubbles he summoned! That will hopefully impede any casting by mixing the area with other magic, possibly slow down movements, and/or just block the squid thing's vision.

Results:

Alas this area is already suffused in magic and the bubbles completely fizzle out! Mike is a graceful swimmer and able to dart in, out, and under this thing avoiding all tentacles that may attempt to grab, thwack, or otherwise stop him. If the Vorzh is particularly clumsy it may even tie itself in knots! Not that this matters though because while focusing on being the best swimmer ever, Mike completely fails his magic efforts so badly that me might start passively absorbing the energy through his nature as a familiar. Whether this has a direct effect on him or makes him a magic lightning rod or something else entirely is up to debate.

May 28, 2015, 08:45:12 PM: Proactive general agility
1d20+2 => 1d20 [20] (20) + 2 = 22
May 28, 2015, 08:45:12 PM: Bubble magic!
1d20 => 1d20 [1] (1) = 1
« Last Edit: Today at 10:56:15 AM by Stormkit » Logged

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
 
Jump to: