Author Topic: Fuzzy Fantasy Tactics - Sprites and Portraits  (Read 28583 times)

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: March 15, 2011, 12:04:34 AM
Hey all. I recently decided to perform an ambitious little project to emulate Final Fantasy Tactics' squad deployment menu. Judging from some of ya's reactions, you thought this really was a game! I'm pretty shocked and so far the reception has been very warm. So therefore I'm gonna hold an open audition to be made a sprite by me! With hope I can possible craft a portrait as well.

The creation!

Right then, there are a few things to keep in mind. If you think you have what it takes to fit into this idea, feel free to volunteer. However be aware that some of you might not be very compatible with this. Just to make an example, TyVulpine is a bit too..... large to fit on these tiles. So make a realistic request shall we?

It takes me a bit of time to make these, so lets start with.... 8 as a starter.
I don't really have any rules, frankly this doesn't fit into a universe so I can make any 'sona really, even pantsless ones. From my estimates it will take me about two hours or more to make each character. Just make sure your 'sona 'fits' into this. You know, like Final Fantasy -like. Weapon in hand or some sort of skill. RPGish and all.

Be aware I'm not making an actual game. Just an image that emulates a menu from FF-Tactics. I will be making ONE sprite per request, and one portrait.

I'm also considering creating a custom 'stat' list for each character but that will likely take a while. Once I get through this we shall consider it, shall we?

So start the requests!

EDIT:
Just a preparation for the stat menu idea if I go that far, how about giving a bit of background? Tell me your class, relative stats, strengths, weaknesses, maybe a certain skill you possess? What are your weapons, armor, clothing. Tell me stuff!

DOUBLE EDIT:
That was fast. We have 8 fuzzies now. I'll probably let the mods in free cause... their mods... anyways I will try to do this in order. Luck folks.

RESULTS:
I will update this with more getting done.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:18:28 PM by Donnie »

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:09:23 AM
You bet your fuzzy tail I am in! my fursona fits quite well, and is very RPG-ish. Just check Virmir's gallery if you wanna take a look at my appearance.  [;) Link: http://art.by.virmir.com/art/trask
Character info below.
Name: Trask Kyuro
Background: A wandering lord of house Kyuro, who became sick of the corrupted nobility and royalty. Travels the world, aiding those of good intentions and alignment on their mission, strongly believes to always fight for those you hold dear.
Quote: "Never give up, always fight for your friends!"
Class: Mystic Fencer
Class Description: A quick-footed fighter who uses swords and spells to enhance allies, and defeat enemies! Uses Magic Fencing job command to unleash various kinds of magic and sword skills. (Skills can be used with any weapon, but recieve a boost with rapier, saber, katana, ninja sword, and sword class weapons.)
Can equip: Daggers, Swords, Rapiers, Sabers, Katanas, Ninja Swords, Staves, Rods, Dictionaries(Books), Poles, Polearms, Hammers, Bows, Crossbows, Light Armor, Robes, and Shields.
Stats: Brave: 80 Faith: 75 (If there are more please note me).
Strengths: High speed (tends to go first or one of the first), High Evasion and Magic Evasion, High Magic stats, High MP, Quick charge of spells, High critical chance, High chance to hit, High move and jump, resists all elements (except ice).
Weaknesses: Low Defense, Ice elemental attacks.
Special Skill(s): Inherent Counter reaction, Strikes twice without double sword ninja skill, Abandon ninja reaction, Absorbs MP of spell affecting self, HP and MP restored slightly when moved, Red Mage double cast, can learn blue magic!
Weapon I use is an enchanted rapier.  [:)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:59:51 AM by Trask »

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10:16 AM
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:12:37 AM by 2dogsandaDJ »

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Evilhumour

• The possessor of the almighty tail snap
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • hehe
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10:44 AM
Can you make one, with a wolf? My clothing attire could be a cloak and my only weapon would be sword. If this is not enough, can you tell me so I can adjust it.

http://toonartist.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d38a6mb
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:12:29 AM by Evilhumour »

(07:46:59) Robak: watch the horns they are pointy
(22:04:28) Risu: omg, its raining antimuffins!
(00:42:42) * (Rage_plushie) doesn`t move. instead he ponders the secrets of the universe...and wonders why trask smells faintly of strawberries.
(00:36:36) Virmir: It's fattening celergy!

Xandalstrokl

• The Moving Mountain
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • I like Swords.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:12:48 AM
Sounds like fun. if you could add me that would be pretty cool. so far all i got is the picture virmir had drawn as a reference. if you could put me in try and put me in the back with gauntlets or  Battle axe.

the reference:  http://art.by.virmir.com/art/xandalstrokls_axe\

this sounds like a great idea for a Mod as well.
:3

Class: Monk
Strengths:Quick Fierce blows and combos, high atk, easy to retreat and heal
Weaknesses: slow to use magic, high magic cost, low dexterity
Equipment: Gauntlets, leg bracers(lol shinguard's) , iconic black wristband :3
Element: Earth/water

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:35:57 AM by Xandalstrokl »

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 12:16:43 AM
I'm up for this. Just make me in whatever pose ya like. I don't need any armor, although I do need my sledge. I wanna be a dragoon! With a spear! Here's the reference: http://art.by.virmir.com/art/draykin . Fire does not need to be included, and I don't mind if it isn't. Don't want you working too hard. Also, could you please make me short? I hate being tall.

Class: Battlemage Dragoon
Strengths: Can take more damage than a normal mage and handle self in close combat. Lots of AoE. Is an excellent jumper and can impale with his spear.
Weaknesses: Weaker against single targets. Not much ranged abilities. No heals. Cannot handle himself well in small spaces, due to need to use spear and mobility.
Equipment: Sledgehammer. Spear.
Element(s): Fire/Darkness
Elemental Weakness: Ice/Water
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:05:23 PM by Draykin »

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 12:17:39 AM
I think I'd like to be in, using this guy, armed with a shotgun as a bit of a nod to a certain character of Virmir's.  {;)

Class: Scientist
HP: Poor
MP:None/very poor
ATK: Very good
DEF: Poor
MAG: Poor
MDF: Average/good
SPD: Excellent
AGL: Good
LCK: Average
VIT: Poor

Skills: Gadget{shotgun, auto shotgun, flamethrower}
Summary: squishy DPS
Strong against: Magic, squishy characters
Weak against: Physical attacks, heavy hitters
Equipment: Guns 'n gadgets, coats, hats, cloth/leather.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:34:28 AM by Digital Vulpine »

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Kasimir

• Yet another toon-furry grey fox
  • Dammit.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 12:18:50 AM
Is there still room left?

http://crimsonflagcomic.com/forum/index.php?topic=824.0

Risu would use various lightning elemental attacks and stuff. I dunno what else to say.

"Mission taken!" [:P

Anter

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 12:26:50 AM
I you think i'd fit, I'd like to be included in this.

I don't have a reference, but it would be a brighter gold bat character with a dark brown muzzle and dark brown long hair (muzzle fur goes up to join with the hair colorwise).

General black robe, purple rune on the ground possibly to signify being a void mage.

Class: Void Mage
Stats: Primarily powerful magic, HP, and movement. Low armor, high Res, No mana. Uses HP to cast spells, but has a no cost 'drain' spell for minor damage.
Uses a small curved blade, no armor or other weapons.

Rest is up to you Donnie!

Pontos

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 12:39:24 AM
Ok so, Ethaniel using Tod's armor with the flap things Cirrulean added in his version (For an anime feeling considering how this is inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics :P), and with the Glaive.

Class would be of course Lancer/Spearman, based on the weapon i use.

For stats/Weekness/strenghts, he would be a dexterous character with strength as a close second.
Compared with Tvorsk, I would have a bit less HP, a bit more MP, more dexterity and less strength.

Kasimir

• Yet another toon-furry grey fox
  • Dammit.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Eehhh, on second thought, take my RQ out for now. Someone else's character deserves it more than I do. I don't wanna waste their slot.

(Rats, and I bumped over my own topic. ><;;, )

"Mission taken!" [:P

mathgrant

• View Profile
    • A Cleverly-Titled Logic Puzzle Blog
Eehhh, on second thought, take my RQ out for now. Someone else's character deserves it more than I do. I don't wanna waste their slot.

(Rats, and I bumped over my own topic. ><;;, )

I'm tempted, if I can finish this post on time, to ask for my foxger kitsune character Kitsunaguma now. Details forthcoming, if someone more deserving doesn't want art.

Kitsunaguma's reference artwork is here and here (on the right). I don't know what class he is, but it's probably a mage or something. Offensively, Kitsunaguma prefers to attack with his tails; the red-tipped one has fire powers, the cyan-tipped one is ice, and the yellow-tipped one is lightning. (The white-tipped tail has been retconned into not having an elemental power.) When attacking, the specified element will shoot out of the corresponding tail; for this reason, Kitsunaguma often holds the tail in front of him with his paws when attacking, because more often than not, the enemy is in front of him. His preferred melee attack is to stab or slash with his sharp claws. Defensively, Kitsunaguma has thick hide due to being part badger. He has excellent speed and agility, as well; as such, his other stats should probably be at most medium or poor so I can't be accused of god modding or something. :P Kitsu also wears no armor. . . or clothes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:05:30 AM by mathgrant »

(17:35:45) * (PineapplesOfAmbiguity) wonders what cannibalism tastes like
(17:36:13) mathgrant: Soylent Yellow is pineapple!
(17:36:23) (PineapplesOfAmbiguity): ...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Fizzie

• Crimson Flag Fan
  • "Dont Fear The Dark....Fear What It Hides."
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 01:20:10 AM
if you decide to put more on after you get this batch done, im up for letting Fizzie in on this :P

as for refs...you got more then enough XD

as for his powers or weapons...i will be talking to you about those later :P

Your resident 8-tailed Fennec Kitsune

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 01:36:51 AM
Dang...I always miss out on these things...

If you were making more sprites, I might offer to code a simple script to cycle through them...It wouldn't be that hard, given that art assets are (and always have been) what takes me the longest.

I might make that offer, anyway...but not just yet.

Cirr

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
    • My DA gallery
Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 05:13:43 AM
Well, I would like to join too. ^^
My bunneh boy is not a fighter, so I guess one of my OC would be more efficient.
Since you already battled against Vind, why not using him?
I admit I would love to see him as a game sprite. :)

Here's the sheet.

Name : Vind Lumnis
Class : Wind Grand Auramaster
Level : 50
Exp : 25

Brave : 45
Faith : 15

Element: Wind

HP: Very low
MP : low
AGL: Good (Excellent when using his aura)
SPD : Excellent (Insane when using his aura)
Luck : normal

Skills : Multiple sword strikes and combos.
Skills (Aura): Windslash, High jumps, Windboost, Sword rain, Windshield, Wings.

Burst : Whirlwind

Weapon : Aurablade (sword) "Espoir"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:46:34 AM by Cirrulean »