Author Topic: Virmir's Video Game Collection! (massive image show-off warning!)  (Read 37294 times)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Due to overwhelming demand, a vain attempt to make this forum seem active, and because it's my blasted website, I shall now bore everyone with images of my video game collection.

Bwa ha ha ha...

The primary game shelf!  Details below.

My NES games!  As of this post I have 108 (a few more are on the bottom shelf).  65 of them are my "definite keepers" shown here stacked horizontally.  The ones turned on the side are from a recent Ebay lot I haven't gotten around to cleaning/testing yet.  The duplicates and utter rubbish go on the bottom shelf. ;)

SNES games (right) and my paltry Genesis and Nintendo 64 collections.  Super Nintendo is my favorite system. :)  I have 58 of those, the 39 keepers shown here.

Bunch of empty game boxes and my Atari cartidges on the right.  Most of them are 2600 games except for a few 7800's.  Most of the Atari 2600 games I picked up for 50 cents or less. ;)  Adventure, Breakout, Indy 500, and Combat are all awesome.

Blargh.  The crap shelf.  Well not totally, as duplicate games also go here and I have a few good ones.  This is stuff I'll get rid of eventually to make room for better stuff. ;)

My disc based game collection.  There's room for more, obviously. ;)  These are newer games of course, so I'm not quite up to speed with them yet.  The top two shelves are Playstation games, which I've really grown an affinity for in the past two years.  Below that we have my tiny Dreamcast collection (plus a few CD-Rs... shhhh... ;) ) Then of course my Playstation 2 and Gamecube games.

The TV and console set up!  Television is used strictly for video games in my house mind you.  ;)

Here are the consoles lucky enough to live in the entertainment center thing.  Their positioning doesn't imply favoritism-- just the right size and cable connector locations. ;)

From top left to bottom right, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Playstation 2, Gamecube (with Game Boy Advance player thing), and Dreamcast.  And yes, these are all hooked to the TV at once via my handy (daisy-chained) switchboxes. ;)

To the right of the television!  Details below.

The remaining three consoles and the ye olde VCR that hasn't been used in 5 years.  Nintendo 64, Nintendo Entertainment System, and the thing on the right is an Atari 7800 (which also plays 2600 games).

Nintendo Power magazines!  I have about 140 of them.  I canceled my subscription way back when they were moving from the Nintendo 64 to the Gamecube era.  I didn't get a Gamecube until last year so it was kinda pointless to continue. ;)

Here we can see my framed conglomeration of Nintendo Power posters and treasure chest. :)

Keep all my controllers in easy to reach bins. ;)

The treasure chest opens!  After the blinding golden light subsides, one can see it's just a bunch of AC adapters and extra controllers and junk. ;)

I've another treasure chest next to the couch!  Which is handy for placing my drink and veggie snack dish on during gaming sessions.  It actually isn't that dirty-- the flash made it seem that way.  You should believe what I am telling you and not what you see.

Nice sweeping view of the setup.  That's my 17" laptop in which I make the comic on, by the way.  Although I do real work in bed and not in the gaming room, of course. ;)

The second chest opens!  That's the left over innards of PS2s back from when I was buying broken ones and attempting to fix them.  We also have a Sega 32x add-on, an Atari 2600 Jr. (retired since I got my 7800) and a model 1 Sega Genesis, which really looks a whole lot cooler than the model 2 I have hooked up.

The six NES Mega Man games!  I love these, especially 2 and 3.  I got all of them in my childhood except for number 5, which was a recent ebay purchase to complete the set. :)

Final Fantasy games!  Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES is my favorite game of all time, followed by number 2. :)  Don't have any newer than number 9 yet.

Game Boys!  Lots of good memories with the brick in the upper left.  Thrown in are my Pokemon games, which of course are the second reason the Gameboy is awesome. (The first of course being Tetris.)

Well blast... that's about enough for now.  Hope these pictures were at least somewhat enjoyable. :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 06:48:52 PM by Virmir »

[fox] Virmir

ShazerFox

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Total gamer-girl magnet room right there, dude.  ;o)

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Dang, yo. At least I can still take pride in the fact that I have more Sega Genesis AND Ps2 games than you do. But still....that's a LOT, LOT, LOT of old-school games. o.o. All this was so not my generation. >.<. Do you still collect old games now?

I used to have a brick....I miss it now. it was nice while it lasted. But now I don't have anything in the portable gaming section above a Game Boy Advance. Un-sp. Meeeeeh. >.<

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Total gamer-girl magnet room right there, dude.  ;o)

Oh please.  As if such a person exists. ;)

Quote from: Lopez
Dang, yo. At least I can still take pride in the fact that I have more Sega Genesis AND Ps2 games than you do. But still....that's a LOT, LOT, LOT of old-school games. o.o. All this was so not my generation. >.<. Do you still collect old games now?

Cool!  Feel free to start your own show-off thead if you want.  We need more topics. ;)

Probably 75% of this I acquired in the past three years.  My primary focus is retro games, but I'll pick up newer stuff if it's both interesting and cheap.  I don't really collect with a goal in mind.  Mainly because it's fun to get a box of junk on Ebay or a flea market and discover gems I had no idea about.  I didn't spend a whole lot on it all either.  The NES games probably average out to $1.50 - $2.00 each.  Lots of times I'll nab a random Playstation game for under $5 or so just to check it out, etc.   It's a far less expensive hobby than messing with the modern stuff.  And more fun too. ;)

[fox] Virmir

Blazkowicz

• Newcomer
  • Silent but Deadly
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 03:29:24 AM
Uh, wow... that's like... HOLY %$^^&$%^& THATS A ^$%*$& LOAD OF GAMES!!! 0_0

I must say it shows you love your old school games. It's cool you can have so many though, and get them for such a reasonable price. And Im sure it's cheaper than modern day gaming.

As for me, modern day gaming has grasped my soul. (PS3/Wii) CURSE YOU CALL OF DUTY 4!!!!

Sadly, I really didn't play the old school game systems much (or it could be that I was just too young to have any interest). I only played Super Mario Bros and Duck hunt on the NES and Jurassic Park and Pilotwings on the SNES.

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
you are my hero of video gaming. 

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Huh! I thought I had replied to this topic... apparently not ]:P

In the end, this is all your fault Virmir, I would have never asked you to play Advance Wars If I didn't see the box on the shelf. You brought all this awesomeness and time-wastage upon yourself  ];)

(and your dragging us down with you....hehehe ]:) )

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Bwa ha ha ha...

Looking back at these pics, not much has changed in the past 7 months.  Only got a handful of new PS2 games.  I should come back and update this thread every October, though.  Remind me! [:)

[fox] Virmir

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
I should come back and update this thread every October, though.  Remind me! [:)

Haha allrighties!  ]:)

MHD

• Level 6 geek, Level 3 hacker, Level 1 student.
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • 165cm well-dressed kitsune, 5 tails, acts dandily.
    • View Profile
Oh gods. Awesome.

Anyway, I can only boast with having a collection of little over a hundred computergames atm.

And a completely worn out GBA (srsly. None of the buttons are working) along with the N64 I got for chrismas 1999 (or was it 98? gods, I was 8 years old back then).

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.

Feathertail

• Crimson Flag Fan
  • Writing is flight!
    • View Profile
    • Tachyon Feathertail's LiveJournal
Whoo, much admiring of well-kept collection. ^.^

I used to have a ton of old video games, including a giant box full of Atari 2600 games, boxes and manuals. Then I sold them all because I was really only playing Final Fantasy XI Online on my PS2. Now it's my only game console, and I keep all my PS1 / PS2 games on a tiny shelf with a tiny TV on top, next to my tiny desk and the tiny subnotebook I use. I should post pictures!

That shelf also has a bunch of old Windows games, but the only ones I can remember that're worth playing are Portal, some Myst games (I'll get around to beating Riven and Exile someday), and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. And maybe Civ IV, but Alpha Centauri is much better. I just kinda wish that I'd bought the Linux version when I had the chance! That'd be one less reason for me to be trying to get a copy of Windows right now.

Incidentally, Pokemon and FFTA are win. ^.^

Tree swallow avatar pic by Millislim!

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 06:21:53 PM
Your collection is made of win and- FFIX! :D The greatest of the series!

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 09:31:25 PM
FFIX!  The greatest of the series!
YES YES YES!

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 07:21:30 PM
I should come back and update this thread every October, though.  Remind me! [:)

Hey Virmir! Its OCTOBER! You should update this thread with more pictures (YAY pictures) of all the awesome games you've gotten! 
* KaiAdin never forgets to poke someone ];)

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 08:36:56 PM

Hey Virmir! Its OCTOBER! You should update this thread with more pictures (YAY pictures) of all the awesome games you've gotten! 
* KaiAdin never forgets to poke someone ];)
we demand an update!

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.