Author Topic: Fate of Being Me  (Read 5422 times)

Degens

• Newcomer
  • The bad scientist
    • View Profile
on: July 16, 2014, 11:40:49 AM
Author's note:
CZM asked me for my origin story, so I decided to write it up. This is part One. I figured I'd write it in a way that explained why I had nanites in the first place. I haven't written a story in a while so please bear with me.
particle. My theory was simple. Minimize the size by having larger ones build smaller ones in
a loop until ordered to stop. They were made to be very small receivers with legs and arms in
order to minimize size. It worked. I set the frequency so they would only respond to orders
from me.
I figured I'd run the test on myself. Now I know why scientists never do that. I
figured that if I could run the test on myself, I made it perfect. The first test went great.
I made myself look a little bit different to confirm that they worked. The next test, I
decided to stretch the limits. I decided to become an animal but remain in a humanoid form to
stay able to use the controls for the nanites. That worked well. I turned into a grey fox.
Unfortunately for me, the only thing I forgot to add a save function to save my
original form. I guess it is fortunate that that was the ONLY thing, but nevertheless, my
original body doesn't exist anymore. I can't recover it.
I quickly realized that if anyone knew about my predicament the government would come
and take my invention and kill this thing I made myself, so I packed up my robots and
anything that could help me survive, and ran.
When I rested, I wrote in the code for the save function. When I wasn't running, I
was perfecting, writing, and building. I ran for what must have been years. I found news
papers on my run. I had been declared missing soon after the tests. When I found that I was
declared dead, I accepted my fate. I became used to my body soon after. Used to my fur, my
ears, my tail. I accepted my fate of being me.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:35:06 AM by Degens »

CZM

• Cleo Alverick
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi all~
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:01:43 PM
Nods*  {:(

"i was being ignored by everyone and alone again... it's hurt..., but... clemaxgra was pets my head from behind for cheer me...." (CZM) :)

Degens

• Newcomer
  • The bad scientist
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 05:32:46 AM
Don't be sad,  CZM. It's a story.

CZM

• Cleo Alverick
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi all~
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 06:24:27 AM
i know... but this story make me sad...

"i was being ignored by everyone and alone again... it's hurt..., but... clemaxgra was pets my head from behind for cheer me...." (CZM) :)

Degens

• Newcomer
  • The bad scientist
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 11:21:48 AM
*hugs CZM* it's okay, brother. *starts petting *

CZM

• Cleo Alverick
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi all~
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 03:55:50 PM
*Hugs back

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:21:32 PM
Well fortunately you picked a good test form!

[fox] Virmir