Author Topic: Foxgamer01: Jackal TF  (Read 4214 times)

foxgamer01

• Solid Fox, Daren Crevan
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Allons-Y
    • View Profile
    • Foxgamer01 of DA
on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:34 PM
Well, here's the next story in the Medicus Transformation Stories. Sorry it took awhile. But now it's here (finally).

Anyways, enjoy.

Edited by Greyhound1211

Ho-Oh TF: http://foxgamer01.deviantart.com/art/Ho-Oh-TF-157748151
Lugia TF: http://foxgamer01.deviantart.com/art/Lugia-TF-162138493
Fox and Wolf TFs: http://crimsonflagcomic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1299.0
Dragon TF: (Can't post link.)
Werewolf TF: (Can't post link.)
Husky TF: http://crimsonflagcomic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1300.0
Griffin TF: http://crimsonflagcomic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1287.0
Califox TF or HILTSWAHAE: http://foxgamer01.deviantart.com/art/Califox-TF-or-HILTSWAHAE-305615081
Jackal TF: Here

-----

Luke stared at the laptop amidst the noise of the people around him chatting about nothing useful. Just the same old dribble these people constantly pour out with no rhyme or reason. He sighed, wondering how these humans got here while carrying pointless crap the size of Texas in their heads. He then shook his head and continued reading that news displayed on the screen.

“Stupid people,” Luke muttered as he eats a slice of pizza. “How the Hell did a nuclear meltdown happen that far north in Canada? Especially since it can’t power anything there.”

The news had been out for a week now and yet everyone was still talking about it. A secret nuclear reactor high north in Canada, constructed to discover how to minimize nuclear waste, has had a meltdown. The worst one since Chernobyl. Canada reacted quickly to clean it up with the assistance of the US, who had been working discreetly with it's Northern Neighbor to build it. Both publicly announced the meltdown soon afterwards and apologized for the disaster. Already, they have been sending relief money on the tide of the upcoming nuclear fallout.

Still, even with such a disaster, life marched on as usual.

Luke shook his head as he started to turn off his laptop.

‘Nothing has been learned!’ he thought. ‘People continued to do stupid stuff like that! And I doubt that these humans will ever learn!'

Luke put away his laptop as he sighed heavily. He looked at his mostly uneaten pizza and continued to pick at it as he discreetly scanned the lunchroom. It used to be mostly empty, but, ever since it has been renovated, people flocked to it, as if it was the cool place now. The floor, once dirty and gray, has been changed to squares of black and white from wall to wall. Part of the entrance to the lunchroom, which separated it from the coffee room, has been torn partially down and the coffee and lunchroom were now one and the same in order to expand the usable area. The rest of that wall has been revealed to have its old mascot, a dingo, and it was thus repainted. The rest of the walls in the combined room, which used to be brown, has been painted white and has been plastered with sports posters.

Luke finished his pizza and sighed. ‘I know the intention of the remodeling was to attract the students back in the lunchroom, but the old version has a sort of charm to it that I can barely remember. But the dingo looks good, perhaps the only good thing to come to this remodeling. I guess I want my privacy back since everyone wants to be here. I should just find another place, but I guess I’m too stubborn to find one.’

He then got up, slinging the heavy rucksack over his shoulder, and walked away, carrying his paper plate to a garbage bin to dispose of it. As he walked to the exit, he felt a presence right behind him. He sighed loudly and turned around.

“Please don’t try to sneak up behind me again, Matt,” Luke demanded, his tone harsh as steel.

Matt took a step back, his eyes wide. “How did you kn—”

“Your mere presence is a disturbance in the force,” Luke sarcastically said, straightening up his backpack. “Now, what do you want? Wait, don’t tell me. You want me to play another game of DnD, right?”

Matt shifted his feet uneasily as he scratched the back of his head, the black hair feeling tense. “Yeah. After all, you’re the best DnD player in the campus.”

“Then the answer is no,” Luke bluntly stated, his green eyes glaring at Matt’s brown eyes. “I’ve retired from playing that game months ago. I’m not playing it again.”

“B-but Luke,” Matt blurted out as Luke turned away. “I’m no good alone.”

“Live with it,” Luke coldly replied and walked away, not looking back.

Matt looked at the floor as Luke quicken his pace at getting out of there. As soon as got outside to the patio and he observed that no one was around to see him, he sat down on a nearby bench and sighed heavily. His palms pressed against his head as it wobbled in a bad headache and his body felt shaky.

‘Why did I say that to my friend?’ Luke thought to himself, trying to resist the tears. ‘We had good times playing DnD. Why do I feel sick and tired of playing it? Hell, now I can’t even look at my werewolf character anymore. Why am I feeling so depressed?

‘What am I thinking? I feel so confused and miserable now.’
Luke then wiped away what tears formed in his eyes. ‘Well, the only way to go is forward and hopes that everything will sort itself in the end.’

He got up, feeling the headache had passed on, as he looked at his watch.

“Well, twenty minutes until the bus gets to the bus stop,” Luke muttered to himself as he walked out of the patio, sighing.

He followed the sidewalk until it led him out of the college campus, having finished his classes for the day and only remained there for lunch since the only nearby place that has stuff he likes is McDonalds and they always messed up his simple orders. The rest of the buildings contained empty stores, with all of the signs took out leaving rectangles and vague words on the walls. It has been hit hard there.

Luke walked across the street as his eyes looked at the empty buildings and he saw something odd. He looked at it closer and he realized it looked like an empty store, but one that hasn’t been there before.

It looked shabby like, with a sign left on that said, ‘Rings and Plushies Store,’ with the door looking rather splintered. In fact, the door threatened to crumble at any moment. There was also a poster display of what looked like a dingo plush, but most of it's form is covered in grime and hard to discern.

Luke rolled his eyes at the place, “Looks like someone is playing a prank. A rather elaborate prank, but a prank, nonetheless.”

Luke turned away, but he felt a sort of pull in his legs, like they were tied up to a rope and someone was tugging it. Luke turned back to the store and gave it a quick skim over the store before sighing and walking towards it.

‘What the Hell. If it’s nothing, alright, but if it’s a prank, oh well,’ Luke thought as he walked up to the splintered door. He placed his hand on the doorknob, the only good thing from this store, and turned it. ‘After all, what’s the worst that can happen?’

He opened the door rather easily, arousing his suspicions, as a bell rung. He stared inside the store carefully, his eyes wide as his heart skipped a beat. It then beats at a faster rate, with the sound of blood flowing into his brain, and he breathed heavily. Despite what he saw, his legs moved him forward, as if they were under control of another, and he entered the store.

‘Oh. . . . That.’

Despite the appearance of the store on the outside, the inside was the opposite in many ways. The store was neat, filled up with lots and lots of rings and plushies on display and huge. The store seemed to go on for miles with hundreds of shelves and lanes. The ceiling itself look high up, with paintings of animals, fictional and nonfictional.

Luke looked around, his legs moving him forward automatically, even spinning him around, with his eyes filled with curiosity, until they saw an old fashion cashier, painted in gold, and a sign. He regained control of his legs and walked towards it.

Once he got close to it, he read:

‘Shop owner, Mr. Medicus, is not here right now. He will come back when he bloody comes.

DO NOT TOUCH THE PRODUCTS! This is important!

‘This store is not responsible for any damages to your clothes, your belongings, etc.’

“Okay, what . . .” Luke muttered as he placed his backpack right next to the cashier and sign and walked away into the stark silent store. “What harm can come by touching them? Though I wonder where this Mr. Medicus went, though.”

----One hour ago----

Mr. Medicus stood in front of his wonderful store, with bright signs and colors that stuck out like a sore thumb when compared to the other empty stores, straightening his bow tie as he looked around for possible customers. He grinned madly while he brushed his long black hair with his hand. His wild green eyes glimmered in the light while he held his tweed jacket like he’s a gentleman.

As he stood there, he observed a student, a lady, walking across the street directly instead of using the crosswalk. His boots twitches as he rubbed his chin before he walked towards the jaywalking student. She has left his sight when he heard a car screech and a thud. He quickly sprinted towards where the sound was, his face twisted with horror.

His jaw dropped in shock when he got there. The lady had been hit by a car, the driver had already left his car and was apologizing profusely to her unconscious as he picked her up and carried her off the road.

“What the Hell happened?” Mr. Medicus yelled in a British accent as the driver checked the student’s pulse.

The driver didn’t seem to hear him, only apologizing again and again to that lady.

Mr. Medicus rubbed his face, gritting his teeth, and said again, more loudly, “What the Hell had happened here!?”

The driver finally looked up at Mr. Medicus, tears streaming down his cheeks. “I-I hit her. I didn’t see her until it was too late. I-I wasn’t paying much attention because I thought that no one was in the way an-and I have a bit of a tunnel vision problem. I-I’m so sorry!”

Mr. Medicus sighed as he checked on the student. “No need to apologize to me. It’s her you need to apologize to and I think you said enough and I doubt that will gain you her forgiveness if you don’t call a doctor!”

The driver took a step back and nodded, pulling out a cell phone and called for an ambulance as Mr. Medicus rubbed her face. She was still alive and may yet still live.

“They’ll be here soon,” the driver said, putting away his phone.

“Good, good,” Mr. Medicus replied, standing up. “I’ll be right back.”

The man stared at Mr. Medicus as he ran off to his store. He quickly entered it, ran to his cashier’s desk, and pressed a button underneath it. There was a humming noise, but he pay no mind to it while he puts up a sign. Doubtless that anyone would come in, but just in case.

Mr. Medicus ran out of the store, the exterior now looked like the other empty stores, right down to the splinters and dusts.

“This is going to be a long day,” Mr. Medicus muttered as he runs back to the sight of the accident, away from his now shabby looking store.

----Presently----

Mr. Medicus sat on a sterile green chair as he looked at his golden wrist watch. He shook his head in frustration and looked around the waiting room of the hospital. It’s like torture, being alone most of the time. Oh, doctors and nurses walked by, but never said anything to him. Oh there was that driver, who named he learned was Andrew, but the police came and detained him as soon as they sat in here.

He tapped his boots impatiently, the super cleaned white floor, walls and ceiling echoing the sound, as he stared at the hallway. A doctor turned the corner at the end of the corridor and began to make his way towards the man. Mr. Medicus stood up, his heart beating quickly, as that doctor approached.

“How’s she doing?” Mr. Medicus asked, his face ridden with concerned.

But the doctor smiled. “Ms. Katherine Trepidus, while suffering several bruises, cuts, and a fractured leg and rib, will be alright. She’s tougher than she looks.”

Mr. Medicus sighed in relief as he sat back down. “That’s good to hear.”

“Sir, are you by any chance a close family friend of Katherine?” that doctor asked, looking through his notes.

Mr. Medicus shook his head as he waved his hands. “No, no, no! I’m just someone who was there at the right time.”

The doctor pondered for a moment. “Well, at any case, we’ll contact her parents about this.”

Mr. Medicus nodded and—

B-e-eeeeeeeee-e-e-t!! B-e-eeeeeeeee-e-e-t!!

Mr. Medicus eyes widen in shock as he pulled out some sort of Smartphone. He looked at the screen, his face paled. The doctor’s eyebrow rose, looking at Mr. Medicus.

“Sir?”

“I need to go!” Mr. Medicus whispered as he ran out as that doctor started in surprised.

Mr. Medicus dialed for a taxi as he thought angrily, ‘Bloody Hell! Someone is in my shop! I got to get back before that idiot touches the products, anything at all!’

-----

Luke walked down the seemingly endless aisle with one shelf filled with rings in glass cases and another shelf filled with plushies, with the plushies looking like all types of animals, real and fictional, and the rings in the shape of animals. His footsteps echoed throughout the store as he felt a chill behind the neck. He squirmed away from the plushies, feeling their lifeless stares were glaring at him, as if they disapprove of him wandering around, even though he likes plushies. But he only felt a little more comfort from the rings, which made him cold, and yet remained next to them.

His eyes skimmed the rings and saw their steel and gems for eyes reflected the light. The light felt even more colder, seeing the rings seemingly staring back at him, and was about to walked away from the rings when his eyes glimpses one.

The ring was some sort of caning, curled up in a circular motion, with green gems for eyes. The tail itself was long and big, easily making half of the ring, and its ears are half the size of its head. There was a sign next to it that said, ‘Jackal ring’.

Luke’s eyes stared at the ring, wide and glimmering, as his neck’s hair stood up. He felt tense, but his own curiosity overpowered it and he opened that case. He pulled that ring out, feeling light on his hand, and that curiosity was replaced with a desire to wear it. He held it up, hovering it over his finger, but remained still as fear began to sweep over him again. He looked behind him, his heart beating wildly, as if it was trying to pull him out of the store. But his legs remain still, like they were cemented to the floor. He looked ahead, with desire to wear it growing while fear left him, sighed, and puts it on.

Instantly he felt a jolt throughout his body and double forward before he found his balance again. His hand pressed against the glass display while he moaned, his eyes disoriented. He then felt another shock and he went down to his knees, feeling like he’s going to throw up any minute.

Crack!!

He winced as he felt excruciating pain in his hands, gritting his teeth. He stared at his hands and his eyes widen in horror. They were covered in thick hair, short at first, but grow longer. His nails lengthened and thickened as he groaned, feeling like his hands were being crushed. He turned his hands around and saw the palms’ skin was thickening into what looked like pads.

The hair, no . . . fur, was spreading up his arms, feeling like needles were piercing out of his skin. The fur was a light gray until they reached his elbows, were the fur darkened to a dark tan color on the outer part of his arms. The fur reached his chest and back as he felt to his side, gritting harder.

The whitish fur fluffed out of his chest as he screamed loudly, his hair changing color to a darkish tan. The white fur grew on his jaw as his ears felt like they were being torn off. The ears shifted up his head as they stretched to a more triangular shape with gray fur covering them on the outside and white fur on the inside.

Snap!!

His face grew fur, gray above the jawline, as his mouth and nose pushed out and he let out a gurgle. A few canine teeth fell out of his mouth and were quickly replaced by longer and sharper canine teeth as his nose darken and moisten. His muzzle became fully formed as he pants like a dog.

Crick!!

The muscles in his legs cramped up, like a giant pincer was crushing them, as he screamed loudly, echoing throughout the empty store. There were ripping sounds and patches of fur poked out of the holes. His feet creaked while feeling tight in his shoes, like the shoes themselves were shrinking, and soon the shoes and socks were torn apart by his feet, shaped like a canine’s backlegs.

He moaned as his tongue hung out of his mouth, feeling as dry as paper. He remained still, trying to relax—

Rip!!

His mouth opened to scream, with no sound coming out, as his back cracked loudly. He flopped onto his stomach as his back arched and he closed his mouth again, gritting his teeth. He felt something was poking inside the seat of his pants and tried to move his arms to pull his pants down, but they were too tired to do anything.

Crack!!

The seat of his pants exploded as something big, long, and fuzzy stretched out. It grew long, longer than his legs, as his vision became fuzzy and his hearing disappeared entirely. His eyes moved to close, but before they completely closed, he thought he saw a figure running towards him.

-----

Luke’s eyes opened slowly, with everything he saw a blurry mix of black and blue. But his vision cleared up quickly and lifted his head. The room he was in was dark, but with a few glowing lights right next to him, one which displays numbers. He stared at it as realization dawned in him.

“Oh crap!” Luke examined as he threw off a blanket that was covering him. “I’m going to be late for that bus!”

He got off of that bed he was laying on, but stumbled and fell after taking two steps towards the door. He hit the floor with a thud, with his hand falling right in front of him. He stared at it and memories flooded back to him.

He examined his hands and arms, which were covered in fur. He rolled himself up and looked at his chest, with fluffy fur poking out of his shirt. He then stared at his feet, which were digitigrade, paw-like, not human at all. He continued to feel the muzzle on his skull, the ears on his scalp, even the long tail, which instinctively curled up around him.

“H-how did this happen?!” Luke cried out to no one in particular.

“Because you didn’t wait,” a British sounding voice answered as Luke’s ears perked up and he looked around. “As a result, you didn’t learn that my products could transform you if you hold or wear them.”

“Your products?” Luke remarked, tilting his head. “You’re the owner of that store?”

“Correct,” the voice replied with a tone of amusement. “The name’s Mr. Undecim Medicus the fantastic.”

“Sure you are,” Luke sarcastically said as he looked around again. “Where are you? Hell, where am I?”

Luke’s ears twitched as they heard footsteps and a door opening. Light poured out, causing Luke to wince, as he looked at the source of the light. There stood a man in the doorway, which reminded Luke of a closet door, looking somberly at Luke, who moved away from him.

“Right here in my shop,” the man replied, leaning next to the doorway. “As for where you are, don’t you recognized it? It’s your apartment bedroom, Luke.”

Luke’s eyes widen as he stood up and, staring at the light switch right next to the other door and flicked it on. Light shined into the room as Luke’s mouth opened, but no sound came out.

It was his apartment bedroom as Luke’s fur on his cheeks twitches as if blushing. Posters of wolves and coyotes shined in the light, with one poster featuring a large drawing of a Pokenon. The bed’s blanket was a fox, with several of the canines’ plushies on his bed, forming a sort of pillow mountain. A laptop sat on his desk with stickers of dingoes and otters on it. Right above the laptop was a pen drawn painting of a jackal, its eyes gleamed. One which he produced.

Luke’s ears flattened as Mr. Medicus remarked, “Though I have to admit, I haven’t expected this to be your bedroom. After all, all the other rooms have nothing.”

“Shut up,” Luke coldly responded as he sat on his bed, rubbing his head. “I don’t recall giving you permission to look into my stuff. And how did you know my name?”

Mr. Medicus sighed and shook his head. “I don’t recall giving you permission to touch my products,” Mr. Medicus reminded Luke, who winced at the words. “Besides, you owe me $18.79. As for knowing your name, Luke Schakal, I had to look into your wallet to find your ID so I can find your home and take you there. This reminds me!” Mr. Medicus went back in for a few seconds before coming out with Luke’s wallet and backpack. “Man, your pack’s heavy. Do you have two laptops?!”

Luke remained silent, with legs curling up and tail curled up around him.

“Well, I guess I can put these here,” Mr. Medicus stated to nobody in particular as he put them next to the closet door. “Anyways, here’s a basic summary since I can sense that you have a series of questions to ask. I can use my shop to take me anywhere and everywhere as long as there’s an empty room with no one there. My little shop is powered by Athrú technologies. It is a mix of magic and science, which bleeds into my products. The Athrú were a very mischievous species for their time when it comes to the art of transforming, which is why you changed into a jackal. The Athrú are dead, save for a couple, and they’ve given me the means to change you back if you want to.”

Luke’s mind felt dizzy and he flattened his ears. He sensed Mr. Medicus walked in and sat next to him. Luke felt a hand was placed on his shoulder as he sighed.

“Sorry sir,” Luke whimpered, squeezing himself smaller.

“Hey, don’t feel bad,” Mr. Medicus said softly. “I’m not really angry. Annoyed, but not angry.”

“It’s not that,” Luke responded, shifting away from Mr. Medicus. “I always get bouts of depressions like this, especially when I've screwed up.”

“Oh,” Mr. Medicus said sadly, now rubbing Luke’s shoulder. “I-I didn’t realize—”

“It’s alright. Heh. It’s silly, isn’t it?” Luke remarked as he hugged his legs. “Me, someone who’s shown to be childish in the inside, as you can see.” He gestured around the room. “While others see me as someone silent and cool on the outside. And yet,” Luke lays his head on his knees, “and yet, I feel no satisfaction in either of my sides. Best gamer on the state along with best employee out there with best human and the most accepting in here, they called me. But,” Tears began to swell in his eyes, “I feel like that, despite all that, I’m just a nasty person whose lonely and hurt whoever's close to me. I’ve let myself slack off on what I needed because I’m—”

Luke gasped as he felt Mr. Medicus hugging him. Luke stared at him, ears folded back and tears rolling through his fur, matting it down, before hugging back, putting his legs down and uncurling his tail around him.

“Shh, shh. It’s OK,” Mr. Medicus whispered, looking at Luke’s eyes before hugging him again. They remained like that for a few minutes in silence before Mr. Medicus said, “Well, perhaps you could work with me. At least until you felt that your issues are at rest at last.”

“Really?” Luke asked as his eyes widened. “But, seeing that you could go anywhere, how long would I be gone?”

Mr. Medicus smiled slyly. “I forgot to mention. My little shop can travel through time as well, so no time at all.”

Luke’s ears flipped up in surprised as Mr. Medicus extended his hand.

“So what do you say?” the fantastic shopkeeper asked.

Luke stared at the hand for a few seconds, tilting his head a bit before grabbing it and shaking it. Mr. Medicus jumped up in glee, helping Luke up while grinning like a madman.

“Great! Now, let me explain the history of my shop,” Mr. Medicus said as he lead Luke into the shop, who was smiling.

(19:14:28) Virmir: All of Foxgamer's pics are either super happy or BATTLE.
(19:14:53) Virmir: Except that one roo one.
--

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 08:12:18 PM
Not bad! Is there more to it? It really feels like part one of something longer since the guy is getting set up to help run the shop and all. Honestly that's the part that gets me interested here, so would like to read more!

[fox] Virmir

foxgamer01

• Solid Fox, Daren Crevan
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Allons-Y
    • View Profile
    • Foxgamer01 of DA
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 09:02:36 PM
Not bad! Is there more to it? It really feels like part one of something longer since the guy is getting set up to help run the shop and all. Honestly that's the part that gets me interested here, so would like to read more!

Actually, yes. There is more. In fact, I've just written a basic 3 part story arc plot that I'll write as soon as I complete my part of the art trade I'm in. {;)

(19:14:28) Virmir: All of Foxgamer's pics are either super happy or BATTLE.
(19:14:53) Virmir: Except that one roo one.
--