Author Topic: A Short, Silly Story.  (Read 8516 times)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
on: November 04, 2009, 07:49:18 PM
I basically decided to write this today, and finished writing it very quickly... it was fun, and, as I said.. silly.

A Silly Story
By Fenrs Wolf

Fenrs woke up.
And when he woke up, he realised something.
He was very hot. "Curse you, Florida warmness! cuuuuurse yooooouuuu... blargh."
He got up out of bed and crossed his room into the hall, going in the direction of the kitchen to get some breakfast.
Upon entering, the pantry is opened and a bowl of cereal is poured. So early into the story, Fenrs looks directly at the audience, and breaks the fourth wall.
"Thought I'd make a sandwich, didn't you? well I don't live of the things, I just like them a lot.."
After the consumption of breakfast, and still only awake enough to qualify as a zombie on the alertfulness meter. (the old shamblers, not those crazy zombies that can actually run.)
He turned on his computer, and as he reached down to type, realised his hands were unusually grey. They were also furry. This took him a few seconds to actually get to his brain.
He blinked, as the observation suddenly made itself known.

"...HOLY FRIG!"
A quick examination later he realised he was an anthromorphic grey wolf, just like on the internet.
"There is only one appropriate respone to this..." he said, in the most serous tone he could muster.
"and that respone is.... YES!!!"
And there was much rejoicing.
After the silly wolf had calmed down a bit, he realised he was drasically low on snack food, and went out to go buy some more.
Entering the convienience story showed that nobody actually payed any attention to him, despite the fact that he had changed..
They must not be able to see I've changed... weird. But, hey... works for me. makes going out in public easier anyway.
Quickly the snacks were retrieved, bought, taken home, and put away, save for the chips. Those were being eaten.
A knocking came at the door. "Wonder who that could be..."
Fenrs got up and checked through the little hole at the top of the door to see who was outside. it appeared to be a cosplayer. In any case, he had a sheathed sword on his back, freakishly spiky hair, and a getup that was definately of an anime style. Nothing else gets similar. "No harm in talking to them, I guess. probably needs directions.."
Fenrs opened to door. "Greetings.. ah.. whoever you are. Why are you here?"
The stranger looked up dramatically, and said: "I am Fergal, slayer of disturbances in the universe!"
"Never heard of the show.. um, are you convinced you are a character from an anime show or just having fun messing with people's minds or something?"

"I told you, I am Fergal! I have come to destroy you, for you are supposed to be human!" He looked at the reader(s) and said: "You're getting this, right?"
"Er. We really aren't breaking the fourth wall again, are we?"
"Yes. We are. Deal with it."
"Ehh... whatever, I guess, Mr. I kill people for fun."
"Shut up."
"So, you're here to kill me then, are you?"
"Yes. I just said that."
"So I'm Fenrs, then, in all my wholeness."
"Yes! and you must be destroyed!"
"Neat. Unfortunately, that means I have all my powers!"
"Oh. Crap. I forgot about those."

"And now I can do something I only hoped to do before, a small wish from my past!"
"Which is?"
"The REFERENCE ATTACK!"
"...what?"
Fenrs suddenly thrust his arm to the side, a motion purely for fun and to help him measure where he was going. A gravitational field near his hand began to draw everything towards it, save for himself, as he created an equal and opposite force against it to cancel it out.
"Watch me while I gravitate, ha ha ha ha ha!"
"Good lord, the nerdiness... it burns." He instantly drew his sword, fighting against the gravity well. "I'll slay you before you get the chance again, with my might sword Extravga!"
"It's only a model."
"Gaaaahhh... stop that..."
"I reference things all the time! get used to it, or I will taunt you a second time!"
"Okay, seriously... just... stop.. this is getting ridiculous."
"It's not even funny."
"Nobody is going to get that.."
"Regardless! Behold, my amazing attack- Dynamite With A Lase-"
"STOOOOP THAAAAT!"
Fenrs glared at the attacker for a bit, before answering; "..fine..."
Fenrs decided, that, rather than attack, he would send his opponent to another universe. doing so gave him a horrible headache, but at least he wouldb e left alone. He logged onto one of his games and a friend sent him a message.

'So wat's up?'
'Not much' was the simple reply.
Fenrs looked at the audiance, breaking the fourth wall forthe last time in this story. "Well, thanks for reading this story. I feel silly for writing it but I wrote it anyway, all on impluse. My desire to reference is shown here quite well I think.. as well as what I would actually do in this sort of situation, even if it isn't that realistic. Or what i think I would do... and, no. you're not allowed to know what happened during the rejoicing, except that I was celebrating."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 08:11:01 PM by Fenrs »

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

D. Ein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:56:51 PM
Sweet little story. :P

You should break it up into paragraphs for easier reading. Also, at the end, I was extremely confused because I did not know who was talking to whom. '"...fine..." said Fenrs' would have been better. =)

Keep it up!

!!!! , ...

Subject No. III VI +

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 08:01:12 PM
Ah, thanks! broke it up into paragraphs and made it easier to tell who was saying what at the "..fine..." line.

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:15:23 PM
Hehehe, Monty python and a old song reference! I'm surprised that's all!

What went on during the rejoicing?

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:04:11 PM
Ha ha... fun and silly. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 10:09:29 AM
Lol...there's so much light-hearted material here now! ]:) I don't have to critically analyze anymore! ]:)

As others said...yes, breaking up the story into paragraphs divided by empty lines helps the reader follow the story better while reading online.

In addition, an interesting idea would be instead of using "The Audience", use "You" instead. So, instead of "Fenrs looked at the audience", it would be "Fenrs looked at you" It gives the story a bit more of a personal feeling, if that's what you're going for. Good Job, I look forward to reading more!

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!