Author Topic: A little faerie dust goes a long way...  (Read 4627 times)

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
on: June 15, 2011, 11:43:28 PM
New transformation story trade done for Draykin, about the after effects of a little accident at Kenku's shop. Simple yet silly, and yes you can guess where this could so evily lead :P.

---------

It was a beautiful day at “William’s Wonder Drinks”, and Kenku the shopkeeper hummed a happy tune as he wiped his desk. Business had been good, as both old customers and new customers journeyed in and out of the store, some looking the same as they did, others looking “different”.

All in all, a good day, although a busy one, leaving the grey fox no time to take care of smaller tasks, as one look at his cluttered shop floor showed. A shipment of imported goods had just come in, and while he had been able to get them most of the goods on the shelves, much of the shipping materials still sat on the floor.

Looking at the stuff with a sigh, Kenku got up and started to pick up some of the materials off the floor. As he did, the swinging of the door and the ringing of the bell signaled a new customer. Looking up he saw a small Island Fox looking back at him, with a smile on his face.

“Hey Draykin” Kenku said as he looked back at him. “What brings you to my place?”
   “Medik said you had a drink I might want to try, so I figured I’d take up the offer.”

“Oh sure, give me one sec.” Kenku said and turned to go back to the counter. In the process of doing this, he tripped over one of the shipping boxes, and ended up tumbling into a nearby shelf. The shelf suddenly began to rock, and stuff began tumbling off it onto the floor.

In a mad scramble of feet and paws, the two foxes were able to steady the shelf. But before they could celebrate, a bright orange bottle toppled over and hit Draykin in the head, covering him in cloud of dust.

“*hack* What *wheeze* was—WHOA!” was all Draykin could get out as he suddenly felt the room around him get larger. “Wha, what just happened?!?” he gasped as he looked at the landscape, The boxes and crates that were originally about half his size now towered over him, as if buildings in a city.

“Draykin are you ok?” a voice boomed from above, the sound vibrations of the voice causing the little fox to stumble.
   Looking up, he could see Kenku searching for him from above. “I’m down here, and talk quieter!” he yelled back from down below.

Hearing the little fox’s complaints, Kenku spotted him. With a gentle paw, he lifted him up to face height, before saying in a whisper “Sorry, didn’t expect that to happen.”

“Well you didn’t have to yell!” Draykin replied with a groan. “What hit me by the way?” he asked, as he started to feel a strange itch along his back.
   “It was one of my imported materials.” Kenku softly replied. “I sometimes order other maker’s transformation materials for use in my own projects, and if customer is looking for something exotic.”
   “I see…so whatever hit me was some sort of shrinking dust?” Draykin asked, as two small bumps start to form on his head and along his shoulder blades.

“Not exactly” Kenku said as he picked up a piece of ceramic off the floor. “Says here it’s ‘Mexican Monarch Faerie Dust,” he replied, reading the label.

“Mexican wha—ARGH!” is all Draykin could get out before there was a sudden burst of fur from his back, and two small gossamer wings started to unfurl from the end of his shoulder blades. As they unfurled and dried, bright orange spots were shown along deep black lines, similar in appearance to the wings of a Monarch Butterfly. At the same time, the bumps on his head grew upward, until he had two small black antennae sitting just below his ears.

“What the…” Draykin stammered a bit awestruck at his new form, to which Kenku lightly chuckled and replied “Its faerie dust as I said, and by the looks you inhaled enough to cause the full change into a Monarch Faerie.”

“O…K…why do you have this again?” Draykin asked, still a bit awestruck.
   “As I said, some people want something exotic and well…a mythical faerie is one way.” Kenku replied. “If this is two strange for you although, I could always change you back.”

Sitting down in Kenku’s paw, Draykin thought for a moment about the change as he rubed his new antennae. “Nah that’s ok” he said and began to carefully fly out of Kenku’s hand. “I think this form might be a bit cool, and say…you have anymore I could probably “test” on someone?”

Kenku lets out a loud laugh. “Sure, but make sure it’s someone you know is ok with such things…and don’t make it me.”
   “I promise” Draykin said with a grin and giggle, and watched Kenku fetch something from the back of his shop.

A minute later, the fox returned with a small pouch which he hung around Draykin’s neck. “That should be enough for a few uses if you’re careful.” Kenku replied. “Have fun!” He said with a grin, and watched Draykin fly out of the shop, giggling as fluttered his way through the sky.

Evilhumour

• The possessor of the almighty tail snap
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • hehe
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:46:48 PM
Nice, very nice.

(07:46:59) Robak: watch the horns they are pointy
(22:04:28) Risu: omg, its raining antimuffins!
(00:42:42) * (Rage_plushie) doesn`t move. instead he ponders the secrets of the universe...and wonders why trask smells faintly of strawberries.
(00:36:36) Virmir: It's fattening celergy!

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:55:56 PM
* Draykin holds up the pouch, looks around, and grins...

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile