Author Topic: Somebody's Attempts at Art (TM)  (Read 3331 times)

Somebody

• Somebody else.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Well, that just happened.
    • View Profile
on: August 03, 2022, 08:36:24 PM
Topic name speaks for itself, criticism is welcome.

Starting of with some sketches of my character, Ty:

Probably going to clean them up and remove the shading layers to use for the reference sheet that I've put off drawing for the past few years.

Autocorrect is a curse.

Cody The Werewolf

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 07:29:27 AM
Looks cool :)

Just keep swimming~

Somebody

• Somebody else.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 04:54:55 PM
Another drawing, this time of another character, Terra. I experimented with the pose and played around with different shading methods, and I quite like how it turned out. I only colored the "bench" because it looked weird uncolored. Suggestions for improvement are welcomed.

Autocorrect is a curse.

Somebody

• Somebody else.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 05:47:11 PM
Decided to double the resolution on this one, but then ended up using barely any of the space. Oh well.

Ty and Terra doing their magic things, a good excuse for me to play around with poses, layer masks, and all that fun stuff.

Also, since these pictures are raster images and not vector drawings, I might start posting the link to the image instead of the images themselves, unless I can find a way to shrink the image in the forums without reducing image quality.

Autocorrect is a curse.

Alsin

• Band Yeen
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 02:22:37 PM

The way I do it is to modify the discord link.
If the url was instead:
Code: [Select]
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/635563933897588736/1008868136579252244/wip_8-14-22.png?width=1000&height=500then the image is shrunk down for you, but you can always get the original back by deleting the end.
(Note that it must start with media.discordapp.net, otherwise it won't work.)

doot doot

Somebody

• Somebody else.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 06:11:00 PM
After being granted my sketch from this year's Halloween Sketch-O-Thon, I spent the day finishing it up:

Used this to practice cel shading, shadows, backgrounds, and, of course, the tree. I don't know how to draw trees, so that's my current best. Also, big thanks to Tower for advice on where to improve the shading.
If I had to come up with some context for the image, it would probably be something along the lines of a senseless but worryingly likely to work plan which requires a pumpkin that is Definitely Not Haunted*.

*Not-Hauntedness not guaranteed, and especially unlikely during a full moon and/or Halloween.
**Okay yeah it's haunted, but he doesn't know that.

Autocorrect is a curse.