Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons Game  (Read 86618 times)

Kampkraft

• Fragarach
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 08:18:26 PM
Reacting to the kobolds suddenly appearing, Andrei sends a bolt of ice that strikes the first kobold to appear. The ice envelops and freezes part of the kobold, inhibiting it form moving as fast as it used to. Seeing that the kobolds were hitting his fellow allies, Andrei turned around and with a flick of his hands, a pillar of flame suddenly enveloped the kobolds.

(Kobold triggers my readied action, so that hits it dead. Move 1 square north and 1 square northwest. Cast scorching burst behind the kobold that is in front of Naito (on the map) 1 square behind it.)

Dice Rolls
  • April 05, 2010, 08:18:26 PM: Readied Attack
    1d20+5 => 1d20 [19] (19) + 5 = 24
  • April 05, 2010, 08:18:26 PM: Standard: Attack
    1d20+5 => 1d20 [8] (8) + 5 = 13
  • April 05, 2010, 08:18:26 PM: Readied Damage
    1d6+5 => 1d6 [4] (4) + 5 = 9
  • April 05, 2010, 08:18:26 PM: Scorching Burst Fire Damage
    1d6+5 => 1d6 [6] (6) + 5 = 11

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 10:29:48 PM
"Ack!" Krim cries as he shakes a little from the burning feathers. Sliding back he focuses and unleasehed a pushed on psychic cackilig on the kobold fighting Ssiran, before trying to put himself out.

(Shift N, and then release Visious Mockery!(1d6+Cha, -2 to attacks Till My Next Turn) If that Kobold is dead, the one next to him. If That one is dead, the weenie in front of the boulder.)

Dice Rolls
  • April 05, 2010, 10:29:48 PM: Mockery Atk
    1d20+4 => 1d20 [15] (15) + 4 = 19
  • April 05, 2010, 10:29:48 PM: Mockery Damage
    1d6+4 => 1d6 [4] (4) + 4 = 8
  • April 05, 2010, 10:29:48 PM: Putting out the fire(Save)
    1d20 => 1d20 [8] (8) = 8

alephgon

Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 09:06:28 AM
After feeling the sudden and surprising attack from the Kobolds, Aleph felt a bit of low self-esteem since his perception failed completely. Yet, he was just a beginner Shaman despite his wise-like appearance.

I will need a lot of training... I cant forgive myself to be this slow... I just need to concentrate and gain balance! "Stry"... hear my call...

Aleph attempts to concentrate to call back his Spirit Companion and tries to make it move 5 squares to the south, so it will be right behind the Kobold that is attacking Serian at the moment. Then, Aleph attempts to tell Stryder to perform "Watcher's Strike" ,aiming at the Kobold.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:46:30 PM by Aleph »

Dice Rolls
  • April 07, 2010, 06:46:30 PM: Watcher's Strike + Wis Mod
    1d8+3 => 1d8 [2] (2) + 3 = 5

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 05:29:55 PM
((Aleph hasn’t decided his action yet, so I’ll update this and provide the diagram afterwards))

Enemy Movement: The kobolds engaging Serian glance towards each other before breaking rank and shifting around to flank the paladin. Though Serian tries to adjust his stance to take advantage of the opportunity and strike, the kobolds’ dragonshield tactics enable them to duck and weave skilfully enough to prevent such an opening from appearing. Whatever concerns he holds about being at a tactical disadvantage appear unfounded, however, for as the two make their attack not even flanking can get them through Serian’s defences.

Legatus: Though far from having the same strength of your musket, what this dagger lacks in firepower it makes up for in the precision with which you throw it. The minion has barely time to turn towards the dagger hurtling towards it before the blade buries itself in its skull.

Andrei: Your reflexes are dead-on as your spell chills and blasts the dragonshield that flanks Serian from behind. Moving out of the cover of the boulder, but still behind the safety of your allies, you conjure a blast of flame to strike at the slinger, but it manages to nimbly leap out of the way with little more than a few singed scales. ((Your movements would have placed you on top of Naito, so I improvised, sorry))

Rynvoor: Your desire to leave a position open for you allies has backfired on you. Skirting along the rocky outcropping puts you on an awkward angle against the relative flatness of the path. Not even the steady grip of your paws can prevent your swing from being thrown off, and your hammer fails to make it even close to the slinger.

Krim: (take another 2 ongoing fire damage) Though your catcalls and insults could wound even the mightiest of prides, it is the magic behind your words that strikes the dragonshield, bloodying the kobold and adding demoralization to its ever-mounting pile of problems. Turning your attention back to your sizzling clothes, however, you attempt to bat out the flames but they reignite just as you seem to have banished them.

Enemy Movement: The slinger shifts away from Rynvoor and runs towards its fellow by the far boulder before arming its sling and hurling a white pellet towards the Vale. His fur stiffens as the bullet lands mere inches from his paws, sparing them from being stuck in the gooey, viscous fluid that now envelops a small patch of rocks.

Naito: Your aim is true and your dagger deadly, it rip through the minion’s throat thanks to your careful precision.

Serian: Your lust for battle is only matched by the dragonshield’s urge to live. It cowers behind its shield as your sword connects with cold metal instead of soft flesh.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:58:41 PM by Jonas »

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 08:56:38 PM
Krim unleashes a second burst of psychic cackiling upon the Dragonshield.

(You know, I shoulda of picked up a "Weapon" attack just in case of flanking needs with flock. Ah well. Mockery agian, and then try to put my clothes out.)

Dice Rolls
  • April 07, 2010, 08:56:38 PM: Mockery Atk
    1d20+4 => 1d20 [10] (10) + 4 = 14
  • April 07, 2010, 08:56:38 PM: Mockery Dmg
    1d6+4 => 1d6 [3] (3) + 4 = 7
  • April 07, 2010, 08:56:38 PM: Put the file out!
    1d20 => 1d20 [11] (11) = 11

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 09:52:20 PM
((Edit: Hmm... now that I've got the map to work with I'll have to make some adjustments.  It seems my estimate was not entirely accurate.  {:) ))

"Boom, headshot!"

If Naito's position remains south of the rock as shown on the map, I use Careful Attack with my other dagger on the last remaining Minion ((2 squares south of Rynvoor)).  If that minion is killed by the attack, I pick up my gun and move to its former position.  If the attack misses I pick up my gun and move 3 units NE to the square west of and adjacent to the minion.

If Naito's position is revised and that minion is already dead, I pick up my gun, move to its former position, and retrieve Naito's dagger.  ((even though I could get my own, Naito's would be in the position I'm trying to get to anyway.))

"We've got them on the run!  Keep up the attacks!"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:30:22 PM by Digital Vulpine »

Dice Rolls
  • April 08, 2010, 02:30:22 PM: Careful Attack hit
    1d20+8 => 1d20 [19] (19) + 8 = 27
  • April 08, 2010, 02:30:22 PM: Careful Attack damage
    1d4 => 1d4 [2] (2) = 2
"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 05:06:52 AM
(( Jonas, did I already tell you how much I enjoy your way of storytelling our actions? It rocks!
Anyway, got two questions here... first, I was RSing at the slinger. Thus, one of my little hits should go through (for one point of damage) even when attack roll failed, right?
Second - I'm a bit confused... I thought that Naito took the southern one of the two minions that were to the north of "my" boulder (and to the west of the slinger), and walked east from there, i.e. close to me. But on the map you did it like he moved SE, then attached the kobold east of the same rock.
Well, in any case: ))

"You can run, viljyi, I will get you anyway!", I growl as I approach the slinger once more (walk E-SE-S if the minion to the south of me is really there, SE-SE if they're both dead).
I think to myself "Blast, Ryn, aim better or your tail's gonna end up on someone's cap one day!", and attempt a (not-so-) Sure Strike.

EDIT: ((Legatus, I'm quite sure I wasn't standing on top of your dagger, but to the north of it... unless it went through the kobold and further away?))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 06:43:07 AM by Tvorsk »

Dice Rolls
  • April 08, 2010, 05:06:52 AM: Sure Strike: Hit
    1d20+8 => 1d20 [6] (6) + 8 = 14
  • April 08, 2010, 05:06:52 AM: Sure Strike: Damage
    1d10+1 => 1d10 [3] (3) + 1 = 4
Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 10:30:51 AM
((Jonas, if we used my actual location that I tried to move to and the target I tried to attack, then wouldn't I be directly under the slinger, thus giving me an opportunity attack when he shifted 'away' from Tvorsk and, thus, still adjacent to me?))

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 12:02:47 PM
((Jonas, if we used my actual location that I tried to move to and the target I tried to attack, then wouldn't I be directly under the slinger, thus giving me an opportunity attack when he shifted 'away' from Tvorsk and, thus, still adjacent to me?))

Shifting doesn't provode attacks of opportunity. Kobolds can shift 1 square as a minor action, so the slinger used both its move and minors to get into position without provoking AoP.

Anyway, got two questions here... first, I was RSing at the slinger. Thus, one of my little hits should go through (for one point of damage) even when attack roll failed, right?

The target I thought you were RSing had moved out of range by the time your turn came around, so I went with your other action.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 01:02:18 PM
((I'm having a bit of a hard time keeping track of who's who and who's doing what, but I'll get this down, eventually))

Assuming they don't move away before my turn:
Ssiran shifts one square south, and presses the attack on the one he's got marked.

(Valiant Strike, At-Will, +7 base, +2 for 2 adjacent enemies, for a cumulative +9 vs AC.)

If both move away from me
Ssiran will move adjacent to the one he has marked; then act according to the location of the other.
if both are adjacent:
Valiant strike, as above.

if the unmarked one isn't adjacent, but is still within 3 squares of Ssiran:
Ssiran will use Valorous Smite (Encounter, +6 vs AC) on the one he has marked.  Doesn't do anything on a miss, but if it hits, any enemy within 3 squares is subject to Divine Sanction.

Hmm...I'm mostly trying to keep these guys focused on me, and not the softer targets.  I'm hoping to lure them southwards a few spaces...

"Come on, fight!  You're not even trying, kobold."  Ssiran continues to taunt the dragonshields, trying to keep their attention.

Dice Rolls
  • April 08, 2010, 01:02:18 PM: Valiant Strike (hit)
    1d20+9 => 1d20 [13] (13) + 9 = 22
  • April 08, 2010, 01:02:18 PM: Valiant Strike (damage)
    1d8+4 => 1d8 [2] (2) + 4 = 6
  • April 08, 2010, 01:02:18 PM: Valorous Smite (hit)
    1d20+6 => 1d20 [6] (6) + 6 = 12
  • April 08, 2010, 01:02:18 PM: Valorous Smite (damage)
    2d8+3 => 2d8 [8,5] (13) + 3 = 16

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 11:19:46 PM
"Now time to take out that sling-shot wielding coward."

I move in such a way that puts me adjacent (or as close as possible) to the Kobold slinger and use Riposte Strike using my Rapier. If I cannot move close enough to the slinger to use Riposte Strike, then I'll use Sky Flourish with my dagger.

Dice Rolls
  • April 09, 2010, 11:19:46 PM: Riposte Strike (Initial)
    1d20+7 => 1d20 [13] (13) + 7 = 20
  • April 09, 2010, 11:19:46 PM: Riposte Strike (Damage) (Initial)
    1d8+4 => 1d8 [8] (8) + 4 = 12
  • April 09, 2010, 11:19:46 PM: Riposte Strike (Interrupt)
    1d20+5 => 1d20 [20] (20) + 5 = 25
  • April 09, 2010, 11:19:46 PM: Riposte Strike (Damage) (Interrupt)
    1d8+2 => 1d8 [6] (6) + 2 = 8
  • April 09, 2010, 11:19:46 PM: Sky Flourish
    1d20+5 => 1d20 [12] (12) + 5 = 17
  • April 09, 2010, 11:19:46 PM: Sky Flourish (Damage)
    1d4+6 => 1d4 [4] (4) + 6 = 10
Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 10, 2010, 05:38:01 PM
((You should all probably know that the order I describe character actions is the initiative order. So anything Legatus does, for example, is carried out before Naito or Aleph))

Enemy Movement:  The dragonshields glance and saw something to each other in draconic ((Aleph is too far away to hear)) before darting in unison in opposing directions around Serian. Though the paladin is able to block the attack of one, his focus is too split to save himself from the second. ((Serian takes 6 slashing damage. Slowed state and attack penalties end on dragonshield)).

Legatus: A quick flick of your wrist sends another dagger to its mark, and the final minion falls to the ground. Grabbing your musket and taking cover near the kobold’s body, placing the slinger firmly within your sights.

Andrei: ((Failed to declare a move in time, so will repeat last turn as much as possible)) He moves into line of sight of the slinger and repeats his Scorching Burst attack, but misses.

Rynvoor:  Clambering back onto solid and steady ground, you dart towards the slinger and strike with your hammer.  Though your blow connects, it leaves merely a flesh wound.

Krim: Blood pours from the dragonshield’s ears as your blast of sound strikes true. Though pleased to have hit your mark, you are far more elated to have finished extinguishing your clothes. ((Saving throw success))

Naito: With precision focus, you skirt around the boulder to flank the slinger with Rynvoor before performing a quick-yet-devastating attack. Your daggers tear through scales, skin, and muscle as the slinger collapses in defeat.

Serian: Shifting out of the dragonshields’ flanking, you take up a more defensive position. Still smarting from the wound it gave you, your spite fuels your strike as your sword lacerates the kobold’s arm, shattering what feeble protection it had as tearing open the artery. Several seconds of blood loss later gives you one less opponent to be concerned about.

Aleph: ((Failed to declare a move in time, so will repeat last turn as much as possible)) Moved Stryder into a flanking position with Serian and used Watcher’s Strike. Attack succeeds and any allies adjacent to Stryder until end of Aleph’s next turn gain +1 to attack rolls and +5 to Perception checks.

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 10, 2010, 05:41:14 PM
Ok, time for an explanation of the new grid. It's a co-ordinate system based around 3x3 blocks. The blocks are labeled according to which number/letter combination they fall into, and each individual square in that block is numbered 1-9 in an order matching the layout of a common calculator, with 1 being at the lower left and 9 being at the upper right.

EXAMPLE:

Andrei is currently at position A4-2

Legatus is currently at position B5-7

Rynvoor is currently at position B5-9

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 10, 2010, 08:15:26 PM
Quite satisfied with the work of my daggers, I move north one unit to A5-1, retrieve the other dagger, and start reloading, my tail swishing happily behind me.

"We sure showed them, eh?  Let's finish that thing off."

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 10, 2010, 08:34:16 PM
I shake my head, annoyed at my own incompetence. Then I look up at the Raki.
Thanks, Naito..., I sigh.
Afterwards I walk to B4-1, even tho I don't really expect the kobold will survive long enough for me to approach him.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?