Author Topic: PMD Story (no real title yet) based on a book I read in a dream  (Read 3317 times)

Sasha Workbench

• The cutest vixen ever!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Order and Chaos go hand and hand
    • View Profile
Chapter one: A Stranger in Stranger lands

Misty looked around slowly as she shut the door behind her, sneaking out was something she would not be doing this early in the morning, but the spot would be a beautiful place to watch the sunrise. She hopped down the rocky path and turned left down the dirt road, it was a calm morning with the stars in the sky dwindling as the night sky was glowing light around the horizons, smiling she continued to walk down the path towards the town the quiet place still in her mind as she grew excited, no one would be there this morning and it would be all for her. As she drew close towards town she could hear a light bit of conversation in the streets coming from the rescuers that ran the town and the explores that got up early to help with the morning routine, mail was being delivered around this time too as the rescuers and explores from the town guild started to look on the poster board for their daily tasks that they would do for the day, Misty got a good look and saw no criminals and hurried on her way towards the place were time could never touch, nor evil would never stand. Misty moved through town as stores began to open and people began to do some early morning work cleaning out their shops, Misty coughed as dust was kicked into the air as dust was sweeped out by a Minccino’s tail as it cleaned out her favorite place she hung out with her parents after they came home from work, a tiny cafe with the best hot chocolate in town, it seemed to be always warm and forever sweet.

Misty left town calmly before running down a small dirt path near the main path that led to town, it was an easy trip that led to her favorite place near town, as it was the only place she could get some quiet from the world around her. After a few minutes she arrived at her favorite place, it had it all, nearby berry bushes that had the sweetest berries she has ever tasted, lush green grass that was soft and warm to lay on during the day, (although now it was covered with an early morning dew) there was a few small waterfalls that lead into a stream that was nice to swim in and lead down to a big lake that you could find awesome water type pokemon, and there was a big king waterfall as Misty called it, that made a big rainbow from the mist that was thrown into the air. Misty layed down on a big rock that was near the giant waterfall and looked over the trees waiting for the sun to rise, she knew it would be a beautiful sunrise, maybe the best one she has ever seens, relaxing on the rock she turned and look in the water watching it splash and play with the light that the sky had it was calm and clean and the noise was calm and soft while being loud and strong.

Misty looked into the water and saw herself shining back from the stream’s pool, she saw her water blue eyes that seemed to soak up the water that was in the stream, her brown fur that was long and wild as her mom had not cut it for a while,  her peach creamed bush of neck fur that worked better than any scarf while in the snow, her brown ears that were twitching to the sounds of the stream and waterfalls, and her tail that flicked calmly behind her as she waited for the sun to rise. She was a good eevee but she considered herself the best friend that she could ever wish for, she was kind as sweet to others, she was patient with the pokemon that were not, she made an effort to be honest, but kind, and she always tried to see the best in things when she could. This is what Misty thought anyway, she never was good at making friends as she saw little to no need in spending time in the world of make believe, she rather be in what she knew than what people would try to know, as if the world they were in wasn’t good enough for anyone, if the world was good enough for her it was good enough for anyone, life was great.

Misty sighed to take in the warmth of the last bit of star light as the sun started to rise it was a calm morning indeed, not a noise from the world that she grew up in and not a noise of the one she would be forced into soon, nothing was bothering her as the stars began to flicker s out and the pink and peach horizon was starting to show the sun in it’s full colors and light as the sky’s darkness was swept it all away and gave great light to the great world that she lived in. All the words in the world could not describe the beauty in what Misty was viewing, for as the light came into the sky the rainbow appear near the waterfall’s rim and the light played  into the water and the shadows began to cast from the forest and the dew began to vanish from the green grass. The noise of the waterfall seemed to die down too as the birds seem to come alive making their many calls to one another talking in their trees and singing their songs of beauty and wonder, but from all this noise she heard something she did not recognize from this place of wonder and beauty, sobbing began to come from some place in the meadow as it grew over the sound of the waterfalls.

Misty began to tune out all the other noise as she forced on the crying that she could not be distracted from as she jumped down from the rock and began to focus more on the sobbing that was coming from somewhere near the waterfalls. Misty began to look towards the waterfalls as the sobbing seemed to be stifled by a paw, she heard the voice sniff and sob a little more and the voice of the one crying began to slow down. Misty heard the echo from the caves that were behind the big waterfall as she walked towards it her feet splashed into the shallow water, as she drew closer  the sobbing stopped and a whimpering could be heard as a whimpering of fear.

Misty drew near and began to talk in her low calm voice echoing into the cave, “don’t be afraid, it’s alright, there is a nearby town I can take you there if you like?” Misty entered the cave where the sun’s light played on the walls of the cave from the water as a small pool was inside the cave. “Please,” Misty continued, “I am not here to hurt you.”

The sobbing continued as Misty drew close and looked at a small young female eevee in the back of the cave sobbing and crying. “Please don’t cry,” Misty tried to calm it down, “I can be your friend, I can help you.” The sobbing slowed down as the other eevee sniffled and whimpered.

“Where am I?” the little eevee said with a sore voice sobbing slightly, “Who are you?”

“You are near Marvel Town, and my name is Misty” Misty stopped and looked at the small eevee and smiled kindly, “Who are you?”

“I don’t know” the eevee said sadly as she looked at her paws and then to Misty eyes wide, “What am I and what are you!?” The eevee shouted and backed away, “you're a monster! Stay away!”While backing away the eevee tripped and fell down to the ground sobbing as Misty helped her up.

“You okay? You're acting kind of funny for an eevee, have you never seen your face before?” Misty gestured to the pool of water that was in the cave as the eevee looked into the water and sighed.

“I don’t remember looking like this, I remember…” The eevee paused as she thought about what she could remember and sighed, “I can’t remember anything I wan, I want, I want to go home!”

Misty sighed and stared into the eevee’s blue eyes and thought on what her mother said about talking to strangers, but this eevee here, she could be no more older than her in fact she looked just like her if it was not for instead of peach fur on her tail and around her neck it was white as freshly fallen snow, maybe this was a prank by one of those kids who were into other realms, going to other realms seemed to get rid of memories. (not that she paid attention or anything) Sighing Misty looked around and then finally said, “You can come into town with me if you want but you are not allowed to follow me home, my parents would not be to happy if I brought a stranger home with me after I snuck out early.”

The other eevee simled, “Thank you, I would probably get lost on the way back to Mervel Town miss.”

Misty frowned and looked into the water, was this eevee pulling her tail? Was she really lost? She sighed and looked at the other eevee smiling again, “It is Marvel Town, and my name is Misty, Winter.” Misty jumped out of the cave getting wet this time and shaking off the water and waiting for the other eevee to follow, if this was really a prank the other eevee would hate what she called her.

“Winter?” The other eevee asked as she misplaced a step and fell face first into the stream quickly swimming out of the water and shaking it off as well, she seemed not to be at all bothered, but more hopeful when Misty called her that, “Do you know me? Is my name really Winter?” She said quickly and hopefully.

“Err” Misty said calmly, “No I don’t know who you are I just have to call you something and just calling you eevee would really not be good, it sounds just awful for me to call you what you are.”

“What am I?” Winter said looking with a new amount of hope in her eyes.

“You're an eevee and you will always be one until you evolve into something else Winter.” Misty said as she walked down the path to the town where she came from, this eevee was not acting like one that was playing tricks or this one was just a really good actor. “Let’s get to town and see if anyone knows you,” for all Misty knew they would be friends before she got a job in town because who didn’t want to have a friend.

“Yay!” Winter shouted as the began to head into town.

SW