Author Topic: Story Time With Felix  (Read 3267 times)

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Art by KitaKettu. Character owned by SykRenstrom.
    • View Profile
on: October 25, 2020, 07:05:30 PM
This is where I will be posting some random things that may happen in my life. They may range from cool, cute, dumb, funny, interesting, etc. The story that will be posted here soon will be about me and my family taking a little trip to Meadowood Mall in Reno.

This is a random post signature that serves no other purpose than to get you to read something. :P

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:09:18 PM
Meadowood Mall Story
So basically how it all started was when my Mom and Dad got off of work and decided to go check it out. When they came home, they talked about the different places their. There were 3 things that caught my attention. First was that there was a See's Candies there, and I just so happen to really like some of their truffles (plus, I haven't had any of them in at least 3 years). Second was that there was like a pop culture gaming store titled Games Galore Entertainment Center which my Dad told me that they carried a lot of different things like comics, board and card games, figures, etc. He also mentioned that they have cards for popular card games like Magic: The Gathering, Pokémon, and Yu-Gi-Oh!, but when he mentioned that they also have Final Fantasy, and SoulCalibur cards, I got really interested. The third and final thing was that there was an arcade there called Round1 which he mentioned had games like Dead or Alive 2, Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, and what really caught my attention, Sengoku BASARA X (that one really shocked me because of how rare it is to find, especially considering how obscure the series is in the west).
When we first arrived there, we first headed over to Games Galore Entertainment Center. I felt that it was a nice little store with gaming and nerd cultures being a theme. There was definitely a lot of DC, MARVEL, My Hero Academia, Pathfinder, and Pokémon related products in the store. When we got to where the card games were, I was impressed by the amount of different booster packs they had. My Dad decided to buy 2 Final Fantasy booster packs. He also decided he wanted to buy a SoulCalibur booster pack, and asked me which one I think he should get. They had 2 options, SoulCalibur VI, and SoulCalibur VI: Libra of Souls. I recommended that he get a SoulCalibur VI booster pack because I felt like it has the better characters. SoulCalibur VI has Mitsurugi starring on the box, and Taki on the packs. There are a total of 108 cards to collect including 12 characters starring in it with those being Grřh, Ivy, Kilik, Maxi, Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Siegfried, Sophitia, Taki, Xianghua, Yoshimitsu, and Zasalamel. SoulCalibur VI: Libra of Souls has Astaroth starring on the box, and Tira on the packs. There are a total of 108 cards to collect including 12 characters starring in it with those being Amy, Astaroth, Azwel, Cassandra, Cervantes, Inferno, Mitsurugi, Raphael, Seong Mi-na, Talim, Tira, and Voldo. He ended up buying a SoulCalibur VI booster pack. Afterward, we went to go check out the Round1 arcade. It was cool except for that fact that it was very loud, and some of the machines weren't working at the time. I went on the search for Sengoku BASARA X, and I found out that Dead or Alive 2 wasn't working (my Dad mentioned it was working the first time he went). After finding Sengoku BASARA X, I was disappointed to find that it wasn't working (my Dad even mentioned that it wasn't working the first time he went). I then went to the Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown arcade machines, and randomly pressed the start button on one of them. I guess someone must've left a credit in there because it started playing all of a sudden, and I wasn't going to let that go to waste. I picked Kage-Maru and played up to stage 6 before I lost (there are 10 stages to go through in order to beat it). I pressed start again, and I was able to continue up to stage 7 before I lost. I pressed start again, and it didn't work that time. So someone must've left 2 credits in there. I went to the other 3 machines, and pressed start on all of them. None of them worked. When I played VF5 FS, it was a little fun, but I wasn't really a fan of it. For me, it felt slow for a fighting game, and it also seemed very basic since there is only a joystick for moving, and the 3 basic buttons signifying Punch, Kick, and Guard. I ended up deciding to play SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition, which there was only 1 machine of. I noticed that the flyer on the machine showed that it was SoulCalibur II, but when the game booted up, it turned out to really be SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition. I picked Taki and played up to stage 7 before I lost (it didn't show how many stages I had to go through to beat it). I had a lot of fun playing it. After all of that, we went to a store called HOT TOPIC which contains a lot of clothes related to pop culture, and rock. There was definitely a lot of anime, meme, music, and nerd type clothes. There were a few key chains, and other stuff. The store is probably more targeted towards older teens, and adults (the size of some of those shirts, OMG). We didn't get anything from there, and we went off to See's Candies. My Mom and my 2 younger siblings got thirsty, so they got some drinks from Keva Juice which is across from See's Candies. We finally left the mall after getting some candy from See's Candies.

This is a random post signature that serves no other purpose than to get you to read something. :P

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 07:13:48 PM
Sorry for this being so long. I tend to explain things in detail. [:P