Author Topic: Sengoku BASARA 15th Anniversary  (Read 25635 times)

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Art by KitaKettu. Character owned by SykRenstrom.
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: November 12, 2020, 08:34:56 PM
There sure hasn't been any news in awhile...
This will be a mixture of both good and bad news, and I'll briefly discuss my opinion on the fate of the series and address other fans' concerns.

Sengoku BASARA Character Popularity Poll 2020
CAPCOM held a character popularity poll for the Sengoku BASARA series on the BASARA CLUB site from November 9, 2020, to November 20, 2020. A live stream to announce the poll results happened on December 13, 2020. There were a total of 64 characters to vote for. Voting required being a member of the BASARA CLUB. Members were able to vote for their top 10 characters once per day, with every rank adding a certain amount of points to the tally. Once the results were announced, the overall top 10 characters, as well as the 20th, 30th, 40th, and 50th ranked characters, featured in new merchandise. There was also a joke prize for the 63rd-ranked character. Watching the poll results live stream required purchasing a ticket from the site. Purchasing a ticket required either being a member of BASARA CLUB or having a Rom Mall account. The live stream featured Kōji Okino (the current stage play actor for Ishida Mitsunari), Yūsuke Seto (the current stage play actor for Akechi Mitsuhide, and Tenkai), and Hideto Mashima (the current stage play actor for Date Masamune). Merchandise from this poll is being sold on the BASARA CLUB site for members to purchase.

Good News and Bad News
The good news is that there is a new official poll for the series. There hasn't been one for a few years (I'm pretty sure the last one was in 2016). Also, this gives a chance for the 3 new characters that were added through Sengoku BASARA Battle Party (Izumo no Okuni, Katō Kiyomasa, and Komatsuhime) to be featured in new merchandise. This also gives the female characters (they don't really feature in much merchandise, as most of the male characters tend to be more popular), and/or unpopular characters (of course, if they're not popular enough, they won't feature in most merchandise) a chance to feature in new merchandise. The bad news is that this is the first time an official poll for the series is limited to BASARA CLUB members, as previous polls were open to the public. Also, previous polls had their results published in magazines and on websites, but the results for this poll is on a live stream, and requires purchasing a ticket to watch. Another thing is that I already have a feeling as to who made it into the top 10, and some of the characters that I feel should receive more merchandise (Ashikaga Yoshiteru, Azai Nagamasa, Ii Naotora, Matsunaga Hisahide, Oichi, Saika Magoichi, etc.) might only have a chance through the 20th, 30th, 40th, and 50th spots.

The Fate of Sengoku BASARA
Before I discuss my opinion on the fate of the series, I'd like to briefly go over on how the games have been. The latest game in the series is Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den, which was released for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 in Asia on August 25, 2016. CAPCOM also released Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Edition for the PlayStation 4 in Japan on July 21, 2020, to celebrate the series' 15th anniversary. Sadly, it's just a re-release of Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi with all of the DLC included, and CAPCOM hasn't decided to try releasing it for the Nintendo Switch despite fan demand. The series’ mobile gacha RPG, Sengoku BASARA Battle Party, released in Japan on June 24, 2019, and was shut down on December 21, 2020. Luckily, the series was added as cards into CAPCOM's mobile card game, TEPPEN, worldwide on October 1, 2020. Honestly, I feel like the series is very much on the verge of death, and a lot of fans feel this way too. Ever since the announcement of the SB BP shutdown, most fans have just been losing all hope for the series, whereas before, most fans have had very little hope for the series. A possibility of a Sengoku BASARA 5 happening (or just a new console game in general) seems extremely unlikely, especially since CAPCOM had the SB team shut down SB BP. Who knows what the series' future holds, but for now, we can just enjoy the fact that the series is in TEPPEN, and that there's still that manga that started with its first chapter on December 1, 2020.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:01:47 PM by FelixFox »

This is a random post signature that serves no other purpose than to get you to read something. :P

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 19, 2020, 01:15:49 PM
Sengoku BASARA Character Popularity Poll 2020 Interim Announcement
On November 16, 2020, CAPCOM had an interim announcement to announce the results of the poll so far. The final results of the poll will be announced during the live stream on December 13, 2020. Below are the poll results from the interim announcement as of November 16, 2020, with P marking how many points the character has received, and the bold names indicating which characters are winning.
1. Ishida Mitsunari (2936P)
2. Date Masamune (2928P)
3. Tokugawa Ieyasu (2672P)
4. Sanada Yukimura (2238P)
5. Katakura Kojūrō (2232P)
6. Bontenmaru (2076P)
7. Sarutobi Sasuke (1592P)
8. Takenaka Hanbei (1586P)
9. Shima Sakon (1484P)
10. Ōtani Yoshitsugu (1476P)

11. Chōsokabe Motochika (1474P)
12. Mōri Motonari (1204P)
13. Benmaru (1202P)
14. Matsunaga Hisahide (1032P)
15. Maeda Keiji (904P)
16. Kuroda Kanbei (848P)
17. Takechiyo (832P)
18. Toyotomi Hideyoshi (814P)
19. Akechi Mitsuhide (808P)
20. Saika Magoichi (769P)
21. Tsuruhime (746P)
22. Gotō Matabei (728P)
23. Komatsuhime (694P)
24. Tenkai (688P)
25. Oichi (626P)
26. Azai Nagamasa (622P)
27. Kasuga (586P)
27. Sanada Masayuki (586P)
29. Fūma Kotarō (580P)
30. Shibata Katsuie (568P)
31. Katō Kiyomasa (564P)
32. Takeda Shingen (540P)
33. Nōhime (526P)
33. Sanada Nobuyuki (526P)
35. Kyōgoku Maria (484P)
36. Oda Nobunaga (446P)
37. Sen no Rikyū (436P)
38. Itsuki (396P)
39. Izumo no Okuni (354P)
40. Amago Haruhisa (324P)
41. Utsunomiya Hirotsuna (310P)
42. Honda Tadakatsu (306P)
43. Ashikaga Yoshiteru (288P)
44. Nanbu Harumasa (278P)
45. Mogami Yoshiaki (256P)
46. Matsu (252P)
47. Naoe Kanetsugu (228P)
48. Uesugi Kenshin (196P)
49. Satake Yoshishige (194P)
50. Ii Naotora (176P)
51. Maeda Toshiie (158P)
52. Hōjō Ujimasa (150P)
53. Miyamoto Musashi (146P)
54. Anegakōji Yoritsuna (130P)
55. Yamanaka Shikanosuke (124P)
56. Mori Ranmaru (116P)
57. Shimazu Yoshihiro (104P)
58. Kobayakawa Hideaki (90P)
59. Xavi (88P)
60. Imagawa Yoshimoto (84P)
61. Tachibana Muneshige (74P)
62. Honganji Kennyo (38P)
63. Ōtomo Sōrin (10P)
64. Miyoshi Trio (0P)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 01:18:25 PM by FelixFox »

This is a random post signature that serves no other purpose than to get you to read something. :P

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 27, 2020, 05:42:58 PM
Sengoku BASARA Battle Party Update
Sengoku BASARA Battle Party received an update on November 25, 2020, where players were able to play through all of the main story and "Drama Scroll" side stories without having to level up a certain amount. Instead, players just had to beat the current chapter they were on to move on to the next one. Sadly, the main story ended on a cliffhanger because the game was supposed to last longer than its shutdown date of December 21, 2020.

Sengoku BASARA Elysium of Two Extremes
On November 24, 2020, CAPCOM announced that the official name of the Sengoku BASARA 15th Anniversary manga is titled, Sengoku BASARA Elysium of Two Extremes. The new manga celebrates Sengoku BASARA's 15th anniversary, and debuted with its first chapter in monthly Japanese manga magazine, HERO'S, on December 1, 2020. The first chapter was also made available to be read for free on the HERO'S website on November 27, 2020. The first chapter is titled, Return to the Heavens. A new HERO'S magazine releases on the 1st of every month. The new manga stars Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura as the main protagonists. The manga is written by Rando Ayamine and drawn by Yukai Asada.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 01:55:04 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 12, 2020, 02:21:18 PM
Sengoku BASARA Battle Party UR Gacha
A gacha was added into the game on December 2, 2020, and lasted till the game’s shutdown date of December 21, 2020. Players could do a 1x daily free gacha, a 1x gacha for 100 red or blue jewels (appears after the doing the daily free gacha), and a 10x gacha for 900 red or blue jewels. 23 of the game’s 28 UR (Ultra Rare) characters were available in it, and players were guaranteed to get some of them through this.

Healsio Hot Cook Customization Service <Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura Ver.>
A second collaboration between "SHARP Healsio Hot Cook" and the "Sengoku BASARA" series was announced on December 10, 2020. Sanada Yukimura is featured on the cooking appliance this time. The cooking appliance features voice acting from Sōichirō Hoshi (the voice actor for Sanada Yukimura). Orders started on December 10, 2020, with deliveries scheduled around late January 2021. It is priced at 80,000円+tax. Those who purchased by January 31, 2021, were entered into a lottery and had a chance to receive a signed autograph by Sōichirō Hoshi. Only 3 people were able to receive it. There’s also a video on the product below.

Sengoku BASARA Character Popularity Poll 2020 Goods
From December 10, 2020, to December 27, 2020, there were 4 different goods available for BASARA Club members to purchase in celebration of the “Sengoku BASARA Character Popularity Poll 2020 Results Announcement” that happened on December 13, 2020. Deliveries were scheduled around early February 2021. The goods were as followed:

Character Poll Mug
This was priced at 800円+tax.

Character Poll Hand Towel
This was priced at 500円+tax.

Character Poll Poster
This was priced at 1,800円+tax.

Character Poll Neck Pillow
This was priced at 3,000円+tax.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:02:27 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 20, 2020, 03:39:11 PM
Sadness (at least for Sengoku BASARA fans)
Since Sengoku BASARA Battle Party shut down on December 21, 2020, I decided to put some info about what I was able to accomplish during my time playing. I was able to level up my party to 83 (the highest character level is 135). I was able to get a total of 66 out of the game's 78 characters. I got all 15 R (Rare) characters, 30 out of 35 SR (Super Rare) characters, and 21 out of 28 UR (Ultra Rare) characters. The highest online rank I was able to achieve was 496, with my online rank being 723 before the game shut down. Players have to be in the top 30,000 to be featured on the leaderboard. There was also a special leaderboard for the top 100 players. I was also able to play through all 23 chapters of the main story, and all 23 "Drama Scroll" side stories. Also, my main party (in this game, a party consists of a maximum of 6 characters) I ended the game with included Dragon King: Date Masamune, Katō Kiyomasa, Komatsuhime, Kyōgoku Maria, Matsunaga Hisahide, and Tenkai.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:09:10 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: December 22, 2020, 02:37:32 PM
Sengoku BASARA Battle Party: Story Complete Works
Since Sengoku BASARA Battle Party shut down on December 21, 2020, later that same day, CAPCOM announced the release of a new book titled, "Sengoku BASARA Battle Party: Story Complete Works." This book is sold through CAPCOM's online Japanese store, e-CAPCOM for a straight price of 3,800円, starting December 21, 2020. There are a limited number of copies, and deliveries are scheduled for spring 2021. The book is 192 pages long, and contains all of the story content featured in the game.

Sengoku BASARA Christmas Game Sale
To celebrate Christmas, the Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Set, and Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den on PS4 joined the CAPCOM Christmas Sale on the Japanese PlayStation Store (CAPCOM also held a Christmas sale on the Japanese eShop as well) from December 22, 2020, to January 8, 2021. The Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Set was 25% off with its price being lowered from 5,445円+tax, to 4,084円+tax. Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den was 72% off with its price being lowered from 6,472円+tax, to 1,812円+tax. Also, CAPCOM confirmed that the PS4 Sengoku BASARA games are backwards-compatible with the PS5.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 03:53:15 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: December 28, 2020, 11:49:40 AM
TEPPEN Expansion: The Battle of Amatsu no Kuni
Following the previous TEPPEN expansion, The Tale of Amatsu no Kuni, another expansion titled, The Battle of Amatsu no Kuni, continued to support both the Ōkami and Sengoku BASARA series. The new expansion was announced on December 26, 2020, and was released worldwide on January 5, 2021. Unlike the previous expansion which added new gameplay elements, this new expansion didn't add any new gameplay elements, but it did expand on some of them. Also, this expansion added Oichi (the woman with black hair in the picture, and a major supporting character of Sengoku BASARA) from the Sengoku BASARA series as a new hero character for players to play as, new cards from both the Ōkami and Sengoku BASARA series, and another brand new story based on both series. Amaterasu (bottom right), Issun (green glowing guy near Amaterasu) and Rao (top left) from Ōkami, plus Honda Tadakatsu (top right), Ishida Mitsunari (middle left), Oichi (bottom left), and Tokugawa Ieyasu (middle right) from Sengoku BASARA all feature in the picture. Honestly, I was even more excited for this expansion than the previous. TEPPEN is showing continued support for Sengoku BASARA, and added a character from the series as a hero. Sengoku BASARA is a dying franchise, but TEPPEN has plans to continue to support Sengoku BASARA. Also, I was expecting them to choose either Date Masamune or Oda Nobunaga as the next hero if they decided to continue to support Sengoku BASARA. Choosing Oichi shocked me, but I'm happy that she was chosen as it gives the female characters better representation (I would've preferred Saika Magoichi over Oichi as a female hero, but Oichi is cool too). There have also been some rumors going around that they will do at least 1 more expansion after this that will support both Ōkami and Sengoku BASARA, and that the new hero added into it will either be Date Masamune or Ishida Mitsunari, who are both from Sengoku BASARA (these are just rumors, BTW). This all makes me really happy! I couldn’t wait to try out Oichi, and the new Ōkami and Sengoku BASARA cards when they got added into TEPPEN! [:)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 04:32:10 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: January 02, 2021, 05:28:45 PM
Sengoku BASARA Wishes Everyone a Happy New Year + New Manga Chapter
This is a bit late, but during the new year in Japan, the official Sengoku BASARA Twitter posted a special tweet to wish everyone a happy new year of 2021 after the long and harsh 2020 year. They also told fans that they have announcements, plans, and projects for the year, and for them to stay tuned. Of course, many fans responded with happy new year tweets, hopes for a Sengoku BASARA 5, and questions about the future of the series. Also, the second chapter of the manga, Sengoku BASARA Elysium of Two Extremes, was released in the HERO'S magazine on January 1, 2021. The second chapter is titled, Incarnation. While the first chapter was available to be read for free online, following chapters require purchasing the magazine either physically or digitally. A new HERO'S magazine releases on the 1st of every month.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:11:59 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 30, 2021, 12:04:44 PM
It sure has been awhile since I last posted. Had to study for final exams for the semester, but now that that's all over, I can finally get back to posting more often. Anyways, here's the new news. [:)

Sengoku BASARA 15th Anniversary x CAPCOM Cafe Part II
Following the previous collaboration, CAPCOM Cafe announced on January 13, 2021, that they were doing another collaboration with the Sengoku BASARA series to celebrate its 15th anniversary. It was held at the CAPCOM Cafe store in Aeon Lake Town from February 11, 2021, to March 25, 2021. Details of menus and goods were announced on February 4, 2021. CAPCOM Cafe’s business hours for product sales are from 9:00-22:00/9:00am-10:00pm (Japan Time), while their business hours for eating and drinking are from 11:00-22:00/11:00am-10:00pm (Japan Time). Their contact information is 048-967-5163.

New Manga Chapter
The third chapter of the manga, Sengoku BASARA Elysium of Two Extremes, was released in the HERO'S magazine on February 1, 2021. The third chapter is titled, Noble Truth. A new HERO'S magazine releases on the 1st of every month.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:25:00 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 04, 2021, 02:49:26 PM
Sengoku BASARA 15th Anniversary x CAPCOM Cafe Part II Collab Menu
1 is Date Army’s Root Vegetable Hot Pot ~Let’s SERINABE Party~, and was priced at 1,680円+tax. It is based on Date Masamune and Katakura Kojūrō. Contains plenty of root vegetables such as carrots and radishes. 2 is Soten Sprint! Sarutobi Sasuke’s Shinobi Japanese Set, and was priced at 1,680円+tax. It is based on Sanada Yukimura and Sarutobi Sasuke. Contains a Japanese set menu using grilled soba and sweetfish. 3 is Tokugawa Ieyasu’s Tosho Gongen Tempura Gozen, and was priced at 1,580円+tax. It is based on Tokugawa Ieyasu. Contains a tempura set associated with Ieyasu. 4 is Sengoku BASARA 15th Anniversary Parfait, and was priced at 1,280円+tax. It is a parfait commemorating the 15th anniversary of the Sengoku BASARA franchise. 5 is Ōtani Yoshitsugu, and was priced at 880円+tax. It is a drink inspired by Ōtani Yoshitsugu. The glass containing the drink is placed on a pedestal to make it look like a portable shrine. 6 is Takenaka Hanbei, and was priced at 880円+tax. It is a drink inspired by Takenaka Hanbei. Hanbei’s sword is expressed using rosemary, and his trademark mask is expressed using yōkan.

Sengoku BASARA 15th Anniversary x CAPCOM Cafe Part II Limited Collab Goods
1 is a clear file that was priced at 500円+tax. 2 are foil stamped acrylic coasters, which you get in sets of 2, with 3 different sets (Azure Crimson, Sekigahara, Setouchi), and were priced at 3,000円+tax each. 3 are acrylic stand key holders with 12 different types (Date Masamune, Sanada Yukimura, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Ishida Mitsunari, Sarutobi Sasuke, Katakura Kojūrō, Takenaka Hanbei, Ōtani Yoshitsugu, Kuroda Kanbei, Gotō Matabei, Bontenmaru, Benmaru), and were priced at 800円+tax each. 4 is an acrylic memo board that was priced at 2,000円+tax. 5 are bag hangers with 6 different types (Date Masamune, Sanada Yukimura, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Ishida Mitsunari, Chōsokabe Motochika, Mōri Motonari), and were priced at 2,000円+tax each. 6 are chirimen cloth can mirrors with 20 different types (Date Masamune, Sanada Yukimura, Maeda Keiji, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Ishida Mitsunari, Chōsokabe Motochika, Mōri Motonari, Katakura Kojūrō, Sarutobi Sasuke, Shibata Katsuie, Shima Sakon, Oda Nobunaga, Akechi Mitsuhide, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Takenaka Hanbei, Ōtani Yoshitsugu, Kuroda Kanbei, Gotō Matabei, Matsunaga Hisahide, Ashikaga Yoshiteru), and were priced at 800円+tax each. 7 are mask cases with 21 different types (Date Masamune, Sanada Yukimura, Maeda Keiji, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Ishida Mitsunari, Chōsokabe Motochika, Mōri Motonari, Katakura Kojūrō, Sarutobi Sasuke, Shibata Katsuie, Shima Sakon, Oda Nobunaga, Akechi Mitsuhide, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Takenaka Hanbei, Ōtani Yoshitsugu, Kuroda Kanbei, Gotō Matabei, Matsunaga Hisahide, Ashikaga Yoshiteru, Main Visual), and were priced at 800円+tax each. 8 are can badges with 20 different types, and were priced at 400円+tax each.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:27:25 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 05, 2021, 03:10:32 PM
Decided to split this into 2 posts because of how long it got.

My thoughts and opinions on the new TEPPEN expansions
These are my personal thoughts and opinions on the previous two TEPPEN expansions, The Tale of Amatsu no Kuni, and The Battle of Amatsu no Kuni, which added in two new CAPCOM franchises (Ōkami, Sengoku BASARA) into the game, when there were previously only six (Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, Mega Man X, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Street Fighter). As you might already know, judging by all of these posts, I’m a huge fan of Sengoku BASARA, and seeing this series get added into TEPPEN is what got me into the game in the first place. Now, I enjoy playing TEPPEN (especially after Sengoku BASARA Battle Party shut down, which I miss that game), and have become kind of experienced in the game (I’m definitely not good enough for Champion Rank, which consists of the top 10,000 players, and I can barely make it into A Rank, which is under Champion Rank, but I have no problem staying in B Rank, which is under A Rank). Before I get into explaining my thoughts on these expansions, there are some things you need to know about TEPPEN first. There are two types of cards (Unit, Action), four types of elemental colors for the heroes and cards (Red, Green, Purple, Black), and four different rarities for the cards (Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary). Now, let’s get into my opinions on these expansions.

The Tale of Amatsu no Kuni
The Tale of Amatsu no Kuni was the sixth TEPPEN expansion, and was released worldwide on October 1, 2020. It added Amaterasu from Ōkami as a new hero (she is the fourth Red Hero in the game), new cards based on Ōkami, and Sengoku BASARA, a new story focused on Amaterasu, and new gameplay mechanics. It was the first time any new franchise was added into TEPPEN. I remember how excited I was when I heard of this expansion adding Sengoku BASARA into TEPPEN, seeing some of the Sengoku BASARA cards, and that it was being released worldwide instead of Asia only, or Japan only like a lot of other stuff for the series. While I was a little sad that Sengoku BASARA wasn’t getting a hero, the cards were still exciting, and I liked Amaterasu as a hero, and some of the Ōkami cards. I felt like this was a good collaboration of these two franchises. Of course, this expansion was more focused on Ōkami, which makes sense considering the new hero, and marketing. There ended up being more Ōkami cards than Sengoku BASARA cards (makes sense, though), but it felt like a good start for both franchises. Honestly, I enjoyed using Amaterasu as my hero (I use others too), and some of the Ōkami cards, and I especially enjoyed the Sengoku BASARA cards. I also really liked the artwork on the cards. My decks in the game consist mostly of Sengoku BASARA cards with a few Darkstalkers, Monster Hunter, and Ōkami cards here and there. To be honest, despite all of this, I was worried that this was going to be a one-time thing, and that TEPPEN would continue to include new Ōkami cards, but Sengoku BASARA would be left in the dust with no hero, and either no new cards or only a few new cards. Luckily, this wouldn’t end up being the case. [:)

The Battle of Amatsu no Kuni
The Battle of Amatsu no Kuni was the seventh TEPPEN expansion, and was released worldwide on January 5, 2021. It added Oichi from Sengoku BASARA as a new hero (she is the fourth Black Hero in the game), new cards based on Ōkami, and Sengoku BASARA, a new story focused on Oichi, and expanded on the new gameplay mechanics from the previous expansion. As I expressed in a previous post, I was even more excited for this expansion than the previous one. A character from Sengoku BASARA as the new hero, more Sengoku BASARA cards, and just the fact that Sengoku BASARA still received support from TEPPEN. I had some high hopes for this expansion, but just because there was going to be a Sengoku BASARA hero this time, and that the marketing leaned more towards Sengoku BASARA, doesn’t mean that the final results would be as good as what I was hoping for. [:( When the expansion was released, I was a bit disappointed. While I very much enjoyed using Oichi (she is now my main Black Hero, which used to be Albert Wesker), the new Ōkami, and Sengoku BASARA cards, and checking out her story, I was disappointed by the amount of Sengoku BASARA cards that were added (IMO, the cards are the biggest part of the game). Despite marketing the expansion as being more Sengoku BASARA focused, it still ended up being more Ōkami focused in the end. Heck, there were even more Ōkami cards, and less Sengoku BASARA cards than the previous expansion (at least there were more Legendary Sengoku BASARA cards, but the overall amount is smaller). I was expecting the reverse, where Sengoku BASARA would receive a similar amount of cards that Ōkami got in the previous expansion, while Ōkami would receive a similar amount of cards that Sengoku BASARA got in the previous expansion. Also, every hero’s basic cards (a.k.a. their starter deck) mostly consists of cards from the franchise that they’re from, but Oichi had most of her basic cards be from Ōkami instead of Sengoku BASARA (only 3 of her 13 basic cards are Sengoku BASARA-related). The fact that several Sengoku BASARA characters are still missing in the cards, and that there were less Sengoku BASARA cards this time when compared to the previous expansion, while a bit saddening and disappointing, makes me wonder and hope that the next expansion will include a Sengoku BASARA hero, and more Sengoku BASARA cards than the previous expansions to make up for this one. Though, I will say that the cards from both expansions mix together really well for a wide variety of fun strategies and playstyles, and I liked the card art like with the previous expansion. [;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 05:04:19 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 05, 2021, 03:12:49 PM
My thoughts on Oichi as a TEPPEN Hero
Oichi is the first, and only (as of currently, but could possibly stay that way, sadly) character from Sengoku BASARA that’s a hero in TEPPEN. She is the fourth Black Hero in the game, and she has three Hero Arts like every other hero. She is known to be the most tragic character in the Sengoku BASARA franchise. When she first appeared in SB2, she was a shy, but friendly individual, and was married to her husband, Azai Nagamasa. She doesn’t like war, but would sometimes go to fight alongside her husband since she worried for his safety, as Nagamasa fought to bring justice to Japan and end the wars going on. She wielded a double-bladed naginata in battle, and is also the younger sister of Oda Nobunaga. Sadly, she lost her husband to her older brother during the battle at Anegawa, and was forced into serving under him. After the incident at Honnō-ji, she was lost inside the temple, and her sadness enveloped into darkness, which while it protected her from the flames that burned Honnō-ji temple, it would slowly start to consume her. In SB3, she wanders through Japan, sad and lonely, with the darkness around her, as it uses her as a host. While she has some control over it, it usually has a mind of its own. Instead of wielding a double-bladed naginata, she now uses the so-called “dark hands.” In SB4, after the dawn of the Sengoku Genesis, while she still has her dark hands, her husband is now back to save her from them. Anyways, going into her design. She is a beautiful woman with the main inspiration for her design being spider lilies (a type of flower), and cuckoo birds (a type of bird). Makoto Tsuchibayashi (known for his works on Devil May Cry, Sengoku BASARA, and Shinobi) was the person who designed her. I can definitely see these inspirations, mainly with her hairstyle, and the fact that the end of her clothes resemble tail feathers, but spread out like a spider lily does. Also, she is typically depicted either holding resurrection lilies (a type of spider lily that’s white with a pink tint), being in a field of red spider lilies, and/or having cuckoo birds flying nearby. Laura Bailey returns to voice Oichi in English, and Mamiko Noto returns to voice Oichi in Japanese for TEPPEN. As I was expecting, I felt like Noto did a wonderful job with Oichi’s voice. I was a little skeptical with Bailey though, because there hasn’t been any English voiced Sengoku BASARA media (or just any English language media) in a long time. While I felt like she did a good job, I felt like she did better in the past with Oichi’s voice. Also, a few of Oichi’s lines in TEPPEN seem slightly out of character, but most of the them fit her well. Her theme soundtrack in TEPPEN is a remix of Kanegasaki Nightmare from SB3, and SB3U. I prefer the original version more because I feel like it fits more with the character and story of the game, but I like the TEPPEN version too. I think that she is a very fun hero to use in TEPPEN, and I feel that her Hero Arts are pretty good. [:P She actually got me back into using Black element decks and heroes more often (Red was my main color, and I occasionally used Black, but rarely used Green, and Purple). Now I use all four colors a lot, as it provides me more of a variety of strategies (Red was my main color, the new Sengoku BASARA cards got me to use Green, and Purple more often, and Oichi got me to use Black more often).

The Future
I’m very happy and thankful for Sengoku BASARA getting added into TEPPEN. [:) I’m hoping and wishing that they will do at least one more expansion (the next one) with a Sengoku BASARA hero, and more Ōkami, and Sengoku BASARA cards, like what some rumors say, and that they will go all-out on the Sengoku BASARA cards to make up for the previous expansion. I know that there have also been rumors that the next expansion will focus on Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, and/or Street Fighter, or that it will introduce new franchises such as Ace Attorney, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Strider, and/or Viewtiful Joe. TEPPEN currently has four Red Heroes (Ryu from Street Fighter, Rathalos from Monster Hunter, Jill Valentine from Resident Evil, Amaterasu from Ōkami), four Green Heroes (X from Mega Man X, Chun-Li from Street Fighter, Nero from Devil May Cry, Felyne from Monster Hunter), three Purple Heroes (Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers, Dante from Devil May Cry, Zero from Mega Man X), and four Black Heroes (Albert Wesker from Resident Evil, Nergigante from Monster Hunter, Akuma from Street Fighter, Oichi from Sengoku BASARA), so that means that the next hero will be a Purple Hero since TEPPEN likes to add one of each color before starting again to make it all equal and balanced. Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, and Mega Man X seem unlikely since they already have a Purple Hero. Monster Hunter, and Street Fighter also seem unlikely since they currently have the most heroes in the game (three heroes each). Ōkami seems unlikely because other than Amaterasu, and certain factors, there isn’t much possibility for another Ōkami hero. Resident Evil, and Sengoku BASARA seem to be the most likely (unless they add in a new franchise or new franchises) because they both don’t have a purple hero, Resident Evil has two heroes currently (Albert Wesker, Jill Valentine), while Sengoku BASARA has one (Oichi), both have a few (Resident Evil) or several (Sengoku BASARA) other characters that have a shot at being a hero (based on certain factors), and Sengoku BASARA currently has the least amount of cards of the eight franchises in TEPPEN (it’s behind Darkstalkers, and Ōkami, and far behind the other five). Based on certain factors, I feel that of the Sengoku BASARA characters that appear in the game, Gotō Matabei, Kasuga, Katakura Kojūrō, Kuroda Kanbei, Maeda Keiji, Mōri Motonari, Ōtani Yoshitsugu, Shima Sakon, Uesugi Kenshin, and Yamanaka Shikanosuke have a possibility to be the next hero, with Katakura Kojūrō, Maeda Keiji, Mōri Motonari, and Shima Sakon being the most likely. Of the characters that don’t appear in TEPPEN, I feel that Azai Nagamasa, Katō Kiyomasa, and Kyōgoku Maria have a possibility of being the next hero. Nagamasa, and Maria could easily fit in, with relation to Oichi, because Nagamasa is Oichi’s husband, and Maria is Nagamasa’s older sister, thus making her Oichi’s sister-in-law. Kiyomasa is newer, but him being a hero in TEPPEN could help make him more popular. Considering that Oichi is a depressed character, having someone more cheery could help balance that out. My main suggestions for the next hero would be Azai Nagamasa, Katō Kiyomasa, Maeda Keiji, and Shima Sakon because they would all fit the role of a Purple Hero, and help balance out Oichi’s despair. As much as I would want Date Masamune, Ishida Mitsunari, or Saika Magoichi to be the next hero in TEPPEN, they don’t meet certain criteria that gives them a chance at being one (Masamune lost his with TOA, while Mitsunari, and Magoichi lost theirs with BOA). My biggest hopes and wishes for TEPPEN is that the next expansion has a Sengoku BASARA hero with Ōkami, and Sengoku BASARA cards, and that there are more Sengoku BASARA cards than the previous expansions. Also, I’d like to see Epic versions of Ii Naotora, Ishida Mitsunari, Saika Magoichi, and Tokugawa Ieyasu, like what they did with Date Masamune, and Sanada Yukimura with the recent expansion (they were Legendary Units in TOA, but got Epic versions in BOA). I would hope that everyone else who’s still missing (Azai Nagamasa, Benmaru, Bontenmaru, Izumo no Okuni, Katō Kiyomasa, Komatsuhime, Kyōgoku Maria, Miyoshi Trio, Sanada Masayuki, Sanada Nobuyuki, Takechiyo) get added in as cards. If none of this happens, while I will be a bit sad and disappointed, I will still continue to play TEPPEN. I don’t want to sound negative, but I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s no more Sengoku BASARA content in TEPPEN, considering how the series has been treated in recent years. Either way, I’m very grateful that Sengoku BASARA was even added into TEPPEN in the first place, and that they have given it one more expansion with a character from the series as a hero. [:) Other than that, I’m also hoping that Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers gets added in as a hero in the future (he would be a Green Hero, based on his Unit Card).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 05:03:45 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 14, 2021, 03:45:48 PM
I was originally going to make a separate topic for this, but decided to post it here since it goes along with my previous post.

My TEPPEN Wishlist & Suggestions
Looking at the current franchises in TEPPEN, Darkstalkers, Ōkami, Sengoku BASARA, and Strider need the most support. There are a ton of cards for Devil May Cry, Mega Man X, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Street Fighter, and they all have more than one hero. Darkstalkers is the runt of the original six, and Sengoku BASARA hasn’t received as much support when compared to Ōkami, which has been receiving good support so far. Strider got added into TEPPEN recently, and has only a few cards. First, I’m going to start off with my list of suggested heroes for each franchise (I didn’t include Devil May Cry, and Mega Man X because it was difficult to find any characters that might meet certain criteria to be heroes, and the fact that I know hardly anything about the Mega Man series since I’ve never been a fan of it)(Oddly enough, I was able to find a few Ōkami characters that might fit)(Not putting any Strider recommendations because it just got added in, and I need more information). Also, (*) means that the character might not meet the criteria to be a hero, but I still put them there anyways as a suggestion, and I put colors that a franchise hasn’t occupied yet for a hero.

Darkstalkers
Red Hero: B.B. Hood, Demitri Maximoff, Donovan Baine
Green Hero: Jon Talbain
Black Hero: Bishamon, Dark Talbain, Jedah Dohma(*), Lord Raptor

Monster Hunter
Purple Hero: Melynx, Mizutsune

Ōkami
Green Hero: Kaguya, Otohime, Take
Purple Hero: Mika, Waka(*)
Black Hero: Benkei, Ninetails(*)

Resident Evil
Green Hero: Barry Burton, Chris Redfield(*), Rebecca Chambers

Sengoku BASARA
Red Hero: Fūma Kotarō, Ii Naotora(*), Komatsuhime, Sanada Yukimura(*), Takenaka Hanbei, Toyotomi Hideyoshi
Green Hero: Ashikaga Yoshiteru, Matsu, Tokugawa Ieyasu(*), Tsuruhime
Purple Hero: Azai Nagamasa, Date Masamune(*), Ishida Mitsunari(*), Katakura Kojūrō, Katō Kiyomasa, Kyōgoku Maria, Maeda Keiji, Saika Magoichi(*), Shima Sakon

Street Fighter
Purple Hero: C. Viper, Rose

Other suggestions that I have would be that I recommend that Jon Talbain (if he becomes a hero) is voiced by either Liam O’Brien, or Troy Baker for the English voice acting, and that his story takes place after Darkstalkers 3 (like with Morrigan Aensland). I think he should have a mixture of talking, growling, and howling for his voice acting (mainly talking). Also, I think his story should be that after defeating Dark Talbain, he realizes that he can’t change the fact that he’s a werewolf and he accepts it, and decides to head back to his two adopted sons, who are waiting for him to return and teach them martial arts (they both know he’s a werewolf, and find it cool). This all plays out like in Darkstalkers 3, but he would end up meeting with Morrigan, who goes with him to the Land of Illusion to get back to his sons because she’s already planning on heading there, knows that his journey might be dangerous as she enjoys danger, and at the insistence of Lilith, who’s a friend of Talbain and is willing to run Morrigan’s kingdom for her since she thinks that it would be a fun and interesting experience. I would also suggest that any new Sengoku BASARA heroes meet Oichi, and/or other Sengoku BASARA heroes in the game (if any get added in) during their story. Another suggestion would be the colors for Sengoku BASARA characters that aren't cards in the game. I think that it should be Red for Benmaru, Purple for Bontenmaru, Green for Izumo no Okuni, Purple for Katō Kiyomasa, Red for Komatsuhime, Black for Miyoshi Trio, Red for Sanada Masayuki, Red for Sanada Nobuyuki, and Green for Takechiyo. Also, it would be nice if they included a Rare Unit Card of Oichi with her double-bladed naginata (like how she was in SB2 and SB2H), and it should be the same color as Azai Nagamasa's Unit Card to go along with him (he's a Purple Unit). I would like to see Breath of Fire, and Onimusha get added into TEPPEN in the future, as I think they would both be cool and fit into the game (I would hope that they cover all six main Breath of Fire games, and all four main Onimusha games). Though, I want Darkstalkers, Ōkami, Sengoku BASARA, and Strider to receive more support before they possibly move on to new franchises, and/or go back to the other five because they need it the most (mainly hoping for Jon Talbain as a hero, more Darkstalkers cards, more Sengoku BASARA heroes, and more Sengoku BASARA cards).

Note: This will be edited sometimes depending on what's going on with TEPPEN.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 03:55:35 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 01, 2021, 03:42:42 PM
On February 18, 2021, the eighth TEPPEN expansion, A Dark Agenda, was announced with a release date of March 1, 2021. It added Ada Wong from the Resident Evil series as a new hero, and the Strider series as cards. This is the second expansion that added a new franchise into TEPPEN, with the first being the sixth expansion, The Tale of Amatsu no Kuni, which added the Ōkami, and Sengoku BASARA series into TEPPEN. The expansion mainly focuses on the Resident Evil, and Strider series, but contains a few new Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, Mega Man X, Monster Hunter, Ōkami, Sengoku BASARA, and Street Fighter cards. There are a total of 9 franchises in TEPPEN now (Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, Mega Man X, Monster Hunter, Ōkami, Resident Evil, Sengoku BASARA, Street Fighter, Strider). I think it’s cool that the Strider series has been added into TEPPEN. I’ve never played any of the Strider games, but I always thought the characters looked cool when I noticed them in the MARVEL vs. CAPCOM games. I was hoping for a new Sengoku BASARA hero, but Ada Wong seems like a nice addition. I think it’s only obvious that the next expansion will feature a Strider hero (it would be a little messed up if they don’t get one, and I remember when some people were worried that Sengoku BASARA wasn’t going to get a hero but it did, thankfully), but I’ve heard rumors that the 3 expansions afterward might feature a Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, and Sengoku BASARA hero. I think that they should probably take a break from Devil May Cry, Mega Man X, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Street Fighter after the next expansion because they all have a lot of cards, more than one hero, and are very popular. I think that they should focus on Darkstalkers, Ōkami, Sengoku BASARA, and Strider for the next few/several expansions because they either have one or no hero, a smaller amount of cards when compared to the others, and are niche franchises. So I guess that means no more TEPPEN posts for a while because of the lack of any Sengoku BASARA focus, but this was slowly starting to turn into a TEPPEN thread anyways, even though it wasn’t supposed to be the main focus. Going back to focusing on putting out any new SB news that comes up.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 03:59:53 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 10, 2021, 03:07:37 PM
Sengoku BASARA 4 iPhone Cases
On February 26, 2021, popular Japanese phone accessory company, WAYLLY, decided to collaborate with the Sengoku BASARA series to make iPhone cases designed after all 32 playable characters that appeared in Sengoku BASARA 4, which released for the PlayStation 3 in Asia on January 23, 2014. The GIFs above show all 32 designs (1 per character). The cases are available in the iPhone6/6s/7/8/SE, iPhoneX/Xs, iPhone6Plus/6sPlus/7Plus/8Plus, iPhoneXR, iPhoneXsMAX, iPhone 11, iPhone 11Pro, iPhone11ProMAX, iPhone12/12Pro, iPhone12mini, and iPhone12ProMAX sizes. Android models are not compatible. The cases are available for 1,200円, each, while a set of them (I don’t know how many you get) is available for 3,500円, each. FYI, the link might not work for people living outside of Japan because I clicked on the link and it starts to take me to the Japanese WAYLLY store, but then it sends me to the English WAYLLY website with a 404 message.

New Manga Chapter
The fourth chapter of the manga, Sengoku BASARA Elysium of Two Extremes, was released in the HERO'S magazine on March 1, 2021. The fourth chapter is titled, Disturbance. A new HERO'S magazine releases on the 1st of every month.

Disclaimer: Some of the links might not work, and some of the pictures might not show up because CAPCOM has been getting rid of the old Sengoku BASARA news recently. [:( I will try to fix the problem overtime.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 03:43:03 PM by FelixFox »