Author Topic: Sengoku BASARA 15th Anniversary  (Read 25632 times)

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Art by KitaKettu. Character owned by SykRenstrom.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 08:50:27 PM
Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Edition Twitter Campaign
Not really that exciting but I'll put it here anyways. At the time, to celebrate the upcoming release of SB4S: AE, CAPCOM held a Twitter campaign where if you followed or were already following SB's official Twitter account and retweeted the campaign tweet, you had a chance to win an autograph signed by either Date Masamune's voice actor (Kazuya Nakai) or Sanada Yukimura's voice actor (Sōichirō Hoshi), a CD of SB4S's opening song, DOUBLE-DEAL, signed by its singer and writer, T.M.Revolution (a.k.a. Takanori Nishikawa), or a set of goods/merchandise based on the Gakuen BASARA anime. Nakai is on the left, Hoshi is in the center, and Nishikawa is on the right. There was 3 winners each for the autographs and CDs, and 6 winners for the goods/merchandise, for a total of 15 lucky winners! The campaign started on May 18, 2020, and ended on July 21, 2020. The campaign ended with a total of 14.1k retweets.

EDIT: The Twitter Campaign was updated on June 22, 2020.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 05:50:59 PM by FelixFox »

This is a random post signature that serves no other purpose than to get you to read something. :P

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 09:16:24 PM
Close-up images of the sample artwork for the Sengoku Heroes 15th Anniversary Records. BTW, the art book does not contain the words SAMPLE as shown on the images. They put SAMPLE there to signify that it's sample art.
On the left is the cover art for the first Sengoku BASARA game, with Date Masamune (right) and Sanada Yukimura (left) starring on it. On the right is a visual of Masamune (right) and Yukimura (left) fighting some soldiers.
On the left is a design sketch of Takenaka Hanbei, drawn by Makoto Tsuchibayashi. On the right is a design sketch of Chōsokabe Motochika (right) and Mōri Motonari (left), also drawn by Tsuchibayashi.
On the left is the cover art for SB3, with Masamune (top right) and Yukimura (top left) starring on it along with Tokugawa Ieyasu (bottom right) and Ishida Mitsunari (bottom left). On the right is a visual showing off some members of the Eastern (right) and Western (left) armies, and features Masamune (right), Yukimura (left), Ieyasu (right), and Mitsunari (left) along with Ōtani Yoshitsugu (very top left), Saika Magoichi (top right), Kuroda Kanbei (top left), and Tsuruhime (very top right).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:51:33 PM by FelixFox »

This is a random post signature that serves no other purpose than to get you to read something. :P

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 06:20:11 PM
Oh my gosh! I sure haven't posted anything new here in awhile. Welp, time for some new info.

Package Details of Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Edition
Even though I already explained what is included, this is probably a better look at it. 1 is the game with 56 of the DLC (Costumes, Music) already on the disc, Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Edition. 2 is the download code for the remaining 10 DLC (Weapons), which will last from July 21, 2020, to July 21, 2022. 3 is the box that it all comes in, Anniversary Art Box. 4 is the 80-page art book with the artwork, visuals, and interviews, Sengoku Heroes 15th Anniversary Records.

Sengoku BASARA Battle Party 1st Anniversary
CAPCOM hosted some in-game celebrations during June in SB BP to celebrate its 1st anniversary. The game originally released on June 24, 2019, in Japan. They also had a special live stream, and even made this cute wallpaper for fans to download and use.

Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Edition 40 Day Countdown
CAPCOM had a 40 day countdown for SB4S: AE that started in June since there were 40 days left until the release of SB4S: AE on July 21, 2020, and the game comes with a total of 40 playable characters (each day showed off a different character). July 21, 2020, is also the day when the SB franchise turned 15 years old.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 02:55:14 PM by FelixFox »

Sasha Workbench

• The cutest vixen ever!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Order and Chaos go hand and hand
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 07:07:18 PM
How are things Felix? Excited for school?

SW

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 08:58:02 PM
How are things Felix? Excited for school?

Better than before, thankfully. I'm glad that my family is together again, and we're not all arguing anymore. The big problem right now, though, is that we have to find a new home to move into because our landlord, who is also my great aunt, plans on selling the house soon.

Normally, I would say no to school and not miss going back, despite missing my friends, but this year, I actually really miss school. Kind of funny how that works.

Sasha Workbench

• The cutest vixen ever!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 09, 2020, 05:52:16 PM
Are you staying in town Felix?

SW

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 09, 2020, 08:46:24 PM
Are you staying in town Felix?

Hopefully, we're desperately trying to find a place, especially since we have to move out soon and a lot of homes keep getting bought or rented.

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 08:00:54 AM
Man I remember when capcom tried to call it Devil Kings. Really loved playing Basara 3 in highschool, good times!

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Sasha Workbench

• The cutest vixen ever!
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 03:43:12 PM
Hey Felix, do you have Eans phone number or whatever he is called? I need to ask him something.

SW

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 05:13:48 PM
Man I remember when capcom tried to call it Devil Kings. Really loved playing Basara 3 in highschool, good times!

Yeah, Devil Kings really flopped. I personally didn't think it was a bad game (it was an average game, to be honest) but it was definitely a bad localization. It flopped because of that. Fans didn't like it.
Sengoku BASARA 3 (a.k.a. Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes) is definitely one of my favorite ones (I think it's really good). Sadly, it didn't do well in the west because CAPCOM's western subsidiaries didn't really market it. A lot of people still don't know what it is.
CAPCOM has even stated that they've given up on the series in the west to the point where they try to pretend that the series doesn't exist at events, they don't localize anything of the series anymore, they got rid of the Sengoku BASARA forums from CAPCOM Unity despite them being semi-active, and basically treating its fans like crap. It's very saddening, to be honest. Sengoku BASARA is my favorite media franchise but like 99% of it isn't available in English. [:(
I will say, though, that I'm really happy to see I'm not the only one here who knows of Sengoku BASARA. [:)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 05:57:31 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 10, 2020, 05:15:19 PM
Hey Felix, do you have Eans phone number or whatever he is called? I need to ask him something.

Sadly, I don't. I don't have anyone's phone numbers except for some of my family members.

Edit: Are you referring to Ean as in Ian/Lucy Blodgett, or our friend CJ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 01:21:25 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 10, 2020, 06:27:44 PM
New Info! BTW, the words SAMPLE are not on the final product.

Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Edition Store Bonuses
On June 8, 2020, CAPCOM announced the following store bonuses:
If you order the game from Amazon Japan, you'll get a digital PC and smartphone wallpaper.
Ordering from AmiAmi Japan will get you an acrylic figure stand.
Ordering from Animate will get you a set of 2 badges.
Ordering from Joshin will also get you a digital PC and smartphone wallpaper, but with a different design.
Ordering from Rakuten Books will also get you a digital PC and smartphone wallpaper of a different design, and an acrylic smartphone stand.
Finally, ordering from WonderGOO will get you a set of 2 acrylic stick key holders.

Sengoku BASARA Series 15th Anniversary Special Live Broadcast
On July 13, 2020, CAPCOM put up a link on the SB website to a special live stream celebrating the SB series' 15th anniversary that started on July 20, 2020, at 20:00/8:00pm (Japan Time) on YouTube. It is a 90 minute (1 hour and 30 minutes) live stream. At the time, I was really hoping that some big things would've came from this, like a Sengoku BASARA 5 announcement.

Edit: Sadly, there was no announcement of a new SB game or even a new SB anime. There were a lot of other announcements, though. I've put them on this topic.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 02:59:36 PM by FelixFox »

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 05:19:14 PM
Happy Sengoku BASARA 15th Anniversary! [:) {:) |:) ]:)

Sengoku BASARA is officially 15 years old! Also, Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi: Anniversary Edition released today. [:) {:) |:) ]:)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:01:22 PM by FelixFox »

Sasha Workbench

• The cutest vixen ever!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 06:49:53 PM
Ian

SW

FelixFox

• Gamer Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 26, 2020, 03:57:42 PM
Ian

He still owes me either the silver fox tail or my $20 back. I feel a little scammed. To be honest, I think I might rather have my $20 back instead because there's other things I want to get.

Also, me and my family might have to move to Fernley because a lot of homes in Fallon are being taken, my mom's older brother is in Fallon right now (he is really bad news), and my parents have been wanting to get out of Fallon anyways.