Author Topic: Comic's strange adventure  (Read 2971 times)

Somebody

• Somebody else.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Well, that just happened.
    • View Profile
on: September 06, 2018, 11:38:07 PM
      Once again, I found myself falling from the sky. Common occurrence to me by now, seeing as I've done it about a million times. The bad thing is turning around so I don't break my neck. Fortunately, I've got it down to a system.
      When I saw where I was about to crash into the ground, though, I realized that this was going to be a very... different adventure. As in, there were trees. Trees as far as the eye could see, and that's never happened to me before. I've grown accustomed to landing in these green fields, I had no idea how to prepare for trees in my way.
      Let me spare you the details and just say that it... wasn't pretty. Scratched all over, I checked my surroundings and found myself in a vast wooded area, with these humongous deciduous trees all over. I tried to look through the canopy, but could only see ruffling leaves.
      Wait. Movement meant someone was there. It something. I've seen a giant man eating squirrel before, and it was not something I'd ever want to see again.
      Suddenly, something fell down to the ground, ten times more gracefully than my landing. It was behind a tree, of course. Did I mention the insane amount of them?
      Naturally, I called out to it, "Hey there, you uh, you need something?"white
      "Blasted rude, that is, destroying the branch I was about to jump onto." The creature replied.
      The thing walked out from behind the tree, but I didn't notice at first. Mostly because I was expecting it to be taller. When I did look down, I was extremely confused.
      "Then again, you're not a Reyn, are you? What are you, some experimental spell gone wrong?"
      It was a small, gray Fox creature standing on two legs. It was about half my height, with large eyes, yet small irises and pupils. It had a cape on its back, and that was it for clothing. And it talked, and said I'm not a reyn, whatever that is.
      "Umm.. name's Cosmic. I am not an experiment, but I am definitely not something you've ever seen before. I don't know what a reyn is, but by the sounds of it, I'm guessing you're one? Oh, and uh, sorry for 'dropping' in."
      Probably shouldn't have made the pun.
      "So, what are you, then? I've never seen anything quite like you, so are you even natural?"
      " first off, I introduced myself and you never introduced yourself, and you called me out over something I had no control over. Second, I'm someone with the ability to travel between universes and dimensions, as well as wield the most powerful weapon in said worlds. (Naturally, my sword shot down into the ground right next to me, it always has a weird delay like that.) FInally, I have good reason to ask who you are, as you are like an alien to me."
      Guess I got the point across, as the little Fox man's eyebrows raised slightly. Well, his eyes did. I couldn't tell if he had eyebrows.
      "And I am a level four mage. Do you really think I'm intimidated by some talk?"
      At this, I raised my left hand, and a brilliant blue and gold beacon shot into the sky, incinerating any branches above us in a perfect circle.
      "Believe me now, Mr mage?" I asked, grinning.
      "Blast. Those trees are ancient, and awarded against fire. How did you do that?" The Fox looked interested now. Finally.
      "First off, what's your name?"
      "Virmir, mage of Caerreyn, level four."
      "Nice to meet you. Say, have you seen a small object fall from the sky lately?"
      "No, not recently, which probably isn't a bad thing."
      Well, shoot. Guess I'll just have to wing it. But maybe...
      "You want to come look for an infinite source of every power imaginable and defeat some sort of evil thing?" I asked Virmir.
      "What do I get?"
      Let me say that I was not amused.
      "How about not getting blown to smithereens or chopped up into little pieces?"
      "What about gold? Otherwise, I'd either leave it turn you into possibly another fox, or something other than what you are?"
      So, he's this kind of guy. Huh.
      "Try me," I said. And he did.
      He ran behind me and pointed some pole at me. Probably a wand, since he said he was a mage. And... Nothing.
      "What, is this thing out of batteries or something?" (No, that is not the weirdest thing I had ever heard.)
      Not sure if it was just me, but I thought I saw the word "Immune" flash before my eyes, like some sort of video game.
      "Blast! How are you not affected? Everyone is!" Guess whatever he tried to do didn't work.
      "NOW will you come? I really will need help, if I know what to expect." I've been through similar processes before in other worlds.
      "Alright, but promise that I'll get something out of it," the Fox muttered.
      "Okay, okay, I'll give you some gold when we're done," I agreed.
       I grabbed my sword, and, as we set of, a silly thought bloomed in my head. Smilling, I put my sword in my left hand and reached up towards Virmir's head. "Don't. Even. Think about it." He muttered.
      " Shoot," I muttered[/pre].

Updates will be coming soon!

Autocorrect is a curse.

Somebody

• Somebody else.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 12:51:45 PM
I realize that not everything in this story works completely right, but it's mostly because I have a tendency to mash things together. I know that Virmir refers to others by what kind of animal they are, but I needed to be able to have a common title for these characters that would be exclusive to the world he's from. Therefore, I used the Reyn species as a general name, even if it's not what anything is referred to in his world. I know Cosmic in his current form isn't an animal, but for the general rule I have for him, he will eventually transform. Also, I decided that since the geography of the world of Crimson Flag is easy to find, I used it since it's harder to determine the geography of Virmir's world. So sorry if it bothers you, I just need to bend the rules of some things to make it easier for me to spell some stuff out.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:44:44 PM by Somebody »

Autocorrect is a curse.

KyleTheRed

• The Grey Fox in Red. Not to be confused with Kylo Ren
  • A tea-addicted Norse Grey Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 05:12:46 PM
I think it's great!

(21:58:52) KieliIndustries: Kylo Reyn
(21:58:52) Virmir: What did you say?
(21:59:05) Virmir: Kylo Reyn? GAH HA HA
(21:59:07) Virmir: I like.
(21:59:33) KyleTheRed: apparently I have a new nickname

Somebody

• Somebody else.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 09:29:00 PM
Thanks! I've finished the second chapter, just need to type it up on here. These stories are fun to make.

Autocorrect is a curse.