Author Topic: Overgrown Lands 2 Subject Summary  (Read 10247 times)

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: January 27, 2010, 11:09:59 PM
One hundred years after the events of OL1, which ended with Hanse and Kiba escaping the Human Kingdoms and saving Donnie's island from being used as a weapon of conquest, our story begins.

One hundred years ago the very first invention of black powder in fireworks and demolitions has lead into the creation of firearms, today in the Overgrown Lands Island Chain the advancement of the firearm has led to Flintlock musket technology. In the northern islands in a city called "Red Cliffs", a revolution is brewing.

As predicted by many people, the dominance of the Monarchs in the region has caused significant unrest in Red Cliffs. It is almost common knowledge that there is a revolutionary movement going on... and they are receiving aid from one particular vixen... Near the docks of Red Cliffs lies the Digo household and business, a lucrative merchant and shipping family.

Natasha Digo, family mother and cook keeps the family fed and together, Henry Digo the savy merchantman and owner of the family business. His success and capital has turned his normally modest worker class living into one of near nobility. Gregor and Trevor, the twin brothers who provide much of the heavy lifting for the family business and both are savvy business boys, very money minded. Lastly Iasha Digo, an acknowledged definition of young adult beauty and health but a very un-woman disposition, such as having a tremendous savvy with gunsmithing and mechanics.

Despite the questionable morality of producing weapons, Iasha's contribution to her family's trading enterprise has earned the Digo clan a good deal of capital through her creations. However most of these shipped creations are for sport or the occasional commission. One day her mother came in to call her up for dinner only to find a crate full of weapons grade rifles and muskets as well as hundreds of lead balls. Natasha knew her daughter was supportive of the rebellion at hand but never knew she was so actively supplying them. Despite a heated conversation, Iasha and her younger brothers delivered the weapons to a safehouse meeting. She exchanged the guns in exchange for her family's exclusion from the executions that was to come. Every noble in the city was targeted, most likely her's as well. With this in hand... she hoped for her family's amnesty amongst the coming times.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:15:04 PM
Oh... Wow Interesting story, but "Near Nobility" cant they claim they're not nobility when the revolution comes?

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:23:07 PM
To the west across the sea and south along the coast of the great continent of Edo, a threesome of vulpines walk up to a small structure at the coast. It was a simple pagoda in shape, only two stories tall. Two of the vulpines were reds, shorter than the third and wearing dark blue/black armor while the third wore bright white and red robes and gauntlets.

"A Shogun hardly get many vacations these days, so if you may..." said the Silray
"Quick, be I shall."
"Oh please... stop with the crazy talk."
"One stroke to ten suns and twelve fingers someone will be assassinated."
The silray tilted his head in annoyance, "Nonsensual language much?"
"You, shogun, will attempt to stop the killing."
"Aaand let me guess... I fail?"
"It is destiny, all is written to time."
"Right then, I won't go." He responds and turns away.
"Resist fate, you try too hard."
"Contrary, I 'am' fate's contradiction." He smiles at the oracle.
"This is something that you cannot simply shrug off. You will be there, in the land of the cliffs soon enough."

The silray left and so remained in Edo for a few days... tempted to resist the oracle. Even yet he cannot shrug the oracle off as she has predicted so much about his own future. He grunted and set off to Red Cliffs anyways. He might as well warn of an assassination. The trip by sea took ten days and he arrived at Red Cliffs with his Raccoon friend.

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 04:26:43 AM
Just make sure you check the tenses, you seem to start in the present and wander into the past.

Your main character is very self confident. He's not so into this whole "fate" thing. I learned something interesting about fate in my English class the other day. My English teacher said, "As this character shows, "fate" consists of the parts of us that we are unwilling to change." In order to contradict fate, he must be very aware of his own behavior. I look forward to seeing how he does. ]:)

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 09:31:16 PM
Cool, Donnie.  Looks good so far. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:33:46 PM
Sorry Lopez... I cannot help it and I didn't proofread these. ANd I got too narrativey. Didn't want to do that.

The morning of the Red Cliffs revolution, one of the lieutenants of the usurpers called out Iasha to do one last favor to 'Guarantee your safety.' The request was not just daunting, it was a monster of a demand. The governor of Red Cliffs is arranging a kind of 'welcoming' ceremony in the largest cathedral closest to the better part of the city. The lieutenant demanded Iasha accompany his group over the roofs of the town and into the cathedral. She was apprehensive but came along.

As it turns out the Governor was arranging this welcome when he got word of Edo's own Hanse Akayuki, the high shogun and second only to their emperor was coming to this very town. Neither Iasha or the rebels knew of his arrival as it was kept very private until the last minute. Even as they ran across the roofs of the town, the silray and his two bodyguards walked through the streets to the cathedral to warn the Governor of his possible fate.

Iasha and the others gathered on the cathedral roof and entered the quiet attic. The vixen wasn't really sure of why she was brought along but before she could really voice her protest the group began to wrap her in tight cloth bandages. Not binding her but rather covering her fur, body, and form. They demanded that she be the one to kill the governor.

The Governor stood on the pedestal and pulled his tie. (dunno if he should be feline or the rebels be feline >_>. I am looking at you kai.) The massive doors shoved open and the silray entered the cathedral and marched down the central path to the Governor.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 03:09:56 AM
The Governor stood on the pedestal and pulled his tie. (dunno if he should be feline or the rebels be feline >_>. I am looking at you kai.)

Bwuhahaha!  ]:)

Hmm up to you really! It would be awesome they were, but also cool if it weren't  are the beasts in the OL 'verse prone to Speciesism (apart from the humans that is)? This sounds more like a class struggle  (haha Being anthro does complicate things like class and race).

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.