Author Topic: Comic 075  (Read 21015 times)

VirBot

• Chat/Forum Bot
  • Bot
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • All toons intrinsically know how to build robots.
    • View Profile
on: January 22, 2010, 09:20:01 PM

This message has been auto-posted by VirBot.  VirBot is not a real person and cannot answer your replies.  VirBot has no plans to take over the world and subjugate the flesh-creatures whatsoever.

Pontos

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:22:16 PM
What can Voltar do? Fight? >_>

I mean, this is not Ragnarok Online. Merchant class can't fight |:P

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:23:31 PM
What can Voltar do? Fight? >_>

I mean, this is not Ragnarok Online. Merchant class can't fight |:P

Maybe Voltair has points in the Thief class? You know how many potions underlings have.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:24:06 PM
Hehehe.. this is quite a shift in attitude from a few hours ago! (Gee it feels like its been WEEEKS ];) ) Asking for Lucians help after accusing him of being a traitor.
* KaiAdin Still thinks Sir Bryces relationship to the queen might Extend deeper than just a Employer/Employee

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:27:56 PM
* KaiAdin Still thinks Sir Bryces relationship to the queen might Extend deeper than just a Employer/Employee

Scandalous!

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Thaeus

• The wielder of spatulas
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • YARR!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 12:45:30 AM
Gotta say...

I love Sir Voltar SO MUCH.  His expression in panel three?  Awesome.  And that hat!

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:59:42 AM
Bryce still has an awesome aura about him.

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 02:22:57 AM
Indeed, lots of great expressions in this one. Seems that Lucian has a plan... well, at least a part of one. I wonder what he'll need the others for... well whatever it is it will surely be better than ramming the warship. And thus, new question springs to mind: will it be better in opinion of our heroes, or better in opinion of the Drama Gods? Because these two are usually laying in opposite directions... {;)

And, blast it, a larger version of Voltar's face would make one awesome avvie somewhere... too bad that'd be character hijacking. {:P

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

LilFluff

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 06:38:37 PM
Wait... Is Sir Voltar reading the speech balloon? Oh, he must be like Deadpool or Squirrel Girl and realize he's in a comic strip. Or maybe I'm in too much of a silly mood. :p

But yeah, agree with KaiAdin, at least for the moment Bryce seems to have decided that Lucien is useful.

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 06:55:27 PM
But how will Lucian feel about attacking his father? There's got to be a little conflict going on inside his mind right now. Firstly, he doesn't LIKE his father, but that doesn't mean that he WANTS to attack him. I mean, attacking his father will bring JUSTICE, but then again attacking him will be SUICIDE. He's sort of confident, but let's not forget, again, that he and Sir Bryce got in a fight in comic 46...http://crimsonflagcomic.com/comic.php?comicID=46. Ouch. So he's not exactly Sir Bryce's friend. How will he feel about being used in a suicide mission by him?

But then again, he HAS to rescue the queen, right?

But then again, what about the other two? What's going to happen to them?

I have a feeling he'll focus on keeping the two of them safe first, then going after the queen, while trying to keep Bryce fighting his father so he doesn't have to. ]:O Who knows?

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 07:42:33 PM
Wait... Is Sir Voltar reading the speech balloon? Oh, he must be like Deadpool or Squirrel Girl and realize he's in a comic strip. Or maybe I'm in too much of a silly mood. :p

Haha I doubt it was Intentional, though seeing as he's the comic relief he *might* have an idea that hes in a comic... but probably not.

Firstly, he doesn't LIKE his father, but that doesn't mean that he WANTS to attack him. I mean, attacking his father will bring JUSTICE, but then again attacking him will be SUICIDE.

Ouch. So he's not exactly Sir Bryce's friend. How will he feel about being used in a suicide mission by him?

I don't think the mission would be suicidal, it might certainly strain the family relationship... but Lucian already made it somewhat clear at the beginning in Comic 20 that he would have no part in this.

Showing up to rescue the Queen however that would be interesting! Not just the familial tension... but perhaps in that it rests on Lucians Shoulders to prevent all out war between the two races of Reyn, possibly to mediate between his father and Sir Bryce and such.

Actually I suppose Lucian thought of that initially, and thats why now hes working with Sir Bryce and such, in order to be able to diffuse the situation before it gets out of hand. (Though since its is a comic... things will utterly fail)

If anything.. the best thing for Lucian to do.. is to First Get to his father (to get the whole story) then rescue the Queen . And Obviously Sierra and Voltar the plot devices to prevent lucian from completing this goal.

Stapleface

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 05:36:04 AM
And here I was, half expecting him to break off into how Bryce reminded him of his father... and how he hated his father.

Why so serious?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:37:54 AM by Stapleface »

Foxotcw

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 02:44:47 AM

Scandalous!

I agree with both of you.  What I like so much about Bryce is that he has such knightly virtues.  In that tradition, a knight's love is chaste (i.e. for his queen) but it is very intense and motivates him to rescue her from dragons, etc.

I also like the way Bryce is obviously very intelligent, and functions as a kind of state advisor as well as bodyguard.  It's a nice twist on the stereotypical knight, and I like intellectual characters who are noble and can kick butt.

LilFluff

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 05:09:56 PM
Hmm. Can't say if Bryce has any inappropriate feelings for the Queen. But on a totally less serious note, I love his glasses. I'd love to get a pair of rectangular lens glasses. Pince-nez style too, although with my nose being a bit crooked I'm not sure how well that would work.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 09:28:43 PM
Pince-nez style too, although with my nose being a bit crooked I'm not sure how well that would work.

I think they would work, they just Pinch the bridge if your nose, a bit higher from there normal glasses sit (or even in the same place) mind you they might get sore after a while even if you don't have prescription lenses in them.
* KaiAdin has been trying to find any optical dispenser has *has* pince-nez in their ranges

(alas they only seem to be a novelty item thesedays)