Author Topic: Weird Dreams  (Read 114683 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: April 23, 2013, 12:25:06 PM
It started with Yemen, which for some reason I was in to "monitor the situation."  I was watching from a rooftop, watching some anti government protests go around a plaza, when a fellow agent or whatever crumples to the floor, obviously shot.  I run behind cover, and take a shot at the shooter one rooftop over-but now suddenly our weapons are Super Soakers.  I lament the fact that my range is still rather limited, so getting bored with shooting my opponent I deem it appropriate to spray passerbies below.  Then somehow the thought comes to me that a truck nearby is filled with cesium, which of course does not react well to water.  I try and avoid said truck, but now my former shooting opponent has taken to indiscriminately firing his water gun around below, and he of course sprays the cesium filled truck.

I duck for cover as a massive explosion erupts, and peeking up I see that the truck has left a large hole in the ground, one that seems quite blocky.  Minecrafty even.

The dream shifts to me playing Minecraft, and I'm tunneling down until I reach a cave filled with 3 creepers.  I curse myself for having a bow but no arrows in my inventory, and try and pick them off with hit and runs.  But of course the server I'm apparently playing on is laggy so I end up getting kersploded by the last creeper who I hadn't killed yet.  Respawning, I find myself reappearing... in the clouds.  And I fall until I hit the ground and die again.  Sighing I hit respawn again, and sure enough I emerge at the cloud level and begin falling.

Well, that's nuts I decide, but as my character falls he lands on an airship, and the dream is now third person and realistic, following an adventurer who's attempting to follow some murderer who's flying this thing.  He grabs a support wire, slidsing down and down until he slams feet first into the cabin.  Dramatic camera shots and bullet time ensue as he guns down a whole slew of guards before making his way to the cabin.  The hero kicks open the  door to reveal an evil Russian at the controls, attempting to fly the airship over the Super Bowl so it can be bombed. 

Suddenly the dream is first person again, and I'm running below trying to disable the bombs.  I climb onto one and the supports dangle, leaving me hanging precariously.  Suddenly BOOM goes the airship as the hero or the Russian blew something up, and the whole thing starts descending and crashing into a lake.  I leap off at the last minute, landing in a fishing boat now containing my great-uncle and my brother.  My great-uncle is teasing my brother, saying that after fishing they'll go hunting and they can shoot a deer, then my brother can mount the head on the front of his bike and attract ladies with it (and yes, he actually does make jokes like that). 

I of course and terrified about becoming seasick, and am scrambling looking through a bag trying to find motion sickness pills.  I eventually find two, but one of them slips out of my hand and falls into the lake.  For some reason the logical thing to do is dive into the lake after it.  I jump in, now mysteriously in swimming trunks as I yell at my brother to watch his fishing line, cause he's going to snag that hook in my skin.  And that's about when I wake up.

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: May 23, 2013, 03:22:08 AM
I can never remember my full dreams, only fragments of them. This is one such fragment.

I was going from somewhere, and was either walking along on a road of some description, or it was moving by itself, like an airport moving walkway. There were three people I knew talking about me behind me. Suddenly hell broke loose and an innumerable horde of soldiers of the Mason Order from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (red armor and class-defined as well) began running down the road, sweeping me along with them.
I was on what seemed to be the leading edge of this mad rush, I looked over my right shoulder to see one of the running soldiers get overtaken by another and hit with a jumping quarterstaff strike. I kept running, looking back to my left in time to see another soldier wielding a half-moon axe with a long handle strike at me. He missed, I wrenched the weapon from his hands and attempted to strike him back with it. I missed as well and turned back to the road ahead.
There was a Vanguard crouched in my path wielding a long two-handed sword, as if to either challenge or impede the sprinting mass before him. When I came to him, I leaped over him with no trouble and continued running. There was a grunt from behind me indicating that a following soldier had also made the jump, and then...
Then my alarm went off, and I woke up.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #122 on: June 19, 2013, 03:34:09 AM
Here's a dream I believe which would be suitably weird for here:

This dream was centered around this weird trial of sorts, was also strangely inspired by Harry Potter to a degree, anyways, so it was against a friend of mine, and I was posing as an ordinary student of magic, I had a friend with me and she was also disguised with me, we looked human, but were not. So these older teacher mage/wizard guys in the trial were going along with their usual court stuff, asking about the whereabouts of this fellow and all the usual details.

I remember whispering to what I eventually found out was my sister next to me, as we sometimes included our own facts and whatnot, and I can remember telling her about if she remembers the place we came from, and she did, and we had this crazy flashback, we were some sort of arctic arctic fox/otter things, we could breathe underwater and above air, and we were captured and stuff, but we survived due to magic.

There was a bit of a break and I was told by my sister to go far away from here, she would handle things and free our friend from the clutches of the evil magic school/academy thing, so I nodded and agreed, seemed simple enough, I slipped out and donned some Wintery gear and set out, it was dusk [I think, it wasn't day time and too bright for night], but not cold, which was very nice, clear skies with some cloud, and faint stars, etc. So not too long into the trip, I felt like I was pursued, I go into the village nearby that was just there sorta, and I found a random house and hid inside.

Yep, I was indeed being followed, whatever did I suppose just went away and lost me for the time being, but I was not out of trouble just yet, I crept through the house, and there was other people inside so I went to some child's house and disguised and became a plush toy, no one suspected a thing! After danger was evaded for now, I got up and I almost made it to the back door with no detection at all, when I was startled by someone and then rushed really fast to the door and opened it, dove out and closed it, and just kept running for a while.

Eventually found this perfect place for a shelter, and did so, made some weird igloo thing that also was made of towels, I dunno why, but it worked! it totally looked so blended in with everything and totally not any sort of shelter, or so I thought.... Nope, I was eventually found the next morning, when a group of student people and some teacher mage came along and they blasted down the apparently super thick door thing, and down it went! I was confronted, and outnumbered, as I lay on the snowy floor a bit dazed and fatigued, and they all chanted spells as they aimed at me, I managed to just in time, rise up and dodge, action hero style.

[Now we get to the more silly part!] I then pointed my currently mitten-paws at them and chanted some weird spell, firing silly things like springs and boxes at them and they got knocked out and otherwise incapacitated. I got a 1-up and just in time for the 'boss', we fought for a bit and exchanged a few mighty blows from our magic battle. Then I managed to flee again back to the village, and then pressed on a bit further until an ambush happened, and I immediately charged and punched the ground, teleporting in a blazing hellstorm of fire around me.

Afterwards, I arrive back with my sister in the dream, and I was all fatigued and weak from using too much magic or something, so she along with the other friend, took me away to someplace safe as I slowly passed out.

THE END.

It was interesting and different anyways. [:P

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

PrincessToyTime

• View Profile
Reply #123 on: June 19, 2013, 05:39:03 AM
And have another strange one too! two for one! [:P

I had another dream, it was short, involving me being sleepy in some bed in some room, and I woke up to turn on a TV, and I enter this cutscene with Mars, being all retro video game sprite looking and apparently spewing asteroids out randomly, also all retro sprite graphic like. So anyways, I decided that was probably dangerous, and dooming my homeworld, so I opted to do something about it! I hopped into the TV and went to space, and transformed into this dinosaur with a long tail, I am not sure what species it was, surely not a T-Rex, but it was bipedal, and I was surfing in space on a generic wooden door that would belong to a house, yep, no idea why.

So my adventure went all video gamey-like and I was dodging crazy nonsense in space like giant worms that wanted to eat me, and lawnchairs, and traffic cones, random generic political figures, and even chocolate cake, apparently that stuff's dangerous! I controlled myself like I was playing a video game, dodging as I made my way to the first boss, he was a giant taco, and I ate him, super easy, I eventually got to the planet Mars and when I landed on it, It wasn't Mars at all! I wasn't even in space it turns out. Nope, all of this was happening inside Toast's mind all along when it zoomed out and I exited the game, who knew, right? [:P

I suppose It is strongly implied I would reside inside his mind for a while, as the dream ended with me spawning into some lobby, like in Diddy Kong Racing, and was to go to the next map/level/thing navigating my hovering house door surfboard riding generic dinosaur character, who was unnamed, didn't even know what gender even!

THE END! [:)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:41:05 AM by Trask »

PrincessToyTime

• View Profile
Reply #124 on: June 19, 2013, 06:00:06 PM
Actually, lets add a third dream too. [:)

So yeah, I dreamed I was watching my friend play a video game, and it was like a strange mix of platformers, especially Super Mario World being the dominant one, but with elements of Megaman and Pokemon, one thing I noticed especially... a Zigzagoon you could ride as a yoshi, and it looked oddly familiar to a friend of mine I knew who it belonged to.

I was living with Wolfe apparently at the time, and I can remember he was playing this game, anyways, in this game I have no idea what the goal was, and it was using Super Mario World 2/Yoshi's Island textures but had like, Megaman enemies, and other enemies from other games in it, and my friend died eventually in the game, and I got really tired and passed out in a very big and sudden pile of BIG FLOOFY BLANKETS, it was so comfy. [It's funny what details you remember so well!]

I woke up to find I was in the game, and I went to this inn in the game, and Tallyn, another friend of mine, and that zigzagoon I mentioned earlier were there and all of them gave me such an unamused face, as if they were all waiting for me. So I just stood there and apologized, for some reason, about this story involving goldfish and bullet bills and they forgave me after I gave them each Oreos.

So we set out onto our adventure and I rode the zigzagoon like a Yoshi, and when poked by enemies, it ran from me, Yoshi style, and well... we spent this entire time chasing it down to catch it. [:P

Juubi

• The Mage Forsaken by Time
  • [Tail overflow detected. Reset universe? Y/Y]
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: July 25, 2013, 07:46:56 PM
So, I dreamed a dream of ages gone by.
I was in the backyard of my house, at some sort of birthday party. I had a wooden sword, and was sword-fighting with a couple of younger kids, one of whom acted like he was my brother. Pretty soon I got bored, then went inside the house, down a hall, and into a bedroom, where... Well, Dave Strider was chilling on a bed, playing some unnamed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game.
"Hey...?"
"sup"
So, I sat down next to him and watched his team, which oddly consisted of a Torchic, a Squirtle/Mudkip, I can't remember which, a Druddigon, and Reshiram, for some reason. At some point, I took the DS and played, and noticed that the party could walk through walls, even though none of them are ghost type. So I looked through the Key Items list, and found, among other things, "HM" (Yes, that's all it's called), some type strengthening rusted cans, and a Bandanna that acted like the Mobile Scarf from previous games, but without the drawbacks. I called hax.
After finding a few more cans, I went to this old soda shop styled like a saloon. There was a gate by the side of a counter showing an open field, and a sign next to it that said "Raikou". So obviously, I decided to go in there. For passage, I had to give this old, seedy guy one of each type of can. I gave him a few of the cans I had, then sold him some unique rocks, one of which looked like it had a hat on, and sat down for a round of soda, "On the house", as he said. At some point during all this, we turned from Pokemon to humans, not quite clear on when.
The man gave us each some old style soda hoses, and instead of giving us glasses, just had us stick them in our mouths and pull the triggers. And we drank. And drank. And got very fat and round. At which point I was woken.

Revivification! *sips his tea*

Ezekiel Moon

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: August 21, 2013, 02:49:41 AM
This is how my dream went, and as a note, the young man is who I was throughout the dream; it just varied between first and third person.

A young man in a costume of a humanoid cat person wearing clothes is running through a cafeteria around the line that’s formed there.  He has a fake tail attatched to his pants in the back, a pair of fake ears on top of his head, and a rubber prosthetic mask glued to his face with makeup to look more natural.  He is weaving through pillars in the cafeteria and finally makes it outside, where there are still some pillars dotting the area where he’s running.  He sees his companion, dressed like a cat person as well, and he starts running at full speed, making his previous speed look negligible.  He then slows down a little bit and starts running along the embankment of a slow moving waterway of some kind.  Water is splashing up onto him, and he curves back around to the direction he was running from and is somehow teleported to a different world, but it’s still (seemingly) same place. 

He looks up and into the window of a two story building where he sees a human King and his daughter plotting against the Queen.  He steps into the upstairs room and confronts them.  This is when the Queen comes in and the daughter attacks the young man, who is still in the period clothes, but not wearing the ears, tail, prosthetics, or makeup anymore.  He grabs the knife and holds it by the ring it folds onto, but is too late to save the Queen – the daughter stabs her through the heart while the Queen is trying to protect her upper belly.  The young man then swings the knife in a backhanded gesture and kills the daughter, and the King chases him out and around the corner. 

The young man is now playing darts with blunt darts, and one of them bounces off the dart board and onto the ground.  He then uses a mechanical stand of some sort like a hockey stick, hitting the dart just past the King, ricocheting it off of a pipe that’s going up a wall and into an instant macaroni and cheese bowl that is around where the young man can not see.  He goes around the corner – right past the King – and picks up the dart triumphantly, causing the populous of human people around him to applaud and the King to just grumble under his breathe and walk away. 

The young man the follows the King, and a voice is heard saying, as if it were an announcer in a movie, “But the King has a brother, and that brother hated the King and always wanted his position of power…” as the young man is spinning something like it’s a Yo-yo on a string, which whacks the brother in the side of his face.  The brother turns to the young man and, in a booming voice, declares, “do you know what that is?” as he looks at the thing on a string, which is now a pendant with a chip missing from the bottom of it and half of the hole where the chain originally went was missing, and the chain itself was now on a now link attached right beside the broken one.  The young man starts to say that it was a family heirloom, but only is able to say, “it’s a fam-“ before being cut off by the brother, who says, “It is the last piece of our family jewels, which was stolen by you!”.  The young man tries to say that it wasn’t him, that it was a big misunderstanding, but it all comes out garbled.  The brother continues, “You shall now be punished!” and he starts zapping the young man, who starts to feel himself physically change.  At this point in the dream, my mind starts to wake up and think of what I would become, which in turn wakes me up at exactly 2:30am.

Chivalry isn’t dead - it is merely an exceedingly rare ideal that few understand, and even fewer truly believe in and follow.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: September 01, 2013, 04:39:00 AM
So I was catching up on Wasteland 2 forums yesterday. Read a lot.
And well, in the result I've dreamed of some odd cross-over where the WL2 game UI and rules mostly applied, but the only "Ranger" I had was Elwood Blues, and the world was a kind of a mix between the two.
I remember opening a safe in the middle of the desert that was belonging to some gangster (who drove us there to shoot the player characters, but got killed himself),
and having a Highway Patrol car approach, the officer get out, and having to bluff him (mixed success, he let us free but took the stuff from the safe).
Also, thinking "Too bad there was no budget to include car chases in the game" at one point.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Raf_Cian

• View Profile
Reply #128 on: September 16, 2013, 11:15:10 AM
Player actually had a dream worth relating today.

Kid/teen gets dropped off for a school orientation. Orientation ends up having a lot more hands on aptitude tests than he's used to, but he excels with flying colors. Kid gets to the paperwork portion of the test and hits a snag when he's unable to pay the admission fee... because they're being asked for in gold coin. Befuddled and rejected, the kid walks home alone.

Back at school, after hours, the principle fumes why the most gifted child mage they've seen in years was just allowed walk out the door.

...and that's about the end of it. Really short, right before conscious mind realized it was awake. So many ways you can expand this into an actual story, though, all involving elaborating details that are never really clear in a dream.

foxgamer01

• Solid Fox, Daren Crevan
  • Allons-Y
    • View Profile
    • Foxgamer01 of DA
Reply #129 on: September 18, 2013, 02:21:52 PM
Well, I got a dream to tell. It's rather short and I only remember one part of it, but I think it's worth telling.

Basically what happened is that I was about to mow the lawn when I saw someone with some lawn tractor already mowing it. I got annoyed, mainly because he did it without me asking him to and that I have to pay him when he's done. So I told him to leave, that we don't want his services, and he did, looking very annoyed while driving that tractor away.

Rather short, I admit. The reason why I thought it was worth telling is that, when I was mowing the lawn today, a person drove by in his truck and offered to mow the lawn for me. I declined and he leaved. . . . Are my dreams prophetic? XD

Well, at least he asked first before mowing the lawn and he had a lawn mower instead of a tractor.

(19:14:28) Virmir: All of Foxgamer's pics are either super happy or BATTLE.
(19:14:53) Virmir: Except that one roo one.
--

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: October 05, 2013, 06:49:12 AM
Walking around my old neighborhood, riding a bike around it, and also visiting a couple completely unrecognizable to awake-me places.
Sounds boring, right?
Well... it all was in a fursuit.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

foxgamer01

• Solid Fox, Daren Crevan
  • Allons-Y
    • View Profile
    • Foxgamer01 of DA
Reply #131 on: March 23, 2014, 02:54:19 PM
Well, this is one I just had this morning. And before you ask, I did played a FPS game before sleeping, but that hours ago. Though I was downloading another FPS game. >.|.>

What happened is that, well, I think I'm traveling with my family to another state, with me searching for another job. Luckily, I found one that would accept me. It seems too good to be true. Well, it is. It turns out that they were furry terrorists who are planning to destroy something big (what I'm not sure. Heck, I'm not sure if terrorists is the right word.  I'm just calling them that because I've found submachine guns and a few grenades in a place that shouldn't have them). I called my dad before I was found out and I held them off with the guns. It was going pretty well until the leader of them turns out to be so tough that bullets bounce right off. Of course, he was too near to use the grenades, so I was about to give up until dad came, distracting him long enough to get away as I set the grenade. It blasted him away, but to make sure he's dead, I put one in his mouth and his chest exploded.

And that's it. Sad part is that I was playing Oblivion before sleeping and I enjoyed that game much more. Why can't I have a dream about that!?

(19:14:28) Virmir: All of Foxgamer's pics are either super happy or BATTLE.
(19:14:53) Virmir: Except that one roo one.
--

Raf_Cian

• View Profile
Reply #132 on: March 24, 2014, 02:07:50 PM
Another dream that could be a story hook hit me last night. Which is kind of the only dreams I remember since I end up spending the entire morning after mulling over them how the plot would progress if developed. Anyway, reducing down to just the dream and not everything that has buzzed around my head in the brainstorms afterwards...

I'm being driven to school by my brother, who for some reason has a big beard like my uncle and doesn't take me to school itself but some friend's house that is kinda sorta within walking distance to school. Not my real bother's behavior, but whatever.

Walk to school, and it's a little unclear whether this is supposed to be walking to high school or college, and I end up at this weird school for go-kart racing gods... like literal Mario Kart style racing with anthropomorphic dog jocks at the wheel. Bit hard to describe how this was someone a school unless you watched any episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh GX, but the only way to describe this school is if for some reason someone at Nascar watched his kids watch an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh GX followed by playing a game of Mario Kart and suddenly got the "brilliant" idea to mash the two ideas together.

Anyway, I'm as confused as to why I'm there as you probably are reading this, but the instructors give me some personality tests and then have me ride shotgun in the "pace car" for one of the student driving tests. There's four racers; three whom are best friends / home room / guild mates something and one who is darker and edgier but not in the lone shark way since there's one larger gang / home room / guild that is dominating the student body and wow do my dreams come with a lot of subtext and overcomplicated details before the conscious parts of my mind get hold of them.

So yeah. The race happens, and there is a crash, and suddenly the leader of the group of friends and the edgier student start fighting using their Mario Kart like powers outside of their race vehicles. There's lightening going everywhere, so I get out of the "pace car", because it isn't really a car at all but some mobile bleachers like some glorified Disney ride, and try and take cover.

"Take cover" is a vague term in this situations involving grassy knolls and flag poles, creating some logic errors for my brain to start to wake up and justify with conscious deliberations so this is about where the dream part ends. There is one final part that is dream though and not pillow head brainstorming. For some reason the leader of the racer good guys crawls over to me where I'm cowering and "tags me in", as if someone getting a zap of good lightening is different from getting a zap of evil lightening.

So yeah. I've been mulling that over all morning and constructing a cosmology around it. And some of you probably wonder what I mean when I say "I HAVE TOO MANY IDEAS IN MY HEAD!" Not even going to get into what those brainstorms are within this thread, since it would be off topic.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: September 06, 2014, 11:03:58 AM
So on today's bizarro episode I had a dream where I shot my family.
Or at least the dream in implied I did, my brain likes to take dreams and then change the background during the middle and imply that certain things happened when I actually can't remember them.

Started with me and Nagolinc being ourselves and taking long walks around the exterior of a property, just talking about stuff.  At some point we just sort of had guns, and there were other party/social event goers who were just ambling about and chatting, and at some point they also had guns, especially double barreled shotguns for some reason.  Well of course the dream took on an FPS vibe and it soon became "shoot them before they shoot us" and soon me and Nagol were patrolling the entire property shooting the surprised and screaming party goers before one of them could pull out their shotgun (and oddly there was always one person in each cluster who had one).

Well at some point the dream decided that my family was along and that we had already shot them, and Nagol's too.  Though, at this point I also asked him if we were using blanks, and he said yes.  Thusly we realistically shot people with blanks.

Finally we had basically cleared the property of annoying party goers and were patrolling it when two new cars showed up, and despite the whole thing being a prank the dream was inconsistent and we felt like we had witnesses to our crime.  However one of the cars belonged to another friend of ours and we looked at each other and went "Nah, we can't kill him!"  and we walked down to the property's waterfront and threw the guns in the water, hoping to dispose of the evidence.

The dream's inconsistent tone then jumped back to the prank mode, and Nagol said that he had already talked to his dad who was still playing dead and didn't want to get up yet until he could shock someone by playing zombie.  Also he joked that everyone else was going to get us later in a few months, with the implication of a mass amount of water balloons would have our names on them.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: September 07, 2015, 11:42:40 AM
So my memory of this one is sketchy but involved something involving pokemon that didn't exist, Ash Ketchum, evil spirits/aliens/whatever that were body swapping with everyone and making them invisible ghosts. 

The was one scene I oddly remember where one of the faux pokemon found himself in a dream sequence (INCEPTION!!) stuck on a purple ocean with green skies on an aboandoned boat, right after he had been examining a small strangely acting pokemon sitting on a table.  From the possessed looking sea came the spirit that had been inhabiting the small pokemon, in its true form, and attacked our 1st faux pokemon like a giant flying worm.  Thus began the first possession, which was later joined off screen when Ash Ketchum was possessed, and his spirt torn from his body, leaving him to communicate with people as a ghostly cat.

Then there was some scene where the ghost Ash Ketchum was attempting to communicate with someone flying passenger in a fighter jet by leaving a mysterious purple M on the glass (don't ask why, that's one scene I just remember clearly).

The threat from the mysterious possessing spirits was saved and their maniacal plan, whatever it exactly was, was foiled when we hurried next door to the hospital/retirement home and roused all the handicapped and old people into a righteous frenzy that stormed the bad guys in their convention center.

... I really wish I could remember my dreams better because they are frequently like this and it's awesome.