Author Topic: Comic 320  (Read 14505 times)

VirBot

• Chat/Forum Bot
  • Bot
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • All toons intrinsically know how to build robots.
    • View Profile
on: October 03, 2014, 09:01:32 PM

This message has been auto-posted by VirBot.  VirBot is not a real person and cannot answer your replies.  VirBot has no plans to take over the world and subjugate the flesh-creatures whatsoever.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:02:56 PM
I predict some big boss fight vs super saiyen Julian

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 09:03:30 PM
So shapeshifting is a Gray Reyn racial ability?

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

plazmastorm

• Just another feline, nothing to see here
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Oh boy...
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 09:04:11 PM
I guess now the only question is whether Julian as noticed it yet or not.

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed believing whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."
-Morpheus

Zarpaulus

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 09:05:41 PM
Well the most obvious thing that comes to mind is that dear old dad might be able to change back.

And I was thinking that the True Starist's transformations might be related to the cloak.

Raf_Cian

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 09:25:32 PM
The maximum mass seems to be limited? Well that crushes the dreams of me and some of the taurs in the room.

Oh, and yes. I do agree that this is totally connected to the so called "true power of the goddess" that the True Starist were wielding.

I do think we need to hold off on calling it a red racial ability. Check with some arctic or fennic fox mages first... there are arctic fox mages, right?

Zeo Fawx

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 09:31:21 PM
I guess now the only question is whether Julian as noticed it yet or not.

I have a feeling that's EXACTLY what Lucian is about to say.

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 10:41:53 PM
Calling scene change.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Aira Fox

• Fox of the Forest
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 10:56:26 PM
Cue foreboding tune. *Dun-dun-dun!*

Selena Hallore

• Queen of Winter
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Happiness Is The Most Important Thing
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 04:01:50 PM
So, the Reds cannot shapeshift and yet they are still effected by the power of that staff. I wonder who created the staff, and I wonder what it's purpose was originally.

Kind of a shame that the Reds cannot shapeshift at will, but perhaps this power affords the Reds a different ability.

Now that Lucien can shapeshift himself and other people, shouldn't he change the Queen back to normal, she might give him a title as a reward like, I dunno, Lord of the Elderwood. {;)

Though my avatar may look mean, I am not, so feel free to chat if you like. {:)

I wish I had a fox to cuddle. {;)

Do not create for money or renown. Create to inspire thought, feeling, and happiness in those that will come to know your work. {:)

ChaseTheFox

• Orange Fox
  • Hey! It's the shapehsifting orange fox!
    • View Profile
    • My website! (Tale Chasers, character bio, worldbuilding, and more!)
Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 09:54:59 PM
Lucian seems kinda eager to try out this new power of his, don't you think?

Zarpaulus

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 11:18:56 PM

Now that Lucien can shapeshift himself and other people, shouldn't he change the Queen back to normal, she might give him a title as a reward like, I dunno, Lord of the Elderwood. {;)

I'd think Lucian has that by birthright now that Julian is banished.  Of course, the Queen would be in her rights to strip it from their family, and I suspect that many of the Greys consider Lucian a traitor or something.

Foxotcw

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 08:20:16 AM
Perhaps shapeshifting is so contrary to the teachings of the Lady of the Stars that a religious Red like Sierra can't even imagine doing it.  Her faith blocks her from seeing "the cloak" that Lucian describes, but also gives her the power to see the aura of the staff as something evil.

The True Starists--at least the cute pope--seemed to have the power to transform.  That may have been one of the "demonic" powers that they gained by completely renouncing the Lady of the Stars.

Zarpaulus

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 08:18:04 PM
Perhaps shapeshifting is so contrary to the teachings of the Lady of the Stars that a religious Red like Sierra can't even imagine doing it.  Her faith blocks her from seeing "the cloak" that Lucian describes, but also gives her the power to see the aura of the staff as something evil.

The True Starists--at least the cute pope--seemed to have the power to transform.  That may have been one of the "demonic" powers that they gained by completely renouncing the Lady of the Stars.

Renounce?  I thought the True Starists were fanatical followers of the Lady of the Stars who rejected the Queen's claim for some reason.

And the staff Julian used has a certain resemblance to the church's iconography.

Foxotcw

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 11, 2014, 12:38:34 AM

Renounce?  I thought the True Starists were fanatical followers of the Lady of the Stars who rejected the Queen's claim for some reason.

And the staff Julian used has a certain resemblance to the church's iconography.

Yes, you're right.  I forgot the "TRUE POWER of the Lady of the Stars" line.
My point is still the same:  transformation may be a "demonic" power (worse than guardian spirits) for orthodox Red believers.