Author Topic: DoW the 3rd  (Read 134798 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 14, 2013, 11:45:04 PM
Turn 6

These dice blasted hate me
Digital Vulpine - (5-3=2) 2+3+10=15 moved
Donnie - (12-8=4) 4+3+11=18
Draykin - (15-0=15) 15+0+10=25 moved
Fax - (10-10=0) 0+3+12=15 moved
FrostedLights - (15-12=3) 3+1+12=16
Geary - (24-19=5) 5+1+11=17
I am the IZOD - (11-9=2) 2+3+10=15 moved
Kenku - (15-0=15) 15+0+10=25  moved
PineapplesOfScience - (13-1=12) 12+0+11=23 moved
Radioactive Toast - (20-17=3) 3+3+2=8
Snow - (11-9=2) 2+3+12=17 moved
Stormkit - (17-13=4) 4+3+11=18 moved
Tech - (26-23=3) 3+1+10=14 moved
Trask - (18-16=2) 2+1+12=15 moved

Wiki: http://dow.crimsonflagcomic.com/doku.php?id=game3

Base

Alignment

Underground

Climate

Races

Race color key

Races
Chiaro+1
  Orders:
  Adventurers' Guild
  Order of the Second Tail
Crondins+0
  Orders:
  Ngarjeck
  Order of the First Tail
  Elder Rights
Elementals+0
  Orders:
  The Balance
Knowlsek+0
   Subraces: Tin
  Orders:
  The Plex
Melodians+1
  Orders:
  Church of the Lights
Miz+0
  Orders:
  The Hexogon
Pendri+1
  Orders:
  Church of the Burning Light
Terrans+0
  Orders:
  Council of the Round Table
  Knights of the Round Table
  Order of the Third Tail
Tiatlaca+0
  Orders:
  Water-Bearers
  Order of the Fifth Tail
Utoypia+1
  Orders:
  Toymancers
  Order of the Fourth Tail
Zemeri+0
  Orders:
  Scions of Shadow and Moonlight

Adam Smith
Corvo the Allfather
Danyel Yekson
The Dungeonkeeper
Ember Wind Dragon
Fios the Sea-lamander
Flurps
Hrakihk
Ignis
Isaac Newton
John Locke
Khayos
Myrddin Ambrosius
Richard, God of Fate
Syrask Kyuro
Tizocoatl
The Wanderer
The Zenith
Zerky

5(roll)+1(Advances) vs 2(roll)+1(Advances)
The battle of Delini Pusobu proceeds with a brief clash near the gates, followed by a large scale rout as the element of surprise wins for the Crondin Raiders, as well as the fact that the Scouts marched harder and exhusted themselves more in trying to get to the city to fortify it.  The result is that the Crondin Raiders wipe out the Scouts and enter the city, and after sacking it fortify it as conquerors.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:19:21 AM by Radioactive_Toast »

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 14, 2013, 11:46:49 PM
Doodoodododo

PASS

Snow

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 15, 2013, 12:08:14 AM
(Starting points: a whopping 17!)

Create Avatar: THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE (7)

Not every artifact of destiny turns into a sword, or transforms you, or makes you a mighty warrior. Nor is every magical force a mysterious crystal. This one is a humble-looking wooden wheel, made by mortal hands. Its craftsman was a merchant desperate to repair his wagon so he could sell his wares at the next town. He let his friends fend off the monsters, befriend the local villagers, and so on, while he worked humbly.

From the day he installed that new wheel, fortune followed him. You know how there's somehow a shopkeeper standing right outside the Tower of Ultimate Peril, ready to sell you his stock of legendary +7 crystal swords and Potions of Cure Ridiculous Wounds? He basically got to be that guy. He was always in the right place at the right time. But after he got lazy and took his mercantile skill for granted, the merchant lost his wagon, and the wheel rolled and bounced into other hands. Sometimes it was a ship's wheel, or even a random restaurant decoration that happened to attract just the right customers. In any case, the Wheel exerted a benign and subtle influence on fate, on behalf of all the non-adventurer folk.

Command Avatar (Zenith) to Create City (1)
Here's what we'll do. I've got my magic Zenith axe strapped to me, so I can leap really far, right? I'm gonna run full-tilt off that cliff and leap way over onto that island that's hoverin' over the sea an' the rocks an' the spikefish. Then you lads grab hold of some ropes I'll lower, and climb on up with the supplies."
"This is the best plan ever!"

After several attempts, explorers to the south managed to establish a coastal settlement (at D4) that included elaborate rope bridges to several floating islands. This sea-and-sky town took its name from the lookout towers and other buildings that hung improbably over the docks and farms: Highland.

Command Order to Raise Army (3)
"You made a sport out of it?!"
"Why not? It's not that far to Braddock Isle from Connach's Fall."
The merchant leaned against his fancy wagon. "I would think the name would dissuade you."
"Nah! Look. We chipped some bits of the floatin' rock off Braddock Isle and stuffed 'em in our saddlebags, so we can glide a bit as we leap off the cliff. They make us a bit lighter, see? So you can recreate the heroic foundin' of Highland -- if you've got the stones for it."

Highland prospered, but as the people experimented with boats (and the mysterious floatstone), there were troublesome stories of monsters in the southern sea. Persistent rumors of a beast called Nessie led to the town's merchants and sailors helping to fund the first (semi-) organized military force in Chiaro history: The Highland Watch. It focused on how the city might be defended by land, on the theory that "fightin' on a boat means bein' a mass of wet fur sittin' on a plank on top of somethin' that don't need a thing to stand on."

Command Avatar (Wheel of Fortune) to Create City (1)
"There's somethin' unnatural about 'em," said Sean, advancing with a lantern held high. His footsteps echoed with Weaver Mab's as they explored the tunnels. "An' I can't help thinkin' it's from the eastern dark."
Mab smiled at him. "I thought this was about founding a new town, not fretting over some cult." She studied the passageways, marked by decades of explorers who'd found safe spots and not-so-safe spots. Seemed reasonable to turn the usual campsite into a permanent defense outpost for the sake of getting at some of the minerals down here. And hey, why mine them yourself when you could build a shop and mine the miners?
"There's more trouble brewin' than you think. I want people livin' here in a good defensible area just in case armies of monsters come for us one day. Or... other things. If my gold an' silver can help you get set up, well, I guess it doesn't matter if you believe me. But I wish you would."
Mab turned to the grizzled merchant, forgetting her promise to herself to keep this little trip strictly to business. Sean was a scoundrel, a blasted lucky and persistent one, but he was right about things too often to ignore. "What in the sky has your tail in knots? Usually you're not looking past your next conquest, whatever or whoever that is."
Sean looked bashfully away, pawing at the rocky ground. The childishness of it startled Mab. He said, "That's just it. I'd been thinkin' -- yeah, dangerous, I know. A man's got to believe in somethin', right? Or he just ends up believin' whatever lies reach his ears first. An' if nobody's got a hair of an answer to silly questions like 'why're we here?' but that nature cult, well, we'd better hunker down. I'm not the man to answer 'em."
Wow, thought Mab. An admission of humility from mighty Sean? Settling down here made good business sense, whatever he said. She couldn't help shivering, though, at the sense that he was right about more than the economic and tactical value of these tunnels. The adventuring types didn't usually recognize any threat but the kind that attacked their bodies... "Tell you what," she said. "Let's get out of here and put all our feet up, then talk about the long term. For a city, I mean!"

The founding of Black Watch, a largely underground town in eastern B5, marked what a generation lamented as the end of the truly exciting adventuring era. (Future generations would lament that the first century afterward was the truly exciting era, and that they'd missed it. And so on.) The place had permanent light spells and even some magic-heavy underground farms and fish-ponds, built with the intent to make the underworld areas self-sufficient. Mineral deposits for dyes helped co-founder Weaver Mab popularize the wearing of colorful plaid sashes, known as "taurtan". Explorers began to experiment with new ways of charting and navigating the vast tunnels, including a type of south-seeking stone. Actual delving opportunities continued to exist for anyone willing to venture past the east gates, to see sites like historic Zenith Point where the greatest of treasures had been found, back in the good old days. Overall, Black Watch folk came to be considered more serious and philosophical than most, more interested in a peaceful life with books and business than in beating up random creatures and collecting cool weaponry. Weird.

(Ending Points: 5. Next Turn Bonus: +3.)

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 15, 2013, 04:01:13 PM
Command Avatar: Create City: 1 point
King Arth ruled from Ter for 40 years, respecting the guidance of the Council and doing his best to govern according to the teachings of Locke, despite his poor understanding of them.  He was greatly loved by the Terran people, and fought several successful wars of unification to expand the kingdom's territory and bring wayward tribes under the Terran banner.

One of these tribes, the Joule, were amazed by the teachings of the Principia Mathematica and dedicated themselves to the cause of Science.  From their city on the east bank of the river in C2, they studied the wildlife of the nearby forests and swamps, founded the College of Joule, and performed a great many experiments.

Advance Civilization: Science Marches On: 5 points
The College of Joule attracted many students from across Terran lands, and trained them in the ways of Science.  The ceaseless experiments of the College and the generally inquisitive nature of the Terran people produced breakthrough after breakthrough, making their nation a scientific powerhouse that developed technology at a breakneck (sometimes literally, though the plans for the troop catapult were scrapped) pace.

Advance Civilization: Siege Warfare: 5 points
The wars of unification taught the Terrans harsh lessons.  Their walls grew high and complex, their trenches grew deep, and in response, their mighty engines of war grew larger and more powerful. Entire libraries were dedicated to the fine art of seizing fortified cities, and keeping your own cities safe from attack.

On the coast of D2, the city of Say was not conquered by troops or siege engines, but by trade.  Under the guidance of Adam Smith, the merchants of Hayek persuaded Say's leaders to join the Kingdom in order to facilitate freer trade and greater profits.

After his long and benevolent rule King Arth eventually died of pneumonia, at the age of 72. His son, Moore, seized the throne over the objections of the Council.  Moore and his supporters claimed that his family had been granted a divine right to rule for their role in founding the Kingdom.  The Council argued, rightly so, that the Treatises of Locke explicitly denounced the concept of divine right, teaching that legitimacy could only be derived from the consent of the people.

Moore lacked his father's respect for the teachings of Locke, and denounced the Council as seditious.  A brief battle broke out between his supporters' and the Council's, however, Moore had brought a great number of troops, armed for battle in anticipation of a coup.  The Council, unprepared, had only their civilian supporters and personal security teams.   The battle was brutally one-sided, and the Council was forced to flee the city.

All was not lost, however: seeing what was happening, Locke guided the Council and those sympathetic to them to ensure they could escape arrest.  He led them to the city of Columbia in D1, where they could hide and gather support.

King Moore was afflicted with a mighty hubris, and disregarded the teachings of the scriptures.  He silenced scientists and philosophers, stifled trade under burdensome regulation and excessive taxes, and used his armies to crack down on anyone who dared question him.  He became known as Moore the Dread, and under his rule the Kingdom's growth ground to a halt as he devoted his attention to gaining power and wealth for himself.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Tizocoatl

• Ambystoma Mexicanum
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Axolotl. axe-o-loh-tal say it with me people...
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #94 on: July 15, 2013, 06:38:32 PM
this is only the first half of my comic... the next one will be here soon. the move is complete, though.

23 Points Available

Command Avatar //Tizocoatl// Create City: (1 pt)

After an interesting encounter with Corvo, Tizocoatl revises all of his plans. as he takes on last look at the camp of his people, he sees stone houses and paved streets. It is clear now that this is a city, and so Tizo names this city Den Atzintli. it is here that the capitol of the Tiatlaca will be established.

Create Avatar: Tehuan (7 pts)

Tizocoatl marches straight into the main building of the Water bearers. he sees them going about their business in regulating water supply and in their basic government. immediately he walks into the chambers of Tehuan, the Tiatlaca who currently runs the order. he sits down with Tehuan and forms a declaration of laws. this document stated that a ruler should be democratically elected, and should be advised by a pair of vice-leaders. one of these should beselected by a test of strength, the other by a test of intellect. under this system he declares Tehuan the first ruler of the Tiatlaca, and oversees the tests which will decide his co-rulers. he then promptly makes preparations to depart the island.

Command Avatar //Tehuan// Purify Civilization (1 pt)

although not particularly pugnacious or unruly to start with, Tehuan takes it upon himself to keep his society organized and clean. this isn't particularly difficult but it's good to have something in place to deal with trouble...

Advance Civilisation: (5 pt)
Immediately after the departure of Tizocoatl, Tehuan makes preparations to advance the city and the Tiatlaca as a whole into a new age of growth. deep holes are carefully dug and hollowed out logs and even some iron pipes are inserted, piping the heat of the earth up into the city in the form of steam. houses are permanently heated and farming production doubles. soon after, population does as well. Den Atzintli is a massive coastal city built on and in some points right into the high, stone cliffs. boats are soon circumnavigating the island and some have even ventured out into the open ocean. although so far no other lands have been reached with conventional technology, though there are rumors of magic-based projects to increase the speed and durability of the Tiatlaca's boats...

9 points remain
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:29:15 PM by PineapplesOfScience »

Loop-Dee-Loop-Dee-Loopity-Doop

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #95 on: July 15, 2013, 10:01:19 PM
Command Avatar (Shape Land) [1]
   The dungeonkeeper, having bestowed his gift extracts his price. The Zemeri being a stoic and throughly nonmagical sort set themselves to their work and soon produce a titanic network on tunnels, dungeons and dark mines. All of which  have been suitibly seeded with traps, monsters and a sprinkling of treasure.
   The Zemeri do not quite understand the Dungeonkeeper's obsession with what it terms 'The Labyrinth Game' but go along with it as long as new secrets are revealed to them.

Catastrophy[10]
   The Zemeri were not about to stand for the insult given them by the Crondin raiders and their leader, Zerky. Nor were they about to let them get away with their heinous actions. Thus a trap was set for the brute, preying on his greed, overconfidence and love of alcohol to draw Zerky out from the city walls with merely his small honorguard of raiders.
   What happened when he reached what appeared to be a hobbled but rich trade caravan was swift and brutal. None of the raiders ever knew what hit them until it was far too late. From that point on the only piece that any Crondin ever saw of their 'god' was his severed hand, carried back to Kelorn by sole survivor of the massacre that followed.
   Out of a torrent of cleverly hidden tunnels a horde of darkly singleminded Zemeri flooded into Delini Pusobu past all of the defenses that had been erected by the invaders. By the time the day was done only a single, cowering raider remained alive amidst the burning ruins of the city.
   The raider, shellshocked by the simple cold fury of the entire attack and badly beaten was then sent back home to conveny a message: The Zemeri would not tolerate any further such invasions. To further make their point, the corpses of the raiders were strung up by the enterance to each of the passes through the mountains into Zemeri Lands.

Command Avatar (Create City) [1]
   Having repelled the wretched invaders, the Zemeri set about finishing razing the city to the ground only to rebuild it as an ominous towering fortress city. The newly rebuilt city of parting ways had now taken on new meaning in addition to the old, for now for now it also marked the parting of ways between the living of the dead.
   The new city, a monstrous thing of metal and stone towers up above even the nearby mountains as a warning to all. All according to the design of the Wanderer.

Command Order (Create Army)[3]
   After the razing of the old city, the Scions set about collecting the best and most terrifying of the horde into an organized fighting force, The Black Hands of the Scions. Their orders were simple, defend the empire from any outside threats. Stationed in the new mountain fortress, they would all die before allowing harm come to their charge.

Command Avatar [1] (Shape land)
Catastrophe [10]
Command Avatar [1] (Create City)
Command Order [3] (Create Army)

Initial points – 15
Points spent – 15
Remaining points – 0

I am the IZOD

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: July 17, 2013, 03:15:09 PM
Command Avatar (Command Race) (1)

Extremely amused by the story so far, Richard began to add a segment of his own for the Crondins.

The Crondin in general, and the Ngarjeck in particular, had not been very supportive of the Raiders.  The very name they had taken implied lawlessness.  However, their utter demise at the hands of the Zemeri frightened the Crondin.  That such a young race could marshal such strength was a terrifying prospect, and there was always the possibility of the Zemeri moving against the Crondin.  

And so they expanded to the swamps in the west and secured them.

Command Order (Create City) (3)

At E9, the Crondins spot a perfect place with which to watch the mountains and control the river: right where the river splits.  So it is there that they build the city of Bulwark to protect the western frontier.

Advance Civ (5)

The Crondins greatest weakness has always been the cold.  They can only travel to the subtropical areas of the temperate zone, for beyond that the cold would simply kill them.  

That was the case until the day that Thermal Magic was discovered.  Crondin wizards in Kelorn had been working hard for decades attempting to figure out how to tap into the ley lines covering the world.  Finally they have assessed how to create thermal magic which can be used as spells or enchanted into clothing and amulets.  As a result of the research, they also learn how to weaponize the magic, creating fire spells and enchantments as well.

Advance Civ (5)

Secure in their seat of power, the Ngarjeck begin to use their power to their advantage.  They command that an aqueduct system be erected throughout the realm to transfer precious water to where it is most needed.

However, now that the Ngarjeck have been in power for an extended period of time, they are beginning to lose sight of their original purpose.  Their latest leaders,  the Council of Four, have started to take their power for granted, and are losing themselves in the indulgences of power, that of wine, women, and song...

EDIT:  Point totals
15-14=1
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:19:49 PM by I am the IZOD »

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: July 17, 2013, 09:22:48 PM
Command Avatar: Create Race: Jaegers - 1
Ignis could sense a coming power, or perhaps it was a power that already existed, that threatened the world it knew, and in a spark of brilliance, Ignis drew in fire, rock, metal, and even the force of life, and Ignis created the Jaegers within the river valley on its home island.

Jaegers stand tall at about six feet on average, with slender bodies of molten rock, covered in a layer of obsidian which eerily resembles skins and fur, although most have a mane of metal quills along their backs. Their limbs are long so as to allow them to easily maneuver and grab, and their arms and legs are tipped with viciously-clawed appendages which resemble hands and feet. In addition to this, they have cat-like tails, tipped at the end with curved metal blades.

Jaegers are also very social creatures, and tend to coordinate to achieve victory like pack animals, though they clearly show signs of higher intelligence. They communicate through vocalization, and can also burrow through dirt and stone alike. Also, due to the nature of their bodies underneath the ebony exterior, they have very high body temperatures.

Create Order: The Order of Hunters - Free (Create Race)
With the creation of the Jaegers, Ignis gave them purpose, and they banded together for that purpose.

Create Avatar: Aeolus - 7
A powerful storm surges over the ocean, one that never ends. If anyone is to look upon this storm, they might see the thin serpent-like form that dances between the water and the clouds for a moment before they are struck down to the depths of the sea. It the Stormbeast Aeolus, Master of Sea and Sky.

The storm appears at I10.

Command Avatar: Create Race: Carcharodons - 1
Aelous' minions come forth wherever the Stormbeast may arise, so that they may always serve their master.

The Carcharodons are humanoid creatures with lower bodies that make them resemble mermaids of legend, but one would be foolish to think of them as such. They have large dorsal fins on their backs, and fins along their forearms, and their hands are webbed and clawed. Their bodies are also coated in reflective blue scales that are both hard and flexible to allow for agility in water. They have gills as to allow them to breathe in water, but also small lungs to allow them to leave the water for brief periods of time, although upon leaving the water, their tails become hindrances.

Carcharodons are known to grow up to ten feet in length, and do not eat often, for when they find meals, they use their large jaws filled with row upon row of serrated teeth to bite off chunks large enough to sustain them for weeks. They appear with their master at I10.

Create Order: The Predatory Chain - Free (Create Race)
With the Carcharodons, if you are weak, you will be killed and used to feed the strong. If you are of land and go to the sea, you are trespassing in the Stormbeast's territory.

Create Avatar: Nyx - 7
From the shimmer of moonlight in the sky, a conscience forms and looks down upon the world. It is Nyx, She Who Exists in Moonlight.

Command Avatar: Create Race: Nocturnals - 1
Nyx, in her graces, looked upon a desert one night after observing the sleeping races of the world. Nyx was sad that many would not revel in light of the moon, so she looked upon the barren area, and spotted tiny life. She then shaped it to fit her whims.

Nocturnals range from two to four feet tall, and resemble anthropromorphic jerboas.  They are nocturnal, and burrow underground during the day, to come out at night to enjoy the night (and it's cooler temperature in the desert). They appear in the desert at G9.

Create Order: The Temple of Nyx - Free (Create Race)
The Nocturnals did not soon forget who had created them, and as such, they pay tribute and respect Nyx as their Goddess.

Command Order: Create City: Deracol - 3
The Temple of Nyx was quick to think first of their Goddess, and then of their own needs. They could not survive and expand without shelter, water, and food. It was one fateful night when they decided to build a large, underground city, and they named it Deracol. They built the city at the lake(?) at G9. However, they could not do this feat without...

Shape Land - 5
It is decades in the making, as sand, dirt, rock, and more are moved aside in this great feat, carving out large caverns and crude shelters to serve as a city to the Nocturnals, and a home to the Temple of Nyx.

The area of G9 gains a large cavern to house the city of Deracol, and numerous tunnels spread across the area overtime to access G10 and H9.

Points at Turn Start: 25
Points used: 25-1-7-1-7-1-3-5
Points Remaining: 0

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: July 17, 2013, 10:33:24 PM
Within the Grand City of Ter

Merlin stroked his beard, the Pomharpii impersonating as a Terran wasn't terribly sure what to make of the successor to King Arth.
"Certainly he has SOME redeeming qualities. I have spent many eons instructing his father in the ways of science and understanding. For now I must press on."

Merlin submits to the scientific community a thesis on enhanced metallurgy to the Terrans. Obviously incomplete so that Merlin doesn't divulge too much to the young race.

ADVANCE CIVILIZATION -5
Terrans receive some early metallurgical science from Merlin, giving them the basics to take the leap from bronze to iron, and iron to steel, and beyond.

Additionally, Merlin sent a general request that the Knights of the Round Table start mobilizing an army to help maintain order in the change of government.

Command Order -3: Create Army
Army of the True King
The army is a regiment of well trained soldiers fully equipped with ranged, melee, heavy armor, and siege equipment. They are fully committed to serving the Terrans.

:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Myrddin..."
"Eh? Who goes there? I'm busy! Wait... that name..."
"Certainly you've not forgotten your true name, Wizard?"
"Y...you.... what are you doing here!?"

MORGANA, THE FAERIE

Many eons ago, the Pomharpii known as Morgana the Faerie was part of the order The Marked, a sect dedicated to the understanding of Diplomacy, Subterfuge, and Manipulation. She is an especially talented member of this order during its prime; she has proven herself many times by subverting others to accept her will and obey her commands without question. She has set whole city states at one another with sheer charisma. She was given the nickname The Faerie for her disturbing capacity to charm and enchant others to do her bidding.

When she Ascended along many of her kind, she sought a life of concealment by impersonating mortals and mastering her powers to affect the minds of others. She has become famous amongst the Pomharpii Ascended of her ability to coerce others into obeying her.

"What are you doing here, Morgana," Myrddin shouted, "This world isnt of any concern to you!"
"On contrary, Myrddin," Morgana flicked her fox paw at Myrddin, "Your involvement here is as much of a reason for me to be here as well."
"What are you talking about!? And why have you taken the form of a Terran? Wait...."
"My dear Myrddin, you have forced my hand. You must leave this world, else I'll force you to."
"You can't be serious..."

Morgana vanishes into the darkness...

4 Days Later

"HAIL MORGANA! THE TRUE QUEEN!" Shouts roared from outside Ter's gates.
"HAIL MORGANA! THE TRUE QUEEN!" Knights clad in steel armor and armed with the latest weapons lay siege to Ter.
"HAIL MORGANA! THE TRUE QUEEN!"

The Army of the True King have been brainwashed by Morgana through various magics, tonics, and mind control into believing she is the true heir to King Arth. Even royal archivists have discovered to their dismay papers proving her heritage within the royal vaults. Paintings of her appeared in various chambers in the castle and many servants suddenly remember the daughter of Arth.

Command Avatar -1
Morgana marches on Ter, seeking to dethrone King Moore.

;----------------------------------------------------------

In the deep south pole...

Danyel sighs in relief where upon the bright flash of light a few years back had not yet seen fit to come to him. "Last thing I need is someone shoving me around..."

Danyel returns his observations on the strange Tiatlaca.
"It appears signs of rapid evolution have caused their minds to not adapt well enough to their new situation. It takes generations of continued growth to spur mental development. Hmmm."

Danyel ruffles his wing feathers and gets an idea.
Command Avatar: -1

On the shores of J8, a small deserted village appears. The structures are mostly intact though have the look of an aged settlement. This settlement is of sufficient size to support the Tiatlaca and soon word comes to their main tribes of its discovery.

Create City J8 Telcoco

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Night Sky

The planets emit a soothing colored glow as they pass through the heavens, but a new glow is amongst them, flickering like an angry Ember.
Create Avatar: -7
Unknown!

1 Point Remaining
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:47:04 AM by Donnie »

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: July 18, 2013, 11:39:43 PM
As scouts and diplomats and such continue to explore ever outward, it was inevitable they would start meeting other races. These seem to be their opinions of the races they're encountered so far.

Tiatlaca: Strange folk, but they seem nice enough. Plus they come from the same climate. If it weren't for the odd people, and the lack of crystals, it'd be just like home.
Pendri: They know they exist, but don't have much of an opinion on them. Neutral relationship so far.
Carcharodons: When a perpetual storm appears near a homeland of explorers, they tend to take notice. However these strange folk don't seem very friendly and tend to attack people. Elementals don't really taste that good however and they're kind of hard to kill by injuring them, so the two peoples seem to be at an impasse.
Jaegers: Decent folk, and so far the only other species whose biology actually makes sense. It's a bit weird that they only come in one flavor though.

As they continue to explore, they discover the center continent and begin to explore it, likely to soon encounter the Crondids and Nocturnals. They're also getting pretty close to discovering those toy islands. Or at least that's how it would naturally progress if not for...

Event! - 7
Teleport experiment gone awry
It has long been realized that the world is a big, big place. And the Elementals (who have started to call themselves Aeons because 'Elemental' is too confusingly descriptive) want to explore it faster. To this end they started experimenting with teleportation, but just can't seem to get it right. Without an anchor stone, coordinates seem to change or lead to nowhere. Even things that should be as simple as 'one meter to the right' end up in unpredictable places.

One day however, someone (it was totally Khayos... probably) messed with the experiment and instead of teleporting a test pulse it teleported everyone in the next room over; an earth guardian, an air sprite, and a lightning scout. They didn't know it, but they were now literally on the other side of the world, on an island in C6. After finding a way into the underground caverns, they got themselves completely lost until they were found by a Chiaro. Given how much they look like monsters, it was a wonder they didn't attack each other on first sight and it was only because they could speak the same language. To this day historians can't figure out how an awry teleport made the three speak the Chiaro's language instead of their own.

In order to keep afloat, the three started selling easy to make magic artifacts to the Chiaro in Black Watch. After a while the three were able to cobble together an anchor stone and return home (at which point language barriers ensued and had to be resolved). And it was discovered that although they didn't know how it worked, the experiment was repeatable and they could teleport consistantly to C6, though it kept scrambling their native language so most opted for travel there by the anchor stones installed there. Seeing as how the Chiaro seemed to be another race that enjoys exploring, the Aeons set up a more permanent outpost than normal on those islands and will often trade artifacts to adventurers who want them.

Raise Army w/ Avatar - 1
Khayos gets bored sometimes. And not everyone can be scientists or explorers, etc. Some people like to brawl, spar, and fight. As such, he started tournaments for different styles and eventually people realized that this sort of thing can be a rather informal army if given the right equip set of artifacts, and they all fight for the same purpose.

Advance Civilization - 5
Shapeshifting
This is something that has always been possible, especially among the more volatile elements such as air, fire, and water... but after meeting other flesh-type species, Aeons learned how to take on flesh-like guises of their own. It's rarely perfect, and something of their element usually leaks through, but it tends to pass as looking mostly like a native that happens to have say... particularly staticky fur or hair that is always blowing in the wind whether there is wind or not. This is mostly possible because
they exist as constructs of elemental energy around a crystal-ish core. Eventually they will figure out how to do this for other species, but not for a while.

Points spent - 13
Points remaining - 5

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

DigitFiredrake

• Fluffwolf of all trades
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:43 AM
Advance Civ - 5
The Knowlsek continued on there way! Soon mastering the gasses near their lands, forming them into "energy fuel" that many devices use, from flying machines to magic portals, to weapons, and much more!
The different gasses seemed to allow for different contraptions and forms of "energy" the  blue gasses providing FORCE as well as light.
The white in the mountain providing cooling.
The red heat and massive amounts of energy.
The green from the swamps seemed different, altering things it contacted. Including people... it was even said the first explorers that went there are now ancestors of the birds that live there, tho there is no proof.  The green gas is however quite useful and is regularly collected because if used right has EXTREAMLY impressive healing properties!
The dark black gas however is feared, as that is known about it is it kills almost anything it comes near.... the only use

Advance Civ - 5
They also find that they have more abilities themselves,  they can use similar energies to the gasses, blue shifting lets you move quickly, block and deliver HUGE forces as well as sometimes fly or move objects with your will.
Red to master fire, heat and endure them as well.
White is the master of the cold likewise.
Green is that of healing.... or... changing. While MOST official green shifters are healers. There are a few that use it to alter the world. Its said that old lady Mekoo regularly turns small children who walk into her yard into bunnies. But again, no confirmation on that.
Black is... not used... at lest not by the law biding. Death is not a toy...

Com Avatar - 1
Fios the Sea-lamander then tells the Knowlsek people to be careful, but in order for them grow as a people  they need to have trade and helps them to build a massive port H5, the port giving a easy way to harvest from the Swamp of Turning in H4 as well as establishing trade with Utoypia, Chiaro and the Terrans.

Utoypia they find odd, but offer their gasses as trading goods for more technology.

From Chiaro the trade their gasses for mostly crafted goods and such as well as hiring some of their youth looking for work and adventure.

They offer to the Terrans goods in trade to go to their collages and such.

Com Order - 3 form army
 The Plex also see fit to defend their homes and soon form the Plexus Armed Tactical Heavy Guard  or PATH guard. These men and women are well trained forces who volunteer to defend their homes! Some are masters in weapons from staffs and swards or bows to magical "guns", others still are masters of the shifting arts, some have many skills. But all aside they are a force to be reckoned!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:59:31 AM by Tech »

-----------------------------------------------------------
There are two kind of people in this world those who are wise enough to know they are crazy and those who aren't.

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #101 on: July 20, 2013, 07:02:44 AM
Command Race - 4 points.

Syrask Kyuro decided that although one warm inhabited toy island was nice, more could be even better! so without hesitation, he ordered some of the other Utoypians to go and spread their influence to the other islands nearby, starting with the one at F1, and then some of the others would go ahead and colonize the island at F3, all three of the islands now with the Utoypians on each.

Create Avatar - 7 points.

Syrask felt a bit lonely being the only avatar around, what to do? well... another avatar would be nice to have around! "Gee, sure is boring around here... I know! I need a friend." With a plan and some available magic to toy with, he did exactly that, and created a similar being to himself, and was thus named Trasiro Kyuro! Syrask hugged his new brother of sorts.

11 points expended, 4 remain.

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

FrostedLights

• Agent Featherfall
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: July 21, 2013, 03:54:33 PM
The Ascended Vale

One evening in the early fall, something came unto the Melodians unlike anything they had ever seen. A visitor had braved the winds and entered the Ascended Vale. Driven to pursue such an isolate place, Tempest felt the pilgrim could only be a madman.

But still, Ariya welcomed the pilgrim into their midst. She showed him the great temple to Ilsalvor, and the white marble statue carved in his likeness and told him of the great magic in the crystals, and the remnants of the crystal eggs that birthed her people into the world.

Tempest had his doubts of the stranger's motives, but Ariya could do no wrong in his eyes. He was always at the High Priestess's side and adored her more than most. So when Ariya ordered a feast be thrown in the pilgrim's honor, Tempest saw it done.

On the third night of the festivities, Tempest found his beloved priestess in the temple, looking up at Ilsalvor's image.

"You have misgivings about the Chiaro mage," Ariya said softly.

Tempest hung his head, avoiding the priestess's searching eyes. "I can see such darkness in him," he confessed. "Little blots he tries to hide, like when the sun falls through the leaves of the trees."

"We all have our faults," Ariya advised. "Even me, though I am certain that you cannot see them," she said with a warm smile.

Tempest forced a smile back, but it broke as his eyes drifted back to the floor. He had seen the bodies, the bones, littering the frozen pass. What could drive a man to ford through such a treacherous place? He looked up when he felt Ariya's paw on his shoulder.

"You can be a candle, Tempest," she said, folding one out to him. "Take it to the pilgrim."

"It isn't lit," Tempest said, eyeing the unburnt wick.

Ariya smiled as she tilted a lit candle against his and one flame became two. "The pilgrim carries within him an unlit candle, a potential for light but still alone in darkness. As I have lit your candle, you can carry light into the dark and show him the way."

"I... I will try," Tempest said, and he carried the candle with him into the evening air. At sun up he returned and found a horrible sight. Ariya lay on the steps leading up to the altar, her eyes closed in pain, one paw reaching out toward Ilsalvor's statue.

"Ar...Ariya?" Tempest asked, his voice trembling. He knew there would be no reply. There was too much blood. It had trickled down the steps and was already cold and dark. "Ariya... no no I... ARIYA?!"

The distraught melodian scrambled up the steps, slipping in the blood, embracing his murdered priestess. Her belly was slashed, her heart cut from her chest.

As the morning sun rose, all the valley came to know of Ariya's grisly fate. The Dark Pilgrim was gone, a thin trail of ruby slivers marking his path through the snow, shed from the high priestess's heart, now turned to crystal to shelter itself from the dark and cold it had been forcibly bought into.

At sundown they buried Ariya, and Tempest spoke over her grave, mourning the loss of her light, and the curse brought unto the land by this Dark Pilgrim.

"I ask you, all of you, those who are brave enough, to come with me into the perilous dark, to bring the wrath of God to the dark pilgrim and any that share in the darkness of his soul. I ask you, who will go with me, to bring back Her heart?"

When the morning came Brazen had gone, with thirty of his fellows.

The Emerald Grotto

16 Points

Create Avatar - 7 points

The Church of the Burning Light grows within the Pendri civilization and a leader emerges among the clergy. Even the princes of the Pendri clans come to him for aid and guidance. He is the High Priest of the Church of the Burning Light.

Command Avatar - Create City - 1 Points

The High Priest commands a temple be built, and all the warlords and princes come together to Alsimor where trade begins to flourish and many tribes become one, a king is selected from the gathered leaders, blessed by the High Priest.

Advance Civilization - Seafarers - 5 points

The Pendri, isolated on their island with bountiful timber begin to build boats, and become highly skilled in the art of seafaring (Building Ships/Fishing)

3 Points Remain

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:23:29 PM by FrostedLights »

Not Just Another Weathermare

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: July 21, 2013, 05:04:07 PM
Skipping Geary since he's bowing out of the game.  Will be putting in filler posts though to keep the number of posts per page nice and even like it was with my updates appearing at the top all the time. ];)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: July 22, 2013, 05:20:39 PM
Command Avatar-create Order-1 point
Hrakihk soggily picks himself out the sea, fuming that he was tossed aside so lightly.  Well, that's what he gets for being a living plush.  Holding the area in contempt and spitting on the ground it sits on-well, figuratively; at best he can just cough up a wad of cotton- he plods off to the west, until he comes the lands of the somewhat crazy Chiaro.  An adventuresome lot they seem to take delight in charging into great risk, all in the name of more "adventure."  They aren't quite sure what to make of the cursed plush, as he's rather... well, evil looking, but he's a plush!  What harm could he be? 

This thought only lasted as long as Hrakihk didn't try something like devouring the soul of a young Chiaro boy.  Which in due time he did.  And promptly got himself chased by a posy.  A posy that pursued him for days and days and weeks.  A posy that consists mostly of the young, easily riled and reckless youth.   After 3 weeks of pursuit the group soon gets bored of its original objective, and begins rampaging around the coastline looking for booze and shinies.   Soon months and years pass, and the scaliwags develop into the Sky Isle Ocean Brigands.

Command Avatar-raise army-1 point
Around this time, Flurps the pink inflatable is busily doing nothing but enjoying herself, the orca toy floating along the currents of the ocean freely when she brushes along the shore of the floating continent, happily swimming along until she find some dirty looking skunk taurs on the shore.  She squees and smiles at them, with the disheveled Chiaros too confused to know what to do around her, not having seen a Utoypian before. 

Quickly an understanding is established, and while the young gruff brigands are just a taaad put off by her bubbly personality, the magical toy proves most helpful in one specific way- in her floatings around she gets the idea her new friends should be able to swim as fast as she does!  She gets to work experimenting and teaching her friends how to build and construct fast boats, which definately gets their attention and gratitude.

Command Order-3 points
One night after the nauseatingly bubbly Flurps left, the Brigands sit around drinking and boozing, when one of them puts two and two togehter; fast boats+brigands that ride them= a group that could swoop in from the coast and loot and take junk before any response could be marshaled.  His fellows are quick to declare him BRILLIANT.  Before long a Pirate fleet is assembled that swoops westward, striking at the Terran city of Say.  With no large organized armies present and with the kingdom distracted by internal squabbles, the Brigands descend on the helpless city...

3 points remain