Author Topic: You can have your sci-fi in any shade, so long as it's dark.  (Read 4828 times)

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
I'm looking to run a basic, pre-written mission to get the hang of GMing in a dark futuristic setting.  It won't be a campaign for now, but I may try to expand on it if the mission goes well and ideas are abundant.  This will likely start coming together some time after Dawn of Worlds ends.

The settings I have rule books for and that fit the theme are Only War and Dark Heresy in the 40k 'verse, and Cyberpunk 2020. If you would like to suggest something else you can, but you'd need a way for me to get my hands on a source book.  I'll dig up a canned mission for whichever one more people are interested in and try to organize from there.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
I assume the last option means 'all of the above.'

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Creator-Unreal

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
You know its not often I make responses, but be thankful I have access to so many GB of PDFs.

Really, I'd be ok with any choice really. Although Eclipse Phase can be grim-dark as well.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:29:07 PM by Creator-Unreal »

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Looks like nobody really cares, so I'll try to go for Only War.  If you're interested, post here and state whether you would like to be in an infantry, mechanized scout, mechanized infantry, tank, or cavalry (hunter-killer) regiment.

If you would like to play but don't have the rulebook, look me up on Skype and I will try to get you what you need to play.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."