Author Topic: MLP V-Day Fic  (Read 4387 times)

LurkingWolf

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: February 14, 2013, 10:59:58 PM
So, I'm not really into Friendship is Magic, but I am related to a couple of bronies and so I know a bit about how things work in the universe.  I had a story idea today, and this setting just happened to have the best way to work the plot, so here it is.  A FiM fic from a guy who has seen maybe three episodes his entire life.  Enjoy!

Hearts and Hooves day, a day that for many young colts was the happiest of the year.  It was their opportunity to either finally have a day together with the filly of their dreams, or act like they had one by going out with the most popular pony who wasn’t taken otherwise.  Sure Heart had been looking forward to it himself for quite a while.  There was a young filly he had wanted to know better for quite a while.  Her name was Charity, but he had been unable to speak to her on his own.  Instead, he had spent that time making her the best, most beautiful card that anyone could ever have made.

He looked back and forth as he walked to Miss Cheerilie’s class, keeping an eye out for Charity as he trotted along the path.  It seemed that everyone had already met their special somepony for the day.  Everyone he passed was with someone, laughing or talking as they went along.  It seemed everyone had someone with them today; even Snips and Snails had somepony with them, if only because their date didn’t want to be seen in the company of a blank flank.

That was the thing that always worried Sure Heart.  He had not yet received his Cutie Mark, and he was a simple, grey earth pony.  He was so simple that he worried that he would be rejected out of hoof.  Still, he had his Hearts and Hooves day card with him, and that would more than make up for whatever he lacked.  He had surprised himself with just how much effort he had put into it, and the result made him proud.  Charity would be certain to accept him when she saw it!

Finally, he saw her in the distance ahead.  He was so ready for this; picking up speed, he began to dash towards her, ready to give her his card.

And then, his world collapsed.

Standing before Charity was that pretentious colt with the glowing voice.  Sure Heart could not even remember his name, but the colt was smiling as Charity looked at the card he had given to her.  It was a simple thing, barely as large as her hoof, with no special decorations on it at all.  The crooner was making full use of his advantages, though, flaunting the fact that he had his Mark already and speaking musically in that voice of his.  Sure Heart could not hear the conversation, but the exchange was enough to make him drop his card to the ground.  He stared at it, at all of his work from the last few months.  How could this have happened?  He had tried so hard, why had this challenger beaten him?

“Sure Heart!  Happy Hearts and Hooves day!”

It was Charity, but the earth pony could not stand to face her.  How could this happen?  How could she do this to him?

He ran from the place, ran as quickly as his hooves could carry him.  Tears flew from his eyes as he tried to compose himself.  Nothing helped though; he was overwhelmed by the pain of rejection.  How could this happen to him?

He collapsed by the side of a clear pool, pouring his tears into the pool and sending his reflection into a spasmodic dance.  It was no good; everything he had done was for nothing.  Some fool colt with delusions of greatness sought to take her from him, and there was nothing he could do to keep him away.

As he sat there alone, he finally received his cutie mark.  It was a reflection of his namesake, a red heart against the grey background of his flank.  This heart, however, was shattered into pieces.  How could it be whole, when his last good thing had been taken from him?

And for yet another Hearts and Hooves day, Sure Heart cried out in anguish, once more alone.

AvzinElkein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:17:09 AM
So he has no talent, only a curse: to be lonely his entire life.

LurkingWolf

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:48:26 PM
Cutie Marks apparently don't always have to do with talent, at least if one Silver Spoon is any indication, so I figured I could get away with a borderline case.  Deliciously depressing, isn't it?  :P

To clarify, this is not based on me, despite the fact that I have had some pretty lonely V-Days.  I'm enjoying myself too much elsewhere to really get depressed.

Miles

• Magister
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • For Love and Peace
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 03:58:02 PM
He could have given her the card at least. I get the impression you wanted this story to be depressing? Well, mission accomplished. {;)

There are no Limitations to the Great Wonders of Magic.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:17:17 PM
Well, that was depressing. Ha ha, what a loser. [;)

[fox] Virmir