Author Topic: Some proof-of-concept game demo stuff  (Read 21905 times)

CZM

• Cleo Alverick
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi all~
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 06:19:41 AM
 virmir.RPG is cool dude

(i like all artwork virmir ) by adif in indonesia

"i was being ignored by everyone and alone again... it's hurt..., but... clemaxgra was pets my head from behind for cheer me...." (CZM) :)

Jackal Darkwolf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 09:29:35 PM
UPDATES!

I've uploaded what I have so far!

http://urocyon.virmir.com/rpg/VirmirRPG.zip

HOW TO PLAY: Just unzip the file anywhere and double click on "engine.exe" (or "engine").

ARROW KEYS - Move around
SPACE - Talk
ALT - Menu back/cancel key
ENTER - Bring up the main menu
L - Change party leader

New stuff:

Pressing ENTER brings up the main menu. You can't do much, but I have most of the skeletal stuff done, which means I'm now in a position to make it actually do stuff. [;)

Pressing L switches your party leader (who you walk around as). Lucile has been added to your party.

I decided to go with a 4:3 aspect ratio because making it widescreen just felt wrong. [;) The vertical height has therefore been increased to match.

If you wish to make the game full screen, you need to run the separate "config.exe" file in the install directory. Don't switch the driver DLLs. Click on Configure Driver and check "fullscreen".  This will run the game full screen (at 1024x768), but since you are probably on a widescreen monitor, the image will be stretched.  If you don't like the stretched image, you will need to add padding to the sides to fill it out to the closest resolution your video card supports.  This is probably going to be the following

16:10
You want to pad to 1280x800, so add 256 horizontally and 32 vertically.

16:9 (Newer monitors)
I think you want 1280x768, so add 256 horizontally and 0 vertically.

If people want to verify the above, it would be helpful. Obviously it is unacceptable to ask people to do this nonsense for the real game, so I will look into making some preset values in an easy switch or something. [;)

Thanks for all the feedback, folks!
I can't open the game it says I'm missing audiere.dll

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 11:22:04 PM
Did you extract the ZIP file and run it from inside the folder it created? 

[fox] Virmir

Jackal Darkwolf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 04:53:03 PM
Did you extract the ZIP file and run it from inside the folder it created? 
What on audiere.dll in the same thing?

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:31 PM
Did you run engine.exe from inside the extracted folder with all the other files, as opposed to merely double clicking on the ZIP file and then double clicking on engine.exe (which definitely will not work), is what I meant.

If that is what you did, then I'm not sure!

[fox] Virmir

Jackal Darkwolf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 10:43:08 PM
Did you run engine.exe from inside the extracted folder with all the other files, as opposed to merely double clicking on the ZIP file and then double clicking on engine.exe (which definitely will not work), is what I meant.

If that is what you did, then I'm not sure!
Okay how to extract the folder?

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:14 PM
You should be able to right click it and select 'extract all', or just drag all the files out into a new folder manually.

[fox] Virmir

Jackal Darkwolf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 11:36:04 PM
You should be able to right click it and select 'extract all', or just drag all the files out into a new folder manually.
I'm in thanks Vimir, but you could've added some enemies to fight and more room to explore in the demo.

Xandalstrokl

• The Moving Mountain
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • I like Swords.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 02:36:45 AM
I have been playing for about 10 minutes and hitting space like a madman. I crashed the program with what I could only assume would be an overflow of how many times I talked to Virgeta. I enjoyed the free walk setup, being able to walk around non-grid based is nice. wish there was some combat but I guess a good BLAST will do for now.  |fox|