Author Topic: Minecraft 1.9 Event- Fen's Server  (Read 11049 times)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
on: October 29, 2011, 11:02:52 PM
So, here's the thing. Minecraft 1.9 is on the way, coming around the same time as or during Minecon, a little under three weeks as of this post. On my server I will be hosting an event revolving around exploring the new things to experience and adventures to discover.

So, my request to you is this. On my minecraft server, at 70.42.179.212, collect materials. Tools, building blocks, odds and ends, all sorts of things. But, most importantly, Ender Pearls. If you can get your hands on one (or more!) of these, please do your best to get it to a safe chest and hold onto it for the event. We'll be needing some.

Please sign up in this topic, as the server only has 10 slots available. Two of these slots are already taken by myself and Medik, so keep that in mind. And don't forget to put down your name in minecraft so I can add you to the whitelist!

The exact date and time will be determined as soon as I know when 1.9 will actually be released.

Slots:
1:Fen
2:Medik
3:Nikolai
4:Trask
5:Tallyn
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Tenative list:
Fax
Virmir

In addition, if you have or can get Skype, we could hold a group conversation over that during the event, although it is not needed.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:42:06 AM by Fen »

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Nik

• Red Panda!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:05:34 PM
Hmm.... I'll be there.  [:)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 11:42:33 PM
Tentatively interested, depending on the day, time, and how much advance notice I'm given. (Anything Tuesday-Friday is going to be unlikely).

0% chance of Skype though. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Fax

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 12:15:10 AM
Pretty much the same as Virmir here. I'm tentatively in for this depending on when it happens

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 07:31:03 AM
Sounds cool, but I am not on that server so bleh. [:P

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 05:58:52 AM
Minecon is currently happening and Notch stated, unless I am mistaken, that he would release the last portion of the adventure update during it. Today is Friday, so I think Saturday November 19th is a good day to do this event on.

I'd like to know what times are good for everyone, the more information you can give me, the better. Ideal would be a time range of when you can be around, converted to EST (united states east coast timezone) so that I can keep track of everything and figure out when to start the event and for how long it can go on for.

That said, I should be available for the entire day. If the update is released today, fantastic, everyone can get it and poke around with the new features a bit before we clump up in a big, confused group not knowing what to do next.  [:P If it's released tomorrow then obviously we'll have to wait until after it's gone out to the public and everyone has it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:14:10 AM by Fen »

Tallyn

• Level 70 Sentinel Bushi
  • THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:14:18 AM
I think I'd like to try. Are there any specific rules, other than "the forbidden zone" we found out about?
Remember: I'm Arci on Minecraft.

"To trees with this kibble stuff!" - Virmir

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:30:20 AM
I can probably pop in starting in the afternoon. The later it is, the higher change I'll feel like staying (I want to draw tomorrow, and I only feel like playing after I get stuff done. [;))  After 7CST (8 Eastern) would be a good time for me, with it getting better up until midnight.

[fox] Virmir

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 09:45:05 AM
I think I'd like to try. Are there any specific rules, other than "the forbidden zone" we found out about?
Remember: I'm Arci on Minecraft.

Sure Tal, you can come along. Rules won't be needed so much because it's mostly an event about exploration of the new update and playing its content, rather than a competition or whatever. I'll add you to the list!

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 10:28:22 AM
Pretty much any time would be good for me, though later is better.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 06:43:30 AM
I suppose we can start around 4:00 to 6:00 PM EST, assuming I can get the server working. It runs bukkit, which doesn't have a 1.0 update yet, so the server won't function until the guys doing bukkit fix that. If they don't do it today, and soon, the event will have to be postponed. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I can't really do anything about it.

update: as much as I hate to say it, the people making craftbukkit aren't updating, Which means the server can't be used for this event. It will have to be postponed until they actually get it working.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:26:36 PM by Fen »

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:05 AM
Okay, the 1.0 version of craftbukkit has been released and the server is now once again functioning. The event won't begin sometime between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM, depending on how soon we can get everyone on the server.

if you can't make it today, or need the time to be shifted backwards or forwards some, let me know!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:48:20 PM by Fen »

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 11:45:23 AM
Today I won't be available between the times of 6-8PM Central (7-9PM Eastern), and possibly 30-60 minutes later than that.  Just FYI.

[fox] Virmir

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 12:47:58 PM
okay, we can start a bit earlier for you then Virmir. Gonna shoot for a 3PM EST start time, then. which would give you 4 hours to stick around.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 04:33:19 PM
today's event was a big success! I think everyone involved had fun, and we got to explore around and find new places (and get lost!)

But, the planned events aren't over yet! Next weekend, Part 2 of the event will take place, so get ready for it!