Author Topic: I'll draw your character as an aquatic fur (comes with fins and gills) for free!  (Read 1934 times)

Cody The Werewolf

• Aquatic werewolf prince of the Mediterranean Sea.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Fluffy & fishy :3
    • View Profile
Hi guys! So for this month, I decided to do something very different, which I'm sure I'll like.

Inspired by Cody's aquarium birthday blast, I decided to open a request service.

That's right! As stated in the title, I'll be drawing aquatified furries (or Aquafurs)!

So first off, what is an Aquafur?
Well it's actually really simple. They're a type of furry/critter that are able to live underwater than on land. They look exactly the same as their corresponding species but with aquatic traits on them. Cody is one of these (sometimes).

Using their fins and gills, they dwell majorly around oceans, seas, pools, lakes or any body of water that's safe for them.

They are not to be confused with mermaids, aquafurs always keep their legs and tail together in balance rather than completely having a fish lower half.

A way to be transformed into these sea creatures is through the Aquanecklace. It is unknown on how to obtain said necklace as the only known owner of it is none other than Cody again, but it is said to be through a blessing of some sorts or as simply a gift. It mostly takes the form of a sun pendant. To turn aquatic, you have to clutch the necklace and the pendant will turn into a crescent moon, this is a sign that the transformation itself has begun. To turn back into land form, simply clutch the pendant again and it will shift back into a sun as your fins retreat back into your body.

There's also Gillyweed from Harry Potter but that has a limit of one hour or two. An Aquanecklace's transformative powers last forever until they're clutched again.

If you like, you can also include other relics, causes of transformation or simply none in your request. It all depends on your personal taste.

The aquafurs are very much inspired by said plant and my love for swimming.

In this post, I will draw your requested characters into their aquatic version of themselves!

I also layed out the features when requesting an Aquafur picture:

First off, you can choose whether you would like to have a background or not.
1-Simply transparent backdrop with character
2- Character with background (can be anywhere and please describe it briefly in your request)

In your request, you can choose whether you want some underwater creatures to accompany you or not (only if you choose any setting other than the swimming pool). If yes, then please tell me which underwater critters you would like in your picture.

Secondly, if you want to start a group request, go ahead and invite some of your friends to become fish furries together as long as your request says "I'm with X" and your companion's name or more. Which brings us to the character limit.

The character limit is 3!
Why 3? Well, I want to challenge myself! So far, I had been drawing 2 characters in my drawings and I now want to see where my limit is. If it's successful, I may increase the limit next year.

Don't forget to attach your reference sheet or any picture of your character. If you don't have any pics of your character, just describe on how they look!

Finally, let's go over the features and traits of a typical Aquafur, ready to dive!

The main features are gills, lung bubbles, fins, webbing and flippers. Let's go over each one:

-Gills: They're the most important for an Aquafur to have and very crucial in surviving underwater. They allow the aquafur to breathe underwater but you already know that, right? They can be either on your character's neck, chest or as external gills like axolotls (or have both)!

-Lung bubbles: Aquafurs can also breathe air but not in the way you think. You see, air are actually stored as a giant bubble sack inside of the lungs that generate infinite oxygen. Thanks to this sack, aquafurs can blow infinite bubbles no matter the limit, even bigger ones too! So get creative with them if you like. Because of how these bubbles never run out, they can also be useful for reviving unfortunate drowned victims. The bubble sack can even allow the aquafur to talk underwater!

-Fins: Aquafurs use fins to propel themselves through the water. They can be on your head, elbows, arms, torso or legs (or both)!
Another important way to identify an aquafur are their tails. They look the same as their corresponding species (be it furred or scaly) but with big fins at the end. Their aquatic hybrid tails, along with their flippers, allow for faster swimming. The fins can either be fish, shark or cetacean, whichever you like.

-Webbing: Aquafurs always have webbing attached to their paws (fingers and toes specifically) and armpit (optional). These membranes allow for more faster propelling underwater. They also stretch a lot and feel like rubber.

-Flippers: Finally one of the most crucial aspects of an aquafur are their flippery feet/paws. Essentially they are stretched and elongated fanned out feet/paws resembling closely to fins with webbing coating/merging them entirely between the long toes. They are very much flattened and boneless like cartilage, adding extreme flexibility to them. Because of this, they feel very squishy and sleek to the touch (even if some have fur). Thanks to their flipper-like feet, they can swim faster underwater than other creatures depending on their speed, allowing for incredible stunts and swimming styles (like the merfur, for example). Unfortunately, it is hard to walk on land with flippers instead of feet which can add room for comedic scenes to happen. Flippers are also customisable, you can freely design on how they look and fit to you.

Btw, I can also draw your fursona as a semi-dolphin wearer of the cursed swimming goggles from Dolphin Solution (Page 4-11), both with fur or having them replaced with dolphin skin, whichever you like.

Also, if you want your character to wear swimming trunks, other swimwear (like wetsuits for example) or diving equipment (excluding air tanks), let me know in your request!

Anyways, that's all the features, now for the list of thing that I won't draw on this forum post:
-Sequences, will take too long to make for me.
-Inflation
-Vore
-Violence
-Objectification
-Comics, I'll make them available when I'm ready and trained.
-Other questionable stuff (this includes NSFW/sexual themes)
-Characters from various media (e.g Rambley from Indigo Park)

Anyway, that is all I can propose here in this forum post. Keep in mind that I'll take a look at your requests and decide which will be the best for me to draw first. And this post will be closed after this month until maybe next year (I hope this all goes well though).

So have fun, get creative and most importantly become aquatic in your own unique style! ^w^

Just keep swimming~

Cody The Werewolf

• View Profile
First request drawing done!

The file is unfortunately too big to include here so I'll just leave the link: https://www.weasyl.com/~codytheaquaticwerewolf/submissions/2391342/kara-s-magical-underwater-swim-request-drawing-for-mrocha542

Just keep swimming~

Cody The Werewolf

• View Profile
Hi guys! Back at it again with another aquafur request drawing, this time for theredknight100!

Here is his character Red experimenting his shapeshifting abilities while swimming underwater. Red usually goes for a swim in as an orca tailed merwolf, however this time is special because while he changed himself into a regular merfur, he instead decides to keep his legs (whose feet have now sprouted into sleek flippaws with stylish look of his orca flukes that are yet again directly inspired by KieliIndustries' Merwolf Hugs comic) and test them out for a morning swim on his weekend! He even bought lovely swimming trunks for the ocassion!

Red is a very special gift sent from the Heavens, usually having a pair of angelic wings in his normal land form. However, here they are fused together and transformed into a nice cetecean-like fin!

He's also seen uncontrollably blowing bubbles from his nostrils in the drawing, but don't worry! Aquafurs like Cody Wolfman are usually equipped with special bubble sacks inside their lungs that always automatically regenerate by themselves, meaning that they never run out of air no matter the size!

One last thing to say about him is that he's really BIG while as a merfur, you can clearly tell just by comparing the sharks with the main figure centered on the picture! As such, he's considered as a MACRO Merfur, probably the biggest of the seven seas!

Two requests from two now aquatic best friends are done for this month, woohoo! This calls for a celebration!

Anyway, that is all on my list for now. Guess I now have to do Art Fight for the rest of this month.

Just keep swimming~

Cody The Werewolf

• View Profile
Well, this did not went successful....

Just keep swimming~

Cody The Werewolf

• View Profile
Ok, this post is now a failure. Closed until next year.

Just keep swimming~