Solar Forces NE Ep.6 "Shipyard Scramble" The USO has 20 shipyards, the smallest of which supporting over 100 star-ships, the loss of one could heavily damage the USO's fleet logistics. many ships are undergoing refits for the new war and with many still docked at there stations, chaos is sure to ensue Date: Sep 27, 2332 Space near the Maroon system Fleet Admiral Vola: I need everyone, at their battle-stations, We will be within enemy range within 20 minutes around 75 ships under Vola's command are rapidly approaching a USO shipyard Commander Apollo (communicator): Vola I do hope you understand that I will not take the sacrifice of over 200 ships over Fairont lightly, This attack of yours is highly unlikely to go unnoticed, and sacrificing 200 ships for 100 is not a even trade off, HEY! are you even listening to me? Vola: Mute the long range communicator. Crew-member: Muted Another Crew-member: Sir we are being hailed by the USO shipyard, They will likely identify us soon Vola: Scramble fighters, ALL SHIPS ENGAGE! Vola: Ready my personal ship for departure Vola heads down to the hanger bay and enters his fighter, he activates the engines Vessel Carrier Command: Admiral, Launch tunnel Six is ready. Prepare to launch In 5. 4. 3. 2. BOOSH The shuriken fighter is launched out of the ship at approximately 60 times the speed of sound it slows down as it approaches the station A group of Dragon class fighters aprouch head on but are quickly dismissed by vola and a few other shuriken class fighters Vola quickly approaches a specific part of the station and fires a volley of missiles, and watches closely as it would be impossible to hear the explosion The missiles detonate destroying a part of the station, at the same time the stations weapons go offline Vola: Enemy weapons center is destroyed, Move in and destroy everything that stands, Squadrons 6 and 4 your with me, we're heading inside the station Squadron 6/4 leaders: Roger that Admiral! A hanger door into the station starts to close but a volley of missiles blow the blast door open and Vola's squadron rushes inside, Turrets set up by engineers are used to shoot down multiple of Vola's ships but Plasma cannons tear them apart, Most of the USO forces in the hanger surrender. Vola lands his ship and steps out arming a plasma rifle USO officer: MOVE, MOVE SEAL THOSE DOORS! A group of USO soldiers move to exit the hanger, Vola rushes over, a buzzing noise is heard on the other side. Vola activates the door panel but it doesn't budge Vola shouts as loud as he can "DAARN IIIT!" Vola hits that door as hard as he can, leaving a small, but otherwise noticeable dent A group of GCS troopers rush over GCS Trooper: they just straight up welded that door on us! Vola: PRIVATE SHOCK! Shock: I know what you're gonna ask Shock takes the rocket launcher off his back Shock: Stand back! Shock pulls the trigger *BOOM!* the door is badly deformed but doesn't open, shock loads another rocket and fires again *BOOM* The door blows open USO troopers on the other side begin firing Vola stands still and just shoots them down like an auto turret Vola: All ships move in to engage! the rest of you stay here and guard this hanger Vola moves to a elevator and heads to the lowest level, the AI mainframe, the entire station shakes as the ships bombard it Vola steps out of the elevator and sees the mainframe. he takes out a data card Vola: Now you will serve me, AI. the station shakes again USO officer: I don't think so, Kilobyte isn't in the system anymore... and I've rigged this entire mainframe to blow Vola: Oh please... you wish it were that easy USO officer: GAVE OVER YOU SON OF A BISCUIT The entire room is filled with explosions that engulf Vola The officer opens his communicator Officer: I got him Vola is dead, I repeat Vola is... PEW The officer's communicator is shot clean out of his hands, and he turns to look behind him. Vola is still there, covered in 3rd degree burns with a strange cheeky grin. it appears as if the explosion failed to even phase him Officer: You... you should be dead... or at least in pain Vola: Oh I am in pain... very much so... I just choose to ignore it, and soon you will be in pain too Vola shoots the officer in the arms, legs, and stomach multiple times, but does not kill them Vola: Let this be a lesson to you, that is, If you get off this wreak alive. the entire station rumbles as Vola enters the elevator hitting the button to go to the command deck, Vola receives a signal from his communicator Communicator: Admiral, The corridor to the command deck is guarded by a member of the USEF, we tried to get through. But he just mowed us all down Vola *Sarcastic*: Great... just what I needed an actual challenge... The elevator stops and opens its door but when Vola Tries to peek his head out, A HAILSTORM OF BULLETS FLY BY! Elite Member Donn: COME ON OUT VOLA! I'VE GOT SOME BULLETS WITH YOUR NAME ON THEM! Vola Rolls out and fires his rifle at Donn, Donn rolls out of the way and opens fire, Vola turns to hide behind a support pillar, the pillar is shredded Vola: The only you elites are good for is getting on my nerves! Vola sprints out of cover and shoots at Donn, The Plasma hits directly into Donn's protective vest, Donn fires back at Vola Striking him in the leg while pulling the pin on a grenade *BOOM* The station is hit by another volley from the GCS fleet, Attack Shuttles break off from the dry dock, some even explode from the inside out, Donn Losses his balance and throws the grenade before it detonates, the grenade lands right by a bunch of pressurized hydrogen tanks... Vola and Donn: OH NO. *KA-BOOOOOOM* The depressurization alarms sound as a hole is ripped into space, Donn grabs hold of a cable hanging from the station and equips his respirator Vola Gets behind a crate that has been anchored to the ground, Vola jumps into the open from behind it and hits Donn's Assualt rile out of his hands. watching it get sucked into space but he also loses his own rifle in the process Donn kicks Vola causing him to slip further down the cable, and rushes back up it, as soon as he reaches the top he takes out his knife and starts to cut the cable, Vola Jumps up and grabs onto a loose piece of metal, and lifts up and pushes Donn, Vola uses his claws to attack Donn, Donn Counters with his knife, Vola struggles to land and effective blows but than he sees a metal rod, the end of the rod is increabably sharp, Vola picks it up and jabs it as hard as he can into Donn's head, To say the least the aftermath wasn't pretty Vola gets up and picks up Donn's body and throws it out the hole that leads into space, Vola goes up to a panel and activates a button, Suddenly a large balloon fills up, cutting of the outside area, the room Vola is in re-pressurizes, and he takes off his respirator Vola: I HATE THOSE GUYS... *BOOM* the station shakes again Cpt. Reff *Intercoms*: attention all personnel, proceed to abandon station. Vola Enters the Command deck and shoots the soldiers guarding it, he looks at cpt. Reff and points a rifle at him Vola: THE AI! IF YOU WANT LIVE, HAND IT OVER! Cpt. Reff: We both know I can't do that. Vola Shoots one of the bridge crew members Vola: TELL ME! OR I'LL TEAR THIS ENTIRE STATION TO PIECES! Bridge crew: Sir. I'm not ready to die here, tell him, please Reff looks at the crewmember and sighs Cpt. Reff: Even if you did tear this station apart, you wouldn't find it. An attack shuttle is preparing to leave as we speak. Vola: ?!WHAT!? Vola shoots all the remaining bridge crew and proceeds to kill the captain Vola stands up and looks out the windows and see's a shuttle beginning, It's the attack shuttle Endeavor! and it's move out of it's dry dock Vola activates the dock clamps locking it in place and opens up his communicator Vola: NEW ORDERS! STOP THAT SHUT... *Zip* The shuttle goes to slip speed, the resulting force of the jump tears off the lower half of the station Vola Slams his fists into the control panels, Shattering screens and bending the whole panel box his eyes filled with hatred Vola: DARN YOU CAPTAIN XANDER! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vola watches furiously as his target disappears into the distance, what did the AI, Kilobyte have that he wanted? and will Vola get it? Find out in next time the GCS is featured in ep. 8