Solar Forces NE Ep.2 "The drop" GCS ships are having trouble capturing the city due to a pesky Ground to orbit cannon, due to the inaccuracy of planetary bombardment a team of "Drop troopers" are preparing to drop in from orbit Date: Sep 15, 2332 In orbit of Fairont Marx: Alright Men... Commander is counting on us to take out that gto gun, because of the nature of such a weapon using a drop ship is out of the question Paris: Don't forget, you want to slow down in the upper atmosphere, go too far down you'll lose consciousness or burn up Drop station Op: Make sure your heat suits are sealed, last check... dropping in 3... Marx: last one to land pays for the drinks when we get back! Das: ha ha deal! DSP: 2... Vex: I still ain't used to this! DSP: 1... Marx: ear plugs and oxygen masks on! the floor below the drop troopers opens up and are pulled out by the rushing air as the silence of space takes over with only the light of their visors hud to guide them 110km and dropping 100km and dropping 85km entering planetary atmosphere Marx slows himself down in the upper atmosphere 50km... 30... 20... 5... 1000 meters activate chute Marx touches the ground only after 5 minutes, he takes off his drop gear, Marx: This is dragon 1, I have landed Paris: Dragon 2 checking in Das: Dragon 3, I'm still here Vex: Dragon 4, just touched down Marx: we'll speak again at the rally point, stay low but move quick, dragon 1 going dark Marx begins running for the rally point while staying low, he spots multiple abandoned vehicles, destroyed buildings, and many many dead bodies, no two look alike, GCS troopers, USO personnel, local militia, civilians, he can hear the crackling of radios, bringing a quiet sound to the silence of war, war is best not thought to deeply but this isn't the first time Marx has seen this ???: Where do you think you're going! 2 plasma shots miss Marx, Marx quickly reacts to see the culprit, a USO soldier crippled but still confident, the Soldier tries to reload his gun but with a single shot Marx hits him right in the head killing the wounded soldier instantly Marx: Should have just played dead... what a waste. Marx continues to make his way to the rally point where he arrives Das: There you are dragon 1, we're only waiting on 2 now A large missile flies toward the GTO gun but the gun targets it and blows it out of the sky without effort Vex: Jesus... Das: No wonder we need to take that thing out, It packs one heck of a punch Marx: That's the thing, that shot wasn't even fully charged, those things can punch through 10 km worth of lead at max power, however that can take a whole week of charging up power Paris: I'm here! Got into an encounter with a mounted gunner... it wasn't pretty, I had to dump my helmet Marx: you still have the charges? Paris: Of course Vex looks through a scope Vex: I spot 3 snipers, a mounted gunner, and more local militia Marx and his team approach the weapon and eliminate it's defenses and plant the charges Paris: Hey Marx we have a problem Marx: What? Paris: These charges don't have any timers on them, in fact I don't even think they are explosive Marx: WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN!? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ What kind of trick is Marx and his team in for? Is this simply an accident, or is there something more to it? Find out next time the GCS is featured in Solar forces Ep. 4!