Author Topic: Not Quite Furry  (Read 21421 times)

Dragyn

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 12:42:16 PM
I'm gonna' have to join in on the consensus, here.  Fun read, and expected a much different ending.

Huzzah for fuzzy, happy endings!

Geo Holms

• Raccoon with Hat - Will Travel
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 10:23:08 PM
Thanks for taking the time to read, peeps. Tis much appreciated and glad you enjoyed it...and am very curious how you thought this tale was going to end.

To be honest, when half-way through this story I was struggling to choose between two endings. In the end, I compromised the two. The title of the story was supposed to be one of the last lines, but the story sorta evolved in the writing, taking some unexpected turns along the way. In all, I'm glad I went with a fuzzy ending. Dark ending TF tales are overrated. I like going the quirky route. ;3

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 08:14:51 PM
Really enjoyed this tale. [:)  Very fun read.  Can't really say much more than beyond what's already been said.  [:)

[fox] Virmir

Geo Holms

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 09:44:52 PM
Thanks muchly. Glad ye enjoyed it. I'll assume you expected a darker ending too. ;3

In other news, got off my tail and decided to draw out a rough image of Regi J. Tesla in the fur. Complete with sketchy extras.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 04:19:04 AM
huh, cool. I expected more blue though. Like... more blue than would be actually tasteful. (get it? tasteful? cause his tongue is blue? okay, going off to kill myself now >.>)

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 09:29:36 PM
I personally didn't see this ending in a dark way, the quirky tone of the story always seemed to me to be going off in a way that fit a bit more with the ending as it happened.  Quirky stories shouldn't have dark endings unless they're black comedy, and I rather liked the ending, even though I don't quite get everything as I... uh... erm... have never watched Dr. Who...

Anywho... really liked this. 

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Geo Holms

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 09:36:43 PM
True enough. It wouldn't make sense for a quirky tale to have that dark of ending...unless an author was just being mean or something...

And this story is just riddled with little details from sci-fi and fantasy shows, so where was bound to be a few jokes that got lost in the frey.

Thanks, and thank fer readin'