Author Topic: Musings on Red Mages...  (Read 6356 times)

Juubi

• The Mage Forsaken by Time
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • [Tail overflow detected. Reset universe? Y/Y]
    • View Profile
on: September 12, 2012, 03:32:14 PM
So, I've been thinking. Red Mages are a lot like students, right?
You have to start out with a good foundation, low level spells of many varieties, or basic classes,
then, in the higher grades/levels, you can focus more on specific areas, like specific spells or Majoring in subjects.
But most Red Mages can use more than just one type of spell well, right? I can't find anything there.
(This is all based off of my interpretation of them, so it won't be perfectly sensible.)

Revivification! *sips his tea*

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 04:12:16 PM
The Red Mages rack up lots of debt in loans and can't find a job because they majored in Communication Telepathy?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:39:31 PM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

EccentricOrbit

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 08:39:11 PM
Red Mages couldn't decide on a major. They can sort of fake any branch of magic, but they're five years in and nowhere close to graduating.  [:P

When their advisors finally start making noises about final exams, they decide to run off with a band of adventurers to escape.

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 08:40:51 PM
Predictably, the band never gets anything other than really small gigs spaced very far apart, and they all resign and become farm hands.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.