Author Topic: DoW the 3rd  (Read 135935 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 04:48:17 AM
Turn 4

Digital Vulpine - (19-14=5) 5+3+12=20 moved
Donnie - (4-0=4) 4+2+6=12 moved
Draykin - (12-8=4) 4+3+9=16 moved
Fax - (13-13=0) 0+3+11=14 moved
FrostedLights - (9-7=2) 2+3+10=15 moved
Geary - (12-2=10) 10+0+12=22 moved
I am the IZOD - (3-3=0) 0+2+10=12
Kenku - (8-0=8) 8+0+3=11 moved
PineapplesOfScience - (10-10=0) 0+3+11=14 moved
Radioactive Toast - (7-2=5) 5+3+9=17
Snow - (14-13=1) 1+3+10=14 moved
Stormkit - (11-6=5) 5+2+4=11 moved
Tech - (8-5=3) 3+3+11=17 moved
Trask - (5-4=1) 1+2+7=10 moved

http://dow.crimsonflagcomic.com/doku.php?id=game3

Geography

Alignment

Underground

Climate

Races

Races
Crondins
(-1)

Orders
Ngarjeck
Order of the First Tail
Elder Rights

Corvo the Allfather
Danyel Yekson
Fios the Sea-lamander
Ignis
John Locke
Khayos
Syrask Kyuro
Tizocoatl
The Zenith
Zerky
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:00:30 PM by Radioactive_Toast »

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Snow

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 01, 2013, 11:10:11 AM
(Starting Points: 14 actually, due to my miscalculation last time.)

Command Avatar: Purify City (14->12)
Maybe it was the Zenith's influence. At least, that's what people later thought. Most of the forest lands to the west, [C4,C5,B5], became purified. So did the caverns of [B6]... mostly, and even the sea above them. Although the land and the tunnels were dangerous, there was a prevailing sense that things would be okay. That heroes would always show up, harvests would be good enough, and you'd find your true love someday while battling a Loping Hacksor by moonlight.

Shape Land (12->9)
"Our canary died while we were down there."
"The regular one or the doomspike?"
"The one, then the other. It was serious business."

There was a deadly hot valley at G5 full of strange gases. The earth cracked around it, forming a giant canyon and cave complex that extended into [G5,F5,F6]. The people would call it the Atmos Canyon and do all manner of foolhardy things there.
Meanwhile, more floatstone rose from the sea, forming a few more hovering islands at F4 that became... odd, due to the influence of those to the west. They were partly like the northern islands -- perfectly ordinary hovering islands -- and partly not.

The innkeeper scoffed at the 'monster pelt' his friend the adventurer had brought. "You say you skinned a critter for that? So the monsters wear clothes?"
"No, this was its skin."
The barkeep sighed; his colleague must've been addled by his experiences. He patiently replied, "But it's made of cloth. And it's plaid."
"Yup! The Tartan Mauler blended in cunningly with its lair."
"No more ale for you tonight."

Shape Climate (9->7)
"So it's like a forest, but rainy?"
"Basically. I'm thinking of calling it... the Thunder Rapids of Mount Foreboding!"
"I meant a name for the biome... oh. That's what you meant too."

The tropical northwest of the main continent became similar to what's at C5. Jungles and rivers sprang up around [E8,E7,E6 and the land bits of D7 and E5], mainly fed by a great river from the existing mountains. The whole area cooled off a little too.

Purify City (7->3)
This time it definitely wasn't the Zenith. The land and sea themselves seemed to be just plain insufferably nice. You could hardly bear to strike down a Ghibli even for combat practice, and the grinning Slimes didn't really do much more than dissolve your clothes when they struck. [C4] became doubly purified, and [C3,D3 and D4 including the islands] came to be pretty nice too.

(Ending Points: 3)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:24:28 PM by Snow »

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 01, 2013, 11:19:54 AM
Corvo, The Allfather, beseeches mother earth to give him more duties. Nothing happens, however, because his actual deity slept in.

SKIP.

-------- Tally --------
Starting Points: 22
Points Spent: 0 (0)
End Points: 22
Total Points Spent: 15 (3 + 10 + 2 + 0)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:16:31 PM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

DigitFiredrake

• Fluffwolf of all trades
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 01, 2013, 01:19:58 PM
In the lands of I6 Dark forces are at work!

Shape Land -
The ground becomes covered in a thick fog... the plants die, and a black gas steams from ground.... also under the hill of H5 the source of these gasses becomes clear, deep under the surface, far to deep for many to reach lays a "insatiability" Not one of rock... but of substance. It is a split of basic components of space its self! These components easily cling onto the nearest matter they can find, in these small vents air is the only matter that moves, thus all that is carried to the surface!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:28:24 PM by Tech »

-----------------------------------------------------------
There are two kind of people in this world those who are wise enough to know they are crazy and those who aren't.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 01, 2013, 03:07:10 PM
Ah, I see the dice decided to apologize for the rough start.  {;)

Create Avatar: 10 points
As Locke guided the primitive creatures of the land on the path towards civilization, they began to slowly understand that some had different needs, resources, and skills than others, and by trading what they had in abundance for what they lacked, the happiness of all could be improved.  This knowledge left its imprint in the immaterial plane, eventually becoming Adam Smith, the god of Trade.

Create Avatar: 10 points
Something else began to happen to the primitive creatures: they began to see patterns in how the world worked.  They began to make discoveries that made their lives easier: fire, the wheel, levers, and primitive tools.  A spirit of discovery and enlightenment came into being, manifesting itself as Isaac Newton, the god of Science.

Together with the god of Law, these manifestations of order worked to guide the primitive tribes to become something more than just clever animals... a work that would be centuries in the making.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 01, 2013, 07:21:36 PM
WHOOOOSH

PASS

Tizocoatl

• Ambystoma Mexicanum
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Axolotl. axe-o-loh-tal say it with me people...
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #66 on: July 02, 2013, 10:39:03 AM
i couldn't do a comic because this post is being submitted over wifi from a Boeing 737

under the direction of it's only resident, changes begin to occur on the Frozen Island...

shape climate -2 pts: Frost island (K7 to J10)

Large Evergreen forests grow to populate the entire island

shape climate -2 pts:

the climate of frost island warms slightly, to the point of finally being capable of supporting life. with the slight warming comes the formation of freshwater lakes from meltwater. the island remains quite cold and any sustainable culture there will need to fight to thrive.

4 points spent: 10 points remain

Loop-Dee-Loop-Dee-Loopity-Doop

FrostedLights

• Agent Featherfall
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 02, 2013, 07:37:09 PM
Purify A13, A14

The Song resonates with the crystalline eggs, and they begin to shine.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:42:24 PM by FrostedLights »

Not Just Another Weathermare

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46:03 PM
The amount of purification going on is moderately ridiculous and needs to be offset. As such this turn will be about corruption.

Corrupt City: (3 pts - centered on E4)

They say there are untold depths of the ocean, and that dark creatures stir there. The kraken... the leviathan... if they exist and have a home, surely it is at the depth of the ocean. And if any place in the oceans are likely to have this home... it is that region. Yes, that one. Centered at E4, but ranging south into F4, west into E3, and north-east into D5/E5-ish. It tried to be surprisingly symmetrical, like an equilateral triangle with the sides bashed in, but Snow's purification messed with that. Instead if will wrap ominously around his safe waters. Woe to those who venture too far from shore.

Corrupt City: (3 pts - Scattershot)
  • The mysterious force that is me got bored with being subtle and so started throwing darts at the board. Those hard to cross mountains at D9? Harder to cross now.
  • That forest in H6? The light of day hardly reaches through it now, and possibly black smoke/gas starts arising from it. That bit of water is rumored to be poisonous as well. Drinking or even touching this water will make you fall asleep and many have drowned as a result. Local fauna have a resistance to this, including the giant spiders of attacok. This forest is known as... lurkwood. Yeah, that's the ticket...
  • Look at the center of the tropical island  at G1/H2/G2/H1, now back to me, now back to the island, now back to me, now back to the island. Hey, was that aztec temple always there? Look at the jungle, now back to the temple... it's gone! That's because it was a ghost. Now look back to the jungle... it's full of ghosts! Now look back to me, I'm on a jaguar.
  • Those are some lovely archipelagos in the D row. Really, they are. It would be a shame if someone were to... corrupt them. Luckily for a modest fee I can ensure they stay nice... Wait, who am I talking to anyway? Oh well I guess I'll just go ahead then. The part of the archipelago on D13 is now rocky crags, shipwreck bait. It's possible this is also a place where mysterious sea creatures live.

Total points used: 6
Points remaining: 5

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 12:37:36 AM
Ignis awoke in a sudden rage, thrashing about and letting loose sounds that would chill even the bravest of souls, before he dug into the earth, and the earth shook. In the distance, rock and soil split and heaved.

Shape Land - 3
The underground caves and caverns at G5 extend to also occupy G6, H5, and H6. In addition, mountains rise atop the Eastern edges of G6 and H6.

The Flaming Serpent's fury was not limited to the lands across the ocean, and it was with a single smack of its tail that its island home was broken in two, allowing the waters of the ocean to flow in freely. Later, Ignis would see this newly broken land as an opportunity, and craft it to its desires.

Command Avatar: Shape Land - 2
A river forms, beginning in the bay at H2, and ending at the Southern part of the coast of H1. Near the middle of the river also forms small mountains, creating a river valley.

Shape Climate - 2
At this new river valley, the ground turns red, and there is not a single hint of the rainforest that covers most of the island. This new river valley also becomes much hotter, to a point where the water at the surface of the river boils, and salt washes up upon its coast.

At last, Ignis found what had awoken it in such anger, the new presence that did not belong. It saw that invaders, trespassers, had arrived, and Ignis struck them for its own amusement. For several months, Ignis hunted the spirits that had entered its lair, ruthlessly tracking them, devouring the souls of some, and incinerating others until not a hint of their spiritual residue remained. For years, they would provide the Avatar of Fire with entertainment, and an easy meal.

Purify City - 4
The areas of G1, H1, G2, and H2 are purged of their corruption.

Points at Round Start - 16
Points Remaining - 5

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 12:23:28 PM
Somewhere deep within the mountains an ancient vault is disturbed by the shifting and rumbling of the land. Within it a consciousness awakens: The Dungeonkeeper. Having awoken from what dreamless slumber or non-existence it had experienced beforehand the dungeonkeeper sets itself to its task: The creation of an endless series of temples, ruins and dungeons across the land.

Meanwhile, the eastern archipelligo extends further north into B and C 13 and 14

Create Avatar [10]
Shape Land [3]

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 04, 2013, 09:14:51 PM
Somewhere on G10...

Therein lies a mysterious red brick castle surrounded by sleepy rolling hills and gentle flowing rivers. This castle appears to be aged and in ruin, walls have crumbled and secrets await.... that is if it was created by any civilization at all. A bright light appears in the distant sky, sometimes appearing next to the sun and becoming brighter and brighter...

Create Avatar: -10
Myrddin Ambrosius!

Many many years ago, Myrddin Ambrosius was a legendary researcher of Pomharpii Transmutation energies and chemistry. A vaunted master in his field, he can turn wood to metal, rend and repair flesh with little difficulty, and during the late 3rd Era of the great Pomharpii Civilization, he was a leading researcher in the possibilities of the grand mineral Otterium. Many of his peers have identified him as The Wizard for his incredible skill and intellect over Transmutation. Upon his Ascension he dedicated himself to understanding all there is of the material realm, and how far he can bend the powers of Transmutation.

Myrddin arrives on this newly born planet to investigate the acts of another ascended being interfering with the natural order of the world.

"If it isn't Myrddin Ambrosius, the Wizard," Danyel sneered.
"Don't be coy with me child, what is it you are doing here? Why have you constructed a castle and suddenly destroyed it?"
Command Avatar: -2
Danyel: Create Castle on G10.... and wreck it to appear as a ruin.
"Weeeell~ I wanted to tease any new upstarts into trying to figure out where this castle come from."
"Poppycock, this is child's play. Certainly you have better things to do?"
"Myrddin, we are immortal now. I chose this path as I wish to witness civilization grow and evolve... around my actions. Why don't you join me? Meddling could be a good exercise."
"You presume I intend to experiment on this world?"
"I presume you'll find something to learn here." Danyel grins.

Points used: 12
Remaining Points: 0
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:04:26 PM by Donnie »

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #72 on: July 06, 2013, 09:50:57 PM
Syrask Kyuro still relaxes happily in the water, enjoying himself.

TURN = PASS.

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

I am the IZOD

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 07, 2013, 10:39:39 PM
Guess I should get this in quickly.  Create Avatar (10).
Suddenly, a Tasmanian Devil appears.  But not just a plain old one.  This one is 5 feet tall, and walks on his hind legs.  He wears a monocal, and writes the stories of what goes on and what will happen.  He is Richard, and he is a God of Fate.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 08, 2013, 03:10:43 AM
Create Avatar 10-points
The great entity from beyond looks down in embarrassment upon the world, grumbling as he realizes that out of all his traits to influence this virgin world it had to be those aspects.  Sighing dejectedly, it nevertheless fashions something a bit more graceful and elegant, birthing the Ember Wind Dragon, a beast of the air and the flame.

Shape Climate 2-points
The land between H7 and G10 becomes dry and steppe like

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️