Poll

Which one of these plot ideas would you like made? (Detail in post)

Greg [Fantasy/Sci Fi/Adventure/Horror]
3 (17.6%)
Hanse & Co OL1 [Fantasy/Adventure/Action]
7 (41.2%)
Kuriana OL2 [Fantascy/Scientific/Adventure/Action/Light Hearted]
6 (35.3%)
Iasha OL3 [Fantasy/Renaissance/War Story/Violent]
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Donnie's Comic Future!?!?  (Read 4718 times)

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: October 21, 2012, 11:34:24 PM
So since I found a tablet monitor that is more closely within practicality of obtaining, I've become quite interested in comicking sometime. A larger monitor means less eye strain and access to my desktop to be upgraded. There are lots of possibilities, many of which can be amazing, but I'd like to at least plan things out to a slight degree! So here are some details in the plot ideas I have. Please vote!

Greg (no title)
A young gray fox kit living alone in the forest suddenly has his very existence thrown upside down and blended as dark beings inhabiting the void between universes spills into his world and take Greg with them. Poisoned by the dark void, his soul is split asunder and thrown to the corners of all universes. Before he could be consumed by the void, a friendly being rescues him and offers him this ultimatum: "Until you are whole again, you are a hole in reality where the darkness will spill forth." Gifted with new powers as he travels each universe, he must reclaim his fragments if he has any hope of returning home. The journey is long, dangerous, and won't end well for the young kit.

OL1
The starting tale of the OL series follows Hanse Akayuki leaving his home of Edo to the far seas and lands in the hopes of bringing honor back to his family. A disgrace and a foreigner, Hanse struggled his whole life being an adopted child. It is on his journeys he encounters many friends to help him on his soul searching, and making a great deal of enemies due to his blunders.

OL2
20 years after OL1, Academic, Scholar and Geek Mage Kuriana is studying the nature of how magic energy in the land began and was close to a major discovery until a mysterious fire destroyed her personal library and research office AND the entire university she worked in. The fire was a deliberate act and a letter was left behind, solidifying the Academic society to expel Kuri for fear of their hides. Left destitute with only her robes, book of runes, magic staff, and her witty mind, she seeks to rebuild her life and discover why her searching for knowledge was a threat.... and it all starts in this mercenary job... how hard could it be?

OL3
100 years after OL1, the world has been wrought with grand change as enlightened ideas spread through the region. Old monarchies are being crushed by the very people they claimed power over, new technologies so powerful they rival the old magic guard in possibilities. In a large port city known as Red Cliffs, young and beautiful Iasha attends an invitational dance ball with the city's upper class residents. However, in secret, Iasha has constructed a sizable armory of weapons and ammo for a building rebellion to launch the next day. To say things go wrong is an understatement as she is promptly betrayed by those she sought to assist and her own family disowns her for virtually destroying everything they held dear. In agony she seeks out the leader of the rebellion and has a .75 caliber lead ball and a pistol to settle with him, but no level of vengeance will see her accepted again in Red Cliffs. She leaves for an Edo in conflict when the ordeal is done where she will meet someone who will change the face of the planet.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:44:53 PM by Donnie »

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:42:41 PM
It's hard for me to pick just one, since I've seen enticing tidbits from all of these over the past few years, but I think Greg's story intrigues me the most. It was pictures of him I first remember seeing in your gallery and I remember some awesome stuff like flash animation shorts from it. This is the most classic Donnie material here and I'd love to see it fleshed out!

OL1 (You should specify that OL means Overgrown Lands somewhere so people will stop asking [;)) would be my second choice since I lean more towards the fantasy settings and it seems best to start the three part series from the start. Though it's hard to say no to OL2 because that's the one I think you were cameoing me in... [;)

Either one you pick though.... go for it!

[fox] Virmir

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:38:33 AM
Heh well the problem with OL is that it isn't REALLY a 3 part series as each one can be stand alone with a few connections to one another and each one has darned neat stuff I want to explore! I do like Greg's bit too as it means there are going to be a LOT of strange things going on!

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 12:06:21 PM
I agree with Virmir, it's hard to pick just one!

I can't decide between Greg, Overgrown Lands 1, and Overgrown Lands 3.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 12:08:23 PM
Greg's story rather fascinates me (since I read up on some of it when writing for Greg in the OC tournament last year).  So I voted for that.

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 12:49:06 PM
I'm interested in greg or OL1

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie