Author Topic: Trubbolsworth vs. Phonay  (Read 17300 times)

Shifting Sands

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 02:58:05 PM
All of the Phonays continue to keep shooting and whacking Trubbol with their guns, though none seem to connect yet, and none of them look any more agitated about that fact than another. The illusionist definitely seems good enough at keeping his poker face.

While all of them continue to try and fight, a large shadow sweeps over the arena, with definite wing shapes on the sides. A piercing scream echoes across the arena as the shadow grows bigger...

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 03:04:02 PM
He ignores the shadow for a bit and switches items, pulling out his jar of mayo. Opening the jar he threw it at the Phonays, hoping they were all illusions and the white goop would only cling to one of them. After preforming this action he looked up at the shadow.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 03:06:46 PM
The mayonnaise does pass right through the illusions; every single one, revealing that none of the Phonays on the ground were real. Up above, though, is a giant steampunk looking ship, readying a giant, steampowered turret. The shadows beneath it shift and swirl...

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 03:18:40 PM
Trubbol stares up at the machine and sighs. "How do I get up there?" He paced around the Arena. And tried imagining Phonay surrendering... and hula girls.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 03:31:32 PM
The laser keeps charging up, and the shadows gather all around Trubbol, darkness blotting out most of the light...

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 03:44:17 PM
He sighed. "I really did not want to use this till later..." Trubbol pulled out a potion he had bought from Kenku and took a long swig of it drinking about half of the potion. He fell over and began to twist and contort. Fur became replaced by red scared and he grew larger and larger... Batlike wings spread out behind him and his clothing was town to shreds as he turned into a large dragon, a firedrake to be precise.
The new Dragon leaped up and started flying towards the ship, all the while whining in his head that his was not his style.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 04:07:44 PM
The airship hovers, and the shadows gathering around Trubbol disperse. The laser, however, hums dangerously and begins to fire.

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 04:09:44 PM
* Trubbol Trubbol flies past the fire, clenching his teeth as he feels the deadly heat just missing him, and crashes into the ship headlong. He clings to it and claws at it with a roar "I was saving this for the crazy samuari!!!"

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 04:16:56 PM
On the top of the ship, there's... no one. And in the cockpit of the ship... no one.

And as it turns out, it's another illusion.

But it doesn't matter to Phonay, who aims carefully from the top of a mirrored pillar and fires a bullet at the dragon's chest.

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 04:19:52 PM
The dragon makes a flurry of desperate movements before spiraling back to the ground and crashing loudly. Trubbol was shot! He lays there still breathing and his eyes start to close.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 04:35:14 PM
Phonay slowly floats down from the pillar and stands over Trubbol, holding the gun over the dragon's head while he stands atop him. "Now, one last time; you can surrender, or you can die right here. I know what you want to wish for. And I know Tonbo is waiting for you. Does he want you to die?"

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 04:37:25 PM
The dragon slowly... flapped a torn wing with a bullet lodged in it. He leaps Back to life and pounces at the Illusionist and swipes a claw at the gun. "How is this for an answer? How is this for a magic trick!?"

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 04:40:30 PM
Phonay yells and loses the gun, but pulls another identical one from his pocket. "Don't try that again! I'll shoot and finish the job!"

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 04:42:11 PM
"Right."
Tired of the tricks and the illusions, the big red dragon opens his mouth and lets loose a stream of fire at the Phonar.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 05:07:19 PM
Phonay screams and flails around, but doesn't have anymore tricks up his sleeve. He continues to burn... and falls on his back, a charred piece of cloth and metal.