Author Topic: Trubbolsworth vs. Phonay  (Read 17306 times)

Shifting Sands

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
on: June 11, 2012, 10:52:33 AM
Kain finishes applauding after seemingly having his eyes elsewhere on some other match, and looks down over the arena where Trubbol and a human in gaudy robes and jewelry. He wipes a tear from his eye, looks at the two fighters, and explains "Oh, what a glorious match. Too bad you'll never see it. BUT FOR NOW -"

The demonic figure sweeps his hand across the arena in front of him, pulling up giant pillars with mirrors all across their surfaces. Many of them are cracked, dirty, and bloodcaked, but still can reflect the ground, the fighters, and even other pillars.

"While some of you may have read up on Trubbolsworth, we bring to you an older fighter, one who has survived and left once before!" Kain cries out. "Hailing from Britain, 1818, in the greatest of alternate universes, the Gods bring you Phonay, the Grand Illusionist, with mastery of combat and trickery alike!"

Phonay grins to Trubbol and waves yet another mirror at him, one reflecting a red laser.

"FIIIIIIGHT!"

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:06:07 AM
Trubbol blinked and stared at the man, and then looked back up at Kain with a puzzled expression, his ears drooping a bit. "Illusssin.... illuuuuuusion..." He fumbled with the word a bit and his ears perked up as he jumped away from the laser.

"That word means not real stuff... right?" He pulled out his monkey wrench. "So will any of his illusseeo---not real things actually hit me at all?" The small mammal charged headlong at the Human, hoping he was right.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 11:14:38 AM
Phonay stands still, holding the strange grin, and continues to reflect the laser into Trubbol's eyes and reaches into his robe pocket, pulling out the handle of some weapon.

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 11:20:40 AM
Trubbol falls over mid-run grabbing his eyes as he rolls on the ground, the metal wrench falling to his side. Pulling himself up he reaches to grab a new weapon himself and ends up taking out a loaf of sliced bread with delicious olive oil and spices cooked into it!!!!
Staring down at the item, he shrugs and looks at the Illusionists weapon.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 11:28:37 AM
The illusionist grins and takes out a dusty old weapon with strange flashy tubes coming off its sides, looking like a sidearm but also like a sewer system at the same time. He points the weapon down at Trubbol's head. Each of the mirrors around the scene reflect it perfectly.

"You can surrender now, and let me get my wish," Phonay says and pushes the weapon further. "What do you think?"

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 11:35:41 AM
Trubbol responds by grinding a slice of bread in his hands and throwing crumbs of bread at Phonay's face, and more importantly his eyes. "I g-got a special wish and nobodies gonna take it from me!" He looked a bit more determined then before, his red eyes practically glowing with a momentary sense of resolve.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 11:52:13 AM
"Agh!" Phonay wipes his eyes with his sleeves and fires the weapon erratically, shooting a white-hot ball off of many of the mirrors. He grumbles once he can see again, and then disappears right as the ball comes back to hit him in the chest.

"At least I've already gotten to see your brain," his voice calls through the arena. "Now I know exactly what to summon up..."

He cackled.

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 11:57:31 AM
Trubbol pulls his hatchet out and looked around the room, wondering to himself what he would summon up. An enemy from the past? He does not think he could stand to see some people, recalling a green eyed monster. He thought to himself and speculated as he held his polished blade aloft.

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 12:06:23 PM
(just a bit of mumbling on this one)

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 12:27:06 PM
Phonay cackles louder, and walks out from behind one of the mirror pillars, bringing behind him a vague, but clearly green-eyed giant figure. He holds up his gun toward Trubbol again and offers him another chance to surrender.

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 12:29:11 PM
Trubbol stared at the creature and blinked. "Is that Mal..... no.. doesn't look quite like him..." Trubbol thinks to himself again. I hope he does not summon confetti.... The boy slowly moves towards where his wrench was.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 12:47:20 PM
Phonay seems to lean in to an invisible person whispering a deep secret, and then smiles as the figure behind him spurts out confetti onto Trubbol.

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 01:32:49 PM
Trubbol cracks up laughing and picked up his wrench, swinging it dramatically as he pointed it towards Phonay. "You talk to much! Telling me you can see my brain was a bad move mister! And you made the first vague thought in my head pop up right after I think it!"

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 02:49:52 PM
Phonay grumbles, but doesn't waste any more time and summons up hordes of himself, circling all around Trubbol. Each holds the same strange looking weapon, and all of them reflect in the mirror pillars. Each one fires the weapon, and 50 copies of burning bullets head straight for his opponent.

Trubbol

• Unknown hero
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 02:52:46 PM
Trubbol does not waste time running from the spot he was in, charging as a group of Phonays weapons first. And Hoping he does not get hit by the real one. Now he was down to gambling while he thought of a way past this.